Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (913600 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by MaryIbi: 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2018
MaryIbi:

Congrats to another WIU student. Kindly message me as I am also a prospective student of the uni.

You can send me a pm

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2018
Nahum777:
Lmao, I want to ask you a few questions, not 100% centered on the interview. Going to the embassy doesn't really matter. You have been really wonderful here and I respect your input.
ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by MaryIbi: 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2018
qdamilola:

You can send me a pm

Done.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2018
Chidinho10:

I'm available now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nosagiez(m): 8:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
Thank you very much. My question was actually base on how long my AP will take and not on the balance on my account, because I know they don't check for balance.
They only check for authenticity of the statement provided. Maybe Australia and Canada check for balance, but US doesn't. Thanks once again.
Olalekank:

Congrats, I'm so glad you got your visa. Lucky you but please when you get to the US,
You don't ask a question and argue with people who give you answers. You asked the question about the money reducing and you weren't sure and yet you were disagreeing with people who COULD be right.

Congrats, I wish you the best in your new journey

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by blessedmumi(f): 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2018
nosagiez:
UPDATE: I shared my experience at the embassy on Tuesday on how my Visa was placed on administrative processing. And that my account went from 8M to 99k within 12days. Well... I just got a text that my passport is ready for collection and I checked online and saw ISSUED. Thank you to everyone that encourages me especially Stella91. I am grateful. Transcript loading.

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by neahyo(m): 9:08pm On Jun 14, 2018
Chidinho10:

I just replied your PM with details of the schedule. Make sure you keep to time. Apologies for the late response.

IMO, Georgia State is better than Cleveland. Maybe you have your reasons for choosing Cleveland over it. We will talk about it also. Till then!
Hi Chidinho10, I sent you a PM, please check and reply. Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jagaban17: 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2018
jagaban17:
I'll be going for my interview soon ,I'll like to know if there are red flags on my selections of Schools. These are the Schools I applied to ; University of Bridgeport, University of North Dakota & Texas A&M Tamuk. Got admit in all. I chose Tamuk.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nosagiez(m): 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2018
Visa Approved after two days on AP. Abuja Embassy

VO. Good morning and welcome to United State Of America
ME. (Fear catch me, I thought I am in US embassy). Good morning sir.

VO. Your passport please
ME. Have it sir

VO. Thank you, I can see you are going to Middle Tennessee State University
ME. Yes sir.

VO. Your I20 please
ME. This is it sir.

VO. Thank you, I can see here that you were offer a graduate assistantship that covers your tuition and a living expenses.
ME. Yes sir,

VO. Do you have a letter for your assistantship offer?
ME. Yes sir,

VO. Let me take a look
ME. I passed it,

VO. What does your assistantship entails?
ME. I will be teaching 8hrs every week on the laboratory sir.

VO. Ok! I can also see that your family is your sponsor, which of your family member?
ME. Yes sir, my grandfather sir, though he's late but I have a sponsorship from him company. My uncle is currently managing the company sir.

VO. Do you have a bank statement from your grandfather?
ME. Yes sir, from the company, my grandfather is làte sir.

VO. I can't approved your Visa now, I have to check if your statement is genuine. Do you know if you bring a fake statement you will be banned from entering the US for forever.
ME. Yes sir

VO. OK we will get back to you, I will keep your passport, your I20 and your statement.
ME. OK sir.

My interview was on 12th of June at Abuja. This evening I got a text that my passport is ready for collection and my status has been changed from AP to Issued

PS. I wrote GRE twice and I scored 280 and 286 respectively. V140 Q146 AWA 3.0 God showed up for me when I made my application. I got admitted into MTSU with full funding and a comfortable monthly stipends.

My advice is that you should make that application and let God do the rest. Thank you fellow NairaLanders.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mayd16(m): 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2018
Good evening guys, i hve been reading approved interview and i found out one similarity is that they wrote a test, I did not write any test as it was not a requirement for admission to the school I applied for. Should i still go on with the interview??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:28pm On Jun 14, 2018
nosagiez:

VO. Your passport please
ME. Have it sir

ME. Yes sir.

