Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,110 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (917180 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Abigalbee98(f): 1:30pm On Feb 17, 2018
Abigalbee98:
GM landers,
Is there any one writing SAT or toelf (am writing d two tho)just need someone to study with....I have the Barron Sat textbook...anyone pls.
anyone around oshodi to study with .....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by YoungTesla: 1:33pm On Feb 17, 2018
Please is there anybody at the University of New Haven here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Abigalbee98(f): 2:04pm On Feb 17, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
Yea...im studying for the SAT also

where u staying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lala234: 2:21pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hello
Please is there anyone in Ilorin preparing for the SAT exam?

I need a prep partner
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lala234: 2:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
jerrypeacelinks:

Thank you so much for your response. I really must commend your choice of words and how you compose/ package your responses. It really goes a long way to heal a crushed heart as mine. I love you for this. Keep doing what you have been doing best for us here despite your tight schedules. God bless you and your family real big. Wishing you the best in this new month and new year. Cheers.
It will end in praise Bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aamstih: 3:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
For toefl, Notefull videos on youtube and the Toefl official guide should suffice. 10 days prep (3-4hrs daily) would be more than adequate

Abigalbee98:
GM landers,
Is there any one writing SAT or toelf (am writing d two tho)just need someone to study with....I have the Barron Sat textbook...anyone pls.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hey guys, because everyone on this thread has been so helpful to me one way or the other and to @pepe4reps for making me apply to EIU. I finally got my admission acceptance on Thursday (this is for those of you waiting for admission also, just keep hoping for the best-it’s coming soon)...still waiting on some other schools before I make my choice...then visa would be next...���

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Etap: 3:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
Good day to the experienced F1 visas in the house, i have been denied twice, first was my confidence level and second the Vo wants me to use certain word to explain certain things to him about my research even though i did all the best i could nd my confidence level was high , but he said he want to hear those words,now i want to reapply,(i actually knwos those words but i know it might notbe him next time) what will i tell the Vo has changed, can i just add my nysc role which is not included in previous application or what? Someone should pls intelligently give an answer.Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mrsnoname: 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2018
mrsnoname:
Anyone in

Alabama a and m university?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by arTiculaTe01: 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2018
kekenation:
Am in the same ship with you, struggling with them (ASUU) since december last year........

Transcript received by WES. Waiting on Uniben for verification since the first week of December last year.. angry The gurus don't seem to have a way forward on this one. Lol. God is in control!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adaxxy: 4:25pm On Feb 17, 2018
Good afternoon house,
Please I'll like to do a six to 7 weeks aviation course in US
Please do I need to apply for student visa?
Though I have valid visiting visa till September..
Please a response will be appreciated
Thanks house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Accscholar: 6:20pm On Feb 17, 2018
adaxxy:
Good afternoon house,
Please I'll like to do a six to 7 weeks aviation course in US
Please do I need to apply for student visa?
Though I have valid visiting visa till September..
Please a response will be appreciated
Thanks house.

Just ask the school. They would have an international office and it could be J-1, F-1 or even other types.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ezyk(m): 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2018
Even when no medical examination is carried out can one be disqualified because of illicit drug like tramadol usage?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lasthero: 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hello house.
Anyone in USA who needs naira in exchange of dollars?.
I need $50 biko, I have naira to exchange with
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:59pm On Feb 17, 2018
ezyk:
Even when no medical examination is carried out can one be disqualified because of illicit drug like tramadol usage?

The bigger question is how to stop the use of tramadol.... regardless of visa or whose watching

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coloniel5000(m): 9:07pm On Feb 17, 2018
please house I need to send my TOEFL result and I don't have a Visa card which happens to be the only payment medium. I need some one to help me process it either with naira (7500) or dollars ($20). I'll refund.
please I need this help urgently. pleasssssssss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ezyk(m): 9:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
LagosismyHome:

The bigger question is how to stop the use of tramadol.... regardless of visa or whose watching
I don't do drugs. I had severe pains. Twas on doctors prescription. Paracetamol and panadol hardly work on me. I gave to take up to 4-5 tap of Paracetamol and panadol for the pain. It it works very slowly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ndindiatu: 10:20pm On Feb 17, 2018
ndindiatu:
Good day my People in house , I want to study nursing and I plan to pass through accelerated route. My fear is I heard is a rigorous and highly intensive which gets me worried. I am not too young per se. Hope u guys understand where I am going concerning level of assimilation. And the way people jack in this USA gets me worried. Whether I can cope? What do u guys advice. Help a sister .
Thanks dear. I will proceed. I appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Joan011: 10:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
I sent you a mail bro
didn't see any, what's ur email address.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by eldee365: 11:37pm On Feb 17, 2018
cc bigfrancis21

Well done Boss!

I need an honest advice, I have BSc accounting I want to go into IT, I have a passion for that, been looking at management information systems, have made my researches, schools etc
but I need suggestions,

what other ms degree in IT (2yrs preferably)similar to MIS is good for an accountant,with good job prospects(something I don't need work experience before I get a job immediately after my MSc)

I have used Quora, reddit etc am not satisfied!

I need honest suggestions here...

Looking at a career as a business analyst or project management,IT Auditor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:46am On Feb 18, 2018
ezyk:

I don't do drugs. I had severe pains. Twas on doctors prescription. Paracetamol and panadol hardly work on me. I gave to take up to 4-5 tap of Paracetamol and panadol for the pain. It it works very slowly

I pray you get your total healing soon

If it prescribed then you should be fine ... US student visa doesn't require medical before visa

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by petarrhh(m): 7:38am On Feb 18, 2018
godG:

Yes, I’m in UW. Great school. One of the best 35 in the world.
I already sent you a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 7:38am On Feb 18, 2018
Coloniel5000:
please house I need to send my TOEFL result and I don't have a Visa card which happens to be the only payment medium. I need some one to help me process it either with naira (7500) or dollars ($20). I'll refund.
please I need this help urgently. pleasssssssss.

