Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 (27899 Views)

I Want To Sell My Infiniti G35 2008 Model Asap / My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep / Is G35x 2007 Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 24, 2018
Dear G35x,

Thank you for coming into my life through a Nairaland brother Shagati who gave me reasons to buy you. I have no regrets at all. This is why I love you:

1. Your 306HP VQ35 never puts me to shame on the highway. I have raced a C350, Rx330, BMW 3series but non was a match for your awesome fury. I and my buddy once raced to Club 57 at Ikoyi from Shop rite Ikeja by 11pm. He drove a V6 Honda Evil Spirit but he was no match! He and the babes he was riding with were amazed and floored! The hottest of them all later gave me her number! grin

2. You have not given me major issues! I praise you cos the only major issue iv gotten is serpentine belt installation. Where a Kareem set it wrongly and it started making noise and also when I needed to replace my radiator fans and reset my selector cable to read accurately. That's all! Unlike ur Japanese brother who almost gave me a heart attack.

A good kazeem at ladipo was building his house untop my matter for this motor. He advised me not to sell that I will regret but sorry Kazeem no regrets! This Camry muscle just one overheating and I changed full engine LMAO! My infiniti over heated same way and nothing happened! No wonder the vq35 engine won best engine 7times in a row. The only reliable Toyota I've driven is corolla 2006. This Camry 2007 is problematic! Even carcomplaints.com says so!

3. You turn heads! When I drive down the road on a cool evening I get winked at by hot sexy ladies and I've gone down with them within a short period without even spending a dime after offering them a ride and pushing pedal to the metal! The car attracts them like ants love sugar. Girls really love adventure o. Guys also look on with beef in their eyes which make me smile. I so love your sporty styling and Aura! Lastly, I love the noise the exhaust makes on acceleration! It sounds like a F1 car and really turns heads!

4. I have never worked on my suspension. It's so strong and stiff. No noise! Unlike Camry where I hear an orchestra in the wheels few months after fixing suspension!

5. I love your sports tuned interior and Bucket sit. Also I come to life when I hear your factory Bose stereo! with the navigation screen lit up the dash and OLawd the beats! You are not boring and very fun to drive!

6. You are not rampant. I see ur kind ONCE in a blue moon. Unlike the clone Camrys and evil spirits I see everyday that makes my belly rumble. There are 100s of thousands on the road! Eww lipsrsealed

But the only thing which is not an issue is fuel consumption. Yes they win LMAO. You get lesser miles per gallon on the G35 in comparison with a Camry but the amount of smiles per gallon will make you scream for joy and happily make you drive into any filling station to refill. Every pedal to the metal is worth it. Moreover its just 1k 2k fuelling difference. You really don't consume much considering the fact that your a 3.5L power house.

Also I service you with 5w30 Mobil 1 which I buy 5liter (two gallons) 14k each. Then I flushed the gear oil and bought MaticJ fluid which costs 4500 for 1Liter. You drank 9liters angry well, it's a very occasional kind of service.

Advice to Nairalanders and Nigerians:
Please try other brands from your normal Toyota and Honda. You may just be missing out. My father drives only Toyota and made me believe that any other car will give me issues. At 17, I started by driving the Carina E, then Toyota Corona 2000, to Corolla 2006 then to Camry 2007. I do not know why Toyota Is being idolized in Nigeria. We give it unnecessary attention. Its a very boring car with a bland interior.

I recommend an infiniti g35 2007 to any petrol head that wants a good driving experience.

Cc: Costee

Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD4NWB4nd_4

6 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by AutoElectNG: 8:11am On Jun 24, 2018
Herd mentality.

In school, we answer questions like
Critically analyze, critically examine, critically evaluate so so and so.

In short, we are exposed to critical thinking.

In life, especially in automotive matters, we drop critical thinking and listen to mechanics whose educational qualifications we cannot quantify.

It is so wrong.....hope it changes

6 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 24, 2018
AutoElectNG:
Herd mentality.

In school, we answer questions like
Critically analyze, critically examine, critically evaluate so so and so.

In short, we are exposed to critical thinking.