VO. Your I20 please
ME. This is it sir.

VO. Thank you, I can see here that you were offer a graduate assistantship that covers your tuition and a living expenses.
ME. Yes sir,

ME. Yes sir,

VO. Let me take a look
ME. I passed it,

VO. Ok! I can also see that your family is your sponsor, which of your family member?
ME. Yes sir, my grandfather sir, though he's late but I have a sponsorship from him company. My uncle is currently managing the company sir.

VO. I can't approved your Visa now, I have to check if your statement is genuine. Do you know if you bring a fake statement you will be banned from entering the US for forever.
ME. Yes sir

VO. OK we will get back to you, I will keep your passport, your I20 and your statement.
ME. OK sir.

My interview was on 12th of June at Abuja. This evening I got a text that my passport is ready for collection and my status has been changed from AP to Issued.

The account I used wasa company account. The statement balance I submitted was 8M but it was withdrawn within 12days to 99k (so basically they are not after your balance just the authenticity of the account)

PS. I wrote GRE twice and I scored 280 and 286 respectively. V140 Q146 AWA 3.0 God showed up for me when I made my application. I got admitted into MTSU with full funding and a comfortable monthly stipends.

My advice is that you should make that application and let God do the rest. Thank you fellow NairaLanders.

Congrats... what course are you going for

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nosagiez(m): 10:07pm On Jun 14, 2018
Master of science in Chemistry at the Middle Tennessee State University
LagosismyHome:

Congrats... what course are you going for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 10:17pm On Jun 14, 2018
nosagiez:
Thank you very much. My question was actually base on how long my AP will take and not on the balance on my account, because I know they don't check for balance.
They only check for authenticity of the statement provided. Maybe Australia and Canada check for balance, but US doesn't. Thanks once again.
You're welcome man. Book your flight sharp sharp before prices skyrocket
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by RearVoice: 10:22pm On Jun 14, 2018
Please Good people of this Wonderful thread, Can my father's best friend be my Sponsor?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sirtenburg(m): 10:25pm On Jun 14, 2018
Hi everyone..I'm new here and I must say you guys are doing a great job here..my visa was delayed today 14/6/2018 and am looking forward to reapplying next week to enable me to get a date cuz my school will be resuming August 30,it is an MBA program.This is my transcript below.

Me : Good morning
V.O: no response
V.O: pass me your passport and I.20
Me:I passed it
V. O: why going to USA
M.e:I am going for my master of business administration at Ashland University, Ashland,Ohio
V. O:why this course?
M.e:to have an indepeth knowledge of business principles and practices, also to acquire a managerial and leadership skills and to avail my self in international company and eventually to own my business
V. O:what will you do after your program?
M.e:I will come back home to take up a job because my degree will make me stand out and it will be easy for me to get a job
V.o: Are you married?
M.e: No sir
V. O: you got kids?
V. O:have you travelled outside Nigeria
M.e:No sir..
V. O:how would you fund your trip?
M e:my sister is paying for it
V. O:what does she do for a living?
M.e: she's a business woman, a distributor of Nigeria bewery and Guinness product
V. O: sorry you are ineligible, this paper will explain more better.. I was given a blue paper section 214(b).

Please the gurus in the house, kindly help your boy here cuz I hope to apply again next week.. I am here to learn.. Godbless you all. No document was required

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by naira0(m): 10:35pm On Jun 14, 2018
RearVoice:
Please Good people of this Wonderful thread,
Can my father's best friend be my Sponsor?

Bro, I'm afraid, this line may not fly with the VO at all. I'm afraid.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by naira0(m): 10:44pm On Jun 14, 2018
Sirtenburg:

M.e:to have an indepeth knowledge of business principles and practices, also to acquire a managerial and leadership skills and to avail my self in international company and eventually to own my business
M.e:I will come back home to take up a job because my degree will make me stand out and it will be easy for me to get a job
V. O:how would you find your trip?
M.e: she's a business woman, a distributor of Nigeria bewery and Guinness product
V. O: sorry you are ineligible, this paper will explain more better.. I was given a blue paper section 214(b).

