Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (913615 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Patrick2go: 11:45am On Jun 15, 2018
nosagiez:
Visa Approved after two days on AP. Abuja Embassy

VO. Good morning and welcome to United State Of America
ME. (Fear catch me, I thought I am in US embassy). Good morning sir.

VO. Your passport please
ME. Have it sir

VO. Thank you, I can see you are going to Middle Tennessee State University
ME. Yes sir.

VO. Your I20 please
ME. This is it sir.

VO. Thank you, I can see here that you were offer a graduate assistantship that covers your tuition and a living expenses.
ME. Yes sir,

VO. Do you have a letter for your assistantship offer?
ME. Yes sir,

VO. Let me take a look
ME. I passed it,

VO. What does your assistantship entails?
ME. I will be teaching 8hrs every week on the laboratory sir.

VO. Ok! I can also see that your family is your sponsor, which of your family member?
ME. Yes sir, my grandfather sir, though he's late but I have a sponsorship from him company. My uncle is currently managing the company sir.

VO. Do you have a bank statement from your grandfather?
ME. Yes sir, from the company, my grandfather is làte sir.

VO. I can't approved your Visa now, I have to check if your statement is genuine. Do you know if you bring a fake statement you will be banned from entering the US for forever.
ME. Yes sir

VO. OK we will get back to you, I will keep your passport, your I20 and your statement.
ME. OK sir.

My interview was on 12th of June at Abuja. This evening I got a text that my passport is ready for collection and my status has been changed from AP to Issued.

The account I used wasa company account. The statement balance I submitted was 8M but it was withdrawn within 12days to 99k (so basically they are not after your balance just the authenticity of the account)

PS. I wrote GRE twice and I scored 280 and 286 respectively. V140 Q146 AWA 3.0 God showed up for me when I made my application. I got admitted into MTSU with full funding and a comfortable monthly stipends.

My advice is that you should make that application and let God do the rest. Thank you fellow NairaLanders.

Nathaniel bassey's song.....singing... "This God is too good ooo... "

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Larox: 11:58am On Jun 15, 2018
Hello friends, when your first interview was in Lagos, how do you see scheduling your second interview in Abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2018
Larox:
Hello friends, when your first interview was in Lagos, how do you see scheduling your second interview in Abuja?

There is no rule to where you do your interview. Either lagos or abuja is okay, all depends on which one is closer and convenient for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femzy9099: 12:34pm On Jun 15, 2018
bigwizzy001:

Thanks
I also graduated from Eksu but never went for my transcript. Please when you've successfully done that, get back to me so I can know the processes and the cost implications.

Thanks [color=#000099][/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femzy9099: 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2018
learner007:

Congratulation to everyone that has his/her visa approved already.
Thanks Bros, e don tay on..lol. How ur end na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dahyur119: 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2018
nosagiez:

VO. Your passport please
ME. Have it sir

ME. Yes sir.

VO. Your I20 please
ME. This is it sir.

VO. Thank you, I can see here that you were offer a graduate assistantship that covers your tuition and a living expenses.
ME. Yes sir,

ME. Yes sir,

VO. Let me take a look
ME. I passed it,

VO. Ok! I can also see that your family is your sponsor, which of your family member?
ME. Yes sir, my grandfather sir, though he's late but I have a sponsorship from him company. My uncle is currently managing the company sir.

VO. I can't approved your Visa now, I have to check if your statement is genuine. Do you know if you bring a fake statement you will be banned from entering the US for forever.
ME. Yes sir

VO. OK we will get back to you, I will keep your passport, your I20 and your statement.
ME. OK sir.

My interview was on 12th of June at Abuja. This evening I got a text that my passport is ready for collection and my status has been changed from AP to Issued.

The account I used wasa company account. The statement balance I submitted was 8M but it was withdrawn within 12days to 99k (so basically they are not after your balance just the authenticity of the account)

PS. I wrote GRE twice and I scored 280 and 286 respectively. V140 Q146 AWA 3.0 God showed up for me when I made my application. I got admitted into MTSU with full funding and a comfortable monthly stipends.

My advice is that you should make that application and let God do the rest. Thank you fellow NairaLanders.
Hello bro can I send you a mail? I want to make some inquires from you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dahyur119: 2:20pm On Jun 15, 2018
nosagiez:

VO. Your passport please
ME. Have it sir

ME. Yes sir.

VO. Your I20 please
ME. This is it sir.

ME. Yes sir,

ME. Yes sir,

VO. Let me take a look
ME. I passed it,

ME. Yes sir

ME. OK sir.

hello bro do you do a WES Evaluation bc the department is asking for a Wes evaluation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 2:59pm On Jun 15, 2018
lasthero:

although i dont know your CGPA and your profile but here are my observations.
1. the overall ranking of that school is so low. 27/100. also, it isn't ranked among top schools and also, the business program isnt ranked as well. i will suggest you shoot for a school with minimum average of 40% and a ranked business program.

