Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year (29827 Views)

Mohamed Salah Named 2018 African Player Of The Year [Full Awards List] / Mohamed Salah Named 2018 BBC African Player Of The Year (Photos) / Vote For Victor Moses As BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by mistalexzy: 6:34am On Dec 12, 2017
Chukazu:
Very faulty and useless decision.

People who do this voting are usually Short sighted and emotional.

The award is supposed to be for last year's performance not this year and to show how useless the outcome is, he is already attributing accolades to his Liverpool teammates (all of his performance for Liverpool only counts for next year's award)instead of AS ROMA teammates of previous season

And if the award is truly based on past season's performance,then he doesn't even deserve the award, Victor Moses far deserves because he won a #TROPHY -THE PREMIER LEAGUE, JUST LIKE MEiHREZ who won premier league with Leicester City .

Of the five players , VICTOR MOSES was the only one who achieved success with both club and country

I hope CAF won't repeat same nonesense!
Expect to see the same during CAF awards because it's all the national team coaches and captains that does the voting. The only one Victor moses would have won wasthe BBC African player of the year which Nigerians refused to allow him to win. With the type of population we have and if will all voted for him and leave sentiments he would have won, the problem with Nigeria is Nigerians and nothing else.
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Caseless: 6:34am On Dec 12, 2017
Chukazu:

The award is supposed to be for last year's performance not this year and to show how useless the outcome is, he is already attributing accolades to his Liverpool teammates (all of his performance for Liverpool only counts for next year's award)instead of AS ROMA teammates of previous season

And if the award is truly based on past season's performance,then he doesn't even deserve the award, Victor Moses far deserves because he won a #TROPHY -THE PREMIER LEAGUE, JUST LIKE MEiHREZ who won premier league with Leicester City .

Of the five players , VICTOR MOSES was the only one who achieved success with both club and country

most voters looked at his performance this year thereby voting for him. The Egyptians went all out to vote for him because of their worldcup qualifications- something they haven't done in close to 3 decades. Nigerians did not attach that emotion to this award cos we've been going for w/cup...it's not new to us.
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by kendrick9(m): 6:38am On Dec 12, 2017
Chukazu:

2017 BBC African footballer of the year.....its like u can't read simple english

2 Likes

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Pharaoh001(f): 6:39am On Dec 12, 2017
BlackManta:

Dont mind them.
They think winning epl trophy automatically makes Moses the African best player.

What about Salah that scored 19 goals and 11 assist for Roma and led Ejypt to nations cup final.

His performance is useless just because he didn't get a trophy.

EPL fanboys claiming they know football.
The only league they watch is epl.
Most of them dont know Salah until he joined Liverpool.

Winning the EPL gives a player an edge of all the nominees..... If Moses don't win it....it will be Auba instead of Salah. ...(if to say your reasoning of selecting best player is all about scoring goals)....

Harry Kane or Sanchez should have win EPL best player if to say those football bodies reasoning like you. but they gave it to kante... a man with just a goal and zero assist....
what it kante was in Africa?? won't he win the CAF
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Nackzy: 6:40am On Dec 12, 2017
You deserve it

1 Like

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by mistalexzy: 6:42am On Dec 12, 2017
Caseless:
most voters looked at his performance this year thereby voting for him. The Egyptians went all out to vote for him because of their worldcup qualifications- something they haven't done in close to 3 decades. Nigerians did not attach that emotion to this award cos we've been going for w/cup...it's not new to us.
It's simple because Nigerians to value there own we put sentiments in everything we do. If Egyptians can vote enmass 4 sallah nothing wrong if we do the same.
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Pharaoh001(f): 6:43am On Dec 12, 2017
BlackManta:

If you want to talk about last season, Salah led Ejypt to nations cup final....Moses was absent with Nigeria at the tournament.

How about that undecided

stop thinking like a duck!
low IQ
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Caseless: 6:46am On Dec 12, 2017
mistalexzy:

It's simple because Nigerians to value there own we put sentiments in everything we do. If Egyptians can vote enmass 4 sallah nothing wrong if we do the same.
that's what I expected us to do. If it was bbnaija, you'd have seen our stupidity more on display.

