Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) (44294 Views)

AFCON 2023 Semi-Final Nigeria Vs South Africa Today Wed. Feb 7th 6:00 PM / Ballon D'or 2018 Live Thread / Anthony Joshua Defeats Joseph Parker (Live Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by menace1: 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2017
Sanchez01:

Pele pulled the greatest scam on every football lover alive and sadly, no one thought about it. For someone who compulsorily counted games he played for the Sixth Coast Guard in the military competition. No one bothered to note that his official goals was just about 700+
if don't even rate him as GOAT
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by kpaofame: 8:51pm On Dec 07, 2017
I hate it when people twist the truth but heck haters must hate

Messi is a phenomenial player but to say Ronaldo is not good or a World class player is just plain stupid and unreasonable...
Messi played well so did Ronaldo but His contributions when evaluated brought more success than Messi in the year under review Hence He is G.O.A.T of Football. For now

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by JamesReacher(m): 8:51pm On Dec 07, 2017
FTrebirth:

ramos also tripped a bayern player in the box and the ref turned a blind eye.

arturo vidal was also shown a straight red for a yellow card offense...and you know he's a major player.

the ref had to intervene to save madrid whenever bayern was taking the lead...and not until then did you penaldo's shadow was seen in the field.
A champion wins under any circumstances. Madrid were trailing behind and bang! 2goals in assassin style. See Bayern later one time, I carried for that match, imagine my joy
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by willjoe: 8:53pm On Dec 07, 2017
spy24:

Messi is not even the greatest in his own country
let me tell u outside barca messi achievement Is minimal

Every where ronaldo has gone he has left a mark

And for those players u put up there ronaldo is better than them they can't play nowadays football

go study and read about football, come back then we can argue
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by FTrebirth(m): 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2017
Draei:

But sending off Ronaldo in the Spanish Cup
against Cancerlona was fair right? You Meshit
fans all know the S.I unit of 'Ojoro' is Barcelona.
he was being aggressive like a bitch and that was the second card in the game...so he deserved the kick.

moreover, you don't compare super plastic with champions league.
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by kybee(m): 9:02pm On Dec 07, 2017
willjoe:
The fact is, if Ronaldo wins 20 ballon'dor, Messi is still the Greatest of all time. Only real madrid fans dispute this. Infact, when they both retire, Football should be renamed in honor of Messi, and Penalty be renamed in respect of Ronaldo. Messi is like football itself and Ronaldo as to Penalty which is part of football. Such is their respective influence in the game.
we have other great penalty takers who has won not even one Ballon'Dor
Player like
Frank Lampard
Alessandro Del Piero
Steven Gerrard
Michel Platini
Please don't be BIAS this time. We know CR7 worth this 2016/17 Ballon'Dor
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Ikmontana1: 9:03pm On Dec 07, 2017
FTrebirth:

ramos also tripped a bayern player in the box and the ref turned a blind eye.

arturo vidal was also shown a straight red for a yellow card offense...and you know he's a major player.

the ref had to intervene to save madrid whenever bayern was taking the lead...and not until then did you penaldo's shadow was seen in the field.
cry me a river..
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by spy24(m): 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2017
[quote author=willjoe post=63075241]go study and read about football, come back then we can argue[/quote

Who do u want to give unnecessary assignment
So u want to tell me that u have studied and read about football that u now know stats and facts than the millions of footballers and pundits That has now named ronaldo as the best for the fourth time in the past five years

Oga tell me what u know that me and them don't know

Lest I forget I know that ronaldo won UCL and laliga last season and that messi only won Del Rey is it true if its not true please correct me since u have read and studied football and u know wat I don't know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Draei: 9:08pm On Dec 07, 2017
FTrebirth:
he was being aggressive like a bitch and that was the second card in the game...so he deserved the kick.

moreover, you don't compare super plastic with champions league.
Aggresive? In which game cuz clearly that
second yellow given to him was not worth it.

If you guys underrate that trophy then you
guys shouldn't have played in both legs.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Ikmontana1: 9:14pm On Dec 07, 2017
y most people are arguing against Ronaldo wining d balon d'or 2017 is cos of his form in LA liga in d current season ..
am sure if d BALON d'or was to b awarded d very moment after champions league triumph over Juventus ended last season ..he wud v won it without any question whatsoever..
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Belthazor(m): 9:22pm On Dec 07, 2017
OVA200:
I carefully compose it, it may help if you can read it
She will not read. Her moniker itself is 'lazygal' - Says a whole lot.
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Twizzy30(m): 9:27pm On Dec 07, 2017
Cristiano Penaldo fans think he's best in the world but still compare him to Lionel Messi. lol grin you all know who the king is..
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Troublemaker007(m): 9:28pm On Dec 07, 2017
Sanchez01:
Who is on the shortlist?

