Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself (3181 Views)

Want To Own A Movie Downloading Site / When Adsense Keeps Rejecting Your Site / Check Out This Wonderful Blog I Created From Scratch With My Tecno L9 Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by kay29000(m): 1:20pm On Dec 07, 2017
Help!!! My Tecno W2 phone keeps downloading apps by itself. Could it be a virus? What can I do? It mostly download games. I went to bed yesterday with 1259mb, and woke up to 152mb. I did 1.5 gig subscription when I ran out of data this morning, Now the 1500mb is down to 400mb.

Funny ads just keep popping up on my screen. HELP!!! Someone help me. Lol!
Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 07, 2017

1 Like

Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by duduade: 1:25pm On Dec 07, 2017
Spiritual deliverance for the phone niyen
Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by kay29000(m): 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2017
DigitOnline:
Might be 'infected'...

Hmm! I guess I need to flash it, right?
Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by kay29000(m): 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2017
duduade:
Spiritual deliverance for the phone niyen

Lol!
Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by sparklezeee: 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2017
it's virus, try to get a good anti virus and stop downloading indiscriminately from unsafe sites

1 Like

Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by kay29000(m): 1:47pm On Dec 07, 2017
sparklezeee:
it's virus, try to get a good anti virus and stop downloading indiscriminately from unsafe sites

Yeah, I stopped downloading indiscriminately like two weeks ago. Those mobile movie sites most have given my phone the virus.

Now, the issue is which anti virus to download. Cos, honestly, some of those antivirus are like virus.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by kay29000(m): 3:07pm On Dec 07, 2017
I need more suggestions. Thanks.
Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by naijatechgist: 4:08pm On Dec 07, 2017
it's malware...
go to your phones settings and restrict background data. then go to apps and search for any suspicious app that you didn't install yourself and uninstall it... or just flash the phone...
Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by kay29000(m): 7:11pm On Dec 07, 2017
naijatechgist:
it's malware...
go to your phones settings and restrict background data. then go to apps and search for any suspicious app that you didn't install yourself and uninstall it... or just flash the phone...

Okay. Thanks a lot. I will try what you said. If it doesn't work, I will flash the phone.
Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by sparklezeee: 9:16pm On Dec 07, 2017
kay29000:

Yeah, I stopped downloading indiscriminately like two weeks ago. Those mobile movie sites most have given my phone the virus.

Now, the issue is which anti virus to download. Cos, honestly, some of those antivirus are like virus.

I use cm security, like someone said try to restrict background data and check for suspicious app

1 Like

Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by kay29000(m): 9:17pm On Dec 07, 2017
sparklezeee:

I use cm security, like someone said try to restrict background data and check for suspicious app

Yeah.. I did that and it worked. Thanks to that guy.
Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by kay29000(m): 9:17pm On Dec 07, 2017
naijatechgist:
it's malware...

It worked. Thanks a million. I'm so grateful.
Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by naijatechgist: 9:00am On Dec 08, 2017
kay29000:

It worked. Thanks a million. I'm so grateful.
you welcome...

1 Like

Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by Mobsync(m): 9:32am On Dec 09, 2017
I think there's a rogue app on your phone. Check the apps you recently downloaded.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by kay29000(m): 9:42am On Dec 09, 2017
Mobsync:
I think there's a rogue app on your phone. Check the apps you recently downloaded.

That was my thought to, but I did factory reset, which is meant to remove all the apps and whatever other stuffs I downloaded, but the problem still persisted. Then I restricted background data, and the problem was solved.
Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by droopyd: 9:59pm On Dec 09, 2017
After seeing similar complains from Tecno W2 owners, I've deduced that the phone ships with the malware. I have flash several Stock ROMS from different sources and the same thing happens. The malware shows up as Chromes, Mail, Settings or Facebook in app manager and no matter how many times you uninstall them (or Flash the phone), they keep coming back. Antivirus software don't do much about them either.
Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by kay29000(m): 7:32am On Dec 10, 2017
droopyd:
After seeing similar complains from Tecno W2 owners, I've deduced that the phone ships with the malware. I have flash several Stock ROMS from different sources and the same thing happens. The malware shows up as Chromes, Mail, Settings or Facebook in app manager and no matter how many times you uninstall them (or Flash the phone), they keep coming back. Antivirus software don't do much about them either.

So very true. Especially Facebook App. It keeps coming back. Also, chrome just keeps duplicating itself. I guess as you said, Tecno W2 comes with a special type of Virus. Lol! Thanks for your comment.
Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by superkoolkat(m): 12:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oga go and throw that nonsense away
Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by finofaya: 6:45am On Jan 26, 2018
I had the same problem on my Tecno W2. I had to install malwarebytes, an anti malware app, and it identified something called "triads" trojan. What I saw on the internet about triada made me lock the phone away and get another one.

http://securityaffairs.co/wordpress/61467/malware/triada-trojan-android-smartphones.html

https://www.kaspersky.com/about/press-releases/2016_kaspersky-lab-discovers-triada-a-mobile-trojan-invading-android-s-brains
Re: Help, My Tecno Android Phone Keeps Downloading Apps By Itself by adestay(m): 7:47am On Feb 18, 2019
I think this is a general problem with all W2

(1) (Reply)

Hp Elitebook 8560p Review / Hot Topic/featured Links For Phpbb Or Mybb Forum Script / Blogs Other Than The Entertainment Niche - Drop Your Url

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.