Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,376 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (925285 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 3:05pm On Mar 30, 2018
yuscodguy:
Good afternoon Gurus in the house, I will like to ask a question. On my i-20 that was issued by my school, my Dad was my sponsor but now my company is ready to sponsor me. How do I go about it because my company just gave me a letter of prove of sponsorship. If I am been asked who will sponsor me am I to reply with my company or my dad or both of them.

If I said both and I was asked why didn't u filled both on my i-20 what can I say to defend my self please.

IMO, I would say you should stick to your dad since your I-20 bears that and that is the document needed for interview. Another thing is that if I were the VO, I won't be so convinced that a company is ready to part with millions of naira to train someone who will be away for two years with no assurance of coming back. They would rather send you on short trainings abroad and have u come back and infect the system with your new knowlegde. I'm only talking from experience anyways. I might be wrong.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by eso18(f): 3:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
Hello house,

Please help connect me with fellow Nigerian graduate students at Auburn University. I will be starting PhD studies there this Fall. Thank you.

@Mandem101: thanks for your assistance on the earlier post.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lala234: 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2018
folmus:

No side effect. Did you send a copy of your o'level ? If no, thats likely what you were asking earlier. Send your result with Waec scratch card as required by some school. Better still, send an email to the school and ask what they need.

Good luck!!
You're right sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Hushee(m): 4:19pm On Mar 30, 2018
Gbemisolarh:
Good morning house, i would love to have my Masters degree in the US pls, kindly check my profile out;

Undergraduate GP:- 4.7/5

I would love to go for a Masters in Animal Science,
How can I get scholarship/full tuition waver pls?......and can I get the visa pls?

Send me a pm or check out this schools, University of Nebraska Lincoln and Oklahoma state university. And please register for GRE as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bjstardom(m): 4:58pm On Mar 30, 2018
Can someone apply for just one choice of school, and what are the chances/implications of this when answering questions from the VO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 5:20pm On Mar 30, 2018
learner007:

Thanks bro, msinus.com really scared me back then with the profile of such schools (GRE of 330+). But I Sha just did it anyway. I pray that, in your forthcoming visa interview, The Lord will grace every of your utterances. As soon as it gets to your turn, divine grace and favour shall be activated for you. I'm happy for you. Success!

Amen thanks bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2018
learner007:

IMO, I would say you should stick to your dad since your I-20 bears that and that is the document needed for interview. Another thing is that if I were the VO, I won't be so convinced that a company is ready to part with millions of naira to train someone who will be away for two years with no assurance of coming back. They would rather send you on short trainings abroad and have u come back and infect the system with your new knowlegde. I'm only talking from experience anyways. I might be wrong.

Thank you brother, I really appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by focus5555: 7:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
Please guys, I'm writing GRE in two weeks time.i thought I will be able to write TOEFL before now but an emergency comes in which I have to sort out, Please I need schools in the US that doesn't require TOEFL for Nigerian students and gives full or partial tuition grants. Please it's kinda urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Hushee(m): 7:17pm On Mar 30, 2018
Funlag:
Good morning house,pls I nid help on which school to do masters in agriculture in the US...plus does university in US accept 3.00 gpa??thanks in anticipation
Evaluate your transcript first, and then write GRE. After that, apply to schools that fit your profile.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 8:41pm On Mar 30, 2018
eso18:
Hello house,

Please help connect me with fellow Nigerian graduate students at Auburn University. I will be starting PhD studies there this Fall. Thank you.

Not much of my business, but these kind of " fellow Nigerians in ******".. is quite funny and annoying simultaneously. Go to the LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram pages of the school and explicitly find what you're looking for, and not come on to an anonymous online Nigerian Forum with annoying people like me grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by chinemomah2020(m): 8:47pm On Mar 30, 2018
Janet01234:

Had my first degree in anatomy (I explained to him how I developed an interest for evs and How I took some elective courses in environmental chemistry etc)and the soa had enough money to pay for 3years of school, it's my dad's.it was Lagos embassy...

Hello Janet,

So sorry for your denial. However, i sent you a PM. Kindly revert.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Arizona042: 8:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
Hello gurus in the house,

I received my i 20 last week. I submitted my inlaw's statement acc. but my i20 is nt bearing her name.Rather, it was written "Family funds": $Bleep

can I go with my dad's account to embassy since there is no name and relationship of my sponsor written in the 120?

Bigfrancis21,lagosismyhome .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by reDazey(f): 9:04pm On Mar 30, 2018
eso18:
Hello house,

Cc jaybiz007

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Auspicious2018: 9:26pm On Mar 30, 2018
TravelDrim:

Thanks. Please is it an app?
Type on Google
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by blessurance(m): 9:33pm On Mar 30, 2018
focus5555:
Please guys, I'm writing GRE in two weeks time.i thought I will be able to write TOEFL before now but an emergency comes in which I have to sort out, Please I need schools in the US that doesn't require TOEFL for Nigerian students and gives full or partial tuition grants. Please it's kinda urgent

university of North Carolina Chapel Hill (good school)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2018
Arizona042:

I received my i 20 last week. I submitted my inlaw's statement acc. but my i20 is nt bearing her name.Rather, it was written "Family funds": $Bleep

can I go with my dad's account to embassy since there is no name and relationship of my sponsor written in the 120?

