Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting (3267 Views)

See A Photo Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Mother Who's Linked To Diezani's Looting / Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD / PDP Urges EFCC To Probe Fashola Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by Beaf: 5:30am On Mar 29, 2010
[size=14pt]PDP Urges Jonathan to Probe Looting[/size]
From Reuben Buhari in Kaduna, 03.29.2010

The New York branch of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has urged Acting President Goodluck Jonathan to properly investigate alleged official looting which was said to have been perpetrated when President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua was away in Saudi Arabia for medical treatment.

According to the chairman of the New York branch of the party, Chief Oluwafemi Sanyaolu, who is also the Chairman, Global Campaign for Africa Democracy, after a meeting with citizens of Nigeria in the United States on the state of affairs of the nation and the way forward, noted that those who took part in such looting should not be included in the new list of ministerial nominees currently before the senate.

The PDP chieftain, who made these known through a signed statement, further alleges that because of the country’s leadership problem during Yar’Adua’s hospitalization in Saudi Arabia and before Jonathan was empowered to act, “Nigerians in Diaspora who are doing business in Nigeria were made to pay $455 extra on any container of goods shipped to the country to a private company in Houston, Texas on behalf of Nigeria, and $370 on every car shipped to Nigeria.”

The PDP stalwart said the ludicrous payment started when the country had leadership problem some months ago and pleaded with the acting president to investigate the issue with a view to ascertaining what went wrong and where the collected tariffs entered.

“What type of a country collects taxes from its citizen in a foreign land, and where do such monies go? Those behind these rip-offs should tell us where such is practiced in the world and if it is in the interest of its citizens in Diaspora? He queried.

On the recurring Jos crises, Sanyaolu said, “the diversity in Nigeria should be a unifying factor binding us together to make us unique with unparalleled and unequaled strength that will keep us ahead as the giant of Africa that is the envy of other nations in Africa and the rest of the world,” and called on the Federal Government to ensure that those behind the scene fuelling the cord of disunity are fished out and jailed.

“We shall all live to be the advocates of a Nigeria that our children and generations unborn will be proud to live in and even those of us in the Diaspora can proudly walk with our head high. That is why we commit our resources and our time to this end, and our children will want to come back to settle in their fatherland, with their brothers and sisters regardless of tribe, religion and culture,” he said.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=169695
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by solokay(m): 5:44am On Mar 29, 2010
How can a party whose majority of its members are looters probe looting, no disrespect to the New york branch of pdp members . I dont think jonathan is powerful enough to call the bluff of all those people.
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by Bishopking: 12:27pm On Mar 29, 2010
joke section pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:38pm On Mar 29, 2010
Bishopking:

Indeed a joke, that has gone stale, it is like asking Farida Waziri to probe Ibori grin
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by snowdrops(m): 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2010
Bishopking:

Moderators una hear?
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by solokay(m): 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2010
Is like asking Babangida to probe Anenih, hehehe
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by harakiri(m): 12:46pm On Mar 29, 2010
This should be in the jokes section.
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by Fhemmmy: 12:46pm On Mar 29, 2010
Another waste of time.
Infact, i see this request as another way to loot more money, cos it will cost money to probe and at the end of the day, nothing would be found.
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by slap1(m): 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2010
Loot, looter, lootest. Hehe, and I'm an English student.
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by solokay(m): 1:03pm On Mar 29, 2010
@Fhemmmy, you are very right. They will loot more money under the pretence of trying to catch the looters and at the end nothing will come out of it.
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by marvix(m): 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

Indeed a joke, that has gone stale, it is like asking Farida Waziri to probe Ibori grin
who says Jonathan cannot probe looting by members of the PDP in govt, or was it an AC govt that sent Bode George to Prison and Farida had taken Ibori to court and a court declared him innocent, its no more business as usual where the EFCC is the accuser and the Judge, and this brings the ugly side of the rule of law and when Judiciary can be manipulated.

Latest reports indicate that Ibori is wanted by Farida, maybe just to arraign him in court and free him again,
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by Fhemmmy: 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2010
solokay:

@Fhemmmy, you are very right. They will loot more money under the pretence of trying to catch the looters and at the end nothing will come out of it.

I think the man that even made such request is a joker, cos if he knows that PDP is that terrible, how come he is a member?
marvix:

who says Jonathan cannot probe looting by members of the PDP in govt, or was it an AC govt that sent Bode George to Prison and Farida had taken Ibori to court and a court declared him innocent, its no more business as usual where the EFCC is the accuser and the Judge, and this brings the ugly side of the rule of law and when Judiciary can be manipulated.

