Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim (52755 Views)

Augustine Omini Oboni: Nigerian Man Turns Teen Into Sex Slave In South Africa / Gang Kept 14-Year-Old Girl As Sex Slave In Bauchi, Arrested By Police / 14-Year-Old Housemaid Turned Into Sex Slave In Delta, Rescued. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 04, 2017
VocalWalls:

I don't advise it but you have no rights to judge a desperate man.

Sharrrap!
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by cybriz82(m): 11:11am On Dec 04, 2017
Amarabae:
A useless country.
Tufiakwa.
A failed nation.
Giant of Africa indeed

Lolz hope say na yankee u dey so?
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:13am On Dec 04, 2017
why Europe despite all harsh conditions to encounter... Edo people with penchant to reach Italy at all cost..we have these problems all this while and I think get rich quick syndrome that parents, peers and community imbibe in these youths is the reason its more and more these days..
I know of a neighbor who left for Spain in the early 90s by this same route..commonly called "across the sea,show me the way" he was successful and some years after,he came back home to pick his wife and son.. that was possible then,but post Gaddafi era, Libya is a war torn country and ruled by militants and guerillas... its high time govt secure our bothers, reorientate them of Edo extraction to look inwards and do something with there life here...
thanks...

For your air freight consultant, cargo tracking, freight forwarding, cargo procurement, customs paperwork, cargo packaging and cargo export..
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 04, 2017
teamsynergy:

people go thru dis means seek asylum and make it in Europe. ngolo kante of Chelsea is a good example. his parents migrated from Mali to seek greener pasture. same with Victor Moses..

if people don't make it tru this means, migrants would av stopped risking their lives decades ago.

and stop using all dis folks that made dia money thru political favoritism as an example for financial success
read through the post I mentioned, you will see why I used the folks. So o of over tens of millions that have made it to europe, you have just 2 successful stories. And it wasn't the parents that came successful, it was the offsprings. What a sound judgement! What political favoritism are you talking. Does it mean all successful business persons have political favors?... you need to have another thought on what path you should take to success.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Chidonc(m): 11:17am On Dec 04, 2017
majekdom2:
they got to where they are being being financially wise and hardworking. They didn't get there by travelling to europe. How many illegal immigrants have come back to say they became milionaire by travelling illegally to europe. E no dey work like that. This kind of path is not a true success gene. Successful people have smart goals, are wise and will never take an uncalculated risk. The libya journey is an uncalculated risk that leads to failure. 10K for a year is 120k, that can start some little business based on his level. Another barbing saloon shop. He can brand himself and gradually things fall into shape. I have heard stories of barbers that turned milionaires. Network with the right people, be focus and you will see your dream come to lime light not by travelling through the "red" sea to europe!
I agree with, searching for greener pastures is not the problem but the route taking
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 04, 2017
teamsynergy:

you clearly do not understand the reason behind this...

What is the reason, the North is poorer yet they don't disgrace us like this. A man that can save N10K in a month, if he was a Northerner he would never think of running instead he wipp buy land to farm, most Southerners are disgusting. FYI I am a southerner

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by toprealman: 11:19am On Dec 04, 2017
The 200K will be used to embark on another mission to Europe.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by bayfam(m): 11:20am On Dec 04, 2017
With all this inhumane treatment by the Libyan's, I believe they still hv embassy in Abuja, which ought to have been razed down and am I sure we don't have one in Libya as well? And what's the fellow doing in Libya if all this is happening to your country men? Or is it zombie ambassador and zombies consulate workers are there. Pls lets blame anyone for embarking on those journey to hell.. The world now is so cruel a place to some countries.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by nicerichard05: 11:22am On Dec 04, 2017
iambijo:
Greed ! Imaging this niggah can even save 10k monthly and from better living standard southern Nigeria, still embark on journey to cross tru a lawless country that's run by bandits,tribal warlords and wicked people, up till now i didn't come across any person from war ravaged borno,yobe or adamawa that's risking his life to europe, guy i don't feel ur pain i just feel sorry for you.

