Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? (10177 Views)

How Did You React When You Noticed That You Can't Access Facebook, Whatsapp? / Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? - Pay / Have You Noticed That This Application Isn't On Playstore Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Explorers(m): 8:10pm On Dec 08, 2017
Every week i subscribe and consume 1GB - 2GB and that ive been doing for years.

But about a month now, i noticed 2GB exhausts in 3days or so.

I use UC mini browser, image quality medium.

No Instagram, Youtube, online movies or videos, and downloads.

Anybody experiencing this

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by EmperorHarry: 8:18pm On Dec 08, 2017
It's funny your just realising or might have seen signs but chosen to discard them
Ever since that NCC stuff,all networks have started doing data anyhow..best thing is night browsing,their data rates are still legit on that plan

8 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
It's so annoying

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Aldebaran(m): 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2017
Next time,check your data usage before and after a new subscription...

Uc mini is filled with useless notifications/try to disable it. grin

Check your settings for play store and other applications..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Bari22: 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
I don't like their data
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Explorers(m): 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2017
Aldebaran:

Next time,check your data usage before and after a new subscription...

Uc mini is filled with useless notifications/try to disable it. grin

Check your settings for play store and other applications..

Yes i disable the notifications

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2017
MTN na daylight unarmed robbers undecided

Thank God for Glo, I've been enjoying it for a very long time and I've never regretted doing so. I am Unlimited Man wink

9 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by RX480(m): 9:04pm On Dec 08, 2017
We have no decent ISPs in Nigeria, dem just dey do us anyhow undecided
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by prestigiouslady: 9:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
Thought I was the only one that noticed...1.5g didn't last me for 5days and the only app I use is whatsapp and Facebook...It has happened twice..
Unfortunately, my phone is programmed to work only with Mtn sim

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by olayinkajnr(m): 9:12pm On Dec 08, 2017
Stupid network. I stopped using them since last year December. I switched to Airtel. Their's is worst.

Switched to Glo and pitched my tent with them.

19 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by kalvoken(m): 10:14pm On Dec 08, 2017
Airtel is another thing entirely.

For over two days now, I can neither make call nor surf the net.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Oksman(m): 11:34pm On Dec 08, 2017
Explorers:
Every week i subscribe and consume 1GB - 2GB and that ive been doing for years.

But about a month now, i noticed 2GB exhausts in 3days or so.

I use UC mini browser, image quality medium.

No Instagram, Youtube, online movies or videos, and downloads.

Anybody experiencing this

Thought I was the only one being cheated. In fact I have subscribed to the weekly plans twice this week and have decided to dust up my airtel sim.

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by CakezbyMarie: 11:36pm On Dec 08, 2017
Yes, started over a month ago, data drains like there's no tomorrow n it is soo frustrating only empty hen works well here..

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by kennyonthrone(m): 11:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
I thought it was just me d thing tire me oo

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Harddiskng(m): 12:30am On Dec 09, 2017
I was just wondering about same thing today after receiving a notification “Yello, your data balance 190mb” shocked

1gb haff finish like play like play. Something wey just reach one week today and I purposely avoided “Youtube”.

Its now obvious that some shaddy business is taking place with mtn angry

4 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by duchez(m): 12:39am On Dec 09, 2017
I have noticed same too and it's so annoying. I was thinking of porting to Airtel but I can see some people complaining about them too. Glo network kuku dey slow. Which one person go come use now? Cos seriously, mtn is so annoying these days.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Dayoto: 12:58am On Dec 09, 2017
Explorers:

Yes i disable the notifications

kiss

Baba, this thing happened to me too, I had to port to etisalat/9mobile.

I can't kill myself because of browsing.

Me wey I barely eat two times daily self.

MTN and the owners are broad day RObbers...

4 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by adwem2003(m): 6:50am On Dec 09, 2017
They're deducting your data for receiving calls too. undecided

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Alvelt14(m): 7:21am On Dec 09, 2017
Even me that is good in managing data, before 1gb go dey last exactly one month before e finish, now I can't use that 1gb for more than a week.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Exjoker(m): 7:59am On Dec 09, 2017
Haha. I use Airtel so I can't tell...