The 30-strong list is below, including England's Harry Kane:

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund)
Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
Leonardo Bonucci (Milan)
Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)
Edinson Cavani (PSG)
Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool)
Kevin de Bruyne (Man City)
David de Gea (Man Utd)
Paulo Dybala (Juventus)
Edin Dzeko (Roma)
Radamel Falcao (Monaco)
Antoine Griezmann (Atlético Madrid)
Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
Mats Hummels (Bayern Munich)
Isco (Real Madrid)
Harry Kane (Tottenham)
N’Golo Kanté (Chelsea)
Toni Kroos (Real Madrid)
Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
Sadio Mané (Liverpool)
Marcelo (Real Madrid)
Kylian Mbappé (PSG)
Dries Mertens (Napoli)
Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
Neymar (PSG)
Jan Oblak (Atlético Madrid)
Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
Luis Suárez (Barcelona).

I noticed this award is only given to European clubs only. I mean there other clubs with great players who deserve this away
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2017
Belthazor:

Please dont come between us only the devil comes between people
I told him I would read and he said okay ..so why are u trying to cause issues here ?
Please have a good night
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by OVA200(m): 9:45pm On Dec 07, 2017
Belthazor:
Lol I taught as much but I don't want to discourage her.
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by steve6: 10:24pm On Dec 07, 2017
Sanchez01:
[s][/s]
Messi fanboy.

1. History would ask how a Ronaldo keenly contested the most individual coveted prize in football against your all time great such that he won it just as the same amount as him.
2. History would ask how a young, charismatic, onetime Lisbon player took the Premier League by storm to become a force, left for Spain to become a phenom.
3. History would ask how Ronaldo scored 50 goals in six consecutive seasons in the same league Messi is known for when he clearly could not do same.
4. History would ask how a Ronaldo was the first player in the history of the La liga to score against every team in a single season where Messi had been playing prior his arrival in 2009.
5. History would ask why Ronaldo won a senior national silverware while your so-called all time great cost his team a final by shooting a penalty kick into the sky, cried like a sissy and announced his retirement because he could not handle failure.
6. History would also ask why Ronaldo was announced the most complete footballer alive when Messi played in his era.
7. History would ask why Messi refused to play elsewhere but Barcelona while Ronaldo moved from Lisbon to Manchester United, became the club's iconic star and moved to Real to become goalkeeper's nightmare.
8. History would ask how a Ronaldo overtook Messi in the Champions League all time scoring chart to become its all time goal scorer.

Ronaldo would not only go down as an inspiration to players who are not regarded, but would be regarded as the best thing to happen to goal scoring feats in modern day football. One word best describe him and that is GENUIS.

Educate yourself, biko: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_FIFA_Football_Awards

Mynd44
Mukina2
Lalasticlala

Word !
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by adabsmith(m): 10:35pm On Dec 07, 2017
gibzzhd:

what has ronaldo done for Portugal a parts from getting hattriks vs faroe island.Was he among the Top 3 players at the Euros? Did he work at the finals to win the Euro.Messi was the best player at the world cup.has more goals and assist than ronaldo in world cup and copa comparing to ronaldo euro.Messi is Argentina highest goal scorer and assist provider unlike ronaldo who is only highest with goals.Yes ronaldo has a trophy with Portugal and messi has been unlucky with Argentina despite playing in 3 finals.so don't undermine messi at Argentina.I choose to say he his even better than ronaldo at national team level.watch both play for their nations.while one struggles to get the final pass and score.The other make effort to win balls,create chances and still get to score them
You’re a fool. Cos if you ain’t you’ll know World Cup was rigged
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 11:12pm On Dec 07, 2017
OVA200:
Lol I taught as much but I don't want to discourage her.

Shane on you... See them men gossiping about woman ...any way the world has changed men. Are doing operation to become women. Or dress as women ,they are even cooking under claim as chef and as we all know they gossip more than women..both of you have head like Cray fish
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by efemena24(m): 11:40pm On Dec 07, 2017
willjoe:
The fact is, if Ronaldo wins 20 ballon'dor, Messi is still the Greatest of all time. Only real madrid fans dispute this. Infact, when they both retire, Football should be renamed in honor of Messi, and Penalty be renamed in respect of Ronaldo. Messi is like football itself and Ronaldo as to Penalty which is part of football. Such is their respective influence in the game.
mumu, so you think you've said something reasonable??
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 07, 2017
Sanchez01:

Factfile
The Ballon d’Or is the award given to the best player in the world.

