Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,351 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) (39069 Views)

U.K. Police Officer Arrested Lady, Raped Her, Burnt & Dumped Her Body In Pond / Lady Dies After Lover Stabbed Her Over Condoms In Her Bag / I Transferred N280k & N300k From My Mother's Account To Mine Via Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by dre11(m): 6:10am On Dec 08, 2017
By Taiwo Jimoh

A beautiful 21-year-old lady, Miss Tawa Oshunuga, has allegedly killed herself after her lover of four years, called off their relationship via a phone call.

The deceased, a makeup artist, was said to have been shocked after the phone call.
The incident occurred on Monday, less than 24 hours after she returned from a weekend with her lover.

According to eye witnesses, Oshunuga was with friends, when the call from hell came. She allegedly checked the call and realised it was her lover.

She excused herself from her friends and picked the call. After that phone call, nobody was precisely sure of what happened.

The next news people heard was that Oshunuga bought a Snipper, a local insecticide, drank it and died.

Our correspondent gathered that after she drank the insecticide, she called her mother, who sells pepper at Alarape Market and begged her to come home. She told the woman that she was having excruciating stomach pains.

One of her friends, Tanwa Adekunle described the death of Oshunuga as mystifying.
Adekunle said: “Tawa was with her boyfriend throughout Saturday and Sunday. When she returned from her guy’s place on Sunday, she didn’t go straight home. She came to play with us. We joked with her that she had gone to satisfy herself.

We told her to go home and see her mother. Her mother had already come to ask about her from us. The mother knew we were close friends in the community. But we didn’t tell her that Tawa went to her boyfriend’s house. The mother needed Tawa on that Sunday to assist her in the market.”

According to Adekunle, Tawa was still playing with her friends on that Sunday when she received the fateful phone call from her lover. Immediately she received the call, her mood and countenance changed.

She told her friends that she was going back to her lover’ place. It was believed that she went home after leaving her lover’s place.

Adekunle said: “We gathered that when she got home, her mother was already in the market. It was after she drank the snipper that she called her mother to come home quickly. She told her mother she was feeling serious stomach pains.

“When her mother got home, Tawa was on the floor, writhing in pains. The mother immediately called some of their neighbours and they rushed her to a private hospital.”

Another friend, who identified herself simply as Jummy said: “It was in the process of trying to take her to hospital, they discovered a bottle of snipper beside her. It was then people realized that she poisoned herself. At the hospital, doctor referred her to Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja, where she was pronounced dead on arrival. That was how we lost our friend.”

It was after Tawa died that news filtered out, that she allegedly had a breakup with her boyfriend.
When our correspondent visited the deceased’s come, sympathizers were seen, paying condolence visit and consoling her grieving mother.

The deceased was described by some residents as a gentle and easy going person.

Mr. Tunji Adio, a resident in the community said that the deceased was like a daughter to him.

Adio added: “I was not around when the incident happened. It was after I returned, around 10am on Monday that my wife informed me about the death of the girl. Till date, I fail to see or understand why a promising lady like Tawa would commit suicide.

“I and some landlords in the community have called and informed her father about the incident. The man had been crying nonstop, saying that it was not his daughter that died.
The deceased was the first child of her mother, and the only female child.”

Adio added: “I hope other young ladies learn one or two things from the death of Tawa. Infatuation is not love. Tawa is dead, but her boyfriend is alive and well and would one day marry another woman.”

Our correspondent was stopped from speaking with the deceased’s mother by some family members. These family members insisted that the woman should be left alone to mourn her daughter.

The distraught mother, who was seen weeping, was addressed by those who came to visit as Iya Tawa. But the woman refused to be comforted as she wailed loudly and urged people around her to wake Tawa from her sleep. She told them that she thought such crowd would come to her home on Tawa’s wedding day.

The incident had been reported at the Alade Police Station, Somolu, Lagos, after she was brought back from the hospital. She was buried at Atan cemetery.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/12/lady-drinks-poison-lover-jilts-via-phone/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by purem(m): 6:16am On Dec 08, 2017
when a girl finally fall in love with you

Mhen there's nothing she can do

Yhu've automaticactually become part of her....

All my blames goes to da puzzy cunt, he will never meet someone like tawa till he dies

And to d Igbos da wil wail on dis thread.........

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by ibkkk(f): 6:16am On Dec 08, 2017
Tawa,bet why?

It wasn't worth it at all.

Life should continue after an heart break or a break up.It happens! I feel sad sad

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by magabounce(m): 6:19am On Dec 08, 2017
Eyah
Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by dKnackS(m): 6:26am On Dec 08, 2017
chai 21yars hold got sniped after a weekend of sexjual zarrisvaction... this one is definitely not zometin Light!

