Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. (10604 Views)

My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension / From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. / Do Not Accept A Banking Job - I Refused To Listen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by Vac1: 2:49am On Dec 09, 2017
Good morning Nairalander, please I am in a Dilemma and need all the help I can get in other not to make a costly mistake. Straight to my story.

On the 27th of November, my employer disengaged (sacked) me and a few of my colleagues with some bogus accusation of under productivity and insubordination. We were asked to turn in every company property in our care which we duly handed over before leaving.In our dismissal later, it was clearly stated that 'our terminal benefits will be paid along with our salary for the month of November'.

Prior to our dismissal, the sum of 5000 was always deducted from our salary every month as caution fee which is supposed to be paid when one leaves the company, but with experience from people that have left, it is always a tug of war as the company doesn't honor that.

Now, we got information that the company paid her Workers November salary yesterday but we that were dismissed didn't get paid. Individually we called the accountant who from the discussion we had made it point clear that there was no provision for us in the payment voucher and every attempt the reach the management has proved abortive as they have kept posting and at a point not taking our calls.

I decided to bring this here in other to get the best solution to this problem and also to know the various agencies to get involved.Apart from the call which i made to the accountant and the center manager, i have not taken another step as i don't want to make a mistake in dealing with them. I have seen problems of this type get solved here and i believe that mine and that of my colleagues will be solved. Thanks as I wait for HELP.

Please Kindly help me tag people with experience in dealing with this kind of issue.

Kindly help me get this to a larger audience

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by policy12: 3:23am On Dec 09, 2017
I don't have an idea but is like you need to get legal advice involve,what so ever they advice you then you can go with it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by Gentle034(m): 3:29am On Dec 09, 2017
I think u need to get a legal adviser, this clearly a case for the layers! lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by ipobarecriminals: 4:15am On Dec 09, 2017
sad sacking here and there dis ember months? Hope u save something to fall on sha?Forget dat kudi and move on.Even skools dnt return caution money dey collected from peep.Move on biko

6 Likes

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by veekid(m): 11:20am On Dec 09, 2017
If it'was a written agreement; sue them motherfuckers to a court of law

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by kay29000(m): 11:21am On Dec 09, 2017
Hmm! Maybe they will make provision for payment of you guys by December ending.

1 Like

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by AntiWailer: 11:21am On Dec 09, 2017
It is tricky on the ground of under productivity and insurbodination if there is any proof.

I will advise you guys to be patient till you hear from an authorized source of the company before you take any step.

The 5000 caution might be there in case you leave and might not include the provision if you are outrightly disengaged by the company.

Try get a lawyer to explain the content of your terms of engagement, policy you signed and disengagement letter.

You can send me a PM so I can get my lawyer to interprete the terms for you or any lawyer on Nairaland can help out.

Accept my sincere empathy on the disengagement. It is not good for this period.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by Colybaly: 11:22am On Dec 09, 2017
Sue them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by skydancer: 11:22am On Dec 09, 2017
Talk to a lawyer, they will guide you best on how to go about this.

Or better still, forget about it and grow above it. Trust me, it will come back to you in multiple fold.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by olaolulazio(m): 11:22am On Dec 09, 2017
Smoke some SK or Arizona before going there....

Thank me later..

2 Likes

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 09, 2017
There is a government agency that handles this, I think public complaints commission or so

1 Like

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:22am On Dec 09, 2017
veekid:
If it'was a written agreement; sue them motherfuckers to a court of law

This young man has said it all!
Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by castrol180(m): 11:22am On Dec 09, 2017
...the ground by which you were dismissed is very serious ''bogus accusation of under productivity and insubordination'' so I don't think you should expect any thing again as no legal battle can win you that your stipends from the organisation...

1 Like

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by godofuck231: 11:23am On Dec 09, 2017
Vac1:
Good morning Nairalander, please I am in a Dilemma and need all the help I can get in other not to make a costly mistake. Straight to my story.

On the 27th of November, my employer disengaged (sacked) me and a few of my colleagues with some bogus accusation of under productivity and insubordination. We were asked to turn in every company property in our care which we duly handed over before leaving.In our dismissal later, it was clearly stated that 'our terminal benefits will be paid along with our salary for the month of November'.

Prior to our dismissal, the sum of 5000 was always deducted from our salary every month as caution fee which is supposed to be paid when one leaves the company, but with experience from people that have left, it is always a tug of war as the company doesn't honor that.

Now, we got information that the company paid her Workers November salary yesterday but we that were dismissed didn't get paid. Individually we called the accountant who from the discussion we had made it point clear that there was no provision for us in the payment voucher and every attempt the reach the management has proved abortive as they have kept posting and at a point not taking our calls.

I decided to bring this here in other to get the best solution to this problem and also to know the various agencies to get involved.Apart from the call which i made to the accountant and the center manager, i have not taken another step as i don't want to make a mistake in dealing with them. I have seen problems of this type get solved here and i believe that mine and that of my colleagues will be solved. Thanks as I wait for HELP.

Please Kindly help me tag people with experience in dealing with this kind of issue.