shut up bro. thats because dey dnt have the capital to embake on this kinda journey.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by AFONJAPIG(m): 11:26am On Dec 04, 2017
imhotep:

Yes.
He will run back to Libya in chains
no we need him in his full senses, so he won't have any excuse to give on his questionable characters... I will donate 1 carton of galla for his Libyan journey
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 04, 2017
IgboticGirl:
s
s for suckinggrin
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by LeonaJReid: 11:44am On Dec 04, 2017
take heart
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 04, 2017
AFONJAPIG:
no we need him in his full senses, so he won't have any excuse to give on his questionable characters... I will donate 1 carton of galla for his Libyan journey
I will donate 6 sachets of pure water for him to drink in the desert
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Inspire01: 1:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
I personally know this guy in Benin, he is my personal barber b4 he traveled out. I thank God 4 his life
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by teamsynergy: 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2017
Pidgin2:

What is the reason, the North is poorer yet they don't disgrace us like this. A man that can save N10K in a month, if he was a Northerner he would never think of running instead he wipp buy land to farm, most Southerners are disgusting. FYI I am a southerner

most Southerners are disgusting u don't deserve any response...
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by teamsynergy: 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2017
majekdom2:
read through the post I mentioned, you will see why I used the folks. So o of over tens of millions that have made it to europe, you have just 2 successful stories. And it wasn't the parents that came successful, it was the offsprings. What a sound judgement! What political favoritism are you talking. Does it mean all successful business persons have political favors?... you need to have another thought on what path you should take to success.
y is it easier for a common man to living and average and meaningful live than in naija... most successful western billionaire made it tru inventions and from very poor homes. in naija we all know how it goes political favoritism is what really matters... many businesses were crippled to pave way for dangote and others... do ur due diligence ...

mind u kante parents lived a better live than the live dey in Mali.. Mali is still a very poor nation.. akon too is another success story...
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 04, 2017
teamsynergy:

y is it easier for a common man to living and average and meaningful live than in naija... most successful western billionaire made it tru inventions and from very poor homes. in naija we all know how it goes political favoritism is what really matters... many businesses were crippled to pave way for dangote and others... do ur due diligence ...

mind u kante parents lived a better live than the live dey in Mali.. Mali is still a very poor nation.. akon too is another success story...
I am not against migration or relocation. Infact, many success stories comes from it. What I am against is illegal migration. I know a few men that are from poor homes and are running successful enterprises. Your background could be a hindrance but it is never a limitation. Hindrances can be removed, destroyed, or broken. It is left for you to build the zeal and motivation to do that. Have a positive mentality and you will see yourself at the top. Thank you!
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by omoelerin1: 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2017
VocalWalls:

You think 10k is money? How long will it take for him to live an average life, get married and fulfill his dreams if he can only get a 10k savings on a full time monthly hustle?
Pray make bad thing no do you. Some people are comfortable in penury, it's not a crime if others aren't.
your contribution makes sense. Perhaps he should go back to Libya. After all, it is not a crime if one is not comfortable in penury.
Those bandits in Libya know that.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by omoelerin1: 1:42pm On Dec 04, 2017
VocalWalls:

Who is judging him? His desperation has already judged him in Libya.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by omoelerin1: 1:50pm On Dec 04, 2017
Amarabae:
A useless country.
Tufiakwa.
A failed nation.
Giant of Africa indeed
What message is this one trying to pass across now?
Senseless people everywhere.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by grandstar(m): 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2017
VocalWalls:

You think 10k is money? How long will it take for him to live an average life, get married and fulfill his dreams if he can only get a 10k savings on a full time monthly hustle?
Pray make bad thing no do you. Some people are comfortable in penury, it's not a crime if others aren't.

10k is a lot of money. If he keeps at it for another 3 years, he could set up a barbing shop or some other business.

The problem with people like this is that they feel there is nothing in this country.

