Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (917398 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sanctus1(m): 5:37pm On Jan 14, 2018
jamoyakz:
exactly my thoughts because the way consular officers are drilling applicants and delaying them is quite alarming compare to fall 2017. even the visas fee is a pure scam 160 dollars at 400 naira per dollars... even in the most remote black market it's not sold at that rate...

omo oga TRUMP wan flush Africans out of USA......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by presh68(f): 6:07pm On Jan 14, 2018
TWoods:

These questions should be addressed to your pro
spective school.
OK sir,Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by princeGee23: 7:59pm On Jan 14, 2018
Do you think, we are here to play? People like you will allow Twood to hammer you.

Gospelozy:

Mr. Folmus,no be small since last year oo cheesy. Had hiccups on the way.
CGPA 3.77, GRE 276. Analytical writings not yet out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TimmyBee: 8:10pm On Jan 14, 2018
TimmyBee:
Good Day Great People, I am a newbie here and I need some enlightenment. I wish to apply for MSc Finance in the US, but I have a constraint, my BSc CGPA is low. I had 2.6/5. I wish to know if I stand a chance to get Admission provided I have a good GRE score. I believe I can do well in GRE if I prepare well for it.

Kindly help me with necessary information that I need, if this CGPA is good enough to get me Masters Admission or I should stay back for my masters here and go for PhD in the States.

Your expert opinions will be very much appreciated.

Ple
TimmyBee:
Good Day Great People, I am a newbie here and I need some enlightenment. I wish to apply for MSc Finance in the US, but I have a constraint, my BSc CGPA is low. I had 2.6/5. I wish to know if I stand a chance to get Admission provided I have a good GRE score. I believe I can do well in GRE if I prepare well for it.

Kindly help me with necessary information that I need, if this CGPA is good enough to get me Masters Admission or I should stay back for my masters here and go for PhD in the States.

Please I need somebody to attend to my inquiry. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tactmayor: 8:22pm On Jan 14, 2018
I have a CGPA of 3.73/4.00 and GRE-303. I have applied to 1 school, i want to apply to more schools. Please give suggestions on good schools with funding opportunities to apply to for Msc in Civil Engineering fall 2018 or 2019.
TWoods:

Did you send any? What was your question?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Beautyaddy: 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2018
jamoyakz:
exactly my thoughts because the way consular officers are drilling applicants and delaying them is quite alarming compare to fall 2017. even the visas fee is a pure scam 160 dollars at 400 naira per dollars... even in the most remote black market it's not sold at that rate...

Nigerians applying for student visas are not that only ones experiencing the extra drilling and maybe denials lately. It is happening with most countries that have been recorded with high rates of abusing the student visas by either dropping out of school once they get to the US or end up not returning back to their country even after completing the degrees they were given the visas for.

Most if not all the student visas applicants have mentioned it to the visa officers that they planned to return back to their country after completion of their studies in the US and how many so far have done so? Very little to none.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 11:26pm On Jan 14, 2018
TWoods:

You're being unnecessarily alarmist. People should feel free to come here and study. The H1B visa has not changed and is not likely to change much... the difference is that the visa is now being applied more stringently. The H1B was meant to be for people with rare skills. Unfortunately it's been abused by mostly IT companies who have been using it to bring in low skilled cheap labor from India. There are two reasons the H1B appears to be getting more difficult:
1. Unlike before where renewals of H1Bs was almost a given, now each renewal is now treated as a fresh application.
2. they are now scrutinizing H1Bs to ensure that it is indeed going to the best and brightest - for example, does your job REALLY require an advanced skill? Are you being paid wages commensurate with your skill? The folks who are getting hit the hardest are Indian IT companies who now have to justify every single cheap labor H1B.

Don't forget also, there are literally thousands of H1B folks here. Considering that the feds have been in a hiring freeze for a while, it is getting more difficult to process each application/renewal in record time.

This goes back to a lot of the advice I've given here before that folks like to dismiss - apply and get in to top schools! Go for degrees that are in demand (not social work and criminal justice), degrees that guarantee you a skilled job that American employers are seeking to fill. If a top US employer is looking to hire you with top pay, there is no executive order that can stop you. If you attended a 1-building school to earn a masters in English... well sorry. You get what you get.

