Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,656 members, 7,955,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:55 AM

How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim (53122 Views)

Augustine Omini Oboni: Nigerian Man Turns Teen Into Sex Slave In South Africa / Gang Kept 14-Year-Old Girl As Sex Slave In Bauchi, Arrested By Police / 14-Year-Old Housemaid Turned Into Sex Slave In Delta, Rescued. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by BanevsJoker(m): 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2017
omoelerin1:
Edo govt has a lot to do.
There must be efficient public enlightenment and orientation, accompanied with setting up of anti-illegal migration taskforce.
Even if there must be a need to create a special ministry or agency in that regard, I think it worth it.

However, good governance that will ensure social economic development, employment opportunity and poverty eradication among the citizens is the ultimate solution.
This is all wishful thinking. None of what you proposed is going to happen. Your government is more concerned with how to borrow billions of dollars to fund 2019 campaign. I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by teamsynergy: 3:56pm On Dec 04, 2017
majekdom2:
I am not against migration or relocation. Infact, many success stories comes from it. What I am against is illegal migration. I know a few men that are from poor homes and are running successful enterprises. Your background could be a hindrance but it is never a limitation. Hindrances can be removed, destroyed, or broken. It is left for you to build the zeal and motivation to do that. Have a positive mentality and you will see yourself at the top. Thank you!

people use the means that are available to them to better their lives... it's only natural to follow means u know have worked for other... illegal immigrants risk their lives to enter the US in the bid to seek greener pasture and it works for them.... some people may be greedy ..but a lot of business crashed in this country cos of bad govt policy... that's y I don't really blame this folks
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by RighteousI: 4:24pm On Dec 04, 2017
no one should pity this guy, he's a greedy fool. he was not contented with his 300 naira per haircut job, he wanted to drive a range Rover that's why he chose to to Europe. even in the cnn interview, he started crying when he was talking about returning to Nigeria empty handed which shows that he was more saddened by returning to Nigeria empty handed than being enslaved in Libya. even after his family raised the 200, 000 naira for his release, he could have returned to Nigeria but he chose to push further until he was detained again. only if the fool knows how many unemployed youths will give anything to become a barber he won't have left his job.
even if they get to Europe, where are they going to? do you have family there? how will you get a house and a job without documentation? European countries are now suffering from high unemployment plus they will not give a job to an undocumented immigrant, instead they will phone the immigration to arrest you. even if they end up in Europe, they can easily be arrested by the police or immigration on the streets and sent back.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by holuwapopsh(m): 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2017
i have noting to say is it only T B dat is a pastor wat of d so called Big men of God cnt dey look into dis matter and help d deportees
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2017
I don't get this stories and pity. .you manage scale through to the deportation camp only for you again to still attempt to cross the mediteerian sea through Tripoli to Italy before you were caught....you have not learnt your lesson, cos if you have all the beating n sufferings you went through would have made you return home fast fast. . .well i even doubt if you see another way, you will not attempt it....my advice is be content with what you have for now....imagine you work, still eat n manage to save N10k monthly ffrom your barber shop. ..well na wetin you find go libya you come see at the end....
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by omoelerin1: 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2017
BanevsJoker:

This is all wishful thinking. None of what you proposed is going to happen. Your government is more concerned with how to borrow billions of dollars to fund 2019 campaign. I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist.
Any little thing, Nigerians would be looking at the direction of federal Govt.
I directed my advice to Edo State government.
There won't be election in Edo State come 2019.
Try to lend the government your advice at least once, everything shouldn't be politics nah.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nigeriadondie: 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2017
Pidgin2:

What is the reason, the North is poorer yet they don't disgrace us like this. A man that can save N10K in a month, if he was a Northerner he would never think of running instead he wipp buy land to farm, most Southerners are disgusting. FYI I am a southerner
If u re a southerner and southerners are disgusting then u ve just described who u re.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nigeriadondie: 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2017
omoelerin1:
Any little thing, Nigerians would be looking at the direction of federal Govt.
I directed my advice to Edo State government.
There won't be election in Edo State come 2019.
Try to lend the government your advice at least once, everything shouldn't be politics nah.
The issue is that is the govt willing to accept d advice?
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nigeriadondie: 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2017
holuwapopsh:
i have noting to say is it only T B dat is a pastor wat of d so called Big men of God cnt dey look into dis matter and help d deportees
Adeboye and Oyedepo want more tithes.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by holuwapopsh(m): 4:40pm On Dec 04, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
Adeboye and Oyedepo want more tithes.
Nigeriadondie brother ALL THE BEST FOR THEM
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2017
VocalWalls:

You think 10k is money? How long will it take for him to live an average life, get married and fulfill his dreams if he can only get a 10k savings on a full time monthly hustle?
Pray make bad thing no do you. Some people are comfortable in penury, it's not a crime if others aren't.
haba!! are you now saying there are no people living with 10k monthly income who ain't happy?
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by romeorailss: 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2017
I don't dig this for one simple reason

This guy went tru hell, survived and got back to Nigeria but still went back. I no pity this one at all o angry
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Kbs468(m): 5:11pm On Dec 04, 2017
Makweembo:
The Edo State indigene, whose emotion-laden interview with CNN’s Nima Elbagir in a Libyan deportation camp, was viewed by millions worldwide, shared his life-experiences in T.B. Joshua’s church on Sunday.

The young barber explained that his father died when he was just 11, adding that he struggled to sponsor himself through school along with his five siblings.

“When I was cutting the hair of one of my customer’s, he advised me to go to Europe where he promised I could earn a lot of money,” Mr. Imasuen recounted.

“I asked the man how much it would cost me. He said N350,000 but I said I only had N140,000 with me,” he said. Mr. Imasuen had been determinedly saving N10,000 monthly for over one year.

The man promised to ‘help’, not knowing that Mr. Imasuen was naively about to use his own hard-earned cash to sell himself into slavery.
Travelling by road on a tortuous journey through Niger, the young Nigerian explained how one of the vehicles in his convoy had a “terrible accident” in the Sahara Desert, killing 30 people instantly.

“Upon arriving in Libya, the driver said he had not been paid his money and we were sold into the slave trade in Sabha.” Mr. Imasuen said he and ten other Nigerians were ‘sold’ and then “locked up in one small room.” More than 200 slaves were kept inside that inhumane cell.

“They started beating me to call my mother to send money. That was when my mother learned I was not in Nigeria – because I did not tell her before I left,” he admitted.

The ransom they demanded – N200,000 – was simply too much for Mr. Imasuen’s poverty-stricken mother to raise.

“For months, I did not hear from her. They kept on beating me everyday and I fell sick. If I went to the toilet, I was shitting blood.”
Mr. Imasuen said he was beaten three times daily for eight gruelling months. That was his fate as a male.

For the ladies sold into slavery, “they would send them out to do prostitution before selling them to another person; I know of a girl there who was sold three times.”

According to him, most of the enslaved females fell pregnant “without even knowing the father of the child.”
When a picture of Mr. Imasuen’s emaciated condition was circulated in his local community, they managed to come together to raise the money to secure his freedom in March 2017.

SOURCE: Premium Times - https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/251297-i-became-slave-libya-nigerian-victim.html

This was why we posited through another social media platform as well that a mediating department for taking cases of Human Rights abuses and emergency cum critical humanitarian situations such as this up for immediate and prompt action by the Government be put in place in the National News units such as the NTA, CHANNELS, AIT, TVC, CNN, VOA, BBC, AL JAZEERA, etc.

And by doing so, The story of Mr Victory Imasuen wouldn't have ended as a mere Telecast by the CNN as an electronic News outfit definitely.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by rhames(m): 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2017
Suffer and poverty.
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by wizod(m): 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2017
IgboticGirl:
s
s for stupid you. Idiot
Re: How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim by Organs(m): 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2017
VocalWalls:

You think 10k is money? How long will it take for him to live an average life, get married and fulfill his dreams if he can only get a 10k savings on a full time monthly hustle?
Pray make bad thing no do you. Some people are comfortable in penury, it's not a crime if others aren't.

Nonsene talk. You can grow from 10K per Month savings. Its mentality like yours and the get rich quick syndrome that drove him into slavery and his life is changed forever. Value what you have and grow from it. Go and ask Dangote how long it took him or Bill gates etc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

18-Year-Old Missing Girl Beheaded In Delta State / Man Beats His Wife To Death On Christmas Day In Ogun State / Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.