2. Also at the bold part, work on that part and attach the response to your concentration and its importance to your career
Bro can you help me Check Bachelors Degree at Utah Valley University?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by olukoredejay: 3:20pm On Jun 15, 2018
Good day house, please help me scrutine my proposed transcript. My interview is next week, your inputs and corrections will be highly appreciated.
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning how are you doing today?
VO: Pass me your passport and I20
Me: Passed
VO: Tell me about your study plan
Me: I will be going to the University of Arkansas at Little rock for 24months for Masters in Business Administration (MBA). I am expected to complete 33 credit hours prior graduation. Some of the courses include; managing your career, accounting for managers, management of human capital, managerial economics, operations and supply chain management, strategic management of information system and technology, etc. After graduation, I will return to Nigeria to take up a managerial role in the ever growing telecommunication industry like XYZ Limited where I currently work.
VO: Have you been to the US before
Me: No, have not had reasons to
VO: Why did you choose MBA?
Me: Pursuing a master in business administration will help broaden my managerial knowledge and exposure and enhance my managerial competence and capacity. This will help me find more opportunities and better prospects. In a competitive world, higher qualifications in a field as business administration will serve greatly to give me a better chance to join the industry of my choice as a long term career prospect.
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 2; University of Arkansas and Indiana university of Pennsylvania
VO: Why UALR?
Me: From the first time I made contact with them the experience has been amazing. Prompt replies to emails and all the support staff are ever ready to help. Also, I have interacted with few current students who are pursuing their masters at this university. They advised its one of the universities that offers research opportunities in the field I will be studying and on top of that it has great faculty. I have been accepted to a few other universities as well but this one appeal to me. It is because the courses that are offered perfectly align with my area of interest. Courses such as: managing your career, operations and supply chain management, strategic management of information system and technology, accounting for managers, managerial economics and the rest.
VO: Where do you work?
Me: XYZ Limited
VO: What do you do?
Me: I am a regional stock controller
VO: Tell me your job functions
Me: I forecast supply and demand for stock to avoid overstocking and under stocking, I enter sales and purchase details into internal database, I track shipments to address delay, I coordinate regular inventory audits, I liaise with warehouse staff and internal teams to test product quality i.e I carry out quality control of products.
VO: Are you married?
Me: Yes
VO: Any kids?
Me: Yes (two beautiful kids)
VO: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: My Dad
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is into real estate
VO: I will be approving your visa.
Me: Thank you.

Note: my GRE scores is 155, 158 and 4.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ezseun: 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2018
Walspring:

Materials sent

Hello,
Please, I need the materials too, kindly send to ezseun@gmail.com.
God Bless You.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by naira0(m): 5:17pm On Jun 15, 2018
bee17:
hello my people in the house, got denied on 13th June 7am interview.
transcript goes thus;.
(tried to greet her first, but she did before I could do DAT)
me: Good morning ma(with a great smile)
VO: ur passport and i20 pls?
me: I gave it to her
VO: (typed for some minutes) why accounting?
me: accounting has been my dream course, and also d act of keeping record of transactions, with this I can work in any organizations profit or non profit making organization.
VO: why NAU?
me: i chose NAU because the school teaches more deeply in accounting and also its like a home for every international students because it offers some self support services like scholarship opportunities, sport facilities and also the climatic condition is good enough to adapt to the system easily.
VO: (typed for some minutes again, later handed the d blue paper) sorry, but you can reapply.

kindly point out my errors here, I need to know what went wrong in my transcript, cos I want to know if I should refire or not.(confused)

thanks and God bless you all.

Typical school boy responses and delivery.

The situation is not bleak. Up your game, do a serious preparation and mock interview, and then refire. The result will amaze you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by cojunior: 5:37pm On Jun 15, 2018
I am so sorry I am posting my transcript late. I did my interview 22nd of May, 2018.

Vo: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning; I have a little cough please bear with me.
Vo: No problem
Vo: What do you want to do in the US
Me: I am going to Florida State University to study PhD in educational leadership and administration with a special focus on improving the quality of basic education in developing countries: beginning with Nigeria.
Vo: what's your background
Me: I have bachelor's degree in educational management at AAUA and masters degree in educational management at University of Ibadan.

Vo: when did you finish your masters degree
Me: 2016

Vo: what have you been doing since then?

Me: I worked for an NGO then later got a job at.... And I told her my job description.

Vo: do you know the name of your advisor?
Me: Yes, Dr... Stammered several times. I had 24 messages with this my advisor with Skype call and I almost forgot her name. I later mentioned her name.

