Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

My Case Against The Biblical And Koranic Gods - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Case Against The Biblical And Koranic Gods (627 Views)

Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. / What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Case Against The Biblical And Koranic Gods by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
I have decided to take the content off. Thanks
Re: My Case Against The Biblical And Koranic Gods by smoy: 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2017
Iam a Muslim, many of your question can never be answered by the christianity or their books becus of the man hand in those books. why cant you read Quran for yourself page to page with open mind and all your qestions shall be answered.

1 Like

Re: My Case Against The Biblical And Koranic Gods by STUPUDTHEISTS: 5:43pm On Dec 05, 2017
I'm not sure you said much in your epistle except voicing your hatred for the Abrahamic god. In the first place you said you believe in miracles but not in the Abrahamic god. This begs the question which god do you believe in that isn't another religious god? The god you described is synonymous to the Christian and Muslim deity. Correspondingly you said you really want to serve god at the concluding part of your post. This is a testament to my earlier point about you rejecting the Abrahamic god but indirectly seeking out for the same deity. Think of it this way. Which of the gods wants to be worshipped and served? Why do you feel obliged to serve a god? Why not live your life believing in some kind of creator god without feeling like you owe him/her something or he/she is in your debt? Why do you have to reject the Abrahamic god and create another similar god in your head?
Re: My Case Against The Biblical And Koranic Gods by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2017
STUPUDTHEISTS:
I'm not sure you said much in your epistle except voicing your hatred for the Abrahamic god. In the first place you said you believe in miracles but not in the Abrahamic god. This begs the question which god do you believe in that isn't another religious god? The god you described is synonymous to the Christian and Muslim deity. Correspondingly you said you really want to serve god at the concluding part of your post. This is a testament to my earlier point about you rejecting the Abrahamic god but indirectly seeking out for the same deity. Think of it this way. Which of the gods wants to be worshipped and served? Why do you feel obliged to serve a god? Why not live your life believing in some kind of creator god without feeling like you owe him/her something or he/she is in your debt? Why do you have to reject the Abrahamic god and create another similar god in your head?

It is not hatred but a deep question about his nature despite the fact that I had supernatural experiences which I credit to Jesus.

You are right that I want to serve God but having issues with the nature of God. It doesn't sit me well that the same God who is presented as a tyrant is the same God who gave us our conscience to judge between good and evil. That we can judge ourselves on what is good and bad but can't question him.
Re: My Case Against The Biblical And Koranic Gods by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 05, 2017
smoy:
Iam a Muslim, many of your question can never be answered by the christianity or their books becus of the man hand in those books. why cant you read Quran for yourself page to page with open mind and all your qestions shall be answered.

On the other hand, the Quran is the worst of all. And it was copied from the Bible. I do not see something good in it.
Re: My Case Against The Biblical And Koranic Gods by STUPUDTHEISTS: 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
PietraK:

It is not hatred but a deep question about his nature despite the fact that I had supernatural experiences which I credit to Jesus.

You are right that I want to serve God but having issues with the nature of God. It doesn't sit me well that the same God who is presented as a tyrant is the same God who gave us our conscience to judge between good and evil. That we can judge ourselves on what is good and bad but can't question him.

You want to believe in God - a creator god? Fine. But why not simply believe that and live your life normally without the baggage like daily kneeling, worship, exaltations and the whole shebang that comes with the Christian god. Since you're convinced the Abrahamic deity is man-made, I see no reason why you should still hang on to 'I need to serve god.' Outside the religious gods, do you know of any other god that demands to be served? Unless you want to try other religions outside Islam and Christianity.
Re: My Case Against The Biblical And Koranic Gods by kachi19: 11:44pm On Dec 05, 2017
smoy:

They don come again... isn't it the same "Divine" inspiration leading to writing these books and writing by man? did God himself come down to write the koran? You wasn't there, they write what they feel is "divine enough" packaged with A lot of ailing philosophy and funny stories you been fed all your life you're forced to believe... i did try studying the Koran tho; i just couldn't cope. I perceived so much "man agenda" not being so different with the "catholic edited" bible
Re: My Case Against The Biblical And Koranic Gods by kachi19: 12:01am On Dec 06, 2017
I think i share same situation with OP. And i am overflowing with so much question. and as it is The Op has nothing to lose if there isn't a God and spent his life worshiping one than he didn't and there actually is

1 Like

Re: My Case Against The Biblical And Koranic Gods by Auki: 6:47am On Dec 06, 2017
PietraK:

On the other hand, the Quran is the worst of all. And it was copied from the Bible. I do not see something good in it.

Then do not speak on Quran since you have no knowledge. Confine yourself to the bible it seems you have knowledge about.

What you presented is based on Bible which is very different from Quran perspective. So confine yourself to only Bible since you hate to at least know the other perspective.
Re: My Case Against The Biblical And Koranic Gods by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 06, 2017
smoy:
and you expect your book that says "do not ask question" qn 5:101-102 to answer those bogus questions?
Re: My Case Against The Biblical And Koranic Gods by HajimeSaito(m): 8:19am On Dec 06, 2017
smoy:

Is that so?

Re: My Case Against The Biblical And Koranic Gods by bahaushe1: 12:37pm On Dec 06, 2017
Good morning PietraK

You have raised some fundamental issues which must be addressed by any religious faithful. I will (God willing) do my best to address some of the issues you raised.

