Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? (24950 Views)

About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Time To Divorce My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by Gentle034(m): 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2017
Daeylar:
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Please FP
Daeylar
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by akaahs(m): 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2017
Chrisrare:
U didn't tell us what ur mum did dat is making ur dad treat her like u described. U sure your mum treats ur dad with respect and isn't the nagging type??
Pls always take ur time and read before commenting. He stated it clearly
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by ladensmith(m): 7:58pm On Dec 04, 2017
Moyinoluwa35:
Ur. Fathers is a mad man
lol....na person father be that ooh
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by psalmistkakah(m): 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2017
Chrisrare:
U didn't tell us what ur mum did dat is making ur dad treat her like u described. U sure your mum treats ur dad with respect and isn't the nagging type??
Read all ova again, pls
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by dominique(f): 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2017
Yes you can tell your mum to divorce your dad, but she won't. Why? She has totally lost herself in the marriage. What does she have going for her other than being a pastor's wife and a mother of ten kids? The older ones amongst you should stand up for your mum against your father. No amount of fasting or praying will change him, he will continue till he's too old to beat her up or either of them passes. So if you want your mum to have peace of mind, you fight for her.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by zynzyn(m): 8:06pm On Dec 04, 2017
Don't believe in Divorce BUT i believe SEPARATION is sometimes NECESSARY!!
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by BJ0SE(m): 8:06pm On Dec 04, 2017
Talk to your Dad on your concerns but on no account should you encourage your mum to divorce ur dad, let her make the decision by herself.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by yemkz: 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
And u will marry ur mummy?
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by anigbajumo(m): 8:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
Djboosting:

Gbam! you said a key point.

Problem is; this issue has been polluting the minds of the children on what MARRIAGE truly is and what it should mean. And come few years, this same pattern might occur in the lives of your younger ones too, because all the father-figure in their lives is doing is treating his other half like some worthless hand.

But here's the kicker, by the time your dad gets old, then he'll realize there's nothing more important than family.

What I'd advice is for you to look for a side legit long-lasting business that could be fetching you #2 + #2 daily that you can use to lessen the burden on your mom.

She's in this marriage right now because of her children. Not because of the "die-together couple mindset", but because there's no other way out for you (children). She doesn't have a financial capacity to take care of you even if she decides to call it quits with your father.

So your mom is taking the bruises, not because of "love", but because she's seeing the bigger picture - THE WELL-BEING of her children.

It's time for you at this stage as the firstborn not to buy expensive accessories, but to save and struggle so you can help clean this bruises and sweat of her face really soon.

Because...there's no human god greater than what some mothers do for their children.

I respect your mom.

Lessen the load for your mom.

And I rest my case.

God bless you,@op read nd understand this contribution.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by Welcomme: 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2017
Tobium1:
Get a well paid job, build/rent a cool apartment and take your mum away from him, divorce still is not de best option
Get a well paid job? At where? Have u forgotten you are in Nigeria? Even a low and lowest paid job sef is not easy to get.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by oruma19: 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2017
Clyod:

Is it your father?
Is it your pastor?
why you come carry the matter for head like this?
bros, he that comes to equity must come clean. We can't be fighting wrongdoing with wrongdoing. Much as I hate what useless pastors are doing now I don't supot telling lies to make the story look good. A man that has ten children from one woman must be above 60 or thereabout using average calculation, a sixty year old pastor with 10 children will be maltreating his wife and children that some are big enough to be on Nairaland. Haba, make we use our brain na. An average boy of 16 will beat up his father if he abuses the mother in their presence. Let alone 10 children. Them for don kill d papa sef if na true story. U cannot beat the mother of ur grown up children and go free. Ask any young boy, he will tell u what will happen to the father if he tries it. The story is cooked and a very big lie.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by anigbajumo(m): 8:19pm On Dec 04, 2017
Hector09:
If ur dad is physically abusing ur mum, u guys should fight for ur mum, i remember when we caught someone with my dad in my mums matrimony bed, thou my mum was nt around them, that night eh we beat my dad nd d woman, he begs never to do it again, he swear that night lol, it was a night to remember

