Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action (5669 Views)

Abia Teachers Embark On Indefinite Strike Over Non-Payment Of Salaries / Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike / PHOTOS: Tuc's Food Union (FOBTOB) In An Ongoing Nationwide Industrial Action. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by dsaintJ4Real(m): 7:24am On Dec 11, 2017
Below is the communique released by the National Executives of FOBTOB to its various units:

*NATIONAL DECLARED INDEFINITE STRIKE ACTION*
The FOBTOB National President has declared a National indefinate strike action from Today Monday 11/12/2017 in all Food,beverages and Tobacco Industries Nation wide.
According to the president the employer refused to listen to the voice of reasoning with all the effort of the association to avoid this action.They felt we are so small and the we cannot make any negative impact on the business with our actions.Therefore they don't care.This is very unfortunate as they refused to listen to our plea.
The employers feels we are not strong enough to make them changed their position. Find below a statement issued by the National president:
Dear Comrades, in reference to the on going struggle of NJIC in our industry, below are the excuses snd our resolve: Despite all effort so far,the employers have refused to listen to our plea and no other reasons than:
1-They feel we are not strong enough to force them to accede to our demands and afteral we are just an ordinary trade Association
2-That if they listen to us,they are likely to have problem with our Junior counterpart which they have promised not to allow senior staff to earn increment more than them
Which means our faith is tied to our Junior counter part,while ours not attach to the one of the managers
Presently,we are on 14%vs20% On this Note,I hereby declare total and indefinite strike with effect from Monday 11th of December 2017.
All units are directed to comply immediately .

See related news on Nairaland:
https://www.nairaland.com/4221937/photos-tucs-food-union-fobtob#63103634

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by systimax(m): 8:01am On Dec 11, 2017
This struggle is long overdue.
The AFBTE has displayed high level of unprofessionalism on the negotiation table.

For this to have degenerated to a nationwide strike, I strongly believe your time has come.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by GreatManBee: 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2017
grin
Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by wildcatter23(m): 7:08am On Dec 12, 2017
Q
Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by bright007(f): 7:09am On Dec 12, 2017
OK
Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by Samiceman: 7:09am On Dec 12, 2017
If na me be Buhari ehn? I swear I go declare indefinite strike too. What nonsense

1 Like

Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by anonimi: 7:09am On Dec 12, 2017
Barawo bubu, why are you ALWAYS like this
Always bringing bad luck.
Turning prosperity handed over to you into recession and suffering.
Why na, barawo bubu and 40 thieves cabal of the All Poverty Congress, APC?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6323110_screenshot20171126103451_jpeg9298781c1423f8462de42f499ff3942f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2200220_buharitimes_jpeg7f7af5477cac38029a73c90597c94226

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by pesty100(m): 7:09am On Dec 12, 2017
Observation mode activated
Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by obonujoker(m): 7:09am On Dec 12, 2017
Will these affect supply of food stuffs??

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by solochris(m): 7:10am On Dec 12, 2017
I did not even understand this post sef

1 Like

Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by Mentorkaryhm(m): 7:11am On Dec 12, 2017
this body has to realise that most of d govt policies didn't favour their employers, and also consider the state of the economy of the country, most companies in this category are struggling. Let them reason together and reach a favourably conclusion that will be a win-win for both. if not, some can loose their jobs

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by MrWondah(m): 7:13am On Dec 12, 2017
The posters above and bellow me if una no get any sensible thing to talk make una come join me sit down for ground
Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by anonimi: 7:13am On Dec 12, 2017
Samiceman:
If na me be Buhari ehn? I swear I go declare indefinite strike too. What nonsense

He has been on paid vacation of honeymoon in the other room of London since May 29, 2015.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829595_img16797799937954_jpeg_jpegf12ec4c2cf413bca7562fe43c2669fe4

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by DoyenExchange: 7:19am On Dec 12, 2017
I hope the strike doesn't affect the prices of food in the market.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by overlord29(m): 7:35am On Dec 12, 2017
undecided WiLL the Indefinite strike aCtiOn CauSe the pRiCe Of N15 & N30 Dano MiLk tO craSh baCk tO N10 & N20 respectively angry
Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by ultron12345: 7:43am On Dec 12, 2017
Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by easyfem(m): 7:45am On Dec 12, 2017
Can someone tell me the real reason for this strike ?
Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by NaijaEfcc: 7:49am On Dec 12, 2017
I hope we make it to 2019 embarassed
Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by Joshintua(m): 7:50am On Dec 12, 2017
Trying to even get the full meaning of the acronym and wat they stand for. Irrelevant body trying to be relevant
Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by john650(m): 8:36am On Dec 12, 2017
Joshintua:
Trying to even get the full meaning of the acronym and wat they stand for. Irrelevant body trying to be relevant
FOBTOB stands for Food, Beverage and Tobacco Senior Staff Association. It is an umbrella trade Union that represents workers in the big multinationals in the food, beverage and Tobacco industry such as Nigerian Breweries, Guinness Nigeria, Seven-Up Bottling Company, Nestle, FrieslandCampina WAMCO, among others.

They are demanding that their salaries be reviewed upwards to 20% instead of the 14% the Association of Food, Beverage and Tobacco Employers (AFBTE) agreed to. AFBTE represents the interest of the employers.

For more info, read it up here at http://beverageindustrynews.com.ng/index.php/2017/12/12/food-beverage-and-tobacco-workers-to-embark-on-strike/
Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by hucienda: 9:11am On Dec 12, 2017
na wa
Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by john650(m): 9:13am On Dec 12, 2017
easyfem:
Can someone tell me the real reason for this strike ?
Wages, benefits and hiring of expatriate workers by the companies instead of Nigerian workers.
Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by Jbuster: 9:43am On Dec 12, 2017
GOOD MORNING, SOMEONE SHOULD HELP ME REACH OUT TO CLUB KONNECT & VICTOR OJENEALO BRAIMOH, TO HELP ME REFUND MY 2,000 NAIRA OR HELP ME USE IT TO FUND MY WALLET. I SENT THE MONEY YESTERDAY EVENING FROM MY ACCESS BANK ACCOUNT, TO YOUR ACCESS BANK ACCOUNT. PLEASE BE FAST. I CALLED HUNDREDS OF TIMES NO RESPONSE, I SENT MESSAGES TO YOUR WHATSAPP NOT READ.
Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by samuelezekiel(m): 9:44am On Dec 12, 2017
overlord29:
undecided WiLL the Indefinite strike aCtiOn CauSe the pRiCe Of N15 & N30 Dano MiLk tO craSh baCk tO N10 & N20 respectively angry

No but it may cause it to increase due to scarcity
Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by smirn(m): 9:56am On Dec 12, 2017
anonimi:
Barawo bubu, why are you ALWAYS like this
Always bringing bad luck.
Turning prosperity handed over to you into recession and suffering.
Why na, barawo bubu and 40 thieves cabal of the All Poverty Congress, APC?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6323110_screenshot20171126103451_jpeg9298781c1423f8462de42f499ff3942f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2200220_buharitimes_jpeg7f7af5477cac38029a73c90597c94226
Comment on things you know and stop disgracing yourself.
Re: Breaking: TUC Food Union FOBTOB, Declares National Indefinite Strike Action by smirn(m): 10:11am On Dec 12, 2017
Mentorkaryhm:
this body has to realise that most of d govt policies didn't favour their employers, and also consider the state of the economy of the country, most companies in this category are struggling. Let them reason together and reach a favourably conclusion that will be a win-win for both. if not, some can loose their jobs
The companies are doing so well, you need to have a look at their performance in terms of earning and profit. The issue here is that the Junior staff category of the affected companies were given a 20% increase in salary which was to be implemented on two years bases of 10% each year from 2016. The last 10% was just recently effected hence the recent actions of the senior staff category who were given 14% increment once in 2016. There are now demanding that their percentage increment should be made to equal that of their Junior counterpart. Salary increment in the food, beverage and tobacco industry comes up every two years.
Make we they talk put for wetin we know. This has been the problem of Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Cyber Security / Why Companies Hold Assessment Centers / No Visible Corporate Norther Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.