3 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by Sunkyboie(m): 6:26am On Dec 08, 2017
tawa why did u do this to ur mommo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:27am On Dec 08, 2017
Please, did she died after drinking the poison??
Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by MostBanned: 6:30am On Dec 08, 2017
AFonja

Drank poison like her Hero (Awolowo)

Rest in Peace Pieces undecided

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by Ishilove: 6:32am On Dec 08, 2017
Adio added: “I hope other young ladies learn one or two things from the death of Tawa. Infatuation is not love. Tawa is dead, but her boyfriend is alive and well and would one day marry another woman.”

This is very deep and profound. When you waste your life and put your family into agony because of a failed relationship, life will still continue for others. The world will keep moving while you rot in the grave.

Before contemplating suicide because a man or woman jilted you, please think of your parents and how much you will hurt them.

The pain of heart break is temporary but death is permanent.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by duduade: 6:36am On Dec 08, 2017
Issa painful something but stupid move

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by ehbellsho(m): 6:39am On Dec 08, 2017
STUPIDITY! Instead of u to rebrand n repackage yourself i anoda incomin 'catch'.
What a life waster

7 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by Samusu(m): 6:40am On Dec 08, 2017
Wawuya, wereycious

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by purem(m): 6:41am On Dec 08, 2017
ibkkk:
Tawa,bet why?

Life should continue after an heart break or a break up.It happens! I feel sad sad

romeo and Juliet started it..

After now yhu ppl wil stil b d 1 to ask if there stil exist d type of luv remeo and Juliet av 4 each other, buh in dis case only tawa has it

3 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by yanabazee: 7:18am On Dec 08, 2017
ibkkk:
Tawa,bet why?

It has never been that easy dealing with heartbreaks... trust me!

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by Archangel15: 7:31am On Dec 08, 2017
Afonjas and suicide these days.

2 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by donstan18: 7:35am On Dec 08, 2017
You walked up to her!
Asked her out!
Promised her love!
Twisted her brain!
Initially showed her love!
Then called her phone to break her heart!

Why not indirectly break up with her with strange attitude, than going undiluted.

Rip to the deceased.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by donstan18: 7:38am On Dec 08, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

25 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by Homeboiy: 7:40am On Dec 08, 2017
Dre11 and bad news be like bread n coke embarassed

Did she finally die sad
Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by Homeboiy: 7:41am On Dec 08, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

Stop disgracing us

If u can't type a good English ,use your local language undecided

24 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by Lalas247(f): 7:45am On Dec 08, 2017
Classic case of a weak Chic

Drinking poison for the deek cry warashame too bad ... Just imagine trying suicide for community deek . God forbid undecided
Dre11 is she alive....

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:54am On Dec 08, 2017
Where people learn this stupidity is what i don't understand

2 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by ibkkk(f): 9:08am On Dec 08, 2017
yanabazee:

It has never been that easy dealing with heartbreaks... trust me!

Not easy at all...Nothing in this world justifies SUICIDE.

4 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by MhizzAJ(f): 9:14am On Dec 08, 2017
I'm not understanding
Because of a man undecided

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by Raph01: 9:34am On Dec 08, 2017
Dre11 I where U dey see all dese ur bad news nah?? undecided undecided
Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by habsydiamond(m): 9:35am On Dec 08, 2017
she wouldn't have killed herself if had it at the back of her mind that there are better guys out there....she accepted defeat just like that...I pity her spirit.....cos it has been said that don't take the life I can not give....

2 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by yarimo(m): 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
no she drink the poison after she was dead

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by Islie: 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2017
cc lalasticlala...

such a stupid thing to do at this age...
Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by dollyjoy(f): 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
purem:
when a girl finally fall in love with you

Mhen there's nothing she can do

Yhu've automaticactually become part of her....

All my blames goes to da puzzy cunt, he will never meet someone like tawa till he dies

And to d Igbos da wil wail on dis thread.........
Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by NLevents: 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
Suicide is never the answer to anything. Instead of staying indoor thinking about your problems and sorrows, why don you just join us and have fun?

Few days to the Nairaland party 3.0

why would you want to miss out on so much fun ? Visit thread for more details https://www.nairaland.com/4153612/nairaland-get-together-party03
Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
Adios
Re: Makeup Artist Commits Suicide After Lover Dumped Her Via Phone Call (Photo) by johnstar(m): 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
Kk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Five Containers Laden With Rotten Fish, Other Edibles, Found In Apapa / How 'One Million Boys' Killed Man During Elections In Ibadan. Graphic Photos / Gunmen Kill Bolt Driver In Rivers, Steal His Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.