Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Letter To The Less Privileged, From Sassynigerian - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Letter To The Less Privileged, From Sassynigerian (2827 Views)

Who Will Save The Less-privileged? A New Ebook By Olaitan S. O. / THE LESS PRIVILEGED / Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To The Less Privileged, From Sassynigerian by TalkItalk: 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
www.anothernigerian.com

Hello darlings,

How are you all doing?. It’s a new month and I pray it brings you good tidings. Even though December doesn’t look as perfect as it used to be in times past, be positive and try to make the best out of it.

It’s the season of love. In as much as we try to preach and spread love,most persons may still feel some sort of neglect due to the disability they were born with or those they developed along the way. Probably your life was normal and everything seemed great, until that day when everything changed. There are days you wished you weren’t even conceived yet, maybe your fate would have been different. There are always people who make silly jokes about your condition and it gets under your skin.

Now,being disabled is not a crime, a sin or an abomination, it’s your attitude towards it that that makes it awful. The society has made you believe that you deserve pity and alms from all and sundry like it’s your right. Because you lost an arm or both, a leg, or you are confined to a wheel chair due to a spinal injury for the rest of your life, it doesn’t make you inferior to anyone. Some of this “complete humans” may not even be a match to your IQ and that is your power. You sit at a corner comparing yourself to others, sometimes you created an idol out undeserving people. Blaming the government, your parents, your nurse will never get you out of your condition. You have to let go and let God. Let go of all that pain and rage in 2017.

You have to stop asking the WH questions, what if?, why me?. Begin to embrace your disability, see it as an opportunity(it could’ve been worse). Put that IQ to use, start thinking of another approach. Start an online or even a road side business. It’s the little beginnings that matter. Let people support your little effort willingly. With positivity comes healing, it might not be physical but you will feel an uplifting in your soul. Become a source of joy and help to that younger person around. Join a support group if any exists in your city. Always spread love and cultivate the habit of giving. We can all win together.

I see you, you are important, you are dearly loved!

Yours sincerely,
SassyNigerian.

For Another Nigerian's Blog

(in commemoration of the international day of disabled persons, December 3)

Source: http://anothernigerian.com/2017/12/letter-to-the-less-privileged-from-sassynigerian.html

6 Likes

Re: Letter To The Less Privileged, From Sassynigerian by TheHistorian(m): 7:25am On Dec 10, 2017
Nice Piece,very concise.
Re: Letter To The Less Privileged, From Sassynigerian by sakalisis(m): 7:26am On Dec 10, 2017
grin
Re: Letter To The Less Privileged, From Sassynigerian by kay29000(m): 7:27am On Dec 10, 2017
Nice.
Re: Letter To The Less Privileged, From Sassynigerian by BamBella(m): 7:27am On Dec 10, 2017
Excellent write up.

Everyone deserves love. As a matter of fact, it is our sole responsibility to recognize the importance of every person in the society regardless of their status.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter To The Less Privileged, From Sassynigerian by Trustme2(m): 7:38am On Dec 10, 2017
Good
Re: Letter To The Less Privileged, From Sassynigerian by swizzdre(m): 7:39am On Dec 10, 2017
Start a church
Re: Letter To The Less Privileged, From Sassynigerian by Ugoeze2016: 7:44am On Dec 10, 2017
Good one
Re: Letter To The Less Privileged, From Sassynigerian by Cosmore9(m): 8:02am On Dec 10, 2017
Nice one. Love over all things. Have a beautiful Sunday everyone and may God bless us all, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Less Privileged, From Sassynigerian by iambijo(m): 8:19am On Dec 10, 2017
Nice
Re: Letter To The Less Privileged, From Sassynigerian by Ichiebullion(m): 8:34am On Dec 10, 2017
Nice write up...

I’m confined to a wheelchair also but my IQ is hyper active.. you can google Stanzo3 collections and see how far I have gone... There is ability in all disabilities..
Just bought my car and will be getting married dis December to d lady that has been dere with me all this years...

3 Likes

Re: Letter To The Less Privileged, From Sassynigerian by ifyalways(f): 8:45am On Dec 10, 2017
Nice. . .

Being disabled does not make one less privileged though.
Re: Letter To The Less Privileged, From Sassynigerian by newsheriffintown: 10:34am On Dec 10, 2017
Ichiebullion:
Nice write up...

I’m confined to a wheelchair also but my IQ is hyper active.. you can google Stanzo3 collections and see how far I have gone... There is ability in all disabilities..
Just bought my car and will be getting married dis December to d lady that has been dere with me all this years...
Am happy for you and its great to see how far you've gone on your biz

(1) (Reply)

The Lost Love / Boy Adam Floats Headless In The Thames / How The Flesh Almost Ruin Him (true Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.