You bear ur dad??That is abomination here in Yoruba Land nd is even against religious line
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by dominique(f): 8:19pm On Dec 04, 2017
Chrisrare:

Sharrap! Must you blame the victim? It's not every person that find themselves with an abusive partner that is at fault. Some people are born bullies, they derive pleasure in intimidating and subduing others. That's the type of person Op's dad is. Even his grown up kids are afraid to confront him, that ought to tell you that man is an evil bully. It's your likes that will justify a man battering a woman to the point of death- it has to be her fault somehow. But when a man got stabbed by his psycho wife, you'll be screaming women are evil. FYI, evil knows no gender, in this particular case, the evil one is the man. Deal with it!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by Icon79(m): 8:22pm On Dec 04, 2017
The best response so far! Brain and beauty!!

O pari

Elis49:
I don't even know what to comment.. Family issues are always complicated.. I pray you find a solution to it. #safe

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by londoner: 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2017
Hector09:
yes bro u are right, so times i wish to ask my mum to walk out of d marriage cus she is rich nd she can take care of herself, i never wish any of my two sisters to marry my dad type of man, he dont ve respect for my mum and for us, am nt upset that he is flirting outside bt he should show my mum d respect that she deserves

I'm a woman actually. It does not help that society encourages the situation where a woman is in fact risking her life simply by staying in her own home. She is probably also trying to protect his reputation but at the same time paying with her emotional and physical peace. That's what abused people do.

Have you spoken to your mum, I mean all of your siblings if you are all of the same mind that she should leave or at least separate. Does she know that she is not letting you down by leaving?

Your dad' s core belief may just be that no matter what she is 'just' a woman and below him so the are truth may be that he is INCAPABLE of respecting her.

How many of our aunties, mother's, sisters or daughters have this same tale to tell? How many have to be scared, destroyed or killed before it becomes unacceptable?

African society just has to do better.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by anigbajumo(m): 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2017
Lomprico2:
Sheepiesfamily! undecided

You and ur brothers should arrange and beat sense into ur father! He will re-align! What nonesense! angry

Second comment nd seeing here to beat his father. Morally, culturally even religiously is very wrong no matter wat.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by pweetiedee(m): 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2017
emusmithy:
I almost shed a tear while reading this cry

He didn't marry the woman he loved. He married wrongly. Now, the passion is no more.

The same reason this institution called Marriage demands all of my care and time. I can't marry a woman I can't discuss my PASSIONS and GOALS with o. I love beauty and a nice body but my PURPOSE comes first. We must possess some "mental resemblance".

DIVORCE is a NO NO. It's too late. Just keep praying and enduring.

What do you mean by Divorce is a no no? what is too late?

Don't you read the news? Don't you know how many stories about wife killing husband and husband killing wife?

Divorce is not too late. I just pity ops mum. I hope the man doesn't end up killing her.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by londoner: 8:27pm On Dec 04, 2017
anigbajumo:

Second comment nd seeing here to beat his father. Morally, culturally even religiously is very wrong no matter wat.

Let someone come and start beating my mum, I will beat them with all my might. In that situation culture and religion can f*ck off. They are the CAUSE of it in the first place.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by mastermaestro(m): 8:27pm On Dec 04, 2017
Gracious10:
OMG!! At first, i thought it was one of my siblings writing this. The only difference is the number of children and i cant even deal.

Some of us have accepted our fate, but my faith wont be shaken. These issues are at the place of prayer most importantly that God should protect and spare my mums life.

I have no other advice, its same thing here.

May the LORD give you strength to pull through in JESUS' name. embarassed

Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by Icon79(m): 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2017
Thank you, my dear. I laugh each time I see naija people trying to put themselves in other people's marriage.

Only the TWO people involved (along with their God) know what's going on their marriage! Hence, it's best to keep yourself out of it. And if you must intervene, ensure that you hear BOTH sides of the story!!

O pari

alignacademy:

Did your dad tell you all this or are you just biased against the guy?

Your parents know themselves more than you can ever know, so be careful. You don't know enough to be a fair judge.

By the way, have you considered that some people can be very good at playing the victim?

