Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania (26251 Views)

Poll: Who is to blame?

Nigerians are mostly to blame: often fraudulent.: 50% (30 votes)
Tanzanians are mostly to blame: too intolerant.: 49% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Checkout Africa’s First Underwater Hotel In Tanzania / How Is Life In Tanzania? / Welcome To Tanzania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by baby4u2(f): 7:41am On Feb 27, 2007
@9ja4eva, yeah i believe a positive image will give less room for this rubbish. on some previous post someone was comparing americans and the likes, the fact is that no one can insult an American on their land or off their land because they have built respect for themselves. Its never to late to get there.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by 9ja4eva: 7:54am On Feb 27, 2007
Yeah cos American citizens r proud n dey never want to hear the wrongs of their Country.Thats good enough and i look forward to a better Nigeria with dedicated Citizens.I cant stand anyone say anything bad abt 9ja cos am so so inlove with the Country.I hope we start defending our Country soon as that wld go a long way in redeeming our Image.We shld be proud to say stuff like :

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by Leps05(m): 7:56am On Feb 27, 2007
Check this out my people.i know some people have seen it before. But, this might help some of us feel better.Ignore the first few moments of the clip.Enjoy!
javascript:ol('http://www.youtube.com/watch?v%3dguk6vW_BrXM%26amp;mode%3drelated%26amp;search%3d');
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by aynaija(m): 8:38am On Feb 27, 2007
Guys, you are all right but I think we have to admit we are equally the ones painting the wrong image of ourselves; I do not put any blame on anyone though, it's the state of our economy that has made these people what they have become- we'll only be the same if we were in their shoes! Many Nigerians try to survive by any means because the country does not provide for them the opportunity to work and grow and this has given the country a very wrong image. I also think we should not let all these get to us because we know ''those people'' who are trying to make us look bad about ourselves are in no way better than us; Nigerians are smart, they have a problem with it and there aint nothing they can do about it! I have a hope that someday, Nigeria and Nigerians will stand celebrated in the community of nations, it's only a matter of time and it all depens on us. I'm sorry to hear your story Father, it's really heartbreaking to see an African do that to a fellow brother. It's only a challenge for us to resolve to build a better Nigeria and continent. We'll get there!
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by youngies(m): 12:44pm On Feb 27, 2007
@People

The solution to our image problem lies within, and not only that, it is in the hands of this young generation to make the difference. I am not in for 'tit for tat'. They are several ways of killing a rat without spilling its blood!

Let us all from here resolve to be fair in all our dealings, while mounting pressures on our leaders to be firm and responsive.

Let us network, form alliances in order to challenge stoutly this ugly trend wherever it rears its urgly head.

Together we can restore the diginity of our dear mother land. This I believe
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by Gamine(f): 5:13pm On Feb 27, 2007
Solution:

All Nigerians
yansh down in Naija
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by akara(m): 6:15pm On Feb 27, 2007
LOL, shocked

Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda, Zimbabwe ok, You guys should try applying for a visa or new passport at the Nigerian Embassy in Berlin. You pay 350.00 euros suffer humiliation and hours waiting for one. If you dont leave in Berlin include a train fare of about 150.00 euros and a night at least in a hotel, and we are Nigerians.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by kelvin(m): 6:32pm On Feb 27, 2007
It's not like Nigeria, is the only country with problems, but if our leaders pay more attention to the humiliation meted out to Nigerians round the world, I think the insults will reduce.

Afterall, Iranians still travel to the US without this sort of harrasment,
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by sexynes(f): 6:48pm On Feb 27, 2007
My people please, the goal here is unity not disunity. We know that we are the giant of Africa but that doesn't mean we should treat other countries with disdain. I know that the Tanzanians are wrong for their policies and decisions but it's time we took matters into our own hands. We cannot just sit down complaining that the government is not doing anything. Fine, we know the government is not doing anything but what are we doing about it. There are Nigerians outside doing things to build the US, the UK and other countries but doing nothing for their own country. It's because they've lost hope in Nigeria but we are the ones to rebuild Nigeria. I've given up on the generation of my parents because they are tired and they don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I see a light and i know that there are other people out there that see this light too. The solution is to try and educate ourselves. Many of our people are illiterate when it comes to the policies that affect us. We need to know these things in order to make a change. There is no way we can make a difference if all we do is complain to one another. We need to be complaining to the people that we know can change things. The solution definitely does not involve treating the Tanzanians with the same disrespect. We are better than that and we cannot stoop to their level.