This year 30 players have been nominated although it is likely to go to one of the big two.

Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are the only winners of the award in its current form.

You need to go back to 2007 to find a different winner when Kaka topped Ronaldo and Messi - who finished second and third respectively.

And the pair are expected to head the votes again this year with Ronaldo winning the Champions League and La Liga double in May.

Ronaldo is the big favourite but we'll find out later today if he's drawn level with Messi.

When is the 2017 Ballon d’Or awards?

The 62nd edition Ballon d'Or will be held on Thursday, December 7.

The ceremony kicks-off at 6.45pm GMT, 7.45pm local time.

Where is the 2017 Ballon d’Or awards?

The ceremony is held in Paris.

Who will present the Ballon d’Or?

Former Tottenham and Newcastle winger David Ginola will present the awards ceremony.

Who will win the Ballon d’Or?

Cristiano Ronaldo is the big favourite after another stunning year.

If he is victorious he will join Lionel Messi on five Ballon d’Ors.

Similarly if Messi comes second, he will join Ronaldo on five second places.

Last year Neymar came third and he may do again.

How do you win the Ballon d’Or?

The Ballon d’Or is held by French Football magazine and they ask 173 journalists from all over the world to vote.

PS: Ballon d'Or 2017 will be at 4:30 PM - 8:30 PM

CR7 is better n greater than Messi
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 07, 2017
CR7 is taller, Better, Finer, Stronger, richer bigger than The Midget Sadist . grin
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by danbrowndmf(m): 12:24am On Dec 08, 2017
tobore4u:
If ronaldo win the trophy i will deactivate my account.
kindly do as you have said

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by sharawwy(m): 1:54am On Dec 08, 2017
willjoe:
you are just jealous!
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by ernieboy(m): 4:55am On Dec 08, 2017
willjoe:
go study and read about football, come back then we can argue
why not state messi's achievements outside of barca.
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by ernieboy(m): 5:03am On Dec 08, 2017
Ijaya123:

Says who? And where are the facts?
I taya for these people, they will just be making claims without proof. only cr7 has proved himself at both club and national level, he has proved himself in his various clubs, but messi is still holed up in barca and hiding under the hardwork of his teammates, let him go to another team and prove himself.
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by JSMMUYIWA(m): 7:51am On Dec 08, 2017
lazygal:

Please dont come between us only the devil comes between people
I told him I would read and he said okay ..so why are u trying to cause issues here ?
Please have a good night
And have you read it?
Or you are yet a lazy girl?
grin
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by JSMMUYIWA(m): 7:53am On Dec 08, 2017
lazygal:

Shane on you... See them men gossiping about woman ...any way the world has changed men. Are doing operation to become women. Or dress as women ,they are even cooking under claim as chef and as we all know they gossip more than women..both of you have head like Cray fish
The guys are gentle they did not reply...
See your mouth ehn...
Just wondering how your head looks like....grin
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by JSMMUYIWA(m): 7:56am On Dec 08, 2017
adabsmith:

You’re a fool. Cos if you ain’t you’ll know World Cup was rigged
Tell him o....
Where my Robben added colour to the W/Cup.
Biasness of FIFA,perhaps due to popularity sake.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 8:03am On Dec 08, 2017
JSMMUYIWA:

The guys are gentle they did not reply...
See your mouth ehn...
Just wondering how your head looks like....grin

My head looks like mango
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by JSMMUYIWA(m): 8:09am On Dec 08, 2017
lazygal:

My head looks like mango
Hehehehe....cheesy.... Not too bad,in as much you know that your self. But are you very lazy as not knowing how to cook? Just trying to do my calculations....
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by OVA200(m): 8:29am On Dec 08, 2017
lazygal:

Am sorry no vex, i will not drag ur gossip with u again. But why cray fish now.
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Peacefullove: 9:12am On Dec 08, 2017
I still don't understand the reasons for all these argument .

if you hate CR7 ... You will just be giving yourself more heartbreaks , cos he is ambitious . and Will surely pursue more individual achievement . So why not Love him and save yourself the heartache ?

And If you hate Lionel Messi ... Your problem just began cos the Argentine is also good in what he does, thus he is still going to win more football awards , Why not love him and save yourself from having Hypertension / Stroke ?

- There is a reason why it was said that you should love even your enemies , So you won't die before your time.

just an advice#

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Famous Footballers Involved In Ghastly Car Accidents (see List, Photos) / Nigeria Vs Lesotho AFCON Qualifier: What Went Down At Teslim Balogun Stadium / AFCON2023 : the 3 Best individual Player awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.