Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? (10257 Views)

Worst Jamb Score Of 2022. Reward For Laziness � What Made Him Score So Low Will / 12 Wrong English Sentences And Phrases You Have Been Making In Ignorance / 13 Grammatical Mistakes That Instantly Reveal People's Ignorance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Gbadagba: 8:03am On Dec 08, 2017
Every lazy person is ignorance but not all ignorant people are lazy so l can say laziness is worst
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by bettercreature(m): 8:04am On Dec 08, 2017
ofemigeorge:

Am to lazy to google it, if this statement is true. I think I will just ignore it, and assume you are writing out of point.
I am a psychologist,lazy people are the smartest in history it’s part of my studies,google it and I promise to give you 20k if you can prove me wrong
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Dollabiz: 8:08am On Dec 08, 2017
Ok
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by hush15: 8:20am On Dec 08, 2017
onemmanuel:
What is worse-- to be lazy or to be ignorant? Now, keep in mind that there are a buch of positives (capability to improve) and negatives for both. I'm curious to hear everyone's opinions!

For me, one is a prerequisite for the other. To be is the most ignorant thing to do. both has nothing good about them. What’s positive about being lazy or being ignorant when ignorance breeds laziness.

Either way jare, you will suffer, be cheated on and probably die by it sef if you don’t wake up on time. So it’s a lose lose situation.
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 08, 2017
onemmanuel:
What is worse-- to be lazy or to be ignorant? Now, keep in mind that there are a buch of positives (capability to improve) and negatives for both. I'm curious to hear everyone's opinions!

Stupidity.
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 08, 2017
@op must be at shiloh 2017.
Pst oyedepo jr preached on wisdom and discipline yesterday. Ignorance & lazinessare both bad.
An ignorant man is blind and walks in darkness, destined to perish. He needs knowledge which is one of the things dt will give him wisdom (application of knowledge).

However u cant walk in wisdom without discipline.

Doesnt matter what u know, a lazy man and an ignorant man will always be in d same level in life. undecided
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Kobicove(m): 8:26am On Dec 08, 2017
Ignorance is worse
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by MCzubby247(m): 8:33am On Dec 08, 2017
onemmanuel:
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Fuckadict(m): 8:33am On Dec 08, 2017
wwwtortoise:
Ignorance is a disease
Laziness is a state of mind; it only requires a slight push or motivation.
It is better to be lazy than to be ignorant.

what is the scientific name for this disease?
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by jaxxy(m): 8:38am On Dec 08, 2017
onemmanuel:

Ignorance obviously
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 08, 2017
Ignorance is worse.
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by dirtyhokage(m): 8:39am On Dec 08, 2017
It's only ignorance that would lead to laziness naw....they are not on same level....infact the only evil in this world is "IGNORANCE"

1 Like

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by sotall(m): 8:44am On Dec 08, 2017
To judge which is worse, A man that is hardworking (i.e not lazy) but ignorant will keep doing something in the wrong path without success.

But a man with the right information that is lazy can still find out how to be successful the lazy way
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Divinecosmas(m): 9:14am On Dec 08, 2017
One thing leads to another if I'm asked. At the first place I think it's only laziness that can make one ignorant of what they should know because they don't work towards getting them known.
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 08, 2017
ibedun:

Why do people NEED to be a Billionaire?
I don't understand it?

Why do you need empty mansions and unused parked expensive cars all over the place? Why do you need a 30 bedroom houses around town?

Answer after critical thoughts please, thanks.

first tell me, will you reject a billion naira?

I guess not, it is the same reason why people make successful people they mentors and ignore failure.
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by tosyne2much(m): 9:17am On Dec 08, 2017
ibedun:

You have just described 90% of AFRICANS including the thieving elites. IGNORAMUSES!
That's it ooo my brother.. Even education sometimes doesn't cure ignorance in this part of the world. No be graduate dey tell me say aircraft no fit fly without juju cheesy Meaning, na juju oyinbo man cast for aeroplane before e go fit fly.

Superstitions, witches and wizards don join hands ruin this country
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Ojuororun(m): 9:18am On Dec 08, 2017
ofemigeorge:
Laziness will make you ignorant to read, act on and follow up. Laziness is talked about most of the time in the Bible.
when someone is ignrant and lazy, and does not want to lean, that means the person must be a fool forever.
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by DMathematical: 9:19am On Dec 08, 2017
I guess the question is not complete. however, let's be systematic here:

1) To be ignorant and hardworking is a terrible combination. In fact people like that are very dangerous!

