Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,193 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim (52722 Views)

Augustine Omini Oboni: Nigerian Man Turns Teen Into Sex Slave In South Africa / Gang Kept 14-Year-Old Girl As Sex Slave In Bauchi, Arrested By Police / 14-Year-Old Housemaid Turned Into Sex Slave In Delta, Rescued. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Godsonkemz(m): 9:26am On Dec 04, 2017
May God bless TB Joshua. I don't care if he's serving a real God or fake one. He has been very helpful to the needy and the poor when his counterparts are busy building empires with the proceed from congregation's tithe. He has always reach out to the poor unlike those yahoo pastors who established expensive schools for the rich while the poor congregations gets poorer.

3 Likes

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by johnstar(m): 9:26am On Dec 04, 2017
Ok
Hope say una don hear word now??
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by BenzEne1(m): 9:26am On Dec 04, 2017
VocalWalls:

I don't advise it but you have no rights to judge a desperate man.

He has every right. Otherwise every criminal would claim desperation for crimes they commit.
No matter what he claims he was trying to get riches through illegality. People dey suffer but no be all of dem dey trek sahara.

Later someone would blame Libya and leave out the fact that these so called migrants have serious faults.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 04, 2017
Ijaya123:

Really?
Thank APC, their zombie economic recession has caused plenty ritual killing and Libyan slave migration.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by blaze1916(m): 9:28am On Dec 04, 2017
Na u knw watin u dey find upandan anyways Sorry and welcome bk
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Kingdolo(m): 9:28am On Dec 04, 2017
The hussle is real.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by juman(m): 9:28am On Dec 04, 2017
imhotep:
We continue to thank APC zombies for Libyan slavery grin

Abi.

APC destroyed nigeria more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by saydfact(m): 9:31am On Dec 04, 2017
happy for him, making it back home.... now go back to ur biz and make it big
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by BanevsJoker(m): 9:32am On Dec 04, 2017
Teacher1776:
There is a legal way of getting to Europe. Avoid short cuts. Short cuts lead to disasters such as this.
I've always wondered why the citizens of those Northern African countries haven't all relocated to Europe. I mean, think about it, if it was such a good idea, why haven't they all hit the sea? Nigerians are both the smartest and dumbest people on earth.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by hanassholesolo: 9:32am On Dec 04, 2017
Africans actually started slavery and sellling their brothers for mirrors and shekels. But we like to blame whites all the time.

3 Likes

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by whizpa(m): 9:32am On Dec 04, 2017
daewoorazer:
Martin L. K. would be disappointed wherever he is

I'd like to hear where you are going with this. Maybe you should educate us cos I don't see the connection.

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Lordave: 9:36am On Dec 04, 2017
He doesn't look like he went through all what he narrated.

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by AFONJAPIG(m): 9:36am On Dec 04, 2017
I won't be surprise if you see him back to Libya tomorrow Edo people and Italy are 5/6

3 Likes

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by BanevsJoker(m): 9:36am On Dec 04, 2017
cherr:
The money you saved up should have been used to expand your business. You paid to be a slave sad
Bob Marley said Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. He was first a slave in his mind, before he even left his hometown. Nigeria will never get better, I know, but every individual has a chance to better his own life right here. The search for greener pastures shouldn't lead you to Sodom and Gomorrah like Lot.

3 Likes

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by VIPERVENOM(m): 9:37am On Dec 04, 2017
imhotep:

Thank APC, their zombie economic recession has caused plenty ritual killing and Libyan slave migration.

3 Likes

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Amarabae(f): 9:37am On Dec 04, 2017
A useless country.
Tufiakwa.
A failed nation.
Giant of Africa indeed
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Amberon11: 9:38am On Dec 04, 2017
Good bless prophet Tb Joshua.

At least CNN interviewed and verified his story so let no fool come here and say he is a paid actor.

