Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,449 members, 7,812,376 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork (18855 Views)

Meet Ebere Asonibe, A Graduate Who Is A Native Doctor / Female Graduate Who Sells Fruit In Benue (Photo) / Man In Aba Charges N20 To Cross People On Bad Road With Wheelbarrow (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by silverbirdng(f): 10:00am On Aug 16, 2019
A Nigerian graduate who sells food on a wheelbarrow, revealed she makes more than salary earners as she recalled the challenges she faced when she began her business.

Jossy Otu disclosed that she is married to a lawyer and further stated that she decided to create a job for herself as she couldn't get one. According to her, she was ashamed the first day she started off the business, but went on to make a profit of N150k in two months.

She wrote;

"Hello, this is me. I sell food on a wheelbarrow, yes I went to school, married to a lawyer, but some will say y r u doing this? Some even said u r beautiful to be selling food in a wheelbarrow? I laughed, see when God want to bless you he takes you out of yourself comfort zone, am not ashamed of my hustle, I got praises likewise criticised for my hustle.

The first time I took my wheelbarrow I almost went back, I was ashamed @ first, what will my friends and family say chai, but then I encouraged myself if I go broke now some of my friends and family will desert me, so to hell with what people will say, that day I sold all my food by 1 pm and mad a profit of 3k my capital being 5k chai I wan craze, that devil is lier.

To cut the long story short under 2 months I made 150k as profit, so dear friends I have seen a lady that fried akara to build a house and send her children to the university, that small business that u think you can't do u r too big for it may be yourself stepping stone to greatness, don't die of hunger o encouraged yourself, God bless you all and give you ideas to make wealth.

As Govt don't want to give me work, I decided to create one for myself. Never be ashamed for your hustle, no one will feed you when you are broke. Be dirty to get your food instead of clean and hungry, Refuse to be a beggar, wealth is a choice, poverty is a choice. #proudofmyhustle #imakemoremoneythanasalaryearner"

She wrote in another post "6am am up and doing, ready for the day, someone asked how do I keep up, first of all you must have passion, zeal, and perseverance for what you do, without these you will loose interested, I remember one day I was heavily beaten by the rain, under the rain tho soaking wet I still pushed my wheelbarrow to sell my food, never letting the rain to kill my vibe, some said where is your lawyer husband let him open shop for you see this one, my dear everybody dey hustle o for this regime, so if I want to buy sweet, oga lawyer, biscuits Mr lawyer, pad and small petite things I go wait for barrister lawyer.

No I too want to be independent, to support him too, we need to support our men, ladies we can't let them do all the work, started up something no matter how small with a genuine heart and love, you will succeed. Think positive, Abeg make I go sell my delicious food."

see more here https://thickmatch.com/graduate-sells-food-wheelbarrow-reveals-makes-salary-earners/

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by blesskewe(f): 10:04am On Aug 16, 2019
Thinking out of the box

26 Likes

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by czarina(f): 12:24pm On Aug 16, 2019
Find a shed nau, do you have to hawk it? Food will always sell if you find a busy location even with just a makeshift space.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Yamleg: 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2019
Nigerians are too quick to judge.
The fact that whenever you passes the barbershop in your street, you always see the barber working doesn't mean you should conclude that the barber is making big money daily.
What happens to the time he's always asleep in his shop due to lack of customers?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by passyhansome(m): 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2019
There is the Place of Grace.

7 Likes

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by ArmaniUhuru: 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2019
This is Nigeria. She may even be the one providing for her lawyer husband. Most Nigerian men don’t support their wives.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by greall12(m): 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2019
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by matinos28(m): 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
Op....are you shaming graduates? Is it now a crime to be a graduate and be employed? Selling food in wheel barrow under hot sun is a very hard work. And its also a matter of choice. Many illiterates will run from it. I respect her hustle but being a graduate has nothing to do with it. Its her choice. Abi should every graduate join her

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by bankmartins(m): 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
God bless your Hustle

4 Likes

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Newguyhere: 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
a fine lady like you shouldn't be doing this nau undecided cry
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by orunmila144: 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
hmmm she is fine. some rich man will soon wife her up
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Esomchi800(m): 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
Yes they do Mama Amara wen dey for my area na Food she take build Full duplex

1 Like

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Mentorkaryhm(m): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2019
E
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by XaintJoel20: 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2019
She is partially right. What most Nigerian graduates glory over as salary at the end of the month is what most artisans, market people and roadside food vendors like this woman make in days.
Nigeria's education has been so bastardized that sometime many graduates are ashamed to tell people they are graduates.
If I had the the orientation I have now some years back, I would have been a multimillionaire long before now.
Nigeria is arguably the worst place to be a graduate.

16 Likes

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by popweezy(m): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2019
NOW, THIS IS THE REAL SLAY QUEEN! NOT THOSE ONES THAT CAN DRAIN RICH NIGGAZ LIKE US...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Funmmyastic: 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2019
She should find a shed,it will make it more comfortable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by ikezuora4689(m): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2019
My kind of woman....neat.... always smiling.... hardworking...if I can meet this kind of girl...Na to marry sure pass.. together we will build an empire for our kids....cause am also a hustler....I no dey take ear hear business opportunity....bt unfortunately most girls lack this quality... they jst want to sit at home doing nothing.... browsing Instagram... posting useless pictures...that is the reason why most marriage don't last nw

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Baroba(m): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2019
Send me her number, let me bless her hustle..I love enterprising people..
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by madgoat(m): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2019
LIES grin
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Madlov3: 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2019
She should at least get a store. This is too demeaning. This is an insult to the Nigerian Education system. Shame on the lawyer husband.

9 Likes

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Paroh(f): 3:37pm On Aug 16, 2019
Baroba:
Send me her number, let me bless her hustle..I love enterprising people..

undecided Y'all only love them with mouth. Do you patronize them?
madgoat:
LIES grin

What if I told you I make way more money selling Fleshlights than I was doing when I was still doing customer service rep job? Wise up!

Y'all see my signature

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Injiggerwolf(m): 3:37pm On Aug 16, 2019
Now
The Real slay queen..... respect

She got her own paycheck.... and coupled with beauty
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Lexusgs430: 3:37pm On Aug 16, 2019
Where my barrow....... grin
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by mhebvijfwceiwyr: 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2019
YOU NEED A WEBSITE ?

WHAT SORT OF WEBSITE DO YOU NEED cool

BUSINESS WEBSITE (COMPANY) OR E-COMMERCE STORE grin grin

YOU NEED A DOMAIN+HOSTING+SSL+CYBER SECURITY smiley

WE TAKE 4/5DAYS TO FINISH OUR WORK AND WE ARE CHEAPER kiss kiss kiss
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by ogbosike: 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2019
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Princsk1(m): 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2019
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by kenzysmith: 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2019
business is the key salary na scam
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by tfash96(m): 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2019
Newguyhere:
a fine lady like you shouldn't be doing this nau undecided cry
so she should go into prostitution abi.. There's dignity in every labour

5 Likes

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by SilasNwude: 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2019
some white collar job na scam

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Was The First Salary You Ever Earned? / How Lucrative Is The Legal Profession? / Questions A Job Seeker Shouldn't Ask In An Interview.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.