Also, there is only so much executive orders can do. The OPT and H1B are enshrined in law and only congress can make substantive changes to them. The president can tighten a few screws with executive orders here and there but there is a limit to his power. Left to Trump, the diversity visa lottery system would long have ended and you would no longer be able to petition for an immigrant visa for relatives... but again, this requires legislative change and there is nothing he can do to this. This is not the Buhari government.

Thank you. I don't see where anyone was misguided here and people have been told to apply to top schools countless time. Trump's plans haven't changed current visa application from Nigeria. There is no time visa/green card/citizenship is dashed to people on a silver platter. The number of deny will still be higher than approve anytime. Though imigration in U.S is getting tighter everyday but still, there is check and balance in place.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 11:32pm On Jan 14, 2018
jamoyakz:

How would you use fall application as the base of your conclusion? Fall approval rate in any year is always higher than spring, likewise the number of application in fall is always higher than that of spring. And if your concern is amount denied, check previous threads long before Trump and see how people were denied. As it stands now, visa approval and denial from Nigeria are still the same.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 12:24am On Jan 15, 2018
biikeys:

And it's a okay to then violate a non-disclosure agreement in an email? Btw..I don't think anything relating to general school admissions should involve NDAs-these are infos you can easily look up and disclose!

Hi. I will let you know when we can meet. Right now I'm staying in this hotel in Tonawanda till I can secure an apartment in Allenton.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Teedawg: 12:32am On Jan 15, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Nigerians applying for student visas are not that only ones experiencing the extra drilling and maybe denials lately. It is happening with most countries that have been recorded with high rates of abusing the student visas by either dropping out of school once they get to the US or end up not returning back to their country even after completing the degrees they were given the visas for.

Most if not all the student visas applicants have mentioned it to the visa officers that they planned to return back to their country after completion of their studies in the US and how many so far have done so? Very little to none.

What if they did not ask you whether you'll come back does that still count cheesy ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lhimeet(m): 1:49am On Jan 15, 2018
lyrondee:

Sweden and USA aint relatives grin grin

Please follow the right thread
Actually,I didn't want to derail the thread but I went through the pages but couldn't find any reasonable thread for my question...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by darryjay16(m): 2:02am On Jan 15, 2018
Klebsy:
Hello everyone
I am sorry this is coming very late. Better late than never. Thanks for all the transcripts posted here, they've been of good use to silent users like me. I had my interview on Friday, Dec 22. It was a quick one. My transcript goes thus:

VO: Collects my I-20. What are you going to the US for?
Me: I am going for my Ms Food Science at the North Carolina A&T state University.
VO: What is your professional goal?
Me: (Takes a pause, this question was totally unexpected ). I would like to be a professional in food preservation in a bid to apply myself to tackling yhe rising food security issues in a developing country like Nigeria.
VO: Did you write any standardized test?
Me: I didn’t, as it was waived because of my gpa and statement of purpose.
VO: What courses will you be taking?
Me: Nutrition and disease, Food preservation, Hazard analysis and critical control points, Food quality control, etc
VO: How applicable are these courses to your professional goal?
Me: (Almost went dumb) Food preservation is central amongst other factors to achieving food security. The knowledge of Nutrition and quality control ensures nutrition is not compromised in a bid to achieving food preservation.
VO: Who will be sponsoring you?
Me: My dad
VO: What does he do for a living?
Me: (mentions my dad's profession)
VO: Do you have any proof to support his abilities to sponsor you?
Me: Passes my SOA
VO: This is not recent and it's for september
Me: I used this when I applied
VO: Has he ever travelled before?
Me: No, he has had no reason to.
I figured this might be the deciding factor and saw her typing away. I had an assistantship from the school which was not documented on my I-20. At that point, I had to scream at the top of my voice, ma'am! I have an assistantship from the school
VO: oh! This isn't stated on your I-20.
She collected my letter of assistantship and put me on administrative processing.
My start date was Jan 8 and it was a race against time. Visa was eventually approved on Jan 3 and was picked up Friday, Jan 5. I had to travel on Sunday just to enter the US on the 8th. I just spent the first week here in the US and I must confess it's been stressful.
Thanks to God and nairaland for making this a dream come true.