4 Likes

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by damola1: 9:39am On Dec 04, 2017
God bless tb
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by RaptorX: 9:39am On Dec 04, 2017
BanevsJoker:

I've always wondered why the citizens of those Northern African countries haven't all relocated to Europe. I mean, think about it, if it was such a good idea, why haven't the all hit the sea? Nigerians are both the smartest and dumbest people on earth.
Because they know that Europe is overhyped anyway and their economies is not as terrible as subsaharan African countries.

2 Likes

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by sircrabo: 9:39am On Dec 04, 2017
The grass on the other side is not as green as you think. If you must travel, process your documents legally and travel by air.

This thing about Edo youths migrating to Europe is so true. Every home must have at least one son or daughter in Europe. It's a thing of pride to them. Nigeria isn't fantastic but still better than living like an alien in another man's country.

When your paper expires and there's no job in view, that's what leads people into drugs, fraud, prostitution... funny enough, the money used in embarking on this trip is enough to start a business and grow with time.

7 Likes

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Mrnairalandd: 9:40am On Dec 04, 2017
VocalWalls:

I don't advise it but you have no rights to judge a desperate man.

They have every right to judge whoever they deem fit for judgement.

Just like the way you are free to scold them now for judging others.

People are free to judge anyone.

It’s freedom of speech.

It’s not your business to tell anyone not to judge

Desperate man deserves all the bad judgements he can get in this life before it’s too late

Desperation only get desperate people into trouble more often than not

Desperation usually land desperate people into more trouble

And finally, desperation has never saved anyone from poverty but dig people more into penury.

No matter how desperate you are, your destiny has been predestined and no amount of desperation ll change that.

3 Likes

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by hysteriabox(m): 9:40am On Dec 04, 2017
Makweembo:
The Edo State indigene, whose emotion-laden interview with CNN’s Nima Elbagir in a Libyan deportation camp, was viewed by millions worldwide, shared his life-experiences in T.B. Joshua’s church on Sunday.

The young barber explained that his father died when he was just 11, adding that he struggled to sponsor himself through school along with his five siblings.

“When I was cutting the hair of one of my customer’s, he advised me to go to Europe where he promised I could earn a lot of money,” Mr. Imasuen recounted.

“I asked the man how much it would cost me. He said N350,000 but I said I only had N140,000 with me,” he said. Mr. Imasuen had been determinedly saving N10,000 monthly for over one year.

The man promised to ‘help’, not knowing that Mr. Imasuen was naively about to use his own hard-earned cash to sell himself into slavery.
Travelling by road on a tortuous journey through Niger, the young Nigerian explained how one of the vehicles in his convoy had a “terrible accident” in the Sahara Desert, killing 30 people instantly.

“Upon arriving in Libya, the driver said he had not been paid his money and we were sold into the slave trade in Sabha.” Mr. Imasuen said he and ten other Nigerians were ‘sold’ and then “locked up in one small room.” More than 200 slaves were kept inside that inhumane cell.

“They started beating me to call my mother to send money. That was when my mother learned I was not in Nigeria – because I did not tell her before I left,” he admitted.

The ransom they demanded – N200,000 – was simply too much for Mr. Imasuen’s poverty-stricken mother to raise.

“For months, I did not hear from her. They kept on beating me everyday and I fell sick. If I went to the toilet, I was shitting blood.”
Mr. Imasuen said he was beaten three times daily for eight gruelling months. That was his fate as a male.

For the ladies sold into slavery, “they would send them out to do prostitution before selling them to another person; I know of a girl there who was sold three times.”

According to him, most of the enslaved females fell pregnant “without even knowing the father of the child.”
When a picture of Mr. Imasuen’s emaciated condition was circulated in his local community, they managed to come together to raise the money to secure his freedom in March 2017.

After gaining his freedom, he attempted to travel to Tripoli, hoping to join the thousands of illegal migrants who would brave the sea to try and reach Italy by boat.

“I didn’t even get to Tripoli before I was caught and taken to prison. I met more than 10,000 Nigerians there. We only eat once a day there – one piece of bread. I would drink salt water.”

