Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos (26115 Views)

Impeachment: Ambode, Lagos Lawmakers Disagree On 2019 Budget / Aftermath Of Oluwo’s Defection: We’ve No Secret Deal With Ambode – Lagos PDP / Ambode: Lagos Invaded By Indigenes Of Failed States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by SalamRushdie: 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2017
Ambode still remains the best governor of Lagos state I know..Let give Vision scape and the cleaners lagos project the chance to deliver the professional vision of a cleaner Lagos
Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by bayulll011(m): 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2017
AutoReportNG:
The elders say if you can't maintain the standard, then don't start. Lagos is a centre of excellence and also a home to millions of people, with a population of about 20million Nigerians, it is a huge task to put the city into order. During the administration of Mr. Babatunde Fashola, Lagos is a clean city where roads and walkways are adorned with flowers, the PSP operators are always on time as they visit homes to collect your refuses and lots more, this seems to be a thing of the past as Lagos is getting dirtier daily, the PSP operators seem to have relaxed or reduced, LAWMA seems to have been scrapped, even the Cleaner Lagos which was launched some months back seems to be a facade as it's only on social media they seem to operate.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-1bZHqMlN1DE/Wi5sHXF3MOI/AAAAAAAAMls/JmshGYvgIi8Gg5nA8tXl6oz-Xuxo6kN4QCLcBGAs/s640/Lagos-community-Cleaner-initiative.png[/img]

AutoReportNG was at Lagos Island around Oluwole last week and half of the road was blocked with refuse, when we interviewed some of the market women and store owners around there, we were told that the PSP operators have refused to show up for past 4 days so that is why the place is filled up with dirt, even the high brow areas like Ikoyi, Lekki areas are getting the heat, an appeal is being made to Lagos state government to please savage this situation, Lagos was once a clean city some past 8 years ago, if it worked then, it can work now just that we need to set up our piorities right and take the right people.

This is a report from Alimosho area about the PSP operators...

The PSP operator for the Alimosho Local government Ward D which is Nakod Ventures for over 6 months to a year now they haven't come to collect waste and it's already scaling up to a mountain size. They have burnt and burnt and tired of burning. Yesterday they came together and packed up all the dirts together in the middle of Shasha road maybe the government would intervene now.....

See more pictures below...

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/12/a-clarion-call-to-gov-ambode-lagos-is.html

@Lalasticlala

1.Lagos traffic

Heaven knows these is one of the hellish and most annoying thing Lagosian go through daily,all the road are either bad or being in the state of comatose for more than a year due to reconstructuring and slow executions of projects by hes croonics called contractors.

how do you explain the traffic on the island and mainland,u spend most of your time on traffic,you wonder what happen to the fear of lasma we have during fashola regime,all you see is danfo drivers picking and causing traffic in all bus stops.

2.Refuse

lagos has turn to what i called a bin,no street in lagos you will pass through where there will not be gabbages of rubbish in streets,highways etc,he he is clueless on managing waste that was going on fine during fashola era,Ambode gave expatriate to manage the waste in his state these can only be said of someone who is clueless.

3. Infrastructures.

forget all the Elephant project,Ambode is looting Lagos dry,no accountable on all the project in lagos,is either those projects are over budgeted or projected in a manner that one will wonder what's going on,remember Abule Egba bridge and Ojota pedestrian bridge this is just one of those project,and someone should tell him o stop buying generators to power those street,a sensible and visionary leaders envisage and solve problems that may arise in the future not buying generators to police and adding to global warming.

4.Education.

i have not seen anything in these area,Ambode still enjoy all the policies Fashola put into place,fashola build and renovated all the public schools and created some learning and research centres for children with special attributes,but ambode seems not to understand that Lagos populace needs more and viable world class education centres to meet up with the rest of the world.

Amdode has no idea to turn the education of the state around,go to some public school today it will suprise you that some don't have chairs they sit on floor to attends to lectures.

5.Electricity

someone should educate mr Ambode that the whole body of lagos is covered with water,and there is something they called Hydro thermal energy,these can generate more than 34,000 megawatts of electricity and he can sell to neighboring state and earn more money,he should stop buying generators to power all the street light in lagos,this is 2017 for heaven sake the arctic ice is melting,there is global warming he should meet professionals,a nuclear fusion reactors that can be easily shut down by water can serve the whole nation instead of waiting for the unfortunate people at the senate to pass a bill on devolutions of electricity bill that will never see the light of the day.

6.Employment

The lagos state govermnet website advertised some opening recently i will ask how many people was able to apply and get the job,he favored hes croonics,party cheiftance favored the meneber of hes church,no JOB is thrown at the masses,he recruited LASMA recently,where are they today,now neighborhood watch,he waste so much on unproductive projects,most of these projects also take eternity before execution.

Go to street of lagos all you see are hungry and angry youth roaming the street,cos no job which has already paved way to differnet crime in the state,he should come up with idea to employ the common man on the street not all these unproductive job that add nothing to the state.

7.Health.

lagos still don't have viable health scheme,go to our various hospital you will be amazed and cry for us as a nation's,no tools to work on,no word class health equipments you buy bed space,you pay for everything,annoying thing is they fly abroad if they have malaria,lagosian should be wise and these issues of God father has to stop,vote for a sensible and visionary leaders that will add value to your life

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by Graciousnaija: 1:03pm On Dec 11, 2017
I have said this severally on platforms that Lagos is going back to the days where it is renowned for its filthy, dirty and disgusting State. The roads are deteriorating fast, amenities are failing and heaps of litters are taking over.

2 Likes

Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by AutoReportNG: 1:04pm On Dec 11, 2017
bayulll011:

1.Lagos traffic

Heaven knows these is one of the hellish and most annoying thing Lagosian go through daily,all the road are either bad or being in the state of comatose for more than a year due to reconstructuring and slow executions of projects by hes croonics called contractors.

how do you explain the traffic on the island and mainland,u spend most of your time on traffic,you wonder what happen to the fear of lasma we have during fashola regime,all you see is danfo drivers picking and causing traffic in all bus stops.

2.Refuse

lagos has turn to what i called a bin,no street in lagos you will pass through where there will not be gabbages of rubbish in streets,highways etc,he he is clueless on managing waste that was going on fine during fashola era,Ambode gave expatriate to manage the waste in his state these can only be said of someone who is clueless.

3. Infrastructures.

forget all the Elephant project,Ambode is looting Lagos dry,no accountable on all the project in lagos,is either those projects are over budgeted or projected in a manner that one will wonder what's going on,remember Abule Egba bridge and Ojota pedestrian bridge this is just one of those project,and someone should tell him o stop buying generators to power those street,a sensible and visionary leaders envisage and solve problems that may arise in the future not buying generators to police and adding to global warming.

4.Education.

i have not seen anything in these area,Ambode still enjoy all the policies Fashola put into place,fashola build and renovated all the public schools and created some learning and research centres for children with special attributes,but ambode seems not to understand that Lagos populace needs more and viable world class education centres to meet up with the rest of the world.

Amdode has no idea to turn the education of the state around,go to some public school today it will suprise you that some don't have chairs they sit on floor to attends to lectures.

5.Electricity

someone should educate mr Ambode that the whole body of lagos is covered with water,and there is something they called Hydro thermal energy,these can generate more than 34,000 megawatts of electricity and he can sell to neighboring state and earn more money,he should stop buying generators to power all the street light in lagos,this is 2017 for heaven sake the arctic ice is melting,there is global warming he should meet professionals,a nuclear fusion reactors that can be easily shut down by water can serve the whole nation instead of waiting for the unfortunate people at the senate to pass a bill on devolutions of electricity bill that will never see the light of the day.

6.Employment

The lagos state govermnet website advertised some opening recently i will ask how many people was able to apply and get the job,he favored hes croonics,party cheiftance favored the meneber of hes church,no JOB is thrown at the masses,he recruited LASMA recently,where are they today,now neighborhood watch,he waste so much on unproductive projects,most of these projects also take eternity before execution.

Go to street of lagos all you see are hungry and angry youth roaming the street,cos no job which has already paved way to differnet crime in the state,he should come up with idea to employ the common man on the street not all these unproductive job that add nothing to the state.

7.Health.

lagos still don't have viable health scheme,go to our various hospital you will be amazed and cry for us as a nation's,no tools to work on,no word class health equipments you buy bed space,you pay for everything,annoying thing is they fly abroad if they have malaria,lagosian should be wise and these issues of God father has to stop,vote for a sensible and visionary leaders that will add value to your life

Well said bro... Wat more can I say... Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by deebest8(m): 1:04pm On Dec 11, 2017
Yemike:
Lagos is gradually becoming Ibadan; Dgrin
Dump site in the heart of the citygrin
But wetin concern me??

When was the last time u visit ibadan? Aproko undecided
Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by Annydora(f): 1:05pm On Dec 11, 2017
Ambode has a role to also play in this,if he still maintain the normal environmental services at least it would be a little bit better.buh ever since he stopped the service,most residents felt less concerned.

Have you tried our bulk sms marketing platform?
You get guaranteed delivery, delivery reports or sms refunds
(or your money back) if your messages are not delivered.
www.smsmarketingportal.com
Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by Yemike(m): 1:09pm On Dec 11, 2017
deebest8:

When was the last time u visit ibadan? Aproko undecided
For your information....... I'm actually an indigene of Ibadan and we all know our city is dirty. grin

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by Iamzik: 1:10pm On Dec 11, 2017
It's really getting messy

Ive paid local mallams over 5k in the last 4months to dispose refuse from my compound

Ambode said that refuse bill is already part of land use charge but the PSP clearly don't want that

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by VictorEkwere: 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2017
Kingwizzy16:
If you walk through that general hospital igondo chaiiii
you are bro even grave yard is not as smell and dirty as that area i pity the occupant of that area.
Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by omocalabar(m): 1:20pm On Dec 11, 2017
has lagos ever been clean...funny topic
Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by calyto: 1:23pm On Dec 11, 2017
1. Blame Ambode
2. Blame the people
3. Blame Ebun Adegboruwa for dragging the govt to court until Environmental Sanitation was abolished
Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by guru90: 1:24pm On Dec 11, 2017
ABA is dirty imo is dirty.. Etc.
now
lagos Don join de queue.
Lagos is Dirty.
Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by Opinionated: 1:25pm On Dec 11, 2017
An excellent report.
Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by AutoReportNG: 1:28pm On Dec 11, 2017
Opinionated:
An excellent report.

Thanks Sir... We dey learn where you dey oo
Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by Nwadina77: 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2017
When they say Ambode is working, I begin to ask where he's working on when Lagos roads re death traps, roads n streets re filthy. Urgent action needs to be taken to clear the refuse that litter everywhere, n fix the dilapidated roads.

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by opejulie10: 1:47pm On Dec 11, 2017
I tot I was the only one who observed this, the traffic these days Na die, I have to fly okada nowadays cos I get sick while sitting in the traffic for over an hour
Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by 0ubenji(m): 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2017
grin the clueless politician is busy planting flowers everywhere
Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by madridguy(m): 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2017
I mentioned this few weeks ago and I got bashed for saying what I don't know.

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by deeone10: 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2017
EponOjuku:

Onitsha is the most polluted city in the world.

Out of the 20 most polluted cities in the world, Onitsha is No. 1, Aba is No. 6 and Umuahia is No. 16.

No single SW state is in that list.

na igbo man do that rating cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by Confor(m): 2:36pm On Dec 11, 2017
There is a war going on between PSP and Ambode over the introduction of Cleaner Lagos Initiative which failed to take into consideration the interest of the old PSP. Ambode is a confused man.[/quote]

Infact, I support what you have just typed here. Everywhere is just smelling. cry

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by Bishop(m): 2:36pm On Dec 11, 2017
This filth was recorded on Ipaja enroute Ayobo.the stretch of the road was filled with refuse a total eye sore

Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by samijay8(m): 2:54pm On Dec 11, 2017
EponOjuku:

Out of the 20 most polluted cities in the world, Onitsha is No. 1, Aba is No. 6 and Umuahia is No. 16.

savage with genuine proof to bad

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by akigbemaru: 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
three:
#CleanerLagos (online)
#DirtierLagos (for real)

This is all due to an individuals greed. They claimed the PSP don't have good compactors and yet till date I am yet to see just ONE compactor owned and run by Visionscape, all there is are photos online.

The government has ceded public property to a private firm via a so called memorandum of understanding and even attempted to raise funding via a State Issued Bond for this same 'private' company (whose directorship will clue you in - same people who were using state owned helicopters for chartered flights).

This is the seedy side of PPPs (Lagos style). Why raise a N50B bond for a PPP? What is the Private sector component bringing to the table if not funding and expertise (both of which Visionscape has in short supply). Anyway MOST Lagosians know this but are garrulously self-serving to their own detriment.
Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by deebest8(m): 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2017
Yemike:

For your information....... I'm actually an indigene of Ibadan and we all know our city is dirty. grin

grin that was 2016 go and check out new mopo,bere,mokola,idi oro akobo and Co
Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by Orpe7(m): 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2017
Flat heads have come to dirty lagos
Awon developers cheesy grin
Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by Egbetayo(m): 6:02pm On Dec 11, 2017
From my understanding. P S P operators have lost out and they are waiting for residents to ask questions like what is the Govenor doing about this? Who is the Commissioner for environment? Is it true that the intention of the presentt goverment is to frustrate the achievement of last Fashola administration? Ask yours too.
Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by freeze001(f): 6:14pm On Dec 11, 2017
Nigeria has failed and continues to fail as far as waste disposal, management and general environmental health are concerned. At no time since the return to civilian rule has any government whether stare or federal really tackled this issue except perhaps Cross River state under Gov. Donald Duke. I am not certain state standard has been upheld or improved upon.

It is a total national shame really and more so when stupid tribal bigots on this forum will not address a problem head on but rather start comparing states/cities in the East n West.
Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by deomelllo: 6:17pm On Dec 11, 2017
I've bee stating the same thing for months, Lagos is heading back to dirty and filthy Lagos pre Fashola era.

Ambode is definitely the most useless and incompetent governor in the history of Lagos state.
Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by ipodstinks: 6:22pm On Dec 11, 2017
EponOjuku:

grin They will come out to tell you it is because of industry. Then you will wonder if they have industry more than Lagos, ogun, rivers, USA, UK, all European countries, Japan, Korea.

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos by Yemike(m): 6:25pm On Dec 11, 2017
deebest8:

grin that was 2016 go and check out new mopo,bere,mokola,idi oro akobo and Co
Go and check gege, foko, oke-ado, academy to olorunsogo via express.
Did you just mention mokola? just check sabo, oke-itunu.
And for your information I rep mokola.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kukah Replies Presidency: Even Buhari’s Wife Disagrees With His Policies / Modupe Odele's Passport Returned & Travel Ban Lifted After 9 Days / Sandra Bassey Is First Female To Lead Legislative Council In Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.