@ youngies

I completely agree with your comments. That is the only way to make sure that we can effect a change.
Don't forget what Gandhi said: "Be the change you want to see in the world."
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by sexynes(f): 6:52pm On Feb 27, 2007
Hey guys,
Check this link out. Just a little positive encouragement for those of us interested in taking care of our own:

http://www.positivepath.net/ideasMA11.asp
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by monkeyleg: 7:37pm On Feb 27, 2007
Sad sad story, but very true. Nigerian go thru this sort of rubbish everyday for being Nigerian. I have even suffered the same in the hands of the British (Closet Racists). The way out of all this is good leadership that understands how to take care of its people and its own, and how to defend her citizens when need be.

We can right this wrong by voting the right people in the forth-coming elections. People with vision, a heart for Nigerians and great sense of purpose. Leaders that know how to serve thier people. Believe me "gabbage in, gabbage out"

Have a look at the thread "Pat Utomi for President"
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by egoldman(m): 7:46pm On Feb 27, 2007
The solution definitely does not involve treating the Tanzanians with the same disrespect. We are better than that and we cannot stoop to their level.
The solution certainly involves treating Tanzanian citizens in the same manner that the Reverend Father was treated even if they are as innocent as him.
Check history and see that nations has been standing up to defend innocent citizens of their countries any time they are being unfairly treated .When Georgia arrested Russian officers on suspicion of spying we all know how Russia reacted and we also know how fast they were released ,what u are trying to say here is that Nigerian government should just keep calm when the Reverend Father had not committed any crime and yet was treated with such contempt,no mister that is not how things work in the modern world ,why did America attack japan after pearl harbor was attacked ? maybe they should have followed your Gandhi ways and turned the other cheek angry angry angry

It's not like Nigeria, is the only country with problems, but if our leaders pay more attention to the humiliation meted out to Nigerians round the world, I think the insults will reduce.After all, Iranians still travel to the US without this sort of harassments
[/quote],

Now someone is talking more sensibly grin grin grin

[quote]I am not in for 'tit for tat'.
I am for tit for tat ,its the most effective way through which the Tanzanian government would be made to get people like the hopeless immigration officer to mend their ways angry angry angry angry

Let us all from here resolve to be fair in all our dealings, while mounting pressures on our leaders to be firm and responsive.

The Reverend father was resolved to be fair in his dealings with the Tanzanian immigration and we know what he got from that ,so while i accept that to resolve to be fair in our dealings is a good thing ,i refuse to accept that its the only way to solve this problem ,heck that reverend father was being fair ,but the immigration officer was bent on punishing him for crimes he didn't commit ,how hard is this injustice to be understood ? if 1000 fair Nigerians should pass that immigration officer ,that means they would all face the same collective punishment ?
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by igbonla(m): 11:35am On Feb 28, 2007
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by snapDragon: 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2007
Will we, will as nigerians ever know peace? To live here na wahala (high cost of living, bad govt, no security, etc). To live outside naija na problem. Now our "fellow africans" reject us despite what we've done in past & present to further stability on the continent. Are we all that bad? I used to think this shit was confined to bloody South Africa but e bi like say its now universal. Is there anywhere safe for a son/daugther of the naija soil again. GOD, what a mess!!
Will this generation survive? Will there be another?
Gentlemen & ladies, the end is near, We MUST all WAKE THE F****K UP & prevent it from consuming us all. VOTE WELL come APRIL.
Fight for hope, the positive way forward & ur very existence, both home & abroad against those who would steal it from us.
Only then will our image change & we'll be welcomed back into the bossom of the world community. Forget racism, xenophobia & all that shite. Know this, We are all to partly BLAME for our present plight. Our leader have disaapointed us but who put them there in the 1st place & gave them the support & crony loyalty. Selfish is what we are People!!!!

WAKE UP!!! cool
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by olawa20(m): 3:27pm On Feb 28, 2007
How many countries are we going to start treating badly because they treat our nationals badly. Even Wole Soyinka was given a similar treatment in South Africa a few years back, he was detained at the airport for several hours. He was invited by the Mandelas to deliver a lecture; it took their personal intervention to bring about his release.

While our leaders must take action now and begin to demand for more respect from other African countries, they also must start taking action against those giving us a bad name. Nigeria is not the only bad country, agreed, but we have such a large population that it takes just a tiny fraction of us to give us a bad name. And we must constantly work to ensure that we discourage those few.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by egoldman(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28, 2007
ok soyinka was arrested in south Africa cos he is Nigerian and so all Nigerians are 419,now think about this ,if shakira who is from Colombia would be traveling to southafrica,would she be arrested cos most cocaine in the world originates from Colombia and they have some of the most brutal drug mafians there ?
until we condemn collective punishments .all our other efforts to solve this issue would be useless ,am man should not suffer for what he didn't do , that has never been a justifiable way of responding to a problem .
OBJ if he has some regards to any honest nigerian citizen ,should ask the Tanzanian government to explain what the reverend father has done that would warrant him to be treated like that ,if you don't treat what is your with respect ,then an outsider would treat it like a shit .
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by monkeyleg: 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2007
The answer to this problem is good government. The most important decision that should be facing Nigerians here and abroud should be the forth-coming elections. We must all go out and vote for change. Put people there that know what they are doing, or I can assure you the sort of threatment we are receiving now would be increased 1o fold. Nigerians must wake up to the truth and act.