Vo: what will this course do for you
Me: Over 10.5 million children are out of school in Nigeria and I hope to bring up strategies, techniques and methods to increase the access to basic education. I will also be part of a project done in Nigeria sponsored by United States agency for international development. I stammered when I wanted to mention the name of the project. In fact, that was why I was given full tuition wavier and stipend.
I also look forward to being a professor and a consultant of educational leadership and administration with a special focus on improving basic education in developing countries.

VO: Who will pay the remaining bill on your i20($7k plus) ?

Me: My brother. He works as software quality assurance engineer at...

Vo: Can I have his bank statement?

Me: sure!

Vo: when did your brother go to the US?

Me:Please , I don't know

Vo: I am afraid your brother is in Georgia

Me: I kept quiet

Vo:who is he?

Me: My step brother, the same father but not the same mother.

Vo: ok

Vo: have you traveled out before?

Me: Yes, I went to Dubai for a conference

Vo: are you married?

Me: No

Vo: do you have children?

Me: No

Vo: Pick up your visa. I didn't hear anything again.

My latest profile is summarized below:

> Undergraduate CGPA: 4.1/5

> Masters degree CGPA: 5.8/7-- best graduating result.

> Two conferences attended

> Two publications

> One paper accepted for publication

> Four online statement of accomplishments

> One conference paper

> One workshop attended

> Two professional qualifications

> GRE scores: 297 ( 148- verbal and 149- quantitative) and Analytical writing is 3.5

> New GRE scores: 296 ( 144- verbal and 152- quantitative) and Analytical writing is 3.5

> TOEFL: 87

> Few years of teaching experience.

> Currently working as Education and Policy Officer at a school of security

> Currently the head of content development for an NGO

@ Femi321, @Lagosismyhome and others I appreciate you so much. Femi321, I remember your contributions when I posted my profile here. I appreciate!

22 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bettertomorrow1(m): 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Good is subjective .... my poor score might be your good score and vice versa .

I don't think both the toefl or sat are good , but that me because I expect much higher . Hence why I said you have admission so focus on that and how you present yourself

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by statistical: 6:25pm On Jun 15, 2018
Please I finished service 2months ago and have BSc STATISTICS with 3.41 Cgpa. If I want to apply for a scholarship in the US, MSC STATISTICS , what are my suppose to do. I mean the steps involve

My uncle, wife and children lives in the United State.
My in law stays in the US too

Where are my starting from please?

Advice needed please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 6:42pm On Jun 15, 2018
statistical:
Please I finished service 2months ago and have BSc STATISTICS with 3.41 Cgpa. If I want to apply for a scholarship in the US, MSC STATISTICS , what are my suppose to do. I mean the steps involve

My uncle, wife and children lives in the United State.
My in law stays in the US too

Where are my starting from please?

Advice needed please.
Start from reading this thread from page 1, there is a reason why this thread is been kept and not like snapchat. Its tiring repeating same answer almost every minute. You should be done reading this thread like a novel in 2weeks, you will be happy you did

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hi Walspring. Pls I need GRE & TOEFL prep materials, I'm writing my exams in September. Really appreciate. fib.mido21@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 6:47pm On Jun 15, 2018
cojunior:
I am so sorry I am posting my transcript late. I did my interview 22nd of May, 2018.

Me: Good Morning; I have a little cough please bear with me!
You welcome, all the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nosagiez(m): 7:45pm On Jun 15, 2018
Dahyur119:
hello bro do you do a WES Evaluation bc the department is asking for a Wes evaluation?

I didn't do any evaluation, I don't know know how they manage to overlook it and send my application to the admission committee without evaluation. You can try, just submitted your application and pray.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nosagiez(m): 7:51pm On Jun 15, 2018
Dahyur119:

Hello bro can I send you a mail? I want to make some inquires from you

Have replied your email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 7:53pm On Jun 15, 2018
femi312:
Start from reading this thread from page 1, there is a reason why this thread is been kept and not like snapchat. Its tiring repeating same answer almost every minute. You should be done reading this thread like a novel in 2weeks, you will be happy you did
Don't you think there's a way he can file for immigration considering that all of his immediate family as well as one or more distant families live there
@statistical
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bashbanks(m): 8:07pm On Jun 15, 2018
Can someone please help me with Toefl and Gre prep materials.. Plsssss My email is bankolebashir@gmail.com
@walspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 8:34pm On Jun 15, 2018
Olalekank:

Don't you think there's a way he can file for immigration considering that all of his immediate family as well as one or more distant families live there
@statistical
If that is the case then why is he even thinking about F1 visa if he has a legal wife in the US? I just assumed he meant 'My Uncle, his wife and kids' live in the US.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:41pm On Jun 15, 2018
Olalekank:

