Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper (64047 Views)

Shatta Bandles: Ghanaian Dwarf Dances, Poses With Flashy Car, Flaunts Wristwatch / Ikorodu Bois Recreate Patoranking Stepping Out From Flashy Car, Dancing In Miami / Gucci Mane’s Wedding Cake Vs Nigerian Independence Cake! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by ewizard1: 10:43pm On Dec 05, 2017
BlueRayDick:
This one that offers protection to all known yahoo boys in Lagos. A look tru his instagram page will definitely convince you he is a criminal like the rest of them
Is this even allowed in the force?

2 Likes

Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by Lec25(m): 10:43pm On Dec 05, 2017
With this kind of people in sars, i support the scraping of sars.

2 Likes

Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 05, 2017
where are everybody
Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by Sleezwizz: 10:51pm On Dec 05, 2017
OboOlora:
Isn't this the same guy all the notorious yahoo boys in Lagos use against each other? They pay him money to arrest their counterparts and he collects money before they are released. His partner is one Gbenga, I have heard about them since their Ikeja days. fucking dirty punks that cant speak or write english correctly!

How u take know am? Shey o ti je ise e ri ni?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by OlujobaSamuel: 10:51pm On Dec 05, 2017
fratermathy:
I thought Jimoh Moshood, the PPRO, said all SARS officers are covet. Why is this one ousting himself as a SARS officer? He may have unwittingly made himself a target by this act of publicity, more especially as many Nigerians are looking for a face to put to the SARS menace that has plagued many innocent citizens.
covet is not same as covert, although he is crazy to use the word for sars as no one except their criminal partners covet them.

1 Like

Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by boss01: 10:54pm On Dec 05, 2017
Endsars don give him small pr
Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by Emanodimo(m): 10:55pm On Dec 05, 2017
OboOlora:
Isn't this the same guy all the notorious yahoo boys in Lagos use against each other? They pay him money to arrest their counterparts and he collects money before they are released. His partner is one Gbenga, I have heard about them since their Ikeja days. fucking dirty punks that cant speak or write english correctly!

Is like u are on point back then at Ikeja.... His name rings bells around yahoo Guys...

2 Likes

Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by dasrackhor(m): 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2017
Blissp99:
I see shocked shocked shocked
Is dis news
Wake me if dis makes FP,so I can fry Stone tongue tongue tongue
wake up....Come n fry yha stone...E Don reach FP
Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by djbussy(m): 11:05pm On Dec 05, 2017
This guy came to raid mable hotel hotel with his men.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by Tmercy(m): 11:05pm On Dec 05, 2017
OboOlora:
I don't think so cos he doesn't even own a car and stays in a mini self con wch isn't befitting
Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by djbussy(m): 11:05pm On Dec 05, 2017
This guy came to raid mable hotel ikotun lagos with his men.
Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by Shaev7(m): 11:19pm On Dec 05, 2017
Look at my country Nigeria. Sad.
Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 05, 2017
Kolababe:
Nigerians are crying out over police brutality meted out by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Nigerian Police Force.

And while the conversations about police reforms are ongoing, we take a look at a member of the force who is a cop by day, and a musician by night.

Yomi Sars, aka Gucci Mane Eko (Lagos Gucci Mane) is a 30 year-old singer and rapper who combines tackling crime with recording and releasing music. He’s a native of Lagos state, is popular in circles of the music industry.

He makes music from the streets and for the streets. A look through his growing discography sees him drawing inspiration from the Lagos mainland, and turning that into music. His delivery style is core street, where he freestyles in Yoruba, over heavy beat.

But he wasn’t always on the street. According to him, he was attracted to the streets at an early age, and left home to go find his path there.

“I was born with a silver spoon but I left the confort of my home to be on the Street just as if I knew my mum won’t stay on for long……I thank God who led my path on the street and make me a better person.”

Yomi Sars is popular amongst entertainers in the music industry. His position in the force, ensures that he attracts the friendship of many entertainers. One of his closest pals is Olamide, the indigenous rapper.