I voted for Moses though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by bs81(m): 6:56am On Dec 12, 2017
congrats.
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 12, 2017
MrCross:
OMG IKANT BLIVE IT
FIRST TO COMMENT!!!
OMG...I WANT TO THANK MY NEW NETWORK PROVIDER 9MOBILE FOR ALLOWING ME ACHIEVE THIS FEAT WAOH!

Ignoramus

At your age
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by dhestiney(m): 7:07am On Dec 12, 2017
All those that said salah didn't deserve the award, pls view this pic, salah's stats from just January.

3 Likes

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by echobazz: 7:41am On Dec 12, 2017
Mohammed salah absolutely deserves the award.

2 Likes

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by EvilMetahuman: 7:43am On Dec 12, 2017
dhestiney:
All those that said salah didn't deserve the award, pls view this pic, salah's stats from just January.
last season or this season?
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by BlackManta(m): 7:52am On Dec 12, 2017
Chukazu:

Mane crashed untop your coconut head

So Senegal didn't qualify for world cup and Mane didn't score for them

You very moronic to quote me with an insult undecided

Senegal qualified for world cup this season.

I'm talking about last season nations cup.
Salah reached the final.
Mane crashed out in quarter final.
Yes...he crashed out

Senegal qualified for world cup THIS SEASON not LAST SEASON.

And you were the one asking of last season, so why bring world cup into this

World cup qualification that ended last month is now last season

1 Like

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by BlackManta(m): 8:07am On Dec 12, 2017
Pharaoh001:

stop thinking like a duck!
low IQ

How am i thinking like a duck

If i said anything wrong, you can simply counter it with the truth.

But what i stated was a fact.
Salah led Ejypt to nations cup final, Moses was not at the tournament.

Na lie

I'm Nigerian but i dont do sentiments.
I personally voted for Salah.

3 Likes

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by oloriLFC(f): 8:11am On Dec 12, 2017
Pharaoh001:

he can't win the CAF award....because riffraffs won't be allow to vote unlike BBC.
only a genuine football bodies would be allowed to vote...and V.Moses might claim it
Oh! so it's now riff-raffs who vote 4 d BBC awards? I just laugh. with d way this season is going and Salah's efforts in Egypt's WC qualification, we'll see who has a better chance,who the coaches and captains would vote for.
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by judedwriter(m): 8:49am On Dec 12, 2017
Feyol55:
Well deserved,the guy is just too good,congratulations to him and tribute to all those who thought Victor Moses will win this
Victor moses is good, arguably our best player, but salah is just too fantastic!!! Well deserved award.

4 Likes

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Chukazu: 9:02am On Dec 12, 2017
BlackManta:

Senegal qualified for world cup this season.

I'm talking about last season nations cup.
Salah reached the final.
Mane crashed out in quarter final.
Yes...he crashed out

Senegal qualified for world cup THIS SEASON not LAST SEASON.

And you were the one asking of last season, so why bring world cup into this

World cup qualification that ended last month is now last season

As long as he salla didn't win nation's cup,it's as good as nothing... nearly doesn't make any one great, Cameroon won nation's cup not Egypt

You were asking if I watch SERIE A, AC MILAN IS my heart and soul...but the truth is even SERIE A is Lower than PREMIER LEAGUE IN UEPHA GRADING...so success achieved in premier league is higher than Same level of success in SERIE A
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Chukazu: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2017
dhestiney:

They have come again undecided

Is the the award meant for This season or Last season,so why are you mentioning January undecided
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Chukazu: 9:08am On Dec 12, 2017
oloriLFC:
Oh! so it's now riff-raffs who vote 4 d BBC awards? I just laugh. with d way this season is going and Salah's efforts in Egypt's WC qualification, we'll see who has a better chance,who the coaches and captains would vote for.

His performance this season should have absolutely no binding on the award . the award is purely for previous season and it's going to be given out before world cup.
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Chukazu: 9:20am On Dec 12, 2017
kendrick9:
2017 BBC African footballer of the year.....its like u can't read simple english

And what exactly is your s.tupid quote meant for ?