While suffering the horrific prison conditions, Mr. Imasuen hatched a plan to reach the deportation camp. He slipped a note into the female section of the prison, pleading that any of the ladies who was being taken for deportation claim he was their husband.

The ruse worked and Mr. Imasuen was taken to Tripoli’s main deportation camp – one step closer to being repatriated to Nigeria. It was there he granted an interview to CNN, he said.

“I decided to speak to them, hoping to get help but at the end, nothing came out of it,” he bemoaned. Through the intervention of the International Organisation for Migration, IOM, Mr. Imasuen was finally deported to Nigeria – with nothing but the clothes on his back to show for his “journey through hell”.

“Upon getting to Nigeria, I decided to come to T.B. Joshua because even before I left, I heard of the help he renders to others. I need prayer.”
Osazee Aghimie, another deportee, equally shared his own sorrowful tale, explaining how over 100 migrants died in the boat he was in after it capsized en route to Italy. He narrowly survived only to be thrown into prison and eventually deported.

T.B. Joshua, who had just returned from the Dominican Republic, gave the two men each N200,000. Mr. Imasuen could not hold back tears as he received the gift.

Mr. Joshua’s support to the duo is not an isolated instance. This week alone, the cleric gave over N4.4 million to Nigerians returning from Libya, and well over N100 million ($277,000) has been provided to them by The SCOAN since 2016.

SOURCE: Premium Times - https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/251297-i-became-slave-libya-nigerian-victim.html

Mr "fake" preacher is helping people, imparting society... meanwhile authentic "Daddy GOs" and "papas" are buying private jets and opening more branches.

I WILL NEVER CALL THIS MAN FAKE AGAIN!

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Realdeals(m): 9:41am On Dec 04, 2017
Nigerians are Nigeria problem. Greed, insatiable desire is ruining us.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by teamsynergy: 9:41am On Dec 04, 2017
BanevsJoker:

I've always wondered why the citizens of those Northern African countries haven't all relocated to Europe. I mean, think about it, if it was such a good idea, why haven't the all hit the sea? Nigerians are both the smartest and dumbest people on earth.

they are Arabs, they mostly move around uae region

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:42am On Dec 04, 2017
The Standard of living is better in Southern Nigeria than the North, yet among the 2,380 deportees from Libya, none is from the North.

What's the problem?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by BanevsJoker(m): 9:42am On Dec 04, 2017
9jatatafo:
Edo and abroad
They need a reorientation in that state. Any Edo person who isn't in Italy believes he has failed in life.

4 Likes

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 04, 2017
[quote author=VIPERVENOM post=62964181][/quote]
Are you suffersticated ?

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by teamsynergy: 9:46am On Dec 04, 2017
BanevsJoker:

Bob Marley said Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. He was first a slave in his mind, before he even left his hometown. Nigeria will never get better, I know, but every individual has a chance to better his own life right here. The search for greener pastures shouldn't lead you to Sodom and Gomorrah like Lot.

if you think Nigeria will never get better, how do you think you are going to improve your life is such an unstable country....if nothing changes in naija, people will continue to seek greener pasture. thats for sure...

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by teamsynergy: 9:48am On Dec 04, 2017
post=62964304:
The Standard of living is better in Southern Nigeria than the North, yet among the 2,380 deportees from Libya, none is from the North.

What's the problem?

you clearly do not understand the reason behind this...
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by teamsynergy: 9:50am On Dec 04, 2017
Lordave:
He doesn't look like he went through all what he narrated.

y don't you go to libya and share your experience..... most Wont even watch he video, but r always eager to have a pov

2 Likes

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by byemx06(m): 9:51am On Dec 04, 2017
imhotep:
We continue to thank APC zombies for Libyan slavery grin
.see ur life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Having Sex With A Goat In Ondo Caught / Delta Polytechnic Student Killed By Her Cultist Lover / My Girlfriend Was Raped In Lagos By A Fat Elderly Man With A Pot Belly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.