The duo have a strong bond, appearing at numerous concerts together and giving shout outs on social media. His other friendship circle include A-list artists such as Pasuma Wonder, Reminisce, Wizkid, Phyno, Davido and more.

His released records include ‘Japa’ (produced by Young Jonn), ‘Adoyoyo’, and ‘Gucci Mane Eko’.

Off the mic, Yomi is actively involved with combating crime. He is regularly involved in special missions. One of his mentors is Abba Kyari, an assistant police commissioner of Lagos State has been labelled ‘Nigeria’s Jack Bauer‘ due to his effort in bringing high-profile hoodlums and criminals to justice. Yomi works with Abba Kyari, and sometimes share insights into the workings of the police.

“Yomi is a great guy,” says a police officer, who refused to be named for this post. “He is a friend of everyone, and we can all rely on him. That’s why he is popular to everyone, and he has a good heart.”

Once during an operation to catch kidnappers in Delta state, a cop was killed during the ensuing shoot-out. Yomi too to Instagram to reflect upon it. “We lost a brave officer yesterday was shot by a deadly kidnapper in delta state…& was buried today….Inspr Rasheed Sanusi may ur soul rest in peace….If I die today I die a hero cos my 21 gun salute must complete,” he said.

Being a musician and a cop means he is a prime target for criticism. He traverses both worlds, drawing the ire of the public on social media who constantly question his dedication to the job.

He handles the criticism well, acting as a de factor public relations executive for the force. Once he went on a campaign to highlight Police officers who are distinguished in other fields. They include Chioma Ajunwa, Chuck Norris, Samuel Peters, and more.

As the growing voices of Nigeria’s youth against the brutality of SARS operatives continue to rise, Yomi addressed the issue on Instagram. You can find the post below.

“The #EndSARS is no longer one that any responsible Citizen minded Police officer can ignore, not necessarily giving credence to some of the gory yet vivid narrations but Policing is to maintain the public peace in whatever guise the unrest may come.

From Wuang, Dallas, Frankfurt, Paris, London and even Conakry Citizens have at some point in time, say recently protested against Police brutality.

It comes with the job, it is a sad truth. It’s same as the Doctor that leaves a spatula inside a patient or watches a patient die because the family couldn’t make cash deposit for treatment, it’s like the school Proprietors that wouldn’t allow the most brilliant child in the school write exams because the parents can’t afford to pay the fees, the Lawyer that breathes well knowing an innocent person have gone to jail only because legal fees couldn’t be paid . All these hinge on the individual’s world view, personal background and moral check list.

Definitely some Officers are on the extreme in the line of duty, some are on the job for personal gratification but we must commend the larger percentage who are worthy Ambassadors of the Police Force.

Those that daily defy the lack of basic needs like accommodation, uniform and other kits, up to date technology and equipments, no life insurance or worthy compensation for family and or loved ones in the case of death in the line of duty and with the little they’re given, combat violent crimes, conduct investigations, track down cunning criminals and do all they can to maintain law and order. I say again, a greater number of Officers of the Nigeria Police Force are Heroes without capes.

My simple suggestion in lending my voice to the #EndSARS is this; let us together raise the standard of our society, our collective existence as a people, for if we’re yet to realize every singular facet of the society reflects the whole, as no entity can forever stand aloof.

Justice is a system, a societal measure and as the Yorubas will say “Gba fun Muri ni gba fun Gbaja”. This of course shouldn’t stop the Police from looking into the various allegations levelled against the body, and the need to investigate and weed out the wolves amongst us.”

http://m.af1234.com/Af1234/details/meet-yomi-sars-aka-lagos-gucci-mane-the-flashy-sars-operative-also-an-artiste

SARS.

APC.

BUHARI.

ONE NIGERIA.