Your responses to the bolded questions leave much to be desired. I'll implore gurus in the house to discuss the transcript especially as it affects the bolded questions.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 11:08pm On Jun 14, 2018
interndoctor:
Thanks

Let's give all the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 11:15pm On Jun 14, 2018
aphyz2709:

@Walspring Thanks for your help on this forum. Please I'd like to know if there's a similar discount for GRE. I intend to take the test by July ending and I've sent you a PM. Thanks.

Thanks to God and i have replied your pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 11:18pm On Jun 14, 2018
bigwizzy001:

Walspring, please I want soft copy of the GRE and TOELF materials too. I'm thinking of writing both exams before the end of the year against fall 2019 admission. My email address is tundebel2015@gmail.com

Thanks in anticipation

Materials sent

calculator123:

i will be needing too victoragboli@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sirtenburg(m): 11:19pm On Jun 14, 2018
Sirtenburg:
Hi everyone..I'm new here and I must say you guys are doing a great job here..my visa was delayed today 14/6/2018 and am looking forward to reapplying next week to enable me to get a date cuz my school will be resuming August 30,it is an MBA program.This is my transcript below.

M.e:I am going for my master of business administration at Ashland University, Ashland,Ohio

Please the gurus in the house, kindly help your boy here cuz I hope to apply again next week.. I am here to learn.. Godbless you all. No document was required
Help your boy please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Emmywizzy009: 11:27pm On Jun 14, 2018
please my pals is Murray' State University a reg flag
Because I don't understand
I have been denied 2 times ,in Lagos

My first interview march 20th. 6:30 am

All f1 visa denial
All female Vo
I saw one guy the guy just dey finish 1st vo the guy Don go USA like water, upon that dey still denial the f1 visa.... No visa was approved that I saw
...only one medical visa to 1 find bae

Me :good morning
Vo:good morning(with a smile )☺
Vo:where are you going to
Me :am going to Murray State University Kentucky
Vo:how do you get to know about this school
Me:a family friend actually recommend it to me, than I made my research on my course
Vo:why this university ?
Me :during my research I foundout that Murray State University has a good relationship with CIA organization and it also has
A well equipped cybersecurity lap which is going to give me a rich practical experience,
Vo:wow CIA you said
Me yes
Vo:How many university do you apply to
Me:two
Vo:name them
Me:Colorado Mesa University and Murray State University
Vo:Where is Colorado located
Me :colorada
Vo:ok nice (with a smile )
Vo:what is your first semester program
Me :sorry do you mean the courses I will be taking in my first semester
Vo:yeah
Me:introdution to computer science, computer security, statistic,
Vo who is your sponsor
Me:my step mum,she has been the one sponsor my education ever since I lost my dad
Vo:do she work.
Vo:yeah ,she work with Nigeria security and civil defense corps as a Commandent and she is also managing my late dad gas station..
Vo:cool(smile)
Vo:are you married
Me: (I give a big smile) no,am too young for that
Vosadthe vo don't say anything again just pass the my passport)
Me:can I know the reason for my denial..(I look her with a bad eye) �
Vo:please you are not eligible for a visa @this time apply again I just bonce

I think my Bleep is are you married because she been arranged my passport well of one white paper side but immediately
I ans she give me blue paper

My second interview May 18 ,,7:30

The vo was a young guy
He approved almost everybody before me( I think like 15or more people) but all b2 visa
Me and one guy was the only f1 visa he interviewed
And he denied the both of us, he interview the guy first before me, the guy school in India and have traveled to many countries

Me:good morning
Vo:good morning
Vo:pass me your passport and i-20
Me:ok sir (me pass it)
Vo:which university are you going to..
Me :am going to Murray State University of my bachelor degree in computer science but I will be specializing on cyber security.
Vo:why this course
Me:I actually pick interested on cyber security because of the hight rate of cyber crime in Nigeria which is cause by the poor computer security systems and lack of expert in this field (vo cut me)
Vo:how do you know about this school
Me :a family friend actually studied in the school and he is doing well here In Nigeria ,
Me:no but I have a girlfriend
vo:Who is sponsoring you
Me:my step mum, she has been the one sponsor my education ever since I lost my dad.

