Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (617) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1292037 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:45am On Apr 24, 2018
Sorry, I mixed it up. She received her result on the 23rd of February and applied on the 28th of February. So, it's a little over 7 weeks.

queenieB:

I wish I had applied the following week, well I'll continue waiting for them... 7weeks and counting
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bimsebony: 9:53am On Apr 24, 2018
Newmum0615:
Feb 10th.

Ooh wow! Same date.

Fingers crossed and hopeful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 9:54am On Apr 24, 2018
hadecunleh:
Morning friends.

My wife was diagnosed of post child birth depression. She's on medication. She has since recovered well and has no single trace of any anti-social behaviour whatsoever, however, she's still on prescription drugs. Her doctor advised we include her health history in our submission because she might require to continue her treatment over there. My concern is, can we be denied based on medical inadmissibility because of this?

Hmmm this is dicey . However post partum depression is not a communicable disease and like you said she's already on anti depressants.

What your doctor meant is, when you get to Canada disclose to your GP.

Goodluck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 9:57am On Apr 24, 2018
bbaby84:

Hmmm this is dicey . However post partum depression is not a communicable disease and like you said she's already on anti depressants.

What your doctor meant is, when you get to Canada disclose to your GP.

Goodluck.

Lol, are you the doctor? how do you know what he could have meant? grin

I think he wants them to disclose it so they don't end up misrepresenting any medical information. Either way during the medical examination the Panel physician will ask for medical history during which they have to disclose it.

I don't think it will be an issue though. Its not communicable like you said and Canada is becoming more lenient regarding health restrictions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 24, 2018
nkigirl:

I don't understand this statement. Did you make a typographical error? Are you trying to ensure Nigeria is banned from express entry? What does "not bad" mean?! Someone drove a van on a pedestrian lane in Toronto and killed 10 persons and you write " not bad" Please delete this.
I meant too bad.. Meanwhile it was a citizen of white skin.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vascey(m): 10:18am On Apr 24, 2018
hadecunleh:
Morning friends.

My wife was diagnosed of post child birth depression. She's on medication. She has since recovered well and has no single trace of any anti-social behaviour whatsoever, however, she's still on prescription drugs. Her doctor advised we include her health history in our submission because she might require to continue her treatment over there. My concern is, can we be denied based on medical inadmissibility because of this?

Actually you need to disclose it. If you do not, I think the blood test will probably give them an indication she is on some form of medication.

Then, you can be thrown out on the basis of misrepresentation. However, I do not think the condition is enough to disqualify you. it is more common than you think, it goes away soon enough, it is not a terminal sickness, she's of no risk to the public, it is not a communicable disease, her vital organs are still intact etc. I don't think you have anything to be worried about.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smslive2: 10:18am On Apr 24, 2018
Read more about the recent changes to the Government of Canada brings medical inadmissibility policy in line with inclusivity for persons with disabilities and medical inadmissibility rules for immigrants
hadecunleh:
Morning friends.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by clock89: 10:28am On Apr 24, 2018
Morning people.

So I created my profile yesterday. CRS locked at 441. This morning I got an email that my application has been updated but there were no updates when I logged in to check. (I actually thought they had done the draws already).
Is that what we call Ghost updates here? Pre-ITA? LOL

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olajide21: 10:35am On Apr 24, 2018
jelmusboy:
My fear is still on the validity of the Nikkah certificate and Declaration of marriage. But since you said you used it, I think I should be alright. Did you put any LOE?

No LoE
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by daks01: 10:37am On Apr 24, 2018
I hope i get this lucky o! All i need is 0.5, i have 6 more harrowing weeks to wait for BC.

Newmum0615:
While you people are asking and answering anyhow questions here, I just want to say that my colleague got an upgrade in speaking from 7.5 to 8.5 and Writing 6.5 to 7 with BC.