God Bless us all
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by 9ja4eva: 6:08am On Mar 01, 2007
youngies:

@People

The solution to our image problem lies within, and not only that, it is in the hands of this young generation to make the difference. I am not in for 'tit for tat'. They are several ways of killing a rat without spilling its blood!

Let us network, form alliances in order to challenge stoutly this ugly trend wherever it rears its urgly head.

Together we can restore the diginity of our dear mother land. This I believe

Right so ao do we get started den?Not a bad idea to start from ere though.Am all ears
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by deledele: 10:09pm On Mar 01, 2007
The problem with Nigeria has always been our leaders who don,t care about the ordinary common man. They only care about how much money they can embezzle from the government purse. Our leaders need to start doing the right thing; they see how other governments in the western world functions. angry angry
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by Sean85: 1:22am On Mar 03, 2007
The whole thing is really pathetic. I don't blame our fellow Africans that are been brain-washed by the "westerners" I only hope that they can see what they're doing to our precious continate. I know its the United States that are sending the message arros the world that we Nigerians are maniacs, but lets not forget that they (Americans and the British) are the one that found us to start with. They stole everything from us and enslaved our brothers. They left their goddam europe to kill all the Idians and took everything from them and now they wanna turns against eachother. Comon fellas, lets not let this assholes empose their hatred and selfishness on us. Comon y'all, can't y'all see it? The whole world ain't enough that they wanna conqure us too. So my fellow Africans do not hate Tanzania or Kenya for their action, rather pray that God will save us from these assholes.

GOD BLESS AFRICA
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by 9ja4eva: 5:41am On Mar 03, 2007
Those Countries cnt stand 9ja so am not vexed.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by mushki: 6:02pm On Mar 03, 2007
I left my country, (not tz), with great respect for nigerians eg wole soyinka, chinua etc - that's what we read in school, then i came abroad and that went down the drain. Of all the naija men ive met only two actually have known sources of income. the rest are in "business". Their women are very hard working and enterprising. There is nothing wrong with magendo(craftiness) here and there to make a buck but naija men are too much.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by olawa20(m): 7:09pm On Mar 03, 2007
mushki:

I left my country, (not tz), with great respect for nigerians eg wole soyinka, chinua etc - that's what we read in school, then i came abroad and that went down the drain. Of all the naija men ive met only two actually have known sources of income. the rest are in "business". Their women are very hard working and enterprising. There is nothing wrong with magendo(craftiness) here and there to make a buck but naija men are too much.
another "tanzanian"
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by 9ja4eva: 11:46pm On Mar 03, 2007
LOL.Probably
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by egoldman(m): 3:06am On Mar 04, 2007
mushki:

So where are u from ? angry
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by 9ja4eva: 5:48am On Mar 04, 2007
?
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by baby4u2(f): 6:47am On Mar 04, 2007
@mushki, u said all the Nigerian's you know except two are into "business" a.k.a 419, can you be specific, how many nigerian's in particular do you know? so that other stereotypes will not start thinking that only two nigerian's out of millions of nigerian's are doing Honest work.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by egoldman(m): 9:12am On Mar 04, 2007
unless we have accepted that collective punishment is right in a case like this ,i would always say that responding to Tanzanian in kind measure is one of the most effective ways or solving this matter .
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by 9ja4eva: 6:27am On Mar 05, 2007
Dnt tink so.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by egoldman(m): 9:43am On Mar 05, 2007
so continue turning the other cheek ok ? do u know that even if ribadu with his efforts with efcc ,if he would go to that same border that asshole of a custom would still treat him same way he did to the reverend .
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by 9ja4eva: 4:42am On Mar 06, 2007
They definitely cant do that to Ribadu.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by egoldman(m): 7:12am On Mar 06, 2007
why not ? he has no respect for the reverend father ,what makes u think he would have for ribadu ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Container Truck Falls On Honda Accord, Near Lagos (PHOTOS) / Tanker Explosion Around MCC-Abayi In Aba This Morning (Photos) / Is The Lagos BRT Lane Underutilized? (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.