@statistical

Let me reword it grin

My uncle, his wife and his children lives in the United State.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tsquare299(m): 8:58pm On Jun 15, 2018
please, help me with TOEFL materials. I really need it. Thanks. tewogbadetunde@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 9:44pm On Jun 15, 2018
Good evening my people, please can someone who have NCE Certificate go for Masters directly or need to go for undergraduate first?

please i need your contributions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 10:03pm On Jun 15, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Let me reword it grin

My uncle, his wife and his children lives in the United State.
grin probably I assumed wrongly but it still shouldn't be an issue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 10:04pm On Jun 15, 2018
femi312:
If that is the case then why is he even thinking about F1 visa if he has a legal wife in the US? I just assumed he meant 'My Uncle, his wife and kids' live in the US.
I misquoted also. It's alright.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OluDare01(m): 11:41pm On Jun 15, 2018
cojunior:

Me: Good Morning; I have a little cough please bear with me.
Vo: No problem
Vo: What do you want to do in the US
Me: I am going to Florida State University to study PhD
Congratulations bro! I think you're the one dmajor told me about.
I hope you'll have a great time in Tallahasee.
Go noles!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mayflowa(m): 12:10am On Jun 16, 2018
Walspring:

@Bold...
I feel your fumble there because with your profile you are going for master degree but the answer sounds like someone who is going for another bsc.

Telling VO your area of interest in computer science that is so vast and wide would have been what the VO wanted to hear but unfortunately you said something else.

That is not possibly the reason he was denied. The VO believes he is an intending immigrant since his mom and brother already live in the US. The VO is just unfair
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by shayhune: 1:33am On Jun 16, 2018
bee17:
hello my people in the house, got denied on 13th June 7am interview.
transcript goes thus;.
(tried to greet her first, but she did before I could do DAT)
me: Good morning ma(with a great smile)
VO: ur passport and i20 pls?
me: I gave it to her
VO: (typed for some minutes) why accounting?
me: accounting has been my dream course, and also d act of keeping record of transactions, with this I can work in any organizations profit or non profit making organization.
VO: why NAU?
me: i chose NAU because the school teaches more deeply in accounting and also its like a home for every international students because it offers some self support services like scholarship opportunities, sport facilities and also the climatic condition is good enough to adapt to the system easily.
VO: (typed for some minutes again, later handed the d blue paper) sorry, but you can reapply.

kindly point out my errors here, I need to know what went wrong in my transcript, cos I want to know if I should refire or not.(confused)

thanks and God bless you all.

@bolded. Your responses sounded shallow. You need to work on them. A lot of schools in the US offer financial support to international students, so that response does not add up. You need to align your responses to what makes the school and your major distinct. Go to your school's website as well as your dept's page and read up what makes them peculiar.

Also, which school is NAU? Is it Nnamdi Azikiwe University grin...Just kidding but your school's profile also matters.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sirjunzenblaze: 1:53am On Jun 16, 2018
Visa Delayed
US Embassy: Lagos, Nigeria

I got a scholarship from a High School to play American Football of $38 730 out of $40 730
Went with my sister as a minor who would also pay the $2000 left

Vo: Good morning.Can I have your passport and i20
Me: (I passed it)
Vo: where are you going to?
Me: I'm going to xxxx high School in Bleep USA to study and play American Football
Vo: How did you get the school?
Me: I got the school through a camp I attended where a coach was impressed with my size and skills and introduced me to xxxxx American football foundation where I sent my videos to the Founder xxxxxx and xxxxx who were impressed and referred me to their website where I registered and my profile was sent out to several high Schools, I had several interest but I chose Bleep high School because they best fit me and i have a relationship with the School staff and the football team Is among the best in their Conference.
Vo: How long have you been playing football?
Me: Since 2016
Me: I also took the standardized test, SSAT, and I got my enrolment contract.
VO: (didnt say anything)
VO: When are you supposed to graduate?
Me: 2020
VO: After graduation what next?
Me: I hope to get a College Scholarship to further my education and play football but If I don't then I would return to my Country to further my education at a University
VO: Where would you be staying?
Me: I would be staying in the School Dormitory and I have with me a letter from the school (I passed him the letter, he looks at it briefly then types for 3 minutes)
VO: Unfortunately, you are ineligible for a visa at this time, the reasons are in this paper (he hands me my passport and the letter)
Me: Thank you

He didn't talk about the $38,730 financial aid offered to me by the college, with an outstanding $2,000 to be paid by my sponsor. Also didn't ask for the Bank statement of my sponsor. Lots of visa applications were denied on that day.

HELP! WHAT WENT WRONG.

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.