Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,418 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation (33810 Views)

INEC Suspends The Announcement Of Results In Akpabio's Senatorial District / Gunmen Storm Tsav Stephen's House Ahead Of Elections. Photos / PDP Presidential Candidates Unite Ahead Of Convention; Atiku Absent; See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by dre11(m): 6:34am On Dec 09, 2017
Posted By: Yusuf Alli,

Ahead of the National Convention of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), members of the National Assembly caucus of the party on Thursday night exchanged blows at the residence of a former Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswill Akpabio, over the choice of the next national chairman of the party.

Akpabio, who is the Minority Leader in the Senate, had convened a session on how to keep the party united and ensure a rancour-free convention.

The session was also meant to allow the National Assembly Caucus to interact with all the aspirants of the party.

The fracas occurred at the residence of Akpabio in Asokoro District, Abuja.

A top source, who was at the meeting, said: “The Senate Minority Leader convened the session in his house to enable us interact with all the aspirants on their programmes and form our opinion on who to vote for.

“We were barely settling down for the session when some members of the House of Representatives raised issues concerning some aspirants for the office of the National Chairman and others disagreed.

“The development led to shouting match and fisticuffs among some Senators and members of the House of Representatives.

“The rowdy session was witnessed by the Deputy President of the Senate, Chief Ike Ekweremadu, and some of the aspirants in attendance, including a leading candidate, Prince Uche Secondus.”

Another source at the meeting said: “The meeting ended abruptly when some lawmakers started exchanging blows over who should lead the party.

“I think the clash was a carry-over of some political misunderstanding among some members of the National Assembly in some states over the choice of chairman for PDP. But we all bore the brunt of the fisticuffs.”

A member of the House of Representatives, who was hit at the session, said: “I think some of our colleagues at the session were just being overzealous by taking sides. They misread the intent of what we were to do.

“The assumption was that the session was meant to adopt a candidate for the Office of National Chairman of PDP.”

When contacted, Akpabio’s spokesman, Mr. Jackson Udom, said: “Why can’t you get in touch with the Senate Minority Leader himself? I do not speak on party matters.”

The chairmanship candidates are a former Acting National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus; a former Minister of Education, Prof. Tunde Adeniran; a former Deputy National Chairman, Chief Olabode George; a former Minister of Sports, Prof. Taoheed Adedoja; a former Governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel; a media mogul, High Chief Raymond Dokpesi; and Aderemi Olusegun.

http://thenationonlineng.net/senators-reps-exchange-blows-akpabios-house-ahead-convention/

lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by CLASSMAN: 6:35am On Dec 09, 2017
E don start

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by Homeboiy: 6:39am On Dec 09, 2017
O set eee grin

It'd dre on the beat...u like bad news

Video for better lipsrsealed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by djjoad(m): 6:40am On Dec 09, 2017
I somehow took in the 100% until i saw the name of the media outfit.

It could still be true but 50% at that.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by python1: 6:41am On Dec 09, 2017
That's IPOB party for you, all they know is aggression, no atom of diplomacy. But after the fight, just make sure Atichukwu emerges as the party's presidential candidate, the ruling party really needs him as the flagbearer.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by Atiku2019: 6:45am On Dec 09, 2017
Yes there is so much political tussle right now wink But we will settle amicably to get prepared on time for 2019....

APC will never hold a National Convention grin

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by Atiku2019: 6:46am On Dec 09, 2017
python1:
That's is IPOB party for you, all they know is aggression, no atom of diplomacy.

Omenka how far with your Saintly APC National Convention

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by python1: 6:48am On Dec 09, 2017
Atiku2019:

Omenka how far with our Saintly APC National Convention
I prescribe omenkaciline, it treats omenkache very effectively. At least the nightmare he gives will subside and you will stop seeing him behind every moniker.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by duduade: 6:51am On Dec 09, 2017
All these men are shameless

2 Likes

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 09, 2017
No be politicians again? Wetin dem no fit do? Soon now na gun go dey fly upandan.

3 Likes

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 09, 2017
yessssssss.......
Democracy in the making, unlike Sarrkis party that is scared of convention...
A party of thief and rogue....
A party of maina reinstatement
A party of etc..... let me come and be going Jor.....

let's Atikulate

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by millhouse: 7:10am On Dec 09, 2017
APC una no dey tire? Still doing like an opposition party ...the nation and tinubu give us news of what this govt is doing to develop the economy ...instead na fiction news of wetin dey happen for PDP concern una.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by CharleyBright(m): 7:12am On Dec 09, 2017
Very Pathetic
Its just a mere Convention and they are already exchanging blows, I bet they will be killing themselves with sophisticated weapons in the elections proper.
Men with Politics and Power.
Power, Riches, Fame and all they crave for on earth..
All is Vanity.

4 Likes

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by DrGoodman: 7:14am On Dec 09, 2017
That's what happens when APC infiltrate any sane party.
Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by Spylord48: 7:18am On Dec 09, 2017
Pictures of them exchanging blows or I don't believe this

25 Likes

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by DLondonboiy: 7:20am On Dec 09, 2017
python1:

I prescribe omenkaciline, it treats omenkache very effectively. At least the nightmare he gives will subside and you will stop seeing him behind every moniker.

Wow, this is indeed omenka..SMH.

17 Likes

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by DLondonboiy: 7:21am On Dec 09, 2017
millhouse:
APC una no dey tire? Still doing like an opposition party ...the nation and tinubu give us news of what this govt is doing to develop the economy ...instead na fiction news of wetin dey happen for PDP concern una.

That's APC for you..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by edoman2016: 7:24am On Dec 09, 2017
Rather association of Nigerian looters exchange blows. Bunch of criminals who have nothing to offer Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by Chubhie: 7:29am On Dec 09, 2017
LOL
Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by Elnino4ladies: 7:39am On Dec 09, 2017
PDP is not ready.

2 Likes

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by punisha: 7:48am On Dec 09, 2017
...accompanying videos of the live action would make my day.
Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by ANBAKO: 8:02am On Dec 09, 2017
Money matter

Killing themselves even before election.
And these are the slowpoke that we want to give the control of a nation of 160Million people.

I weep for my nation.
Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 09, 2017
Make una kill una self... E no concern us...
Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by AishaBuhari: 8:04am On Dec 09, 2017
Na who chop belleful the fight!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by deco22(m): 8:04am On Dec 09, 2017
Photos of it happening or...

That's how vanguard was saying that IBB told atiku to drop his presidential ambition.

#fake news

7 Likes

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by NCP: 8:04am On Dec 09, 2017
Over bribe Dollars abi?

1 Like

Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by BruncleZuma: 8:04am On Dec 09, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by 01mcfadden(m): 8:04am On Dec 09, 2017
After, they will tell us change begins with us. Fix yourself first and watch your followers follow suit effortlessly.
Re: Senators, Reps Exchange Blows In Akpabio’s House Ahead Of Convention - TheNation by dunkem21(m): 8:05am On Dec 09, 2017
python1:

You're Omenka my friend cheesy

On topic, never believe anything coming from the nation unless they show you pictures undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu, Oluwo, Buhari, Other Losers Of Osun Election / See What Fayose Wore To Distribute Rice (images) / Tribunal Sacks Senator Dayo Adeyeye, Declares Biodun Olujimi Winner In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.