Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. (15052 Views)

LCC To Commence Tolling On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge On April 1st. / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Lekki Conservation Centre LCC: An Overview Of The Longest Canopy Walk In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. by LaudateII: 3:23pm On Dec 05, 2017
DisGuy:
if the readers are malfunctioning then they are not taking the business serious enough, they should also have a site where people can review the accounts and journeys

h/she is only asking for a refund/explanation- since November!
I wonder, o!! shocked Why is it so difficult to provide a cogent response to the person making the enquiry? Shouldn't there be an audit trail?

1 Like

Re: A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. by LaudateII: 3:28pm On Dec 05, 2017
Dee60:
I WILL ADVISE THAT YOU DONT JUMP INTO CONCLUSIONS AND PUT ALL THE DETAILS ON SOCIAL MEDIA! WHAT IF YOU WERE WRONG?

THIS HAS HAPPENNED TO ME BEFORE. ON GETTING TO THEIR OFFICE THEY CONFIRMED MY BALANCE WAS STILL INTACT.

THERE ARE TIMES THE READERS AT THE GATE GO MALFUNCTIONING.

THIS IS A BUSINESS. THOUGH I DO NOT HAVE ANY STAKES THERE, BUT I FEEL IT WHEN BUSINESSES ARE WRONGLY MALIGNED ON SOCIAL MEDIA.

YOU MAY BE RIGHT AND YOU COULD BE WRONG. PLEASE WAIT TILL THEY RESPOND BEFORE PASSING A JUDGEMENT.

Guy, did you pause to actually read the story before jumping in to respond? The lady said she has been going back & forth with them on this issue since November, almost 3 weeks ago. And till now, nothing has been done! Why would a serious business organisation ignore such an enquiry by failing to resolve it for almost a month?? shocked
Re: A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. by Suyaman2015: 3:30pm On Dec 05, 2017
So because of this thread I passed the toll again. Since I added 10k on my card. They had already removed 200 naira. They will claim that’s negative Balance from past etc right? Ok fine. 9800 is my Balance. I passed last night. I passed this morning. When I passed this morning it was saying 9468. So just now I drove through and it said 9168. When I passed the second time it gave me the same reading. I’m going to continue posting as I Investigate what’s going on.

3 Likes

Re: A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. by sulaimon22: 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
free2ryhme:

And somebody we say youths are the future leaders of tmw

See why youths can never be taking serious in this country

how does the post or d comment relates to been the future leader of tomorrow, if u dnt av anytin good to say jst shut d Bleep up
Re: A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. by bouncino(m): 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2017
luveth:

Sorry bro/ma, you saying deduction is not based on passage is totally wrong. If you are an active e-tag user, you will know quite ok that transactions on the express lanes as well as the e-tag dedicated lanes are strictly by passage, there is a provision of PFDs on each lanes showing your current balance at every point in time you make passage.
A detailed check on the said user's account will reveal to the whole world that she probably had a negative balance in which the one thousand naira she topped up with was used to clear her debts.
I have had several of this experience with them and in all the cases, the explanations fall short of expectation. If and when your credit runs out, you are denied access. So there is no basis for negative balance. Or are you saying they granted passage for accounts without balance. If that is the case, they are running a flawed system.
In one of the cases, I discontinued the use and paid cash for about a week period and then personally asked them what my balance was for that period which they confirmed to be zero. This was done by email.
When I eventually loaded it, they wiped N400 the same day. I confronted them and they claimed their system failed to capture some of my previous passages.
Total bull.
This cannot just be incompetency or inefficiency but fraud.

5 Likes

Re: A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. by dingbang(m): 5:47pm On Dec 05, 2017
After several Months, here is what the Lekki Concession Company had to reply her...of course, it would always be one cooked up story or another...

Pictures below..

Re: A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. by olujaidi: 5:56pm On Dec 05, 2017
Suyaman2015:
So because of this thread I passed the toll again. Since I added 10k on my card. They had already removed 200 naira. They will claim that’s negative Balance from past etc right? Ok fine. 9800 is my Balance. I passed last night. I passed this morning. When I passed this morning it was saying 9468. So just now I drove through and it said 9168. When I passed the second time it gave me the same reading. I’m going to continue posting as I Investigate what’s going on.

Can you request for your statement to confirm your passage?
Re: A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. by dingbang(m): 6:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
The Customer in Question is in good standing in the society and not desperate. We need things to be done right in Nigeria. How can passages not be in real time for an infinite period of time. Very crazy I must say
Re: A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. by Ayodejioak(m): 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2017
playcharles:

Admin this people have nothing to say.. kindly delete

Ogbeni- mind ur business na. Why e dey do u to put Sam Sam for person garri today na?
Re: A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. by bedspread: 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2017
sulaimon22:
undecided undecidedWho bdis guy above me lalas Python fall on u
grin grin grin

Re: A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. by ewebiodun: 9:05pm On Dec 05, 2017
luveth:

Sorry bro/ma, you saying deduction is not based on passage is totally wrong. If you are an active e-tag user, you will know quite ok that transactions on the express lanes as well as the e-tag dedicated lanes are strictly by passage, there is a provision of PFDs on each lanes showing your current balance at every point in time you make passage.
A detailed check on the said user's account will reveal to the whole world that she probably had a negative balance in which the one thousand naira she topped up with was used to clear her debts.
I used to be an active e tag user, and I stand to be corrected on my point that the toll isn't deducted per passage, if I have 1k for instance in my account ,when I pass I should be charged N80 and my balance should immediately show N920, however the toll doesn't reflect my charge immediately, I could pass about 5 times and it still reflects my 1k bal.
I may then pass shortly after and they tell me I have no toll credit.How am I to keep tabs on my toll credit or I should always have a pen and paper to mark down every time I pass.
Its easily compromisable and anyone could be right to point accusing fingers at LCC.

3 Likes

Re: A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. by uwemjack(m): 10:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
Suyaman2015:
I was just about to go to their office myself! I put 10k on the card on November 10th. I traveled for one week and didn’t go out another 5 days or so. I usually only pass two ways a day. On Thursday before the holiday I had Balance of 1600. I didn’t go to lekki a single time during holiday or weekend. On Monday it was gone!!! I loaded another 10k. Without passing even once 200 is already missing. Last night when I passed the Balance was 9800. Today the first time I passed it was 9400!

I have written for explanation but they don’t seem to have any system where you can track or verify the debits. They can only show you when you paid in but no other way to verify. This opens the door for serious scamming and fraud!

This needs to be urgently looked into! There has to be a way to verify if what you are being charged is accurate!

You can request for a statement of account which will be sent to you via mail.
In my case I traveled out of Lagos for 3 days with my car when I came back to town the balance on my account was low! Going through the statement I realized that for those days I was out of Lagos with my car they deducted for to and from. There was just not time for me to follow through though, but I will eventually.
Re: A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. by LaudateII: 11:14pm On Dec 05, 2017
uwemjack:
You can request for a statement of account which will be sent to you via mail.
In my case I traveled out of Lagos for 3 days with my car when I came back to town the balance on my account was low! Going through the statement I realized that for those days I was out of Lagos with my car they deducted for to and from. There was just not time for me to follow through though, but I will eventually.
You did not pass through the toll gates for those 3 days you were out of town, and they still debited your e-tag for trips you did not make during that period? This is nothing more than daylight robbery, o! shocked

1 Like

Re: A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. by jeyselassie(m): 4:38am On Dec 06, 2017
Ehen let me even say the one that is paining me about this toll gate. This has happened to me twice. On getting to the end of the tollgate queue the I discovered that the exact toll fare queue was the one I happened to be on after I tried my best to avoid it. I was so annoyed that I had to come down to check how I didn't see it and discovered the whole area where the sign was written was dim and poorly lit. And that was how the lady attending to me started insulting me oo that I can't see it and I passed there later that night and nothing was done. I'm raising this issue because previously I had another circumstance where I was on a queue and on getting to the end of the queue we were diverted to the another queue as the X appeared on the queue we were on only for the attendant to tell me I was delaying that cnt I see it's the exact toll fare. She called the supervisor but all my explanation fell on deaf ears. Yall should have a human face once in a while and understand that we are not passing that place free of charge. We are paying money and the way your attendants talk too is rude.

2 Likes

Re: A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. by Helpfromabove1(m): 1:00pm On Feb 01, 2018
LaudateII:

What do you mean by "negative balance?" Usually, when there is no money on your e-tag, it doesn't work, and you cannot cross over. Are you saying LCC dashed her credit, to be able to use the toll gate even when she had no credit in her e-tag?

Yes NEGATIVE BALANCE , I have experience this on my LCC account not more than once , the first time I experienced it lasted for about a week ,my balance refuse to go down ,I keep seeing the same balance every day , I have to drive into there office to report ,then I was told they are aware of it and it as a result of a damage to the fibre optic cable and it will all be deducted later

But Nigerian will come to social media and tell the world edited story hoping to deceive ...... People.
The concluding part of the mail sent show's thier is more to the story

1 Like

Re: A Lagos Resident Decries the Injustice Of LCC Toll Gate Company At Lekki. by LaudateII: 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2018
Helpfromabove1:
Yes NEGATIVE BALANCE , I have experience this on my LCC account not more than once , the first time I experienced it lasted for about a week ,my balance refuse to go down ,I keep seeing the same balance every day , I have to drive into there office to report ,then I was told they are aware of it and it as a result of a damage to the fibre optic cable and it will all be deducted later

But Nigerian will come to social media and tell the world edited story hoping to deceive ...... People.
The concluding part of the mail sent show's thier is more to the story

There is nothing in your post to show there was a negative balance, on your account! LCC could not make deductions, so your balance remained the same! Is that what you are calling a negative balance? A negative balance! means you are the one owing them, and your account with them is in the red. Please educate yourself, and do not say what you do not know!! If you are actually owing them, would the barriers be lifted up for you to pass as you approach the toll-gate? NO!! angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

To Marry Or Not To Marry / 18 People Die As Canoe Capsizes In Bauchi / 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.