Ask a lawyer not nairaland,
Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by crownedprinz(m): 11:23am On Dec 09, 2017
Was the agreement to pay for the November salary indicated on the letter you got?
Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by Quality20(m): 11:24am On Dec 09, 2017
Go to d courts with ur lawyer and d letters u av wit u
Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by oshe111(m): 11:24am On Dec 09, 2017

2 Likes

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by sunbbo(m): 11:25am On Dec 09, 2017
This has to do with the company policy and terms of employment. If you feel that is foul play try and seek legal action.

Apply For Nigerian Bottling Company Limited Technical Trainee Programme

Nigerian Bottling Company Limited, member of the Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) - anchor bottler for Coca-Cola with the franchise to bottle Coca-Cola products in 28 countries. We bottle Coca-Cola products in Nigeria, offering iconic non-alcoholic beverages such as: Coca-Cola, Fanta , Sprite, Schweppes and Limca in the sparkling beverage category; and 5 Alive and Eva in the still beverage category. Our vision is to become the undisputed leader in every market in which we compete. Nigerian Bottling Company Limited Technical Trainee Programme as follows;

The Industrial Training Fund (ITF) and the Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association (NECA), in collaboration with Nigerian Bottling Company Limited, invites applications for:

Title: NBC Technical Trainee Programme

Preamble
The Industrial Training Fund (ITF) and the Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association (NECA), in collaboration with Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd, wishes to admit qualified young Nigerians of sound character and learning potential to undertake an intensive Eighteen Months Training

Programme on Technical Skills Development in the following areas:

Basic Bottling Process                  
Industrial Mechatronics
Automation and Process Control Engineering
Machine Shop Operation
General Fittings and Welding
Utility Maintenance and Operations

The Programme

Successful candidates will enjoy free tuition, lunch and a monthly stipend (not salary) for the entire duration of the program. It is a non-residential training at our Technical Training Centre located in Ikeja, Lagos. Trainees will be exposed to classroom, hands-on sessions and on-the-job training experience in any of Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd Plants in Abuja, Asejire, Benin, Challawa, Enugu, Ikeja, Jos, Kaduna, Maiduguri, Owerri and Port Harcourt.
On successful completion of the training program, trainees will receive internal certificates of participation, while trainees will be prepared for the City and Guilds (London) external examination and they may be offered permanent employment as Technicians or Technical Operators with the company.  

Objectives

To train and equip youths with employable skills in the vocational areas listed above
To promote a Public-Private Sector Model in Technical and Vocational skills training
To contribute to the capacity development of our country.

Educational Qualification

Candidates must possess the following qualifications among others:

B.Sc 2nd Class Lower and Higher National Diploma or its equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from recognized and accredited institutions.
Industrial experience will be an added advantage.

http://www.ngjobseekers.com/2017/12/08/nigerian-bottling-company-limited-technical-trainee-programme/
Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by Holamidhe(m): 11:26am On Dec 09, 2017
Good morning Nairalander, please I am in a Dilemma and need all the help I can get in other not to give a costly advice.

Talk to your Lawyer
Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by free2ryhme: 11:28am On Dec 09, 2017
Take legal action
Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by Lomprico2: 11:28am On Dec 09, 2017
godofuck231:

Ask a lawyer not nairaland,

Nairaland is everything!

Op, if all the agreements u stated here is in written form with the company's letter head, just sue them kpere!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by Typopeep(m): 11:30am On Dec 09, 2017
Sue them for way more than they owe. That'll teach 'em!
Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by nnamoe(m): 11:31am On Dec 09, 2017
Our government is not doing anything about these issues that is why the companies do what the like. WHYTCLEON OF FBN DISENGAGED MORE THAN 1000 OF THERE CONTRACT STAFFS WITHOUT BENEFITS/ENTITLEMENT and the government could not say a word.This is due to there children are placed in multinational companies and some outside the country.

who will talk for the poor masses?non

it do not concern them rather what bothers them is there pocket and how to loot.

even the recovered looted funds are about missing

GOD HELP US ALL.
Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by Deo1986(m): 11:33am On Dec 09, 2017
I will suggest you keep your dismissal letter as evidence then look for a way to have an interface with your former employers, if they won't meet with you, then you can resolve the issue in a court of law but bear in mind that your former company can afford the best lawyers and even if the judgement favours you, you still won't be paid immediately they might delay your money for another 6month but all the same goodluck.

1 Like

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by fredosky111(m): 11:35am On Dec 09, 2017
Email me at Iortyaveralfred@gmail.com I will guide you

2 Likes

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by Nnamaka1: 11:36am On Dec 09, 2017
You should have put the name and address of the company on here and also the full names of the managers involve for shaming, after all you don't have anything to loose .

2 Likes

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by cooldude62(m): 11:38am On Dec 09, 2017
When sacked, you don't qualify for entitlement most times. That's why good companies advise staff to resign.

All the best though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by deco22(m): 11:38am On Dec 09, 2017
You should get a lawyer.
Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by deco22(m): 11:39am On Dec 09, 2017
Nnamaka1:
You should have put the name and address of the company on here and also the full names of the managers involve for shaming, after all you don't have anything to loose .
They can sue him for defamation of character if he does that...

4 Likes

Re: HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. by kenechi072: 11:41am On Dec 09, 2017
Vac1:

Ml

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get An Internship With The World Bank? / Ogun Labour Leaders address workers from bush for fear of thugs / Do You Enjoy Your Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.