I don't know ooo....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by solidman59(m): 9:54pm On Mar 30, 2018
Sorry guys quick one. Must all students going for masters evaluate their transcripts??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by hiddenfigure: 11:23pm On Mar 30, 2018
Hello house,

Please I need evaluation services that are fast in evaluating (for WAEC results) I'm really pressed for time, and I was planning on using WES since they claim it only takes seven business days but people have always complained about how long they take and their inefficiency. If anyone can provide the names of NACES members they have used that were fast with evaluation, I would be grateful. I'm applying for undergraduate admission. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 11:23pm On Mar 30, 2018
Arizona042:

It seems your school's DSO did not fill in your inlaw's name when he/she was generating your I-20. This is obvioulsy to your advantage since there's no way the consulate can know the account statement you used in getting the I-20. You can go with your with your dad's statement if you're more comfortable with it. Just make sure it's a genuine statement.....hope this helps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 11:43pm On Mar 30, 2018
Arizona042:

It is always preferable to have your i20 designated this way just in case things change financially for your sponsor just before your interview, you could always switch to another family sponsor for your interview. Thus, you are good to go. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 11:49pm On Mar 30, 2018
hiddenfigure:
Hello house,

Please I need evaluation services that are fast in evaluating. I'm really pressed for time, and I was planning on using WES since they claim it only takes seven business days but people have always complained about how long they take and their inefficiency. If anyone can provide the names of NACES members they have used that were fast with evaluation, I would be grateful. I'm applying for undergraduate admission. Thank you.

WES takes between 1 month to 3 months depending on how fast your school processes and mails out transcript after payment (stage 1) and how fast they respond to the verification request from WES (stage 2). For schools like UNN (with itranscript and fast email communication), WES evaluations take about a month, on average, nowadays for UNN graduates. Other schools could be like this also.

Anyway, if you want fast evaluation, I think ECE might be your best option. I'm not sure they do verification of transcript and certificate (stage 2, like WES does) after receiving both from the student's university and the student respectively. I could be wrong though. Someone who's used WES before can confirm this. However, ECE GPAs often turn out lower than that of WES.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aamstih: 12:27am On Mar 31, 2018
Nope, depends on the school's requirement.

solidman59:
Sorry guys quick one. Must all students going for masters evaluate their transcripts??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by eso18(f): 1:06am On Mar 31, 2018
reDazey:

Cc jaybiz007

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nitta08(f): 1:23am On Mar 31, 2018
hiddenfigure:
Hello house,

Please I need evaluation services that are fast in evaluating. I'm really pressed for time, and I was planning on using WES since they claim it only takes seven business days but people have always complained about how long they take and their inefficiency. If anyone can provide the names of NACES members they have used that were fast with evaluation, I would be grateful. I'm applying for undergraduate admission. Thank you.

You can try Evaluation World. They take 5-7 business days to send your evaluation report. However, I used them to evaluate my undergraduate transcript for graduate admissions at $190. I didn't need to contact my undergraduate institution to send a copy to them. I simply sent the student's copy I had via email. You could give them a try.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by eso18(f): 1:45am On Mar 31, 2018
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Not much of my business, but these kind of " fellow Nigerians in ******".. is quite funny and annoying simultaneously. Go to the LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram pages of the school and explicitly find what you're looking for, and not come on to an anonymous online Nigerian Forum with annoying people like me grin grin

Lol! If I decide to indulge in your pettiness, this thread will unnecessarily grow long. So I won't.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OluDare01(m): 2:07am On Mar 31, 2018
eso18:

Lol! If I decide to indulge in your pettiness, this thread will unnecessarily grow long. So I won't.
He actually told you the truth. Use LinkedIn and you won't regret it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by hiddenfigure: 3:10am On Mar 31, 2018
bigfrancis21:

WES takes between 1 month to 3 months depending on how fast your school processes and mails out transcript after payment (stage 1) and how fast they respond to the verification request from WES (stage 2). For schools like UNN (with itranscript and fast email communication), WES evaluations take about a month, on average, nowadays for UNN graduates. Other schools could be like this also.

Anyway, if you want fast evaluation, I think ECE might be your best option. I'm not sure they do verification of transcript and certificate (stage 2, like WES does) after receiving both from the student's university and the student respectively. I could be wrong though. Someone who's used WES before can confirm this. However, ECE GPAs often turn out lower than that of WES.

Thank you. However, it is my WAEC that needs evaluation. Will the situation be different if it needs to be confirmed by WAEC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by hiddenfigure: 3:11am On Mar 31, 2018
Nitta08:

You can try Evaluation World. They take 5-7 business days to send your evaluation report. However, I used them to evaluate my undergraduate transcript for graduate admissions at $190. I didn't need to contact my undergraduate institution to send a copy to them. I simply sent the student's copy I had via email. You could give them a try.

Thank you. However, it is my WAEC that needs evaluation. Will the situation be different if it needs to be confirmed by WAEC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 3:28am On Mar 31, 2018
eso18:

grin grin.. well, aren't we all petty
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by samirus: 3:50am On Mar 31, 2018
please I need advise can i use NECO apply for any school in US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 5:19am On Mar 31, 2018
eso18:

You need to check the meaning of the word “petty”, it does not describe the post you quoted. He was simply pointing out a sad fact that many Nigerians are pathologically lazy and unimaginative. You would easily find the answer to your questions on LinkedIn, or if you simply asked your schools’ International Student Office.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (514)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.