Latest reports indicate that Ibori is wanted by Farida, maybe just to arraign him in court and free him again,

Let us get real, probing within PDP is always done when the member has stepped on toes.
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by ojimboIV: 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2010
PDP New York (na charity organisation? )
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by Fhemmmy: 1:13pm On Mar 29, 2010
ojimbo IV:

PDP New York (na charity organisation? )

I am sure the NY chapter would have been given some envelope as well, and i wont be shocked to see the dude's name on the ballots soon, and he will be campaigning that he was the one asking Jonathan to probe some months back . . . . .we all know their tricks
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by axeman85(m): 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2010
Bunch of jokers. ajority of them are the culprit am sure if jonathan listens to them and probes looting. 99.9% of these so called PDP members will be found wanting.
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by otukpo(f): 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2010
Another waste of time indeed.
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by deanozone: 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2010
Child's play, what has been the result of past probing.the answer to this is 1 x 0= 0.
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by Fhemmmy: 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2010
axeman85:

Bunch of jokers. ajority of them are the culprit am sure if jonathan listens to them and probes looting. 99.9% of these so called PDP members will be found wanting.

I am sure even Jonathan too could not be clean
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by nnewa: 1:40pm On Mar 29, 2010
Do we hv t crucify him 4 blowin d whistle? Tel me,in whse court is d ball now. U tink it's a culture of c no evil,talk no evil.sth can hapn smedy,despite d duratn.letz pray 4 Nija in,
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by Fhemmmy: 1:43pm On Mar 29, 2010
nnewa:

Do we hv t crucify him 4 blowin d whistle? Tel me,in whse court is d ball now. U tink it's a culture of c no evil,talk no evil.sth can hapn smedy,despite d duratn.letz pray 4 Nija in,

He has been the chairman of the NY PDP Chapter for how long?
What has PDP done for Nija and how come now it is the time for him to speak up?
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by boyt1: 1:58pm On Mar 29, 2010
which one be PDP New york branch. naija will not kill man with comedy cheesy cheesy cheesy offshore looters!!
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by solokay(m): 2:01pm On Mar 29, 2010
The NY PDP guy just want to be known by saying something so that he could be considered for some position in government and be able to loot too. Bunch of jokers.
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by JUO(m): 2:02pm On Mar 29, 2010
can a deputy governor probe governor?
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 29, 2010
JUO:

can a deputy governor probe governor?
NO
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by marvix(m): 2:29pm On Mar 29, 2010
@fhemmy even if it is those who step on toes alone, we would be reducing the num of looters who bestride our political space.
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by floriana(m): 2:36pm On Mar 29, 2010
For Goodluck Jonathan, charity should start at home, not in New York
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by violent(m): 2:58pm On Mar 29, 2010
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah

I sure had a good laugh!

This is good joke!
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 3:02pm On Mar 29, 2010
honestly speaking.let us be realistic.i think Goodluck can do it.the latest news make it known that Good luck gave waziri an intrustion to find more loot or else she loose her job.that is what cause the reopening of Ibori case
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 3:07pm On Mar 29, 2010
honestly speaking.let us be realistic.i think Goodluck can do it.the latest news make it known that Good luck gave waziri an intrustion to find more loot or else she loose her job.that is what cause the reopening of Ibori case.he said and i quote."even if his my own brother i will make sure he is brought to book"
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by MsTom(f): 3:29pm On Mar 29, 2010
AYODEJI4LOVE:

honestly speaking.let us be realistic.i think Goodluck can do it.the latest news make it known that Good luck gave waziri an intrustion to find more loot or else she loose her job.that is what cause the reopening of Ibori case.he said and i quote."even if his my own brother i will make sure he is brought to book"

Yes he can if he is ready to face the music too!
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by Orikinla(m): 3:45pm On Mar 29, 2010
GFI recently launched the G20 Transparency campaign to enable people around the world to take action on the problem of illicit financial flows. To sign the G20 transparency petition, which will be presented at the G20 meetings in June, go to www.G20Transparency.com or visit www.GFIP.org.
Re: Pdp Urges Jonathan To Probe Looting by Beaf: 3:49pm On Mar 29, 2010
MsTom:

Yes he can if he is ready to face the music too!

Do you think he isn't ready? Afterall, it was his own party, the PDP that was at the forefront of making him look like Turai's houseboy. Is the cabal not PDP?

@topic
There is something deeper in this call, but trust some of the lightweights here to call that this be moved to the joke section. If you don't understand the power and influence of the diaspora wings of our political parties, then some re-education is in order.

Mark my words, PDP will either be totally re-organised by Jonathan or he will cause its controlled implosion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quotes From And On Buhari / Do We Really Have A Democracy In Nigeria Compared To Other Countries? / Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.