Congrats

please I have some enquiry about the school and the same course. I'm almost through with my application. PM you already

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Klebsy: 2:26am On Jan 15, 2018
[darryjay16
Please check your inbox. I already repliedquote author=darryjay16 post=64205977]

Congrats

please I have some enquiry about the school and the same course. I'm almost through with my application. PM you already[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfamo(m): 3:12am On Jan 15, 2018
Ijebuboy525:
welcome on board, but I've never noticed that course on the school website.
Can I pm you bros?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 4:20am On Jan 15, 2018
bigfamo:

Can I pm you bros?
No prob
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 5:29am On Jan 15, 2018
TimmyBee:

The experts you need are the admissions coordinators for the schools you intend to attend in the United States.

Please direct your questions to them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tactmayor: 5:37am On Jan 15, 2018
I have a CGPA of 3.73/4.00 and GRE-303. I have applied to 1 school, i want to apply to more schools. Please give suggestions on good schools with funding opportunities to apply to for Msc in Civil Engineering fall 2018 or 2019.
TWoods:

The experts you need are the admissions coordinators for the schools you intend to attend in the United States.

Please direct your questions to them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 7:04am On Jan 15, 2018
tactmayor:

the time you've spent spamming this thread with the intellectually lazy question above would have been better spent searching for a school yourself. Last I checked, you don't ask me to give you suggestions on what to eat for dinner.

Yours is a confused mishmash. You don't seem to have any goals other than "aspiring" to go to the US, using school as a fraudulent mechanism. It ought to be embarrassing to you that you cannot carry out the simplest task for yourself - searching for a school that offers the degree you are interested in. I typed this into bing just a few seconds ago (msc civil engineering USA) and I got a ton of results. Even the 1 school you're screeching that you've applied to was suggested to you by someone here. Another person paid your application fee for you. There is no structure to whatever you are doing, you seem to be bumbling blindly from one position to another... has it occurred to you that majority of the serious schools who would have funding opportunities already closed their applications period? Most serious students who will be granted funding turned in their applications months ago... you're still here asking questions you could have easily solved on google?

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 7:12am On Jan 15, 2018
tactmayor:
Stop spamming this thread with this same post. No one can give you schools to apply to. You had a first class, you should be able to do proper research online using all the links that have been posted and reposted several times on this forum. I dont mean to sound harsh but sometimes one needs to hear the truth and not what you want to hear. By the way, if by now you are still looking for schools to apply to, you will end up applying to a mediocre school because most good schools close funding application as early as Dec 15 and some Jan 15. If you end up not getting admision for fall, just plan towards Spring 2019/Fall 2019 and look at the options of re-writing Gre to get a better score. Please dont go and waste that your GPA in one unranked school. I gave you a link to civil engineering schools ranking but you decided to ignore it and start looking for help where there is non. A serious person would have visited almost all the schools on that list to see their requirements and deadlines. I am not exaggerating, I visited all the schools on that list from 1 to 100 some years ago when I was at your stage.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by BigBUMBUM: 7:48am On Jan 15, 2018
Please guys i wanna use another source to help finance my education like student loan will it be indicated in my sevis ? also will it affect my chances of getting my visa renewed ?
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by samhardy: 8:45am On Jan 15, 2018
Pls anyone who applied to southwest Minnesota state university usa or who is already studying there should pm me... I really nid to clarify something. Thank u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tactmayor: 9:05am On Jan 15, 2018
I simply said 2018 or 2019. Most good schools' applications for 2019 has not closed. Also, i have searched schools myself and I found the school i applied to myself even before it was suggested to me and before the deadline passed. All I needed here was your own suggestion on the issue because you are an experienced person and you might know people who applied to some schools and were not given funding because of some restrictions or schools where one can get the very best chances of funding due to the experience you have had with people. You just judged and based your comments on unpalatable assumptions.
TWoods:

the time you've spent spamming this thread with the intellectually lazy question above would have been better spent searching for a school yourself. Last I checked, you don't ask me to give you suggestions on what to eat for dinner.