Are crimes against humanity.
Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by idu1(m): 11:47pm On Dec 05, 2017
Tmercy:
I don't think so cos he doesn't even own a car and stays in a mini self con wch isn't befitting
maybe it's a disguise.
Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by davillian(m): 12:11am On Dec 06, 2017
OboOlora:
You no lie.
My friend said the slap Yomi gave him ehn he dint hear word for 5months.
That if Yomi crayfish waka and he sees him.
He is going to give him that kind slap too. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by Gtoosmooth(m): 12:13am On Dec 06, 2017
So having a criminal look just like the others...
Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by davillian(m): 12:21am On Dec 06, 2017
Associating with criminals and fraud stars makes you a criminal.
Yomi is not different from other criminals.
He is a certified corrupt police officer.

4 Likes

Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by mkoabiola: 12:28am On Dec 06, 2017
djbussy:
This guy came to raid mable hotel ikotun lagos with his men.
So u sef de fall in marble hill hotel
When dd they come for raiding,it belong I was dere though but I learnt NDLEA came to raid
Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by Loyal0000: 12:29am On Dec 06, 2017
This guy called yomi SARS is the number one thief hiding under police Uniform .Fucking drop out . Him and his friend called  Gbenga SARS don't forget you guys collected 1.9m forcefully with your Guns and you said you will kill me if I did not drop the money with my friends. Can come out and say this to ur face if the IG tells me to come out and and face you with that your friend call Gbenga with that foolish prince . U guys hide under the name of SARS to collect money from guys with gun and mad beating. ‎

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by Loyal0000: 12:34am On Dec 06, 2017
Ogun kill you yomi.. I know u well your mama name na yeye I swear you should go to life in prison for what u have been doing in Lagos. Surprise there promote thief to SP ogun kill the person that give am that rank

3 Likes

Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by tellwisdom: 12:49am On Dec 06, 2017
Loyal0000:
Ogun kill you yomi.. I know u well your mama name na yeye I swear you should go to life in prison for what u have been doing in Lagos. Surprise there promote thief to SP ogun kill the person that give am that rank

1.9 Million you paid was for what??

1 Like

Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by chuks34(m): 12:52am On Dec 06, 2017
This one papa go don make am already
Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by davillian(m): 1:04am On Dec 06, 2017
tellwisdom:

1.9 Million you paid was for what??
It's for decoration of Sars office ikeja. cheesy cheesy cheesy
By the time they shoot som1 in ur front ehn u will pay them all d cash in ur acc grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by juman(m): 1:36am On Dec 06, 2017
Loyal0000:
This guy called yomi SARS is the number one thief hiding under police Uniform .Fucking drop out . Him and his friend called  Gbenga SARS don't forget you guys collected 1.9m forcefully with your Guns and you said you will kill me if I did not drop the money with my friends. Can come out and say this to ur face if the IG tells me to come out and and face you with that your friend call Gbenga with that foolish prince . U guys hide under the name of SARS to collect money from guys with gun and mad beating. ‎

SARS is part of new boko haram.

They are mostly thieves.

They harass people senselessly.

They share money with yahoo boys.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by seguno2: 2:28am On Dec 06, 2017
Why is no one asking how much he earns legitimately compared to his expensive lifestyle
Yet we complain that leadership is our problem with corruption.
Are we jokers or are we joking?

1 Like

Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by Awoo88: 4:08am On Dec 06, 2017
So dem don dash this guy star already. Which day this idiot go police academic

1 Like

Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by ped21: 6:13am On Dec 06, 2017
Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by bareal(m): 6:14am On Dec 06, 2017
Criminal

Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by ped21: 6:15am On Dec 06, 2017
Kolababe:
See more photos of him with top Nigerian celebs here>> http://m.af1234.com/Af1234/details/meet-yomi-sars-aka-lagos-gucci-mane-the-flashy-sars-operative-also-an-artiste

[

[
[b]e-the-flashy-sars-operative-also-an-artiste

Wizkid is an igbo person
Re: Yomi Sars, "Lagos Gucci Mane", Flashy SARS Operative, Also A Singer & Rapper by ped21: 6:17am On Dec 06, 2017
h

Wizkid is an igbo person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Davido Wants More Security Measures Of Iphones After Chioma Accessed His Phone / Ini Edo Flaunts Her Sexy Boobs And Body In Bum Shorts / Abasiodiong Eyo Inyang: Dethroned Teen Queen Apologises For Her Semi Nude Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.