In life, especially in automotive matters, we drop critical thinking and listen to mechanics whose educational qualifications we cannot quantify.

It is so wrong.....hope it changes

I was so scared. I mean so scared when I purchased it. Thinking il have gearbox or electrical issue that will bother me. Even when I showed my Dad and in-laws the car. They said ah hope it won't be a problem motor? Why didn't I buy another Toyota? Lol

5 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:16am On Jun 24, 2018
I don't even like Toyotas cause criminals love them. It's bmw or Mercedes for me kiss

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by ShenTeh(m): 8:19am On Jun 24, 2018
I have a Pilot 05. I still miss my Infiniti Qx4, which I let go because I needed more space for ferrying my family.

I take solace in my infiniti G20.

Nissan makes great cars, no doubt.

Yeah.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Readonee35L(m): 8:27am On Jun 24, 2018
Obitee

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 24, 2018
Readonee35L:

Obitee

LMAO. Baba o

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by SpaceAngel: 9:41am On Jun 24, 2018
Op how can you be comparing Camry to infinity G35x? G35x is one very fast, stable and well built car.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by chukel(m): 9:47am On Jun 24, 2018
Obitee69, glad you have fallen in love with infiniti. Treat her like a love. I have an 02 Qx4. Can't believe the technology that was packed in it as at that time. In this part of the world, we usually use tribute for departed loved ones. So I was scared when I saw the title. Kudos. Show us more pics mbok.
Edited: The best part you love about this car is that it fetches you harlots. You never talk about this car without mentioning that. Bro, I thought you are married. This is social media o. Delete those remarks biko.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Readonee35L(m): 9:53am On Jun 24, 2018
chukel:
Obitee69, glad you have fallen in love with infiniti. Treat her like a love. I have an 02 Qx4. Can't believe the technology that was parked in it as at that time. In this part of the world, we usually use tribute for departed loved ones. So I was scared when I saw the title. Kudos. Show us more pics mbok.
The infiniti Qx4 is a nice vehicle . I've never driven one. But I'm not a fan of that noise it makes before shifting to second Gear sad.

I've driven the M35x (Not G35) . And I can say it's very wicked.
Couple of years ago i was coming from ikeja passing iyana oworo when this camry v6 came from no where trying to initiate a race. He speed by my side i down shifted the Vq InfinitI and in seconds I left him in the dust . Poor 2GR cry

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 24, 2018
chukel:
Obitee69, glad you have fallen in love with infiniti. Treat her like a love. I have an 02 Qx4. Can't believe the technology that was packed in it as at that time. In this part of the world, we usually use tribute for departed loved ones. So I was scared when I saw the title. Kudos. Show us more pics mbok.
Edited: The best part you love about this car is that it fetches you harlots. You never talk about this car without mentioning that. Bro, I thought you are married. This is social media o. Delete those remarks biko.

Thanks for the observation. I'm not married. Let's focus on the topic and not some "moral lesson". undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Somatic(m): 11:04am On Jun 24, 2018
Pipedreams:

Thanks for the observation. I'm not married. Let's focus on the topic and not some moral lessons. Noted grin
Pipedreams:

I was so scared. I mean so scared when I purchased it. Thinking il have gearbox or electrical issue that will bother me. Even when I showed my Dad and in-laws the car. They said ah hope it won't be a problem motor? Why didn't I buy another Toyota? Lol

You said you aren't married. Where the in-laws now come from?

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 24, 2018
Somatic:

My sisters husbands.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:25am On Jun 24, 2018
This is my favorite car! Sell am gimme na. cry cry
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 24, 2018
HeavenlyBang:
This is my favorite car! Sell am gimme na. cry cry

Lol not selling yet. Have u had any experiences
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
"...I flushed the gear oil and bought MaticJ fluid...You drank 9liters"
By flushed I presume you mean drain and refill. In that case 9 litres is excessive. You shouldn't need more than 5.5/6 litres.
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
Costee:
"...I flushed the gear oil and bought MaticJ fluid...You drank 9liters"
By flushed I presume you mean drain and refill. In that case 9 litres is excessive. You shouldn't need more than 5.5/6 litres.