Where was I referring to CAF...or you can't read?
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Chukazu: 9:23am On Dec 12, 2017
mistalexzy:

Expect to see the same during CAF awards because it's all the national team coaches and captains that does the voting. The only one Victor moses would have won wasthe BBC African player of the year which Nigerians refused to allow him to win. With the type of population we have and if will all voted for him and leave sentiments he would have won, the problem with Nigeria is Nigerians and nothing else.

Absolutely!
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by lordprogress: 9:42am On Dec 12, 2017
You guys saying sallah deserved it on what ground did he deserve we are well aware that he didn't achieve anything last season even though it was very clear that messi played far better than ronaldo and score more goals than him did he win the ballondo'r come guys if we go by the normal trophy logic moses should bang this one stop hyping the Egyptian we watched the nations cup they couldn't even beat Cameroon which we know is a joke and actually what did sallah do in the nations cup.
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by BlackManta(m): 9:43am On Dec 12, 2017
Pharaoh001:

Winning the EPL gives a player an edge of all the nominees..... If Moses don't win it....it will be Auba instead of Salah. ...(if to say your reasoning of selecting best player is all about scoring goals)....

Harry Kane or Sanchez should have win EPL best player if to say those football bodies reasoning like you. but they gave it to kante... a man with just a goal and zero assist....
what it kante was in Africa?? won't he win the CAF

If it was by trophy only, any other chelsea player apart from Kante can win it...afterall they all won a trophy.

The football organization didn't just pick Kante.
There are other factors backing Kante for the award, not just trophy.

Stats do matter.
Kante was the best midfielder in premier league with most tackles won, most interceptions and most duels won.
Not to mention his goals and assist.

No matter how you bank on trophies, stats still matter.

If Kante scored O goals O assists, very few tackles won, little or no duels won and no interceptions.

Do you think he would still be crowned best player

NO

If Ronaldo scored 0 goals and won treble.
Would you give him Balon dor
Be honest.

Ronaldo has stats to back him up.
Kante has stats to back him up.

Moses scored a few goals and assists.
But he wasn't the best player at chelsea.
He wasn't second best either.
Moses didn't make PFA team of the year.

Mane did.
Kante did.

Moses isn't even the best RB at chelsea.
Most chelsea fans would pick Alonso over Moses.

The year Mahrez won PFA and CAF best player and BBC player of the year.
He scored 16 goals in addition to his epl trophy.
He made the PFA team of the year.
He was crowned Leicester player of the year.

Mahrez and Moses both have something in common.
EPL trophy.

Now compare their performance and achievements from their glory seasons and you will see why Mahrez won BBC and Africa best but Moses lost out this year.

Trophy is important but stats cant be ignored.

That is why i asked you.
If Ronaldo had won treble and scored 0 goals, would you give him balon dor

Trophy is not everything.
Salah had no trophy but he scored 19 goals and was named in serie a team of the year.
He led Ejypt to AFCON final and helped Roma qualify for UCL.

Mane was Liverpool best player.
Liverpool highest goal scorer with 14 goals.
He led Senegal to AFCOn quarter final.

Aubameyang won a trophy-the DFB Pokal aka German league cup.
He scored over 40 goals last season.
Bundesliga golden boot winner.

But suddenly Moses is better than these guys because he got epl trophy.

Trophy is not everything.

We can have this argument over and over again.

But it would be useless in this case.

WHY

Because the BBC award was given to Salah not because of trophy or goals but because of VOTES.

Many Ejyptians voted for Salah.
But many Nigerians didn't vote fo Moses and they are crying foul because Moses didn't win.

Nigerians are the major reason why Moses didn't win.
They didn't vote massively like Ejyptians voted for Salah.
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by BlackManta(m): 10:14am On Dec 12, 2017
Chukazu:

As long as he salla didn't win nation's cup,it's as good as nothing... nearly doesn't make any one great, Cameroon won nation's cup not Egypt

You were asking if I watch SERIE A, AC MILAN IS my heart and soul...but the truth is even SERIE A is Lower than PREMIER LEAGUE IN UEPHA GRADING...so success achieved in premier league is higher than Same level of success in SERIE A

WOW just wow.

