Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) (44228 Views)

AFCON 2023 Semi-Final Nigeria Vs South Africa Today Wed. Feb 7th 6:00 PM / Ballon D'or 2018 Live Thread / Anthony Joshua Defeats Joseph Parker (Live Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by obonujoker(m): 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2017
This Messhit fans ehn.... grin

5 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Icon79(m): 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2017
if I play like Cristiano in a side that created lots of chances, I would score goals too. What really separates the good from the really good is that ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck and create something out of nothing when the need arises, not being overly dependent on your creative colleagues to create tap in opportunities for you ala Cristiano Ronaldo grin

O pari

Nltaliban:

Just when it's glaring your god can't win

Sorry bro, tell him to try harder next year
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Sanchez01: 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2017
Top 3

Messi
Neymar
Ronaldo

Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? grin

6 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by MickyBlaq2: 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2017
Criis:

Obviously you didn't watch Argentina qualifiers
Exactly...
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by gibzzhd: 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2017
adabsmith:

Individual performance of Leo is limited to Barcelona
Ronaldo performed both at club and country level
That’s the fact
what has ronaldo done for Portugal a parts from getting hattriks vs faroe island.Was he among the Top 3 players at the Euros? Did he work at the finals to win the Euro.Messi was the best player at the world cup.has more goals and assist than ronaldo in world cup and copa comparing to ronaldo euro.Messi is Argentina highest goal scorer and assist provider unlike ronaldo who is only highest with goals.Yes ronaldo has a trophy with Portugal and messi has been unlucky with Argentina despite playing in 3 finals.so don't undermine messi at Argentina.I choose to say he his even better than ronaldo at national team level.watch both play for their nations.while one struggles to get the final pass and score.The other make effort to win balls,create chances and still get to score them

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by internationalman(m): 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2017
adabsmith:

A single match shine isn’t what we’re talking about
If u watched football u would know that a single match shine handed Ronaldo the award in 2013...in that very season Madrid went trophyless but he shone in their last World Cup qualifying match against Sweden.. Just like Argentina their hope of qualifying depended on a 3 points and he scored a hatrick just like Messi did.
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2017
Sanchez01:
Top 3

Messi
Neymar
Ronaldo

Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? grin

I would rather neymar wins than that short devil

I speak for Rinaldo also .....but cr7 has to win God please don't do this to me ooo cry
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 7:47pm On Dec 07, 2017
gibzzhd:

what has ronaldo done for Portugal a parts from getting hattriks vs faroe island.Was he among the Top 3 players at the Euros? Did he work at the finals to win the Euro.Messi was the best player at the world cup.has more goals and assist than ronaldo in world cup and copa comparing to ronaldo euro.Messi is Argentina highest goal scorer and assist provider unlike ronaldo who is only highest with goals.Yes ronaldo has a trophy with Portugal and messi has been unlucky with Argentina despite playing in 3 finals.so don't undermine messi at Argentina.I choose to say he his even better than ronaldo at national team level.watch both play for their nations.while one struggles to get the final pass and score.The other make effort to win balls,create chances and still get to score them

What has Ronald done for what ?! Is this a question.....
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Icon79(m): 7:48pm On Dec 07, 2017
In fact, during the last el classic, the only way that Real could stop him was by fouling him, with Sergio Ramos earning a straight red card for a wild two-footed lunge while Casemiro was a little lucky to escape dismissal for repeated fouls and Mateo Kovacic also earned a yellow card for fouling the Argentine.

Despite forcing his opponents into such desperate measures, Messi still managed six shots on goal, four of which were on target - more than any other player. He also embarked upon seven dribbles, again higher than anyone else, and his 72 touches of the ball were more than any Real player (Dani Carvajal had 71).

I would like to see Cristiano Ronaldo's numbers besides the tap ins and the penalties.

O pari

4 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by BlueAngel444: 7:48pm On Dec 07, 2017
internationalman:

Dembele has only played 3 matches for Barca. I was comparing him with reference to his stay at Dortmund.
If you like compare their whole careers, Asensio for now is Dembele's god. All the noise of Dembele is just dog sh*t
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Aniwhyte(m): 7:48pm On Dec 07, 2017
MickyBlaq2:

Coming to facts u should know that all through 2017... messi was the backbone in a very disassembled Angentina sketectal framework and he helped in taking the team to the World Cup
World Cup when dem play for 2014??
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by internationalman(m): 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2017
lazygal:

But stats only count for so much. What really counts is how you perform in the biggest of moments and, in 2017, nobody has come close to touching Real Madrid's Ronaldo in that regard.

The individual statistics can tell a lot about their performances as players over the past 12 months, but just as much can be learned from the achievements of their teams in the past year. Clearly, at club level, Ronaldo has had the edge in 2017, helping Real Madrid to become the first team to win back-to-back Champions League titles with two goals in the final victory over Juventus. Los Blancos also lifted La Liga, and the Supercopa de Espana, leaving Barcelona and Messi with just the Copa del Rey to their name in 2016-17.

Since when did d Ballon d'or become a team award.
Why didn't a player from Liverpool win it in 2005,
Why didn't a player from Man Utd win it in 2008
Why didn't a player from Chelsea win it in 2012,
why didn't a player from Inter Milan want it in 2010
why didn't a player from Bayern Munich win it in 2013

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Icon79(m): 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

O pari o

lazygal:

I would rather neymar wins than that short devil

I speak for Rinaldo also .....but cr7 has to win God please don't do this to me ooo cry
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by spy24(m): 7:50pm On Dec 07, 2017
MickyBlaq2:

Coming to facts u should know that all through 2017... messi was the backbone in a very disassembled Angentina sketectal framework and he helped in taking the team to the World Cup

So he should win the balloon because of that ?
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by SPDAZZY(f): 7:50pm On Dec 07, 2017
olasaad:

Thanks just saw that. I believe they are just starting.
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Icon79(m): 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2017
Thank you, my broad!

It only becomes based on the silverwares won when it favors Cristiano Ronaldo. Real Madrid and FIFA has corrupted and politicized the game so much that it's not fun any more.

O pari

internationalman:

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Dottune(m): 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2017
Icon79:
In fact, during the last el classic, the only way that Real could stop him was by fouling him, with Sergio Ramos earning a straight red card for a wild two-footed lunge while Casemiro was a little lucky to escape dismissal for repeated fouls and Mateo Kovacic also earned a yellow card for fouling the Argentine.

Despite forcing his opponents into such desperate measures, Messi still managed six shots on goal, four of which were on target - more than any other player. He also embarked upon seven dribbles, again higher than anyone else, and his 72 touches of the ball were more than any Real player (Dani Carvajal had 71).

I would like to see Cristiano Ronaldo's numbers besides the tap ins and the penalties.

O pari
Sorry what past El Classico are you talking about? We thrashed you guys ass back to back during the last El Classico played at the Supercopa and Ronaldo came in to light you people's ass, before he was given a red card.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by breko(m): 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2017
u all wil b sayin. Messi single handedly. took argentinal to d world cup, like it has not been done before by d man cr7, 2013 against Sweden, go look it up

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by januzaj(m): 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2017
Icon79:
Thank you, my broad!

It only becomes based on the silverwares won when it favors Cristiano Ronaldo. Real Madrid and FIFA has corrupted and politicized the game so much that it's not fun any more.

O pari

Typical Barca fan
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by DancingSkeleton(m): 7:53pm On Dec 07, 2017
internationalman:

odoyo which year ronaldo win him first?

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by expialidocious: 7:53pm On Dec 07, 2017
internationalman:
Since when did d Ballon d'or become a team award. Why didn't a player from Liverpool win it in 2005, Why didn't a player from Man Utd win it in 2008 Why didn't a player from Chelsea win it in 2012, why didn't a player from Inter Milan want it in 2010 why didn't a player from Bayern Munich win it in 2013
A player from Man Utd won it in 2008- CRISTIANO Ronaldo

6 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by MickyBlaq2: 7:53pm On Dec 07, 2017
spy24:

So he should win the balloon because of that ?
balloon??... They are not at a Christmas Party Wake up bro....
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2017
internationalman:

You worry oooo abeg me leave me to be praying over cr7 stop distracting me.enemy
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Icon79(m): 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2017
Supa Copa is a meaningless tournament. I was talking about the last real El Classico at Santigo Bernbeau .... when Messi broke y'all hearts and showed you his Number to remember him by grin grin grin

O pari

Dottune:
Sorry what past El Classico are you talking about? We thrashed you guys ass back to back during the last El Classico played at the Supercopa and Ronaldo came in to light you people's ass, before he was given a red card.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by internationalman(m): 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2017
Icon79:
Thank you, my broad!

O pari

I tire oh.
some one that started scoring in February after 6 month the season started.
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 7:55pm On Dec 07, 2017
DancingSkeleton:
odoyo which year ronaldo win him first?

The guy worry too much ..this award dey pain am as if he is messi agent grin
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Sanchez01: 7:55pm On Dec 07, 2017
I don't understand who gave Lewandowski hope that he would go home with the award tonight grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by JSMMUYIWA(m): 7:55pm On Dec 07, 2017
Icon79:
If Ballon D'or is given to the best player in the world then there's no way Leo Messi shouldn't had won it from 2008 to present. It shouldn't even be a contest in any way, shape, or form. These days, all these awards have become a popularity contest and it doesn't even have meaning any more. Think about it, unlike in the past, most people are not even aware that Ballon D'or is being awarded today neither do they care! This is because Real Madrid and the fake Ronaldo has damaged the awards and their credibility with their politics.

O pari
I no fit laugh o....
Obviously you are a Barca fan.
The same Ronaldo,that's always been worried in a negative way by the media?
Quite interesting......
What a way of analysing things!!
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Dottune(m): 7:56pm On Dec 07, 2017
Icon79:
Thank you, my broad!

O pari

WTF are you saying when Messi won Balon dor, the season that Snijder was obviously the best player, he won the champions league with Inter Milan and got to the final of the World Cup. On what basis did Messi win it over him?

3 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by spy24(m): 7:56pm On Dec 07, 2017
Icon79:

O pari

RONALDO was better than messi last season and he was at Center of every thing Madrid did last season
Same messi that could not do any thing against juve was who RONALDO scored two against in the final a hatrick against atletico and bayern and u are saying. He doesn't worth it besides if u think tap in is easy go and ask lukaku

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 07, 2017
grin
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 7:57pm On Dec 07, 2017
oloriLFC:
can only remember Peter Crouch and Shakiri 4 now
even myself as a great Liverpool fan I could have only named Peter crouch. I hate to keep note of history concerning average players. Lolz

*edited

O_o my 100th post. Right on track

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho Wins Leicester City 2020-21 Goal Of The Season Award (Photos) / John Terry And Roberto Carlos Arrive Lagos For Exhibition Game / Oshoala, Michelle Alozie & Uchenna Kanu Holidaying In Lagos (Pics & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.