Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter (4135 Views)

Brush Cutter For Sale / Brush Cutter Owner, Brush Cutter User / Brush Cutter, Rice Harvester, Tiller And Corn Planting Machine Are Available.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by benabbey(m): 7:03pm On Dec 11, 2017
Farmers in the house weldone. I beg has anybody tried his or her hand on Brush cutter, the advert look so good it can clear land it can cut grass, it can trim, it can pump water, it has so many accessories. please i beg before i shell ego. has anybody used this machine before, though I do see them used in cutting grass in institution but can it be applied to farm work.

Please i dont want marketers contribution i want first hand experience, i dont want facebook or youtube link. has any nairaland person any experience with it Thank you

Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by benzion72(m): 7:58am On Dec 12, 2017
I will also love to learn
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by benabbey(m): 9:52am On Dec 12, 2017
No experience here,
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by Charcoalcity: 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2017
Also following
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by saliubello(m): 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/4187124/cassava-weeding-machine-sale

I'm a seller and I equally use it myself.

Donts of Weeding Machine??

1. Check oil and fuel levels before and while working. In short; don't let these finish in your machine while working.

2. Ensure all parts are well fixed and tighened before starting to use. Don't run the machine without re-tightening the component parts. ( all required tools comes with the machine)

3. Depending on the brand purchased; either the "back pack model" or the "side bearing model) ; don't use the machine without reading the attached instructions manual. ( comes with booklet)

4. The machine ( with attachment for weeding) will weed weeds in their 2- leaves, 3-leaves stages. Never, use machine on WOODY SHRUBS e.i matured weeds or over grown weeds. Therefore, ensure you remove the weeds at their early stages rather than delaying till they are woody.

5. Each time you change the attachment head, ensure you let it fit appropriately before usage.

Finally, care and good maintenance culture is required for maximum derivation of utility.

5 units are available and needs to go. All those who have bought from me attest to this.

PH
calabar
Ikoyi, Lagos
Bauchi
Uyo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by domack99(m): 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2017
Okay, from experience most of the blades 3T, 30T, etc are not meant for weeding they are expected to be use for bushy area. 3T Blade is more suitable for clearing grass.
I also realized that the usage of this machine is more suitable for a farmland that was bulldoze. Our method of clearing endangers the usage of the machine, colliding with left over trees and thick srubs sending shock to the engine which can easily damage the machine.

If the purpose is for weeding I will advise you only to get more of the Autocut head (the one with 3m rope) and note that they are not meant for thick grass or will not perform well with thick and bushy grass, so You need to Weed at early stage. And if going to use on veggies farm ensure you have enough spacing in planting and with careful maneuvering.

My verdict and BASED ON MY OWN UNDERSTANDING, this machines are meant for weeding but not weeding of a producing farmland.

Check YouTube videos, am not sure you will see them been used on a currently producing farm. The rope type head are mostly use for lawn and other heads are for Bush and cutting trees.

Have not tried the rolling cylindrical head (don't no the name), so I don't have any usage experience.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by saliubello(m): 9:04pm On Dec 12, 2017
benabbey:

Farmers in the house weldone. I beg has anybody tried his or her hand on Brush cutter, the advert look so good it can clear land it can cut grass, it can trim, it can pump water, it has so many accessories. please i beg before i shell ego. has anybody used this machine before, though I do see them used in cutting grass in institution but can it be applied to farm work.

Please i dont want marketers contribution i want first hand experience, i dont want facebook or youtube link. has any nairaland person any experience with it Thank you
If you have the luxury of time, connect with me to demostrate the weeding attachment to you. Expense paid if you like!
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by tozin10000(m): 9:18pm On Dec 12, 2017
pls I have luxury of time,how can I connect you ?
secondly what is the work rate of weeding machine per acres of land.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by benabbey(m): 9:40pm On Dec 12, 2017
[quote author=saliubello post=63225499]https://www.nairaland.com/4187124/cassava-weeding-machine-sale

I'm a seller and I equally use it myself.

Donts of Weeding Machine??

1. Check oil and fuel levels before and while working. In short; don't let these finish in your machine while working.

2. Ensure all parts are well fixed and tighened before starting to use. Don't run the machine without re-tightening the component parts. ( all required tools comes with the machine)

3. Depending on the brand purchased; either the "back pack model" or the "side bearing model) ; don't use the machine without reading the attached instructions manual. ( comes with booklet)

4. The machine ( with attachment for weeding) will weed weeds in their 2- leaves, 3-leaves stages. Never, use machine on WOODY SHRUBS e.i matured weeds or over grown weeds. Therefore, ensure