Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915307 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 21, 2018
Any postgraduate (MS) student(s) on NL attending Portland State University? Kindly holla @ me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ganstar89: 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2018
I had my F1 interview November 2017 and I spend less than 3min before the VO and he denied me he said I don't ve strong ties so I can't be given visa , so now I want to reapply pls guy's come to my aide what should I do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gewezzy1(f): 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2018
Hi guys, so i plan to go for my Masters program, am a law graduate from a foreign university in Republic of Benin,1-where do i start from, what's the process, do i need to sit for any exams, i chose Arkansas Tech University for my masters program,2- how much does my Sponsor have to have in his account?3-would be passing out of nysc April and would get a jobbefore applyingPlease put me through
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by 30watts: 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2018
ganstar89:
I had my F1 interview November 2017 and I spend less than 3min before the VO and he denied me he said I don't ve strong ties so I can't be given visa , so now I want to reapply pls guy's come to my aide what should I do

Share your transcript, what were the questions you answered before the V.O concluded that you didn’t have strong ties. It helps that people understand issues before offering advise. If not, nah generic response things

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2018
freddywells81:
Any postgraduate (MS) student(s) on NL attending Portland State University? Kindly holla @ me.

Hope you are ready for the cold!! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 21, 2018
folmus:

Hope you are ready for the cold!! wink
l

Lol! Cold..really?! Are you a student in Portland, OR?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
chinemomah2020:

Yes.. you don't need scanned copy, just tell them to send you the soft copy to your laptop or your phone.

thanks...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lyrondee: 7:59pm On Feb 21, 2018
beezyblaze:
Hello us gurus in the house...please I'm sorry if I'm derailing the thread... Please i just have a question and i need advice from those that have been or are in the states for a while now....
Please i want to know how football is over there??
I'm an amateur footballer and 18 years of age... I'm considering going to the states to play football... Probably for a semi pro team or an academy but dont know how to go about it.
I thought of applying for an f1 visa but I'll definitely be out of status because i might not go for classes and i don't want anything that will jeopardize my stay in the states or that will come back and haunt me later in the future...
Please do anyone have any advice for me??
Probably if there's any academy that might invite me or something.
My flight fare and all is intact.
My plan is to enter usa in the rightest way and with my mind at rest ...Nothing else.
sorry if my question might be silly..
I just dont want to make any mistake..
Thanks in advance.
I Guess you'll still go through an F1 Route....
Are you under an academy here cos things like this needs high recommendation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ewa26: 8:28pm On Feb 21, 2018
bigfrancis21:

He is eligible to adjust status so far as he entered the US legally (i.e he has an I-94). The only people barred from ever adjusting status in the US are illegal immigrants that crossed the country's borders illegally - they do not have an I-94 because they were not inspected at the border/port of entry.

Hon, is it ok for Ibo men to wear the shimi slip under the wrapper
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by beezyblaze(m): 9:21pm On Feb 21, 2018
30watts:

I know a very good footballer who got a scholarship to a soccer school from here in Lagos and was even backed by the biggest Network Service provider here in naija. He completed his bsc with the school and played for the university team for the duration of his studies. Unfortunately, he couldn’t sign a professional contract before his visa expired and he has tried for the second time to get a UK VISA as his Yankee visa wasn’t renewed. This is one experience, others may have turned out well.

US Basketball, Athletics, A.Football are more valuable than soccer.

Thank you very much bro....
Yeah i know football isn't really valuable in usa compared to some other countries...but we are just hoping for the best.
Thanks for your time bro..
I appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by beezyblaze(m): 9:29pm On Feb 21, 2018
LagosismyHome:

There are a couple of sport scholarships you see in university and students are able to combine both playing the sport and graduating

That been said if you mean football / soccer . That is not a popular sport in the USA , so the options for scholarship in that game would be limiting compared to for example American football . check www.pass4soccer.com or find the Nigerian equivalent .
There are some scholarship for soccer but i dont know how easy it is to get it from Nigeria. Is there local team that does assessment to determine how good you are in football ?

I haven't really come across any local team that does assessment or so in nigeria here.
I was actually considering paying and enrolling in an academy over there but i still haven't seen any yet.
Thanks for your time and the info.. I appreciate. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by beezyblaze(m): 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2018
lyrondee:

I Guess you'll still go through an F1 Route....
Are you under an academy here cos things like this needs high recommendation

Yes i am... But about leaving...so I'm looking for somewhere better.. Preferably outside Nigeria.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sammybtc(m): 11:28pm On Feb 21, 2018
Please anyone at UTEP?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by damzy88: 12:24am On Feb 22, 2018
freddywells81:
l

Sent you a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThreadsAdeleke: 3:23am On Feb 22, 2018
Hello everyone.