Than he started typing of a long time (like 5min
And said am sorry I can't give you a visa now maybe you should apply later
This blue paper will tell you why

I have Reapplied again but this time abuja

Please pals I need your help
Is Murray State University a red flag because I don't understand want happening

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by doublezero7(m): 11:28pm On Jun 14, 2018
Sirtenburg:

Really sorry about the delay. The VO believes you don't have strong home ties.

Kindly work on that before reapplying.

All the best sir. smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 11:30pm On Jun 14, 2018
Emmanuelson:
Visa denied yesterday June 13 by the black American woman denied the two in front of me.
My profile : Gre 313
Toefl : 110
Applied to five schools : university of New haven(50%scholarship, tamuk(in state tuition and $1k scholarship), university of New Hampshire($10k scholarship), MTSU and NCA. all accepted me and three gave me scholarship

Vo: pass your passport and i20
Me: passed
Vo: why computer science
Me: having studied computer engineering during my undergraduate, I started working in my department as a graduate assistant with a lecturer slot in waiting and I choose to study computer science because it aligned with my career goals and there are only few lecturers in my dept that can handle both fields of computer science and engineering so this will give me edge over the others

Vo: why USA?
Me : the us education systems have been deemed the best amongst all others and they are well know for their quality of education and research opportunities. Me Studying in an IT course and United States Being center of innovation and inventions with the big IT guys in the us I couldn’t think of a better place to go.
Vo: what’s your highest level of education and when ?
Me: B.Tech Computer engineering and 2015
Vo: what have you been doing since then ?
Me: went for my nysc and have since been working as a GA in my school where I graduated
Vo: how many schools did you apply too!
Me:five
Vo: why this school?
Me: apart from the fact that I got a 50% scholarship that is equivalent to $8,235, one unique thing about university of New Haven computer science program is their area of cyber security and digital forensics network.the school have a state of art Henry c Lee institute of forensic science that feature a crime scene simulator center.. vo cuts in
Vo: who is sponsoring you ?
Me: in addition to the 50% scholarship I got, my parents will take care of my remaining expenses
Vo: what do they do?
Me: dad is a senior officer in the Nigerian custom and mom lives and work in the us
Vo: what does she do?
Me : she’s a certified nursing assistant
Vo: have you traveled outside Nigeria before ?
Me: no , have not had any reason to
Vo: I see you have a brother in the us ?
Me: yes my little brother lives there along side my mom who are...she was typing then cuts in

I’m not convinced bla bla bla

Note: my mom and brother are both legal permanent residents in the US

I went with my mom to her interview as a beneficiary few years ago but I rejected the immigrant visa because I don’t want to migrate to the us...

I would love to reapply please are there dates available for recently denied applicants now?

Gurus in the house please help your boy oooh

@Bold...
I feel your fumble there because with your profile you are going for master degree but the answer sounds like someone who is going for another bsc.

Telling VO your area of interest in computer science that is so vast and wide would have been what the VO wanted to hear but unfortunately you said something else.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 11:31pm On Jun 14, 2018
marvinn:
Please can you explain more, i really don't understand the meaning of tier 2 Inst.

google is there to assist, i don't mean any harm with my post
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jamoyakz: 11:34pm On Jun 14, 2018
Emmywizzy009:
please my pals is Murray' State University a reg flag
Because I don't understand
I have been denied 2 times ,in Lagos

My first interview march 20th. 6:30 am

All f1 visa denial
All female Vo
I saw one guy the guy just dey finish 1st vo the guy Don go USA like water, upon that dey still denial the f1 visa.... No visa was approved that I saw
...only one medical visa to 1 find bae

