Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? (21610 Views)

Pros And Cons Of Electric Vehicles / Pros And Cons Of Car Tints / Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by cutty4sure(m): 3:20pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,
Guys, I am considering buying a Used Infiniti FX but people keep discouraging me.
What are the issues with the vehicle? I really love the car but I don't want to buy something that will give me high blood pressure.
Your advice and inputs will be highly appreciated
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 11, 2017
cutty4sure:
Hello Nairalanders,
Guys, I am considering buying a Used Infiniti FX but people keep discouraging me.
What are the issues with the vehicle? I really love the car but I don't want to buy something that will give me high blood pressure.

The car is great very great atleast from review I've heard.
But you know nigerians, we are always managing ourselves..its either it's a toyota or honda.......because of easy maintenance, and maintenance isn't just about having money but also accessibility to maintenance expert conveniently.....

I love the car's shape die especially the 2010 series....
But me.. I ddnt have a good experience with Nissan murano because a lot of Nigerian mechanics are toyota, honda, golf compliant by default.
I believe that the Nissan FX series is just another murano in another box design...

One thing I can say for sure is that the car has got a great engine like the murano, and if u are are speed demon...you won't regret having the car....if you can get a good maintenance engineer and stick to the recommended engine and gear oil

General pros and cons: you are dealing with a large car, hence big tyres 18-22inch chromes...Change of tyre na money ooo, weda used or new....
It usually comes with a v6 engine, it's technically a speed monster, so u need to get ready for extra gear service and co...

Parts are generally more expensive than small car...the full light, radiator, engine shouldn't be less than 250k and above

My opinion though..

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by cutty4sure(m): 7:03pm On Dec 11, 2017
Thank you so much. I really do appreciate this.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by cutty4sure(m): 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2017
Thanks a million bro. I really do appreciate your detailed response. Very helpful.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by KushyKush: 6:55am On Dec 14, 2017
I can bet my December salary those people discouraging you drive Toyota grin

Na so those guys dey do grin

24 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by SonyObsessed: 6:56am On Dec 14, 2017
Will you send the money to my account, let me buy the one that won't spoil for you grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by RichiB(m): 6:56am On Dec 14, 2017

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by miqos02(m): 6:59am On Dec 14, 2017
Don't know
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by oka4ugoo: 7:02am On Dec 14, 2017
Pic of the car nah

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by BlackDBagba: 7:02am On Dec 14, 2017
I don't like it. Not sure why....
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by slawomir: 7:02am On Dec 14, 2017
ok
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by karbiyeshii(m): 7:03am On Dec 14, 2017
grin grin
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by 222Martins(m): 7:04am On Dec 14, 2017
Proceed with your choice bro. I drive an Infiniti FX35 and a Lexus ES330, and i can tell you for sure that the difference is clear. When i throttle my infiniti, i feel the G-force sucking me into my seat. That car is power personified. Aside fuel and availability of parts which makes it expensive, you are good to go.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by Yeecar(m): 7:06am On Dec 14, 2017
Following....
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by lolaxavier(m): 7:06am On Dec 14, 2017
Hnmmmm....Infiniti...oga, people discouraging you from buying are not far from the truth. Don't buy a car that you will end up spending your salary every week on repairing parts. To get the parts nko? Even fuel consumption sef fit make u run mad.
The overall look is enticing and just beautiful from the outside. Interior looks awesome but the yeye engine can frustrate you into marrying a second wife
It is not far from its brother, Murano, a car notorious for its gear problems. That was my first car. Now I use a 2009 Mitsubishi outlander. Not Honda or Toyota...

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by billyG(m): 7:08am On Dec 14, 2017
ooo.i think say na infinix phone he won buy sef.

15 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by psalmson001: 7:19am On Dec 14, 2017
In my own opinion o, there is no car that is not good, it all depends on how lucky you are, and how much maintenance culture you have. I have a friend that drives a volkswagen golf4 for about 4 years now, same car dat all mechanics complain about but this guy has never had any serious problem with the car infact the car has never slept in a mechanic's workshop yet he travels with it alot.......some pple will hear weird souns from their car, or notice some malfunctions, yet they will keep driving it like that till d malfunctions leads to serious damage and they start to complain. Some dont even bother to notice anytthing dats off with their car.