Just saying...
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by anigbajumo(m): 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2017
londoner:

Let someone come and start beating my mum, I will beat them with all my might. Culture and religion can f*ck off. They are the CAUSE for it in the first place.

Bro,someone is different from ur father.You can't beat ur father coz of ur mum..Reason it again, it is very wrong...
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by mastermaestro(m): 8:31pm On Dec 04, 2017
alignacademy:

Did your dad tell you all this or are you just biased against the guy?

Your parents know themselves more than you can ever know, so be careful. You don't know enough to be a fair judge.

By the way, have you considered that some people can be very good at playing the victim?

Just saying...

Someone is recounting a firsthand ordeal, while you are here posing preposterous questions.

Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by Icon79(m): 8:31pm On Dec 04, 2017
My friend, marriage is complicated. You may thing you've got it all figured out but you've absolutely no idea.

O pari

Gracious10:
OMG!! At first, i thought it was one of my siblings writing this. The only difference is the number of children and i cant even deal.

Some of us have accepted our fate, but my faith wont be shaken. These issues are at the place of prayer most importantly that God should protect and spare my mums life.

I have no other advice, its same thing here.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by Elis49(f): 8:32pm On Dec 04, 2017
wink
Icon79:
The best response so far! Brain and beauty!!

O pari

Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by Icon79(m): 8:33pm On Dec 04, 2017
I like great minds wink

O pari

Elis49:
wink

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by Hector09(m): 8:35pm On Dec 04, 2017
anigbajumo:

You bear ur dad??That is abomination here in Yoruba Land nd is even against religious line
but if ur dad kill ur mum is it nt an abomination, cus i knew how many women that ve gone six fit cus of this singular act
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by benabbey(m): 8:43pm On Dec 04, 2017
Get a video record of any assault on your mom. And make a back up on the cloud storage.

Send the video to him and tell him all the world we see their Pastor battering his wife.

Also sit him down that if he ever bit your mom again you will defend her.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by ModsWillKillNL: 8:45pm On Dec 04, 2017
hollamanng:
I think we should stop letting religion deprive of us of our joy and start applying common sense in some cases. Don't do this don't do that . We are in a world that people now play theirselves, some parents prefer their daughter to Marry an ALCOHOLIC ,FORNICATING MATTHEW than a responsible IFAYEMI

Religion is the new racism

AFRICANS OPEN YOUR EYES

An ifayemi can never be responsible.

Many Matthews are fake!
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by cherriex(f): 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2017
Memories12411:
No husband with little or average income is happy around a woman who has no means of income. If your mother is not up and doing, I can assure you it is one of the reasons. Your mum should try and meet the standard that your father needs in a woman.You should as well do good by talking to your father to know the exact problem. I pray for God's peace in your home.

You are right and again the little I understand from this issue is a case scenario of a man marrying for love in the eighties,now more educated, more exposed and sophisticated, d problem is He upgraded alone and now in a modern world, with posh pastors and their eloquent wives all around, He's now ashamed of His wife,wishing she is as presentable, educated, and eloquent as the rest, Of course instead of upgrading or just continues to accept her the way she is, He resents her, and resentment leads to abuse, because clearly He needs more and she's in d way and as a pastor he can't easily replace her.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by juman(m): 8:48pm On Dec 04, 2017
0temSapien:

See what our mummy G.Os are suffering in the hands of our Daddy G.Os. undecided
That was how one daddy left his wife at home to Otobolize with a fresher blood outside. Hmm.

grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by hollamanng(m): 8:50pm On Dec 04, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

An ifayemi can never be responsible.

Many Matthews are fake!

Sir/ma
Lol I don't know what to say
I wish I can see you and talk one on one I will tell you things you don't know
Re: Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? by daddio(m): 8:51pm On Dec 04, 2017
Ayo4251:
Ftc for the 2nd time today!! cheesy grin

Back to the topic

It is not right no matter the circumstances

CONGRATULATIONS O.

INCASE NOBODY GAVE YOU ANY GIFT FOR THIS I HAVE SOME GIFTS FOR YOU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Single And Be Having Children Outside Wedlock / Sacked Banker’s Wife Gives Birth To Triplets In Kano - Punch / My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.