1 Like

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Justanodadude: 8:19am On Dec 09, 2017
I used MTN I use 1200 sub for 1.5gb. I used only Whatsapp and Facebook sometimes chrome how can I be using 300mb in a day without downloading or streaming I na went to Airtel dere own beta small na 100mb per day with d same Whatsapp and Facebook to cut a long story short I weak for all dis suns cos why is it one month if it will not last 3 days.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Chukazu: 8:25am On Dec 09, 2017
prestigiouslady:
Thought I was the only one that noticed...1.5g didn't last me for 5days and the only app I use is whatsapp and Facebook...It has happened twice..
Unfortunately, my phone is programmed to work only with Mtn sim

It happened to me like four times in a row.

I dumped them for my Airtel line which lasted exactly one month,the day I wanted to renew I mistakenly bought another MTN Airtime instead of Airtel, I said let's see if probably they have changed their wicked way and I subscribed yet again

cry cry as I type the data has finished in less than 6days!

The last day am gonna use the shitty network

6 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Chukazu: 8:27am On Dec 09, 2017
duchez:
I have noticed same too and it's so annoying. I was thinking of porting to Airtel but I can see some people complaining about them too. Glo network kuku dey slow. Which one person go come use now? Cos seriously, mtn is so annoying these days.

Airtel is better mine lasted for one month ,even watched YouTube a few times

2 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by DEIFIED(m): 8:39am On Dec 09, 2017
Yello_thieves. Airtel is now gradualy acting like them. I have been using airtel for over 6 years, i must tell you i have notice some change in their operation this year. Why are all this ntwrk providers trying to milk us dry and frustrate us.
If you cry to the govt. Now , they are even worst.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by prodiG(m): 9:11am On Dec 09, 2017
duchez:
Airtel is much better.They can zap 4 africa.I suggest you port to glo....that is if their service is in your area to avoid breaking ur phone in frustration grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by phiszo(m): 9:23am On Dec 09, 2017
There's nothing like "draining faster". Check your data usage
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by dannytoe(m): 10:26am On Dec 09, 2017
MTN Scaming Nigerians since 18BC. These MTN, are thieves their data drains like a burning gas, when browsing. The last time I did 1.5 for 1000, to cut cost i decided to browse only nairaland on my laptop thinking since nairaland is not a heavy site the data will last, only for me to receive a text the 5thday that i have 100mb remaining, i was shocked, since then, i avoid their data plans like a plague.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 09, 2017
This is very true. This month alone I've subscribed to the 1Gb plan twice. Even the #25 night plan vanishes like magic. Just early this morning I subscribed to the #25 night plan, five minutes later they said I've exhausted it. Just now now. And I'm serious o, just 5 minutes on Nairaland without downloading anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by tempest01(m): 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2017
As in ehn....as a heavy data user, data that used to last me for one week, now lasts one day. I subscribe up to 1 gig daily on this my mtn....just waiting for the day it will really get to me, I'll go and get a glo sim card
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by igahdavid(m): 1:23pm On Dec 09, 2017
I thought I was the only one. I have been complaining for months. I normally use 3 GB in a month, but now 5GB hardly lasts up to a week.
No downloads, no video or music streaming.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by denziz: 1:26pm On Dec 09, 2017
Lorhdany:
This is very true. This month alone I've subscribed to the 1Gb plan twice. Even the #25 night plan vanishes like magic. Just early this morning I subscribed to the #25 night plan, five minutes later they said I've exhausted it. Just now now. And I'm serious o, just 5 minutes on Nairaland without downloading anything.
Don't worry one day they must pay back all they have stolen, we are waiting for that day to come.
Re: Have You Noticed MTN Data Exhaust Faster These Days? by NLbully(m): 2:36pm On Dec 09, 2017
Y'all just yamming rubbish I also noticed the data reduction after my investigation I noticed it was the google play store zapping it like shit

Just disable background data usage for google play store and stop crying

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

26 Cheap Android Phones In Nigeria 2017 (₦15,500 – ₦24,500) / Official Specifications And Price Of Itel S11 / Post Your Funny Iphone 6 Plus Bend Gate Pictures Memes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.