As for those comparing the fx with murano, coz they are owned by the same parent company those not necessarily mean they have the same pros & cons. Its just like camparing prado with gx470 wen we know which is more durable by default.

So my broda, the only con i can say is the expensive parts but if u have the money den no qualms. Moreover, i have neva seen sm1 driving MB, Bently, Ferrari, or even Rolls complain that the parts are too expensive cheesy ......... But please please and please before you make ur choice, look for a very good infiniti mechanic and not those road side mukaila who will suck the life out of ur wallet.

So as long as u have good maintenance culture, and as long as ure not being followed from the village cheesy then ma jaiye orie lo (enjoy the life of ur head grin)

PS:
Infiniti fx35 - 3.5 ltr v6
Infiniti fx45 - 4.5 ltr v8

15 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by pawesome(m): 7:22am On Dec 14, 2017
OP,we mostly concerned bout parts availability n cost n also fuel consumption..and we knw a toyota or a honda perfectly fits dt category...

Buh at d end,it all depends on maintenance n how heavy ur pocket is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by Kizyte(m): 7:25am On Dec 14, 2017
1StopRudeness:

The car is great very great atleast from review I've heard.
But you know nigerians, we are always managing ourselves..its either it's a toyota or honda.......because of easy maintenance, and maintenance isn't just about having money but also accessibility to maintenance expert conveniently.....

I love the car's shape die especially the 2010 series....
But me.. I ddnt have a good experience with Nissan murano because a lot of Nigerian mechanics are toyota, honda, golf compliant by default.
I believe that the Nissan FX series is just another murano in another box design...

One thing I can say for sure is that the car has got a great engine like the murano, and if u are are speed demon...you won't regret having the car....if you can get a good maintenance engineer and stick to the recommended engine and gear oil

General pros and cons: you are dealing with a large car, hence big tyres 18-22inch chromes...Change of tyre na money ooo, weda used or new....
It usually comes with a v6 engine, it's technically a speed monster, so u need to get ready for extra gear service and co...

Parts are generally more expensive than small car...the full light, radiator, engine shouldn't be less than 250k and above

My opinion though..
Oga na Toyota sure pass!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by Kizyte(m): 7:25am On Dec 14, 2017
cutty4sure:
Hello Nairalanders,
Oga na Toyota sure pass!

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by money121(m): 7:26am On Dec 14, 2017
For sale grin grin

1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by stonemasonn: 7:27am On Dec 14, 2017
Very solid car. Make sure you buy grade one.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by badmanschatz: 7:32am On Dec 14, 2017
Biko someone tell us ooo.. Make i no go waste money

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 14, 2017
pawesome:
OP,we mostly concerned bout parts availability n cost n also fuel consumption..and we knw a toyota or a honda perfectly fits dt category...

Buh at d end,it all depends on maintenance n how heavy ur pocket is

I don't think the OP's pocket is that “heavy”. Bottom line OP is, run away from that ride, go get yourself a Toyota, Honda or Nissan car. That's what almost everyone is telling you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by Dottore: 7:45am On Dec 14, 2017
Ok
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by ozonetoy: 7:46am On Dec 14, 2017
If you look at my profile for pix for mine I sold few months ago and I did use 2004 AWD and 2007RWD as, it’s a good crossover with decent shape as you said and personally I didn’t encounter any problem using mine but with the fact that I use it whenever am in the country, not an everyday vehicle, I do service my gear 3 times in a year specified oil and same goes to engine Mobil 1 5w-20. The suspension on this car is too harsh based on its configuration for speed and balancing, fuel economy isn’t great, it’s a natural v6 aspirated engine. Gearbox isn’t meant for any kind of punishment if u know what I mean. But engine is really great.the exhaust note on my 07 is really aggressive than the 04. Sound system is crazily astonishing, interior is comfortable but the suspension didn’t compensate it . Spare part isn’t cheap. But I didn’t change any part on mine except both front linkages

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by Oohrhii(m): 7:47am On Dec 14, 2017
cutty4sure:
Hello Nairalanders,

bro, anybody can say anything, especially Nigerians that hate to take risks and just prefer doing the same thing as other people, however I can categorically tell you that Infinity FX is a very very very reliable car. notice the number of times I wrote VERY.

