Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,443 members, 7,839,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS (33228 Views)

How Cyber Criminals Clone ATM Cards, Fleece Bank Customers Of Savings / Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC / Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by oluwamitomisin: 4:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:
That lautech is not a university at all. They lead the way in prostitution and 419. To cap it up, they have a very slow calendar and can go on strike at anytime. If you have any child, ward or sibling applying for that school please tell him not to because their students are always very dull too. They don't know anything.

U don't mean it.
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by bjay13: 4:17pm On Dec 04, 2017
post=62972905:
Lol.. Na lie.. let's not name it.. fraud na fraud and if fraud na fraud this means those in Aso rock are .......?
...Fraudsters

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by tbliss22(m): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2017
It's very obvious these DSS guys are still 10 years backward. They talk hacking as if its one big knowledge difficult to acquire. I remember then when a young Ibadan guy was busy generating MTN recharge card pins of about N500 denominations, meaning anybody can do any fraudulent shit and you know why?? because a lot needs to be properly secured.

Instead of them to sit down and devise strategy even if it will take sending their so called IT guru abroad for training to fully combat this trend, but they won't think of it now until a small yahoo boy hacks the CBN before they will start shouting his name.

For crying out loud, absorbing hacking knowledge via the internet is super easy. All what is needed is seriousness and hard work.

However, our government should step up their game if they truly want to fight cyber crime. If they like let them take caution, a word is enough for the wise.

Finally, those into cyber crime should desist from it because there are still so many legit online task that fetches good returns. Irrespective of how it's being called, STEALING remain the act.

3 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by yhemster(m): 4:42pm On Dec 04, 2017
Which kind secret service be this one wey dey talk like a drunkard? . Awon ode. If DSS is really interested in solving cyber crime, they should infiltrated the school and employ the Lautech graduates as cyber security police. But the truth is all our security agencies are cashing out big-time on these Y-guys. They're not really interested in stopping the crime, they just want to catch thses guys and extort them.
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by Bimpe29: 4:47pm On Dec 04, 2017
So, what could have been the cause then?

Bolster:

That's a pathetic excuse to take to life of crimes. If there was incessant strikes what stops these students from gaining some vocational education? There are still few who are learning Barbing or Hair styling. Some are learning tailoring or fashion designing. I know of guy who's Level 500 civil engineering and during the strikes he was learning the interlocking and pavement vocation.

These cyber criminals are just greedy and lazy. They want to drive a Venza but can't wait to toil for years legally to acquire one.

FYI, I'm a son of the soil and I'm on ground in Ogbomoso. Strikes and school closure was never the reasons these guys joined Yahoo Yahoo.
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by FBIL: 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2017
Okoyeeboz:
Lautech Students are far technologically ahead of our security agencies.

The problem is that the security agencies are not equipped with the right personnel and intelligence to nip crimes like this in the bud. Hence, their investigations are Kickstarted by petitions and not discoveries.

The security agencies are reactionary and not precautionary but I don't blame them.
Just look at you, ''technologically ahead....'', because they are displaying that laziness they're known for instead of telling us how they converted those refuse they generate in their front yards into electric power. Don't worry, we shall surely go regional and let me see how you can survive if criminality is defined as ''technologically advanced.....'' in South West, with some foolish people as usual, liking your balderdash.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by Davidlollipop(m): 4:52pm On Dec 04, 2017
6are:

Turn Your Website Into a thriving Supermarket. Get A Premium E-commerce Website ….
For … N69,999 (Guaranteed that You Cant Get This Value Anywhere ELSE!)

If your business is not online in 2017, you would be swimming against the current.

With increasing need to tap from online opportunities, every businessman or woman is looking to have an online store where he or sell can sell their range of products and services.

According to PayPal, "Nigeria is the 3rd highest mobile shopper worldwide - only after China & India!"

That's massively huge because "Nigerian online shoppers have realized the world is their shopping mall and shop wherever and whenever using their mobile devices because they are generally sophisticated mobile users and this sophistication is aiding small businesses".

That is why your E-commerce Website development can’t afford to be handled by 'Web-Quacks’

Get your multi-vendor ecommerce website at an affordable price
Contact me below #mysignature
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by FBIL: 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2017
Walahi fa..! Zat school should be renamed ''Obafemi Awolowo University of Technology (OAUTECH) to conpam what my pather in Kano told me, zat Obafemi Awolowo do inyamiri pinancial 419 apter Biapran war. So, zat school na so so academic dangwurugwu full their fa. Walahi, I go tell Daura make hi send hin boys go OAUTECH LAUTECH go do them shege like this.

Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 04, 2017
Phemoo10:

Slow poke... Tell us the name of your school, that's if you even attend any!
LAUTECH products are always performing in the labour market. The fact that some students are fraudsters doesn't imply all are bad. LAUTECH was best State University back to back for many years. The main issue is the dual ownership of Oyo/Osun states and the lackaidastical attitude of the governors towards the school.
I am a proud product of LAUTECH and I am doing well...

Buh seriously, what is best state university? They are all poo.
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 04, 2017
Iamyussuf:
ko ni ye o..what is the name of ur school olori buru ku omo?

Egbon you dey vex o. That's how most of them come online to give unreal statistics to make their claims.
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2017
Bimpe29:
That's what incessant strike is availing the students over there in LAUTECH. When the guys and ladies alike becomes idle academically, computer based devils occupy their lives and become versatile in cyber crimes in addition to other vices.
LAUTECH has been bastardized for learning purposes.