Pm me if you have exhausted your options.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 7:40am On Feb 18, 2018
qdamilola:
Hey guys, because everyone on this thread has been so helpful to me one way or the other and to @pepe4reps for making me apply to EIU. I finally got my admission acceptance on Thursday (this is for those of you waiting for admission also, just keep hoping for the best-it’s coming soon)...still waiting on some other schools before I make my choice...then visa would be next...���
Congrats bro, which department and what's your class of degree and also, is it funded?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dislat: 7:50am On Feb 18, 2018
Top of the morning to y'all. I recently got accepted to Louisiana State University. Anyone studying in the school?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lasthero: 8:07am On Feb 18, 2018
folmus:

Can you help me too?, I want to pay 50usd
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 8:48am On Feb 18, 2018
lasthero:

Can you help me too?, I want to pay 50usd

Pm me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 9:16am On Feb 18, 2018
Good day everyone, please If someone graduates with a 2.1 (a 3.5). Would someone be kind enough to assist me with some of the questions I have to ask.
1. What are the chances of someone being accepted with that kind of CGPA?
2. Do I need to write GRE to gain admission to the US?
3. If someone isn't that buoyant, what are the chances of getting a scholarship that covers accommodation and feeding if one hasn't started working yet?
4. In the question above, if I'm to complete admission process from beginning to end (IELTS, GRE, Passport, etc), what's the range of amount I need to budget.
5. Do I need to finish NYSC before starting any applications?

Please note I'm a 4th year student who would be graduating next year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coloniel5000(m): 9:51am On Feb 18, 2018
folmus:

FOLMUS have sent you an email, please do reply me as soon as possible. as I need to send my TOEFL result unfailingly before Wednesday. God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 18, 2018
Olalekank:
Good day everyone, please If someone graduates with a 2.1 (a 3.5). Would someone be kind enough to assist me with some of the questions I have to ask.
3. If someone isn't that buoyant, what are the chances of getting a scholarship that covers accommodation and feeding if one hasn't started working yet?
4. In the question above, if I'm to complete admission process from beginning to end (IELTS, GRE, Passport, etc), what's the range of amount I need to budget.

Answers have been provided to all your questions on this thread. Please do well to read some pages back...
BTW, lemme answer your quiries to the best of my knowledge.
1. First, you will have to convert your GPA to the US grading system (4.0). Most schools require a GPA of 3.0 and above. To do this, you can use a free GPA converter on www.wes.org
2. YES you need to write GRE and TOEFL for you to stand a good chance.
3. You should be able to get one. But this depends on so many things such as; GPA, GRE score, course, program and so on.
4. This question get as e be oooo.... there is no fixed amount. Make your findings.
5. Not at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 10:06am On Feb 18, 2018
Jumybecks:

Answers have been provided to all your questions on this thread. Please do well to read some pages back...
BTW, lemme answer your quiries to the best of my knowledge.
1. First, you will have to convert your GPA to the US grading system (4.0). Most schools require a GPA of 3.0 and above. To do this, you can use a free GPA converter on www.wes.org
2. YES you need to write GRE and TOEFL for you to stand a good chance.
3. You should be able to get one. But this depends on so many things such as; GPA, GRE score, course, program and so on.
4. This question get as e be oooo.... there is no fixed amount. Make your findings.
5. Not at all.
Thank you for your detailed and prompt response!

Please I'd like to ask, I tried that wes calculator some few days back "where I had to input all the grades and unit of courses I did in school". Or is there any option because I need to confirm if I did the right thing?

As for reading the thread, I'd come back to that as I'm still on another thread reading about the admission processes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aamstih: 10:26am On Feb 18, 2018
Credit Femi312

There is this saying that says ''If we don't fight we have failed, but if we fight we can either fail or succeed''. So forget the tuition part for now and put in some work. First, you need to decide on the course you want to study, To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a)www.msinus.com (open this website with a laptop, you should see a list of school and ranking for some of the most common courses, you can start from there b)www.gradschools.com c)www.google.com (you can just type 'msc in bla bla in the us in google' d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find, to see the requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl . 4) Register for standardize exam and take it. You can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam in this dropbox I createdhttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0 

TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. though, some schools waive due to the fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone country.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos in the link below, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0 

As for the Tuition, if you have good results (GRE, GPA, Toefl), SOP and LOR; US schools do offer assistanship to graduate students. This can either be Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or Administrative Assistant. Depending on the school, if you get an assistantship, your Tuition will be waived and you will also be paid a monthly stipend that can take care of your living expenses. One advice, once you shortlist schools, send emails to the grad cord of the schools and ask specific questions relating to that course and funding opportunities, be very explicit.

Lastly, there are basically 2 admission session in the US, Spring (Jan) and Fall (August). Schools admit more students in Fall, so Its advisable you plan towards Fall 2018. If you plan to resume in fall 2018, make sure you submit all your application documents before ending of Dec 2017. If you don't give it a trial, you will never know.My philosophy in life is to always do my part, with that I don't get to regret later. Above all, if you believe in God,pray to him..if not, good for you.

Olalekank:

This is Relative depending on your choice of school.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Yes... To increase your chances and funding opportunities.

https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre

If you should land an assistantship, the stipend might be barely enough.

GrE- 50k
tOEFL- 50k
Passport- Ask in immigration office
App fees- lets say $400
Miscellaneous- xxxx

No

I would advise you focus on graduating with the highest possible CGPA that you can.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.