Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

What Resolution Do You Design For - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Resolution Do You Design For (1040 Views)

Can You Design This Simple Reservation Form? / Can You Design A SOCIAL NETWORKING WEBSITE From Scratch ? / Can You Design A Website Like Facebook ????....... Please I Need You Asap. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Resolution Do You Design For by tcherokee(m): 11:37am On Feb 26, 2007
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this but here it goes, I'm starting an opinion poll on what resolutions web designers design for and i'ld like your opinions. As I want to be able to see all the opinions in one place, I decided to collect results on my blog. If it is not too much trouble could you take a minute or two of your time just to go and drop a comment stating you opinion.

Seun, I hope i'm not breaking any law by doing this , undecided .

What resolution do you design for

N.B

By the way, it seems the webmasters area of nairaland is beginning to get spammed, shocked
Re: What Resolution Do You Design For by my2cents(m): 5:53pm On Feb 26, 2007
What resolution I code for is based on the web stats of the client. Right now though, generally speaking, most of the web world is surfing with 1024x768 resolution. However, rather than code for that resolution, I have found it safe to do either of the following, depending on design:

1) Set the page to a max width of 965px. That way, there isn't a concern of horizontal scrolling

2) Set widths to % so that pages contract/expand with each resolution.

3) Play it safe, where all else fails, and code for the Lowest Common Denominator. Again, rather than set page width at 800px, I would make it 770 or 780 tops.

I hope this helps.
Re: What Resolution Do You Design For by boraddo(m): 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2007
yep m2cents's got it, i use 780 for my sites

(1) (Reply)

A Web Designer Is At Your Footstep / Affiliate Marketing For Webmasters! / Can I Pay For Yahoo Webhosting With Graphcard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.