Before I proceed let me make it clear that I am a Muslim. I bear witness that God is one, He alone created the earth, the heavens, and whatever that is between them. He is alone in His ownership of His creation, He Has no son, He Has no partner, He Has no co-equal. He, therefore, is the ONLY deity worthy of worship. To Him belongs the most beautiful names (the Almighty, the All-seeing, the All-knowing, the All-wise, the All-hearing, the most Merciful of those who show mercy.......) and the attributes of completeness and perfection. I also bear witness that Muhammad (pbuh) is His servant and messenger. I believe in His angels. I believe in His books, those He called by name (Torah, Psalm, Gospel, and Quran), those He referred to in general terms (the scripture of Abraham and Moses (pbut)), and those He did not mention. I believe in ALL His Prophets and Messengers, those He called by name (Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Lut, Ishmael, Isaac, Israel, ..........Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon,.........Jesus, and Muhammad - may peace and blessings of God be with them ALL), and those whose knowledge and stories He kept to Himself. I believe in the reality of the day of resurrection and the divine decree.

1. People of faith generally refrain from asking questions whose answers will not benefit them in this life. We believe that God Has given us all knowledge of that which will be of benefit to us in the life of this world and kept the rest to Himself. Mankind have eyes but there is a limit to what we can see; mankind have ears but there is a limit to what we can hear; mankind have minds but there is a limit to what our minds can comprehend. But God is All-seeing, All-hearing, All-knowing, and All-wise. For event that occur in this world there are two sides to it: those that can be seen, heard, and comprended by mankind and those that can't be seen, heard, or comprehended by mankind. The knowledge of the later belongs to God exclusively. It is therefore impossible for mankind to rationalize outcomes of everything event decreed by God for our sight, hearing, and wisdom have limits.

2. The fact that God decreed something doesn't mean He approves it. If a man decides to drink alcohol, that action written with God before it was committed but the decision to do it is entirely that of the man for God Has forbidden him from doing so.

3. Certain complexities in world affairs can only be understood if one consider the reason for creating mankind. The basis for creating mankind is to test him and the greatest test is that of worshipping God alone. We are not here to enjoy and have fun, we are here to be tested. If an armed robber attacks and snatch away belongings of someone both are being tested. The man is being tested as regard patience, will he turn to God in patience and continue to believe in Him or will he turn away from God. As for the armed robbers they are also being tested, will they be remorseful and repent or will they be carried away by arrogance.

4. Believers never die. They are always alive with their Lord. The fact that one dies does not mean he is daed. When an unbeliever dies he goes to meet his torment and punishment - this is real death. But a believer dies he goes to meet his Lord and all the good things he was promised - this is life. The life of this world is like a prison to believers.

5. You are right God favoured the children of Israel for reasons best known to Him. First He saved them the tyrrany of the Pharaoh. Second, He sent the greatest number of His Prophets to Children of Israel. Third, of His four books that exists currently, three were revealed to messengers from children of Israel. One can however make a guess as to the reasons for these favours. It could an honour to their great grandfather Abraham (pbuh) whom God described as "an upright man", "a man true in faith", "the ultimate friend of God", who abandoned his people for the sake of God. It could also be because of the sheer number of noble people among them: among them were people like Moses (pbuh) - who was raised under God's eyes, to whom God spoke to directly, the prophet who will have second highest number of followers on the day of resurrection; David (pbuh) - whose fasting was adjudged as the best form of fasting and whose night prayer was also adjudged as the best form of night prayer by Muhammad (pbuh); mary the mother of Jesus (pbuh) whom God chose "above women of all nations" and was described by Muhammad (pbuh) as "would have been a prophet if there were to be female prophets"; and of course Jesus (pbuh) - the only human to have spoken from cradle, the second human to have been created without a father, and the only messenger to be granted miracle to raise the dead.

6. Even though the children of Israel were favoured none of the nations of the world was ever letf without guidance. God said "there was never a nation unless a warner has passed through it". And though the Prophets of children of Israel were specifically sent to their people anyone who come across that message in it is true unaltered form during the period of that messengership must believe in it and follow the teachings of that messenger otherwise he will be raised as a disbeliever on the day of resurrection.

7. God doesn't punish people unjustly. An evidence of disbelieve must be established against one before he is punished. Evidence against him means he came across the message of one the messengers in it is true unaltered form and rejected it. Those who did not come across any message in it is true form will not be punished. God will give them their own tests on the day of judgement.

8. And lastly. God abrogated His previous scriptures and replaced them with Quran with the coming of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). God confirmed that He indeed sent down those scriptures but they have been corrupted. So from the time Muhammad (pbuh) was called to prophethood up to the end of the end of the world whoever seek true guidance must follow Muhammad (pbhu) and Quran because the periods of previous messengers have ended. Whoever goes to God with any other religion will not be accepted.

9. I wish you all the best in your search for the right answers.

(1) (Reply)

NURTW Boss, Mc Oluomo, Claims Allah’s Appeared Inside A Water In His House Today / Divorced People 'Living In Sin' Asking For Holy Communion Is Blasphemy..... / China Bans Muslim Children From Quranic Classes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.