Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Pastors why do you still teach tithe and ignore these Laws ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors why do you still teach tithe and ignore these Laws ? (702 Views)

Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / Out Of 3,604 Ordained Pastors Why Single Out Remi Tinubu? / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors why do you still teach tithe and ignore these Laws ? by tamonokare: 3:04pm On Dec 11, 2017
I have been wondering why Christians are selective when it comes to keeping the old testament laws. What happens to these other laws. We still obey God's commandment by paying tithe but we no longer obey him by stoning sinners to death.

Some pastors play fast and loose with the Bible. When it suits their purpose, they treat it like the literally perfect word of God. Then, when it suits their other purposes, they conveniently ignore the parts of the Bible they feel are inconvenient.

1 Like

Re: Pastors why do you still teach tithe and ignore these Laws ? by dalaman: 3:15pm On Dec 11, 2017
They should practice incest the way their father Abraham was incestuous.

1 Like

Re: Pastors why do you still teach tithe and ignore these Laws ? by tamonokare: 4:11pm On Dec 11, 2017
What happened to these Laws.

Re: Pastors why do you still teach tithe and ignore these Laws ? by spartan117(m): 5:54pm On Dec 11, 2017
This is a good question.

To answer it you must recognize that there is a difference between spiritual laws and spiritual principles.

Tithing isn't a law it's a principle of prosperity that has it's rewards

Christ came to fulfill the law and when he did he redeemed us from the curse of the law and apostle Paul declared "we are no longer under the law, but under grace"
Re: Pastors why do you still teach tithe and ignore these Laws ? by DeSepiero(m): 7:09pm On Dec 11, 2017
spartan117:
This is a good question.

To answer it you must recognize that there is a difference between spiritual laws and spiritual principles.

Tithing isn't a law it's a principle of prosperity that has it's rewards

Christ came to fulfill the law and when he did he redeemed us from the curse of the law and apostle Paul declared "we are no longer under the law, but under grace"

Back your statements with bible quotes hence, they be dismissed as non scriptural.
Re: Pastors why do you still teach tithe and ignore these Laws ? by Deicide: 7:39pm On Dec 11, 2017
Even the sabbath thats the 3rd abi 4th comandement most xtians don't observe it even with the fact of how it was important in the OT but they are concerning themself about traditional law of paying tithe?
Re: Pastors why do you still teach tithe and ignore these Laws ? by Deicide: 7:41pm On Dec 11, 2017
@spartan117 which one is spiritual law and spiritual principle? nawa o
Re: Pastors why do you still teach tithe and ignore these Laws ? by spartan117(m): 7:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
DeSepiero:

Back your statements with bible quotes hence, they be dismissed as non scriptural.
Like I said we must learn to differentiate spiritual laws from principles. You don't reap any direct reward for obeying a law, it's your duty, but principles have a direct reward attached for obeying them.

The Bible says "thou shall not kill" this is a law. No one will give you any reward if you choose not to kill, but there is a consequence.

The Bible also says "give and it shall be given unto you good measure, pressed down, shaking together and running over" luke 6:38. This is a principle if you obey it you would reap the rewards, if you don't no one would lock you up in prison or throw you into hell, but you won't reap the rewards stated in that verse.

Concerning tithing God says in malachi 3:10 "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it"
There is an obvious reward attached to it so this is a spiritual principle not a law. No one will go to hell for failing to pay tithe, but you won't enjoy the blessings stated in this verse either.
Re: Pastors why do you still teach tithe and ignore these Laws ? by spartan117(m): 7:44pm On Dec 11, 2017
Deicide:
@spartan117 which one is spiritual law and spiritual principle? nawa o
spartan117:

Like I said we must learn to differentiate spiritual laws from principles. You don't reap any direct reward for obeying a law, it's your duty, but principles have a direct reward attached for obeying them.

The Bible says "thou shall not kill" this is a law. No one will give you any reward if you choose not to kill, but there is a consequence.

The Bible also says "give and it shall be given unto you good measure, pressed down, shaking together and running over" luke 6:38. This is a principle if you obey it you would reap the rewards, if you don't no one would lock you up in prison or throw you into hell, but you won't reap the rewards stated in that verse.

Concerning tithing God says in malachi 3:10 "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it"
There is an obvious reward attached to it so this is a spiritual principle not a law. No one will go to hell for failing to pay tithe, but you won't enjoy the blessings stated in this verse either.

Re: Pastors why do you still teach tithe and ignore these Laws ? by Goshen360(m): 7:44pm On Dec 11, 2017
As Christians, I have taught over my years here on NL....Christians are not under the law, I mean the mosaic law including the 10 commandments. Get your studies right!
Re: Pastors why do you still teach tithe and ignore these Laws ? by tamonokare: 2:55pm On Nov 24, 2019
spartan117:

Interesting.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/12/17 / Questions For Strong Christians / “Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is Not Going To Heaven” Adeboye (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.