Bros, those guys have been at the top of their game at all time. It didn't start yesterday.
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by Yesbody: 5:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
I grad from Lautech in 2004 and I no say yahoo yahoo don dey happen since den, come see small small boy wey dey use big big exotic cars
There lecturered self no fit use such cars even the vc
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
babajeje123:

You are very correct. I graduated from the department and I know what I went through because of programming

But cyber crime isn't in any way related to programming. Most of the best programmers we have in Nigeria didn't study computer science in school. Andela and Co creation hub house quite a lot of them.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2017
Michael004:
What is the name of your school. We have millions of them working in different companies in all part of the world. He said they are full but they are smarter than the white. Tell me how a dull person can scam someone. Let reason well before typing.

Bros chill. Lautech may not have even produced up to a million graduates since inception. Don't be stupid enough to believe they are smarter than the white in any way, they are simply relying more on voodoo and African science to perform those wonders you read in the news daily. That explains why you see pictures of corpses of innocent female residents littered all over with their genital organ scrapped away along side other vital parts.

It is called Yahoo+ for a reason, find out.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by Dwanar: 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2017
afofun gbemu,abunu,oponu ayirada.your last statement showed your stupidity.dont get me wrong,we could have assumed u had sense until you did that.
NwaChibuzor13:
That lautech is not a university at all. They lead the way in prostitution and 419. To cap it up, they have a very slow calendar and can go on strike at anytime. If you have any child, ward or sibling applying for that school please tell him not to because their students are always very dull too. They don't know anything.
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by zicoraads: 5:38pm On Dec 04, 2017
Blackhawk01:
No be news na, stale gist. embarassed lipsrsealed
embarassed shocked shocked embarassed
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by Michael004: 6:24pm On Dec 04, 2017
writerights:

Bros chill. Lautech may not have even produced up to a million graduates since inception. Don't be stupid enough to believe they are smarter than the white in any way, they are simply relying more on voodoo and African science to perform those wonders you read in the news daily. That explains why you see pictures of corpses of innocent female residents littered all over with their genital organ scrapped away along side other vital parts.

It is called Yahoo+ for a reason, find out.
You can't know them more than I do. That is for sure. I know juju is part of it. But forget, those guys are smart. Tell me which dull person will use juju with brain. Juju is just to make them stay and not to catch them. Many 9f them are walking in different companies in Nigeria and over the world get that.
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by odtahi12(m): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:
U just saying dis from ur own perspective,which u attend self?
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by tataiwo09(m): 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2017
baba, which one is legit?..please help a soul.....we can chat...zero seven zero 6850 9077
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by yemzyray01(m): 7:07pm On Dec 04, 2017
Let me drop one andela's komolafe tolulope finished from lautech...also late Samson abioye from dept of computer science and engineering

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by Hedonistically: 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2017
Phemoo10:

LAUTECH products are always performing in the labour market. The fact that some students are fraudsters doesn't imply all are bad. LAUTECH was best State University back to back for many years. The main issue is the dual ownership of Oyo/Osun states and the lackaidastical attitude of the governors towards the school.

Lol. It hurts to have your school denigrated, but it is even beyond that.

This so called DSS 'finding' is complete nonsense. LAUTECH is only a very small demographic representation of the broader population of Internet fraudsters in Nigeria. Even if every single student in LAUTECH, plus their nuclear family members at home, were to be a scammer, the school wouldn't still be the "highest concentration" of Internet scammers of Nigerians in Nigeria or abroad.

It just shows you how daft our security agencies and many of us Nigerians are. Very very daft report. Highest concentration indeed. The number of Nigerians doing yahoo yahoo in Ghana alone are far more than the whole of LAUTECH multiplied by 3.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by yining(m): 7:31pm On Dec 04, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:
U b mumu n fool for saying such. A product of dat university n nw proudly medical doctor for d glory of God

Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by laytoshtwo: 7:35pm On Dec 04, 2017
If Lautech is No 1 in cyber crime, where will OSU be?
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by laytoshtwo: 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2017
[quote author=NwaChibuzor13 post=62970284] That lautech is not a university at all. They lead the way in prostitution and 419. To cap it up, they have a very slow calendar and can go on strike at anytime. If you have any child, ward or sibling applying for that school please tell him not to because their students are always very dull too. They don't know anything. [/quote

If you graduate from your school with a 2-2 in Lautech it is pass, that is if you are a graduate
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by Josco24685(m): 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:
. only a fool like you will accept. WE LADOKITES, WE ARE BETTER BY FAR, SECOND TO NONE.
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by Cajal(m): 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2017
Yes oooo......they ride the best 4 wheels...in Ogbomoso and it's
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by popizaino(m): 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2017
Phemoo10:

u dey mind the bigoted tribalist?am a living witness of how the national agricultural seed councils were specifically looking for agronomist from lautech during my service year and some construction companies looking for civil engineering graduates from the same school.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by olagbemi118(m): 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:
mumu
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by tunamenga(m): 8:48pm On Dec 04, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:
bros where you keep brain? Putting Lautech on these is just an inductive reasoning, other schools are guilty of it as well. I'm a product of Lautech doing good in my area of specialization and not an internet fraudster.
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by animalscientist(m): 9:05pm On Dec 04, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:
I don't blame you Mr man, u only listen to what u see online....I guess maybe u are illiterate which know nothing about academics, even though Lautech is affected by strike, Lautech is still the second best state university in Nigeria as at today.
Re: LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS by baddosky1: 9:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
NwaChibuzor13:

I am very sure that people like python1, oodualover, henryyy and most of the cyber warriors from sw are products of lautech

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Attempted Murder: Police Officer, Aiwansoba Dismissed And Prosecuted / Gunmen Attack Police Station In Anambra, Kill Two Inspectors, Free Detainees / People Killed By NSCDC Officer In Gombe During Boy’s Brigade Standoff (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.