Please house, I am looking for affordable schools in the United States and maybe Canada offering Marine Biology at graduate level.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 3:30am On Feb 22, 2018
freddywells81:
l

Been there, not a student. YES, very cold. Its closer to Seattle.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nwabu007(m): 3:54am On Feb 22, 2018
Start with a Google search. Thereafter, bring your preliminary results here for inputs from the house. What's your profile? GRE and TOEFL?

ThreadsAdeleke:
Hello everyone.

Please house, I am looking for affordable schools in the United States and maybe Canada offering Marine Biology at graduate level.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 4:08am On Feb 22, 2018
citizen202:
hello good nigerian to all the wonderful nigerians in houston America ..please i have a brother who just arrived in houston but is finding it difficult to adjust..He came to hustle you know please any help from our brothers and sisters in texas houston please he needs a job to cope please any per hour job will do thank you ...please send him a mail on kelechiduri17@gmail.com

This has been mentioned here time and time again... America is not a place to simply come to "hustle". You cannot work on a non-immigrant visa. It is illegal.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ibksolar: 1:39pm On Feb 22, 2018
Scholastica16:

Depending on if your bank in Nigeria allows you to do online banking, Transfer Wise is a good platform. Do your due diligence first.

Sorry I am just seeing this.

Thanks Scholastica16 for your response.

Yes, the bank is GTBank and I have internet banking options. What online banking options is available?

Also, I checked TransferWise and it seems they only move money into Nigeria and not the other way round.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

What options do you know of that's reliable and economical?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 5:47pm On Feb 22, 2018
Justwise, someone needs your help here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nathyshollz(m): 6:57pm On Feb 22, 2018
goodemma20:
congrats on your visa. since you have succesfully transfered your SEVIS fee to your new I-20, wait for the two working days for it to reflect at the embassy, then send your passport at DHL. You should get your passport in circa 1 week(if no holidays). when a person gets a change of I-20 with a new SEVIS number, you must modify your profile at fmjfee.com before going for visa interview. If you had followed this process before interview, there would have been no waste of time......hope this helps.

Thanks. It really helped. Thanks I’m in the US now, gotten my school ID and trying to blend in, the experience is amazing, google map is my friend now. Will keep you guys updated through out the transition. Feel free to email me anytime. I’m to give out all the information you need. I git here for free so I think it would be of great pleasure to help someone too

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nathyshollz(m): 7:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
ganstar89:

What did you fill in you DS160. What do you do? You work? If yes where and how long? If no, after how years have you been idle? Which course are you going for? Masters program or a degree or what? You need to post you transcript then people would understand the point you are now and what they can do to help.
Will be waiting

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 7:32pm On Feb 22, 2018
beezyblaze:

I haven't really come across any local team that does assessment or so in nigeria here.
I was actually considering paying and enrolling in an academy over there but i still haven't seen any yet.
Thanks for your time and the info.. I appreciate. smiley
Saw this on my TL now, you might want to contact the person.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by beezyblaze(m): 7:36pm On Feb 22, 2018
femi312:
Saw this on my TL now, you might want to contact the person.

Wow.... Thanks bro.
The ish now is I'm not on twitter ..
Will figure a way out.
Thanks once again boss smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 7:55pm On Feb 22, 2018
nathyshollz:

Thanks. It really helped. Thanks I’m in the US now, gotten my school ID and trying to blend in, the experience is amazing, google map is my friend now. Will keep you guys updated through out the transition. Feel free to email me anytime. I’m to give out all the information you need. I git here for free so I think it would be of great pleasure to help someone too and akinsola pls send me and email if you reading this. nathyshollz@icloud.com or nathyshollz@gmail.com
congrats, may Jah bless your new journey

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 22, 2018
nathyshollz:

Thanks. It really helped. Thanks I’m in the US now, gotten my school ID and trying to blend in, the experience is amazing, google map is my friend now. Will keep you guys updated through out the transition. Feel free to email me anytime. I’m to give out all the information you need. I git here for free so I think it would be of great pleasure to help someone too and akinsola pls send me and email if you reading this. nathyshollz@icloud.com or nathyshollz@gmail.com
Congrats dear.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by pvaila(f): 9:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
so I am new to Nairaland, but I am a student here in the US. If anyone needs help with anything, feel free to ask me , I'll be more than happy to help! God bless your hustle.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by pvaila(f): 9:19pm On Feb 22, 2018
Teedawg:
Has anyone renewed their passport yet ? What I see on the portal is for e-passport is that all I need ? I thought one had to go to DC or NY for renewal

Nigerian passport?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aphrodite007(f): 10:16pm On Feb 22, 2018
Guys, I need your opinions please!

My 22 year old sister is thinking of changing careers to nursing. She studied international relations and has about a 3.0/4.0 gpa. Now she feels she lost out on a passion by reading an arts course due to fear of maths. So the problem is, she wants to study nursing but did not learn Chem, and Physics in Secondary School.

Will this stop her from switching to a Nursing career in the US? Any suggestions/advice will be deeply appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.