Yours is a confused mishmash. You don't seem to have any goals other than "aspiring" to go to the US, using school as a fraudulent mechanism. It ought to be embarrassing to you that you cannot carry out the simplest task for yourself - searching for a school that offers the degree you are interested in. I typed this into bing just a few seconds ago (msc civil engineering USA) and I got a ton of results. Even the 1 school you're screeching that you've applied to was suggested to you by someone here. Another person paid your application fee for you. There is no structure to whatever you are doing, you seem to be bumbling blindly from one position to another... has it occurred to you that majority of the serious schools who would have funding opportunities already closed their applications period? Most serious students who will be granted funding turned in their applications months ago... you're still here asking questions you could have easily solved on google?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tactmayor: 9:10am On Jan 15, 2018
Bro tanx for the link you sent and I have checked them up to number 57. All i needed for asking the question was to get an experienced person's view because there are some things that will not be stated on the school's websites. You guys should not always assume that asking questions means one is not serious or just wants to run away. And 2019 has been part of my plans before.
femi312:
Stop spamming this thread with this same post. No one can give you schools to apply to. You had a first class, you should be able to do proper research online using all the links that have been posted and reposted several times on this forum. I dont mean to sound harsh but sometimes one needs to hear the truth and not what you want to hear. By the way, if by now you are still looking for schools to apply to, you will end up applying to a mediocre school because most good schools close funding application as early as Dec 15 and some Jan 15. If you end up not getting admision for fall, just plan towards Spring 2019/Fall 2019 and look at the options of re-writing Gre to get a better score. Please dont go and waste that your GPA in one unranked school. I gave you a link to civil engineering schools ranking but you decided to ignore it and start looking for help where there is non. A serious person would have visited almost all the schools on that list to see their requirements and deadlines. I am not exaggerating, I visited all the schools on that list from 1 to 100 some years ago when I was at your stage.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 15, 2018
tactmayor:
Bro tanx for the link you sent and I have checked them up to number 57. All i needed for asking the question was to get an experienced person's view because there are some things that will not be stated on the school's websites. You guys should not always assume that asking questions means one is not serious or just wants to run away. And 2019 has been part of my plans before.

Oga stop jumping from pillar to post and justifying your actions. No one here is entitled to search schools for you. You are expected to search schools and bring your schools here so that gurus can review them for you. Meanwhile, I would suggest you forget about searching for schools now and rewrite that GRE. There is no correlation between your GRE and your GPA. With your GPA and a 315+ GRE, you can comfortably get fully funded PhD offers from top 50 US universities in your field. No waste your GPA on a worthless school.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kenneth4000: 10:48am On Jan 15, 2018
Which university in usa can accept 2.96/4 Gpa for master program in engineering
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tactmayor: 11:18am On Jan 15, 2018
Tanx bro
Chidinho10:

Oga stop jumping from pillar to post and justifying your actions. No one here is entitled to search schools for you. You are expected to search schools and bring your schools here so that gurus can review them for you. Meanwhile, I would suggest you forget about searching for schools now and rewrite that GRE. There is no correlation between your GRE and your GPA. With your GPA and a 315+ GRE, you can comfortably get fully funded PhD offers from top 50 US universities in your field. No waste your GPA on a worthless school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2018
tactmayor:
Tanx bro

Always welcome fam
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Johnolukolade(m): 2:29pm On Jan 15, 2018
@bigfamo, have you left smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2018
kenneth4000:
Which university in usa can accept 2.96/4 Gpa for master program in engineering

How would we know? Ask them, we are not magicians here.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 3:05pm On Jan 15, 2018
tactmayor:

No amount of “experience” enables anyone one of us here to know what isn’t stated on the schools website. That is why every school clearly indicates a contact person on their site if you have questions.

While I do not assume that all questions are an indictment on your seriousness, many are. You’re asking for recommendations when a link to a comprehensive listing of schools was already provided for you. You claim to be asking questions from “experienced” persons when all that is needed is an email or phone call to your prospective schools contact person.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.