Me :good morning
Vo:good morning(with a smile )☺
Vo:where are you going to
Me :am going to Murray State University Kentucky
Vo:how do you get to know about this school
Me:a family friend actually recommend it to me, than I made my research on my course
Vo:why this university ?
Me :during my research I foundout that Murray State University has a good relationship with CIA organization and it also has
A well equipped cybersecurity lap which is going to give me a rich practical experience,
Vo:wow CIA you said
Me yes
Vo:How many university do you apply to
Me:two
Vo:name them
Me:Colorado Mesa University and Murray State University
Vo:Where is Colorado located
Me :colorada
Vo:ok nice (with a smile )
Vo:what is your first semester program
Me :sorry do you mean the courses I will be taking in my first semester
Vo:yeah
Me:introdution to computer science, computer security, statistic,
Vo who is your sponsor
Me:my step mum,she has been the one sponsor my education ever since I lost my dad
Vo:do she work.
Vo:yeah ,she work with Nigeria security and civil defense corps as a Commandent and she is also managing my late dad gas station..
Vo:cool(smile)
Me: (I give a big smile) no,am too young for that
Vosadthe vo don't say anything again just pass the my passport)
Me:can I know the reason for my denial..(I look her with a bad eye) �
Vo:please you are not eligible for a visa @this time apply again I just bonce

I think my Bleep is are you married because she been arranged my passport well of one white paper side but immediately
I ans she give me blue paper

My second interview May 18 ,,7:30

The vo was a young guy
He approved almost everybody before me( I think like 15or more people) but all b2 visa
Me and one guy was the only f1 visa he interviewed
And he denied the both of us, he interview the guy first before me, the guy school in India and have traveled to many countries

Me:good morning
Vo:good morning
Vo:pass me your passport and i-20
Me:ok sir (me pass it)
Vo:which university are you going to..
Me :am going to Murray State University of my bachelor degree in computer science but I will be specializing on cyber security.
Vo:why this course
Me:I actually pick interested on cyber security because of the hight rate of cyber crime in Nigeria which is cause by the poor computer security systems and lack of expert in this field (vo cut me)
Vo:how do you know about this school
Me :a family friend actually studied in the school and he is doing well here In Nigeria ,
Me:no but I have a girlfriend
vo:Who is sponsoring you
Me:my step mum, she has been the one sponsor my education ever since I lost my dad.

Than he started typing of a long time (like 5min
And said am sorry I can't give you a visa now maybe you should apply later
This blue paper will tell you why

I have Reapplied again but this time abuja

Please pals I need your help
Is Murray State University a red flag because I don't understand want happening

how old are you and when did you finish secondary school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sirtenburg(m): 11:34pm On Jun 14, 2018
doublezero7:

Really sorry about the delay. The VO believes you don't have strong home ties.please what do you think might be done? I need a solution, any tips would be helpful..cheers

Kindly work on that before reapplying.

All the best sir. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 11:40pm On Jun 14, 2018
nosagiez:

VO. Your passport please
ME. Have it sir

ME. Yes sir.

VO. Your I20 please
ME. This is it sir.

ME. Yes sir,

ME. Yes sir,

VO. Let me take a look
ME. I passed it,

ME. Yes sir

ME. OK sir.

My interview was on 12th of June at Abuja. This evening I got a text that my passport is ready for collection and my status has been changed from AP to Issued.

The account I used wasa company account. The statement balance I submitted was 8M but it was withdrawn within 12days to 99k (so basically they are not after your balance just the authenticity of the account)

Congrats and where is the celebration ground in Abuja?
Make i show or fall in

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 11:41pm On Jun 14, 2018
RearVoice:
Please Good people of this Wonderful thread,
Can my father's best friend be my Sponsor?

anyone can be your sponsor as long as you can prove and tell the VO why the so called person is sponsoring you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jamoyakz: 11:41pm On Jun 14, 2018
Walspring:

Congrats and where is the celebration ground in Abuja? Make i show or fall in
Oga abj cold to night after the down fall
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jamoyakz: 11:41pm On Jun 14, 2018
Walspring:

Congrats and where is the celebration ground in Abuja? Make i show or fall in
Oga abj cold to night after the down fall

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.