Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

My Former Company Paid Me 6 Months In Error After Leaving Now They Want Refund - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Former Company Paid Me 6 Months In Error After Leaving Now They Want Refund (847 Views)

My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension / Police Rescue 600 Kano Workers Locked For 3 Months In Rice Factory / HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Former Company Paid Me 6 Months In Error After Leaving Now They Want Refund by samguru(m): 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2017
Good Afternoon nairalanders,

A friend called me this afternoon and asked what she should do after being paid 6 months salary due to administrative error and she had left the company 6 months ago.

She asked for my advice as the former company wants her to pay before the end of the year.

This my friend is broke oooo as I have been supporting since she left the company.She left the company when her contracts expired.

She has been calling people soliciting for help on how to raise the money

Please what should she do?
Re: My Former Company Paid Me 6 Months In Error After Leaving Now They Want Refund by eezeribe(m): 5:25pm On Dec 05, 2017
OK

1 Like

Re: My Former Company Paid Me 6 Months In Error After Leaving Now They Want Refund by python1: 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2017
Tell her to return their money jor. Which advice she dey look for sef? Later we go dey complain up and down that this country is this and that, now, to return money that is not your own, you need to be advised.

1 Like

Re: My Former Company Paid Me 6 Months In Error After Leaving Now They Want Refund by samtinx(m): 5:27pm On Dec 05, 2017
pls tell you friend not to eat any money she did not work for,pls advice her to honourably return that money before they start labelling her a thief,after all her contract with the company is already expired,somebody might want to test her or even be blackmail her through these medium.

1 Like

Re: My Former Company Paid Me 6 Months In Error After Leaving Now They Want Refund by obinna58(m): 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2017
If your friend had known that the money was an error but continued to enjoy it instead of doing the needful then he/she should be ready to embrace whatever comes as punishment and stop seeking advice

1 Like

Re: My Former Company Paid Me 6 Months In Error After Leaving Now They Want Refund by mazimee(m): 6:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
I wonder the kind of advice you are looking for when you are holding something that is yours
Re: My Former Company Paid Me 6 Months In Error After Leaving Now They Want Refund by samguru(m): 6:02pm On Dec 05, 2017
She is expecting some money before the end of January 2018 can I advise her to drop the money she has now and pay the balance by next year January 2018 or tell her to beg them to hold on for her till next year
Re: My Former Company Paid Me 6 Months In Error After Leaving Now They Want Refund by johnbuck81(m): 6:42pm On Dec 05, 2017
she send person to send money to her account...let her not pay anything..let them go to the bank were they paid the money.
Re: My Former Company Paid Me 6 Months In Error After Leaving Now They Want Refund by Newboss(m): 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2017
Your friend is a thief!

She needs no advice. EFCC must hear this! angry
Re: My Former Company Paid Me 6 Months In Error After Leaving Now They Want Refund by samguru(m): 2:49pm On Dec 06, 2017
Newboss:
Your friend is a thief!

She needs no advice. EFCC must hear this! angry

Oga Newboss take it easy now,

She showed me all the documents she signed to signify her exit from the company.

The mistake is from the company.

What am blaming her for is such money should not be spent rather should be kept in a safe account and inform the company of the error.
Re: My Former Company Paid Me 6 Months In Error After Leaving Now They Want Refund by Newboss(m): 2:54pm On Dec 06, 2017
samguru:

Oga Newboss take it easy now,

She showed me all the documents she signed to signify her exit from the company.

The mistake is from the company.

What am blaming her for is such money should not be spent rather should be kept in a safe account and inform the company of the error.
That's exactly why she's a thief!
Re: My Former Company Paid Me 6 Months In Error After Leaving Now They Want Refund by 9jatatafo(m): 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2017
She should refund it simple

(1) (Reply)

I Love My Job, Do You / 19 Actionable Tips To Become A Successful Youth / Is Computer Science Degree Still Relevant???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.