There is no such thing as Serie A being smaller than epl.

Epl title is the same as Seria A title.

Both are the same.
There is no bigger success or smaller success.

Seria A is as big as EPL.
The only difference is popularity and fan base.
And that is not a determinat factor for success.

According to your theory.
If Moses scored 0 goals, 0 assist and won epl, he is automatically the best African player.

Epl Trophy is bigger than performance.

If that is how you choose best players, you will never choose the best player.

You are sentimental about Moses cuz he's Nigerian.
Now put Moses in Salah shoes and Salah in Moses shoes.
I bet you'll still pick Moses.
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Chukazu: 11:14am On Dec 12, 2017
BlackManta:

WOW just wow.

There is no such thing as Serie A being smaller than epl.

Epl title is the same as Seria A title.

Both are the same.
There is no bigger success or smaller success.

Seria A is as big as EPL.
The only difference is popularity and fan base.
And that is not a determinat factor for success.

According to your theory.
If Moses scored 0 goals, 0 assist and won epl, he is automatically the best African player.

Epl Trophy is bigger than performance.

If that is how you choose best players, you will never choose the best player.

You are sentimental about Moses cuz he's Nigerian.
Now put Moses in Salah shoes and Salah in Moses shoes.
I bet you'll still pick Moses.

Am surprised you are arguing over this

So for your mind the DUTCH LEAGUE IS IN THE SAME LEVEL WITH SERIE A OR PREMIER LEAGUE shocked

Why did SERIE A have just 3.clubs representing at the the champions league at some point when the rest of La Liga and premier league had four?

"So you have never heard of UEFA CLUB COEFFICIENT"? undecided as in seriously

E.g: you don't Know it's harder for a player in FRENCH LEAGUE TO WIN BALON DO'R than say a player in La Liga?

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by stixz(m): 11:17am On Dec 12, 2017
Dunno why you pple are shouting cos Salah won it. How many of you even voted for Moses sef. And for pple saying Salah did nth for roma he scored 19 and assisted a further 12 goal fothem last season and with his Liverpool form and Egypts glory he definitely dpeserves it.
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Emmatexoffor(m): 11:25am On Dec 12, 2017
[quote author=Tolulopefinest post=63193242]

Are you sure.... What about moses? [/quote

salah deserved d award more dan anybody,,he helped Roma to finished 2nd, he scored 16goals, he helped Egypt to qualify in world cup for d first time after 27yrs, he was involve in all d 7 goals dat Egypt scored in d qualifying series, wit 5 goals and 2 assist, and stopped moses from going to nations cup, and he got der and became a finalist. he became d most expensive Africa player wen d join Liverpool wic moses can't dream in his life, and continue his fine form wit 18 goals in all competition also d leading goalscorer in EPL now. he scores, assist more dan moses in every aspects, he's far better dan moses, y even calling moses self? moses is not even in top3, am not even talking of mane....moses is not even among d best players at Chelsea wen dey won d epl, so y moses? if so, Mikel should have won d award ahead of yaya toure cos, toure didn't win anything with city but Mikel won EPL wit Chelsea year.. anybody dat says moses deserve dis award, it means dat d person don't knw his football, and he's also sentimental.

1 Like

Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Emmatexoffor(m): 11:38am On Dec 12, 2017
Mo salah deserved any award giving to him dis tym, nobody nears him..after him mane den aubameyan
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Goke7: 11:51am On Dec 12, 2017
mistalexzy:

In Nigeria we have supporters and not fans co fans always put their money where their mouth is. Only in Nigeria will someone prefer not to vote for moses because he does not support chelsea
Re: Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year by Panther94(m): 1:00pm On Dec 12, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NFL To Investigate 146 Goals In Two Matches / Mesut Ozil A Muslim - An Overview On Ozil's Personal Life. / SuperFalcons Defender Faith Ikidi Weds (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.