It was flushed with a machine apparatus. Not just a refill
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 24, 2018
Pipedreams:

It was flushed with a machine apparatus. Not just a refill
Ok. Interesting though. Where was that done?
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2018
Costee:

Ok. Interesting though. Where was that done?

one new filling station forgotten the name near Ado road Ajah
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by nams77: 2:44pm On Jun 24, 2018
One of my Oga bought this car that year. I used to think he bought a bundle of problem Sha. Then didn't really know much about cars. Though I never heard him complained.
I remembered my direct boss had to dump his Tacoma, Nissan Pathfinder and Camry 04/05 and borrow the other guys Infiniti to go and. Pick one expatriate from Benin airport.
The guy who drove the car fell in love and was singing praise. Many years back tinz

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by wane01(m): 2:57pm On Jun 24, 2018
No doubt Nissan makes great cars .. Still enjoying my V8 fx45 even though expensive to maintain

3 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 24, 2018
wane01:
No doubt Nissan makes great cars ..
Still enjoying my V8 fx45 even though expensive to maintain

Wow ul b spending a lot on fuel o

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by nomaison(m): 5:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
we have been using Nissan primer the one with twin cam engine. the car is a monster in disguise and can't wait to lay my hands on Micra. pls does Micra have an Infinity cousin?
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by wane01(m): 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2018
Pipedreams:

Wow ul b spending a lot on fuel o
Ehn the bigger the better ..
buh I only take it out once a while since I have a corolla which I take to the office weekdays
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by king406(m): 6:01pm On Jun 24, 2018
Awesome car. I'm on the verge of acquiring a 2010 G37 coupe VQ37HR. Wish me luck smiley

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 24, 2018
wane01:

Ehn the bigger the better ..
buh I only take it out once a while since I have a corolla which I take to the office weekdays

that's good. me sef I wanna buy a corolla but wont sell my infinti. I just need a small rugged fuel efficient car for daily waka Waka.
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by wane01(m): 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2018
Pipedreams:

that's good. me sef I wanna buy a corolla but wont sell my infinti. I just need a small rugged fuel efficient car for daily waka Waka.
You can't put an infiniti through the stress of running through Yaba to Lekki not to even mention danfo drivers who have nufin at stake

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2018
wane01:

You can't put an infiniti through the stress of running through Yaba to Lekki not to even mention danfo drivers who have nufin at stake

Yes o.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by nurey(m): 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2018
king406:
Awesome car. I'm on the verge of acquiring a 2010 G37 coupe VQ37HR. Wish me luck smiley

so you agree nissan makes better and faster engine than benz grin

the scales are peeling off from your eyes welcome to freedom, welcome to the NISSAN family

3 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by king406(m): 10:17pm On Jun 24, 2018
nurey:

so you agree nissan makes better and faster engine than benz grin

the scales are peeling off from your eyes welcome to freedom, welcome to the NISSAN family
i knew you would come grin. I dont agree, they only make faster V6 engines, which are all not fast realistically. The reason i’m trying out an infiniti is because i dont have money for an AMG. I want to try something else. And i am still contemplatig between lexus is350 and the g37. Something i am looking up now is that CLK550 does not have airmatic suspension aka “balloon” shocked

4 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:53am On Jun 25, 2018
king406:
i knew you would come grin. I dont agree, they only make faster V6 engines, which are all not fast realistically. The reason i’m trying out an infiniti is because i dont have money for an AMG. I want to try something else. And i am still contemplatig between lexus is350 and the g37. Something i am looking up now is that CLK550 does not have airmatic suspension aka “balloon” shocked

Pretty sure it had the airmatic for the first few years or so.

Also, G35 supposedly feels faster than a G37.
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by elshanAutos: 2:25am On Jun 25, 2018
king406:
Laughs in Nissan Skyline GTR R32-34 grin (even though they’re all turbo I6, the R35 is turbo V6- 478-591 hp btw grin so no contest still)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Meet The 1,000 HP Mercedes Hypercar. / Alex Ephraims & His Locally Made Combatant Vehicle Spotted In Imo / Lagos Begins Issuing International Driver’s Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.