Those who even travel realise that the streets abroad ain't paved in gold. Many would have loved to come home permanently but shame wont let them. Many Nigerians live in the poor areas of town.

In America for instance, South Korean immigrants would work very hard and save even harder for about 6 years and using the money saved to open a neighbourhood supermarket in a blighted black neighbourhood.

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by omoelerin1: 2:06pm On Dec 04, 2017
BanevsJoker:

They need a reorientation in that state. Any Edo person who isn't in Italy believes he has failed in life.
Edo govt has a lot to do.
There must be efficient public enlightenment and orientation, accompanied with setting up of anti-illegal migration taskforce.
Even if there must be a need to create a special ministry or agency in that regard, I think it worth it.

However, good governance that will ensure social economic development, employment opportunity and poverty eradication among the citizens is the ultimate solution.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by omoelerin1: 2:25pm On Dec 04, 2017
BanevsJoker:

I don't think it will never get better, I know it will never get better. You can't repeat the same process and expect a different result. If you mix an acid with a base a hundred times, you will get salt and water a hundred times. Sorry I had to resort to basic chemistry to make my point. And don't say a revolution will fix it, there will be no revolution.
Can you now see the difference between Nigeria and Libya? yeye.

Nigeria is bad. Accepted. But Nigeria is fair better than the rest of African States. That is the true.
Insecurity, corruption, political instability, injustice, poverty, unemployment and economic backwardness are the common characteristics of every developing country in which Nigeria is no exception.

Those of us that refuse to let tribal bigotry block our sense of reasoning know we will get there. It is just a matter if time. Only the pessimists think otherwise.

You are free to relocate to Sahara desert.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Rebelutionary: 2:27pm On Dec 04, 2017
VocalWalls:

So since in ur skewed logic we "shouldn't judge a desperate man"-whatever that means, what should we do then, throw him a welcome party as per prodigal son abi? Lolz

Mr, since u won't advise on such, it's obvious that you JUDGED that it doesn't appeal to common sense!
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by omoelerin1: 2:28pm On Dec 04, 2017
teamsynergy:

so would you rather stay in a country that keeps getting worse everyday, or seek a greener pasture elsewhere?
Nonsense.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by omoelerin1: 2:32pm On Dec 04, 2017
Akoja360:
imagine a failed country like libya having the gutts to sell other africans into slavery.
Libya selling people in to slavery? Read the article once again.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by omoelerin1: 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2017
teamsynergy:

abject poverty is one of the reason people migrate. even the UN recognise that.
Okeyyyy.
He should have explained this to them in Libya now.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by omoelerin1: 2:44pm On Dec 04, 2017
phineas:
You all need to watch his interview on CNN,its on you tube,

I'm sure he thought CNN will arrange for him to turn up on the shores of Europe, whats with Edo pple and landing in Europe, why is worth risking their lives for. When asked his greatest regret he said "not making it to Europe, all my friends are there making it, me too I would have made it"

How do you begin to explain that.No degree, no money,no plan other than land on the shores of Europe.... and they make their own home state hostile to investors and businesses, but they all want to go to Europe how do you explain that?

The only rational thing I've come up with is this is an inferiority complex thing. They validate themselves with been Europe Returnees, like it makes them cool or something.

That said,with 70% of the returnees from Edo this is clearly an Edo problem,its time to start looking at people in Italy with no degree with one eye
Truth is bitter. I have been expecting many likes for this comment.
It is obvious that anyone that says the truth doesn't have a friend.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 04, 2017
May God bless TB Joshua for helping the needy
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by omoelerin1: 2:51pm On Dec 04, 2017
nicerichard05:

shut up bro. thats because dey dnt have the capital to embake on this kinda journey.
You that have the capital, why don't you pass through legal way?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Having Sex With A Goat In Ondo Caught / Armed Robbers Storm First Bank In Ekiti, Police Officer Killed. Graphic Photos / Man Falsely Accused Of Rape Shares Their Chat Where She Confessed (screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.