[s]Lemme go back to reading you pipu's anyhow questions and answers grin[/s]

Ok bye.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by beeems: 10:53am On Apr 24, 2018
Hello All. Please i will like to know is there is anyone whose medicals has expired and has not got PPR here? med expires this thursday and nothing from CIC. Ordered GCMS notes a second time but won't be due to May ending. AOR is May 2017. FSW - Outland.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Dulles25: 11:13am On Apr 24, 2018
Newmum0615:
Oh, so you sabi do research like this? undecided

Anyway, I only gave you pointers, remember I said you should decide on the most appropriate one that fits your JD.

Thank you for the insight. I'm looking for the most appropriate one, that will carry more points. I might just wait to be called to the bar, work another one year to get those points. 2020 however seems so far, I hope the EE program will still be on.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tolfa(m): 11:19am On Apr 24, 2018
beeems:
Hello All. Please i will like to know is there is anyone whose medicals has expired and has not got PPR here? med expires this thursday and nothing from CIC. Ordered GCMS notes a second time but won't be due to May ending. AOR is May 2017. FSW - Outland.
just thinking...it might be good to raise a CSE to that effect and also there is a very high likelihood you will get ADR for new medical report since its expiring this week...you can as well go for medical and submit it via CSE....JUST MY THOUGHT OOO

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hadecunleh: 11:22am On Apr 24, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by doppler06: 11:23am On Apr 24, 2018
My only work on this thread is to be saying THANK YOU to the providers of information. Chukwu gozie unu.

So as a sequel to the information posted about the 2 hospitals for medicals. I just got off the phone with qLife (the one in VI) and the next available date is on the 9th of May (that is in 2 weeks). So if you are part of the people that are eager to submit everything asap and you are sure of ITA tomorrow, you might want to call and book your slot. Fee is still 28k for adults.

Also, I spoke with the Inspector Moshood for the Naija PCC and he says that its N6,500 for Canada. I remember seeing N3,500 somewhere on the thread. I also called someone else's contact at the same station and he gave the same N6,500 bill.

So maybe its a case of "money don go up oh for PCC oh"...... Guys that did their PCC of recent, how much did you guys pay??..

Anyways..... goodluck to all of us waiting for tomorrow's ITA smiley smiley

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 11:33am On Apr 24, 2018
May 2017? shocked shocked shocked

Almost a year faaa! Have you tried contacting them? This is way too long naa. I presume that you will be allowed to submit new medical report(s). Cos you won't be able to travel if your medicals have expired. I also read somewhere when someone made a request to CIC to extend her medicals. Not really sure what extension entails.

beeems:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2018
beeems:

Send them a mail and raise CSE concerning this ask for extension then await their response meanwhile check your gcms notes for the comments or remark on your medicals whether they did an extension there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2018
28k for medicals !!! Are you kidney me? shocked When am paying over 150K for medicals here

doppler06:
My only work on this thread is to be saying THANK YOU to the providers of information. Chukwu gozie unu.

So as a sequel to the information posted about the 2 hospitals for medicals. I just got off the phone with qLife (the one in VI) and the next available date is on the 9th of May (that is in 2 weeks). So if you are part of the people that are eager to submit everything asap and you are sure of ITA tomorrow, you might want to call and book your slot. Fee is still 28k for adults.

Also, I spoke with the Inspector Moshood for the Naija PCC and he says that its N6,500 for Canada. I remember seeing N3,500 somewhere on the thread. I also called someone else's contact at the same station and he gave the same N6,500 bill.

So maybe its a case of "money don go up oh for PCC oh"...... Guys that did their PCC of recent, how much did you guys pay??..

Anyways..... goodluck to all of us waiting for tomorrow's ITA smiley smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 12:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
Ethelia:

I think he wants them to disclose it so they don't end up misrepresenting any medical information. Either way during the medical examination the Panel physician will ask for medical history during which they have to disclose it.

I don't think it will be an issue though. Its not communicable like you said and Canada is becoming more lenient regarding health restrictions.

Side eye... undecided

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chinedum: 12:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
Ethelia:

Well, panel physician will only ask for medical history if there is a sense of red flag anywhere. However, I think that disclosing this will not harm the PR application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chinedum: 12:24pm On Apr 24, 2018
ysteph:
What about people who have asked for a remark and had their scores upgraded?
In that case, will you still maintain that, IELTS is a fraud.
My problem with IELTS is that, some of the markers are not capable. If not, how else, do you explain someone getting a 6.5 and upgraded to a 7.5 or an 8 after a remark?

Well, different people interpret writing and speaking differently. The onus is on IELTS to provide training to them to ensure standard.

What organizations like GRE do is to ensure that two different people mark your essay and if there is up to 1 point difference between them, a third person is brought in to remark it. This sought of creates some standard.

As for the other parts, the only thing that could make a difference is one's writing. If it's not legible, a lazy marker will "waka-pass" some spellings. A remark will draw close attention to those spellings and can earn one some extra marks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smslive2: 12:25pm On Apr 24, 2018
He is not Kidney you ooo... He dare not liver to you!
jelmusboy:
28k for medicals !!! Are you kidney me? shocked When am paying over 150K for medicals here

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Maxxyfruit: 12:46pm On Apr 24, 2018
Newmum0615:
She took the test on the 10th of Feb. I reckon she applied for the remark the following week, cos I kept urging her to. She didn't even know she could. Probably sometime between the 12th to 16th.

Update: Sorry, I mixed it up. She received her result on the 23rd of February and applied on the 28th of February. So, it's a little over 7 weeks.

Hello, please is it correct to put IRCC address in the BC ielts reg.form where they asked if there is any organization you want your result sent to?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 1:03pm On Apr 24, 2018
Maxxyfruit:

Hello, please is it correct to put IRCC address in the BC ielts reg.form where they asked if there is any organization you want your result sent to?

You don't need to do that. I guess you already selected canada immigration earlier on.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 1:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
vascey:

Actually you need to disclose it. If you do not, I think the blood test will probably give them an indication she is on some form of medication.

Then, you can be thrown out on the basis of misrepresentation. However, I do not think the condition is enough to disqualify you. it is more common than you think, it goes away soon enough, it is not a terminal sickness, she's of no risk to the public, it is not a communicable disease, her vital organs are still intact etc. I don't think you have anything to be worried about.

Lmao @ the bolded. Anyway na because you write you "think" so make I no yab you. grin

But it won't show up if you're not looking for it. It's like saying they test the blood for alcohol to know if one is a drunk. That is not their concern. They're testing for STIs, HIV, and blood type. Not whether you sniff cocaine or do meth.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2018
jelmusboy:

You're in UK right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Akinsnow89: 1:28pm On Apr 24, 2018
Ok Guys..
Extremely silent reader here..
My time line so far
ITA feb 7 2018
AOr April 17,submitted and got AOR almost instantly
Kept checking my mail,hoping for Medical update,believing thats d next step.
Fast forward to this present day April 23/24
Request letter for additional document (proof of separation. BACKGROUND CHECK SAYS IN PROCESS
Medicals still not updated..
Now am in limbo,cos I thought medical update was meant to happen before any background buhaha
But what do i know

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 1:34pm On Apr 24, 2018
Only UK charges that amount for Medicals. £330 & £350 for the two accredited hospitals in Birmingham and London.

MoCare:

You're in UK right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 1:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
Not always. If you received an ADR, then most likely you will get your medicals passed after you reply. That's how it was for someone I know. Chill, you are on the right track. You are in IP1 now. Some people go to IP1 before medicals passed. You are not alone on this.
Akinsnow89:
Ok Guys..
Extremely silent reader here..
My time line so far
ITA feb 7 2018
AOr April 17,submitted and got AOR almost instantly
Kept checking my mail,hoping for Medical update,believing thats d next step.
Fast forward to this present day April 23/24
Request letter for additional document (proof of separation. BACKGROUND CHECK SAYS IN PROCESS
Medicals still not updated..
Now am in limbo,cos I thought medical update was meant to happen before any background buhaha
But what do i know

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.