I personally own the Fx 35 model. I have it with my Mitsubishi diamante.... been using the fx for a year and half now and he's been very reliable. I seriously love this car, even when I had issues with my diamante and had to rely on my fx solely for 4 months..everyday..even on rough roads... this car served me seriously. Nothing anyone can say regarding my cars.. I don't follow popular opinion...personally fx35 is great, has all the excellent features...and even tho is a SUV it has the feeling of a sedan. perfect car.

Please don't hesitate if you love the car, you can't be wrong with FX models .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by yanshDoctor: 7:52am On Dec 14, 2017
toyota is the best for Nigeria. ruggedity with environment and maintenance.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by wagzyl: 7:58am On Dec 14, 2017
Firstly get a very very good mechanic to assess the condition of the car as well as the tyres. If it's okay, please go for it. The consequences however are that it's slightly expensive to maintain when compared to other cars especially the tyres and gear oil. Replacement of the four tyres may gulp about 200k while replacement of gear oil may cost roughly 40k but these replacements are not done every year. Tyres may be once in 4/5 years if you are a careful driver while the gear oil is just once in two years. The servicing of engine oil isn't such a biggie, with 7/8k, you should get that done except if you decide to use total synthetic oil. I use a brand of Forte oil (which is very thick - close to synthetic and I religiously sticked to it).

Overall, it's a fantastic car with an appealing appearance. Very rugged, great speed and power, unique and elegant. If you have a good source of income, I'll advise you go for it. People complain about fuel but for me, it's not that important. A Toyota will use let's say 5k fuel for a journey while the FX would require 5,800 fuel for the same distance. For the other qualities of the car that one would enjoy (speed, elegance, uniqueness, etc), is N800 a biggie? I have been using it for over a year and I have absolutely no regrets.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by psalmson001: 7:59am On Dec 14, 2017
In my own opinion o, there is no car that is not good, it all depends on how lucky you are, and how much maintenance culture you have. I have a friend that drives a volkswagen golf4 for about 4 years now, same car dat all mechanics complain about but this guy has never had any serious problem with the car infact the car has never slept in a mechanic's workshop yet he travels with it alot.......some pple will hear weird souns from their car, or notice some malfunctions, yet they will keep driving it like that till d malfunctions leads to serious damage and they start to complain. Some dont even bother to notice anytthing dats off with their car.

As for those comparing the fx with murano, coz they are owned by the same parent company those not necessarily mean they have the same pros & cons. Its just like camparing prado with gx470 wen we know which is more durable by default.

So my broda, the only con i can say is the expensive parts but if u have the money den no qualms. Moreover, i have neva seen sm1 driving MB, Bently, Ferrari, or even Rolls complain that the parts are too expensive cheesy ......... But please please and please before you make ur choice, look for a very good infiniti mechanic and not those road side mukaila who will suck the life out of ur wallet.

So as long as u have good maintenance culture, and as long as ure not being followed from the village cheesy then ma jaiye orie lo (enjoy the life of ur head grin)

PS:
Infiniti fx35 - 3.5 ltr v6
Infiniti fx45 - 4.5 ltr v8

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? by adexbols: 8:10am On Dec 14, 2017
I also own an FX35. The car is great. A mini beast but you need to be financially stable to enjoy it due to expensive parts and cost of maintenance. Moreso, the car is not meant for heat as the dashboard could crack as a result result of that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Car Is The Most Popular For Women In Nigeria? / See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts / You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.