2) To be lazy and knowledgeable is very ok. In fact people like that control a lot of things.

1 Like

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Tonytonex(m): 9:23am On Dec 08, 2017
IGNORANCE. I hate it with passion. It kills fastter. " my people perished for..."
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Tonytonex(m): 9:27am On Dec 08, 2017
DMathematical:
I guess the question is not complete. however, let's be systematic here:

1) To be ignorant and hardworking is a terrible combination. In fact people like that are very dangerous!

2) To be lazy and knowledgeable is very ok. In fact people like that control a lot of things.
IT IS NOT A MATHS QUESTION OH..

1 Like

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 08, 2017
Ignorance can ruin a man's life sad. What makes it worse is when he staunchly believes he's on the right path.

1 Like

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Tunks2017(m): 9:34am On Dec 08, 2017
Ignorance is definitely worse off shocked
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by ibedun: 9:39am On Dec 08, 2017
Ezechinwa:

first tell me, will you reject a billion naira?

I guess not, it is the same reason why people make successful people they mentors and ignore failure.

I said answer after some critical thinking....... Can you please do that? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by bobkezel(m): 9:51am On Dec 08, 2017
A lazy person can still work smart to achieve his/her goals while still lazy, but an ignorant person wouldn't know what to do, he can't work smart.
Me for example, i am very lazy, but I am a big time opportunist and I am smart at it.

1 Like

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by spinna: 9:52am On Dec 08, 2017
This is a good mental question..ignorance or laziness? I say ignorance is worse..

those labourers you see on the road pushing truck are not "lazy" they are only ignorant as to how to better their means through other means.

Learning, reading, asking questions, researching everyday is a great way to live life.

A "lazy" mindset can even make one rich as it makes u to think of minimal stress (hopefully legit)ways to get rich

1 Like

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 08, 2017
Laziness = Ignorance; Rhetorically, Laziness and Ignorance are complementary, synonymous and consequential to one another. To be ignorant is being lazy to knowledge...To be lazy is being ignorant to knowledge

1 Like

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Reference(m): 10:12am On Dec 08, 2017
Ignorance. My people perish for lack of knowledge..... not lack of effort. The world today is run by ideas not strength. You wake at 4am everyday to service the ideas of those who wake by noon. One gram of inspiration is worth a ton of perspiration. We know Dangote the cement maker not Danjuma the cement offloader.....Nigerians are very hardworking....see our country. Someone will wake up at 3am on election day in 2019, hustle to get in the queue, wait in the sun all day....then vote in the devil to torment him for the next four years....see them busy all over Nairaland... destroying their own destinies with great vigour.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Guyman02: 10:17am On Dec 08, 2017
All suicide bombers are ignorant and not lazy, because you need strength to carry explosives rapped around your body or in a truck. Ignorants are a danger to the society while laziness is a state of mind which can be changed with a little push from the right people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by AdeniyiA(m): 10:19am On Dec 08, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
Ignorance.
There is no greater misfortune....
An ignorant man who will toil from jan to december, from post to pole and not make any headway.. Untill someone pops out to help.

All it takes for a knowledgeable lazy guy to do is to turn up, show d hardworking dumbass what he is to do to get it right, and then collects his percentage without breaking a sweat.
...good point but dont you think acquiring knowledge is hardwork?
Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by babadee1(m): 10:21am On Dec 08, 2017
Ignorance and laziness there is no difference between the two. For you to be truly ignorant in this day and age where knowledge is all around you must be lazy. And for you to be lazy you must be ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by AdeniyiA(m): 10:21am On Dec 08, 2017
Follysho707:
Laziness = Ignorance; Rhetorically, Laziness and Ignorance are complementary, synonymous and consequential to one another. To be ignorant is being lazy to knowledge...To be lazy is being ignorant to knowledge
Thumbs up...my thought exactly.
They are interwoven

2 Likes

Re: Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 08, 2017
Adeyemi0:
laziness is worse... it's not even up for debate.

I doubt you have some basis for that statement. IGNORANCE is death to Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding.. A Yahoo-boy can be termed lazy but he is not ignorant.. he knows non-hardworking ways to make money.. an Ignorant Man is a complete fool who cannot make use of an opportunity be it laid on a platter or inherited

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

School Fees At The University Of Ibadan: / Efcc Seizes Four Properties From Provost Over Alleged N359m Fraud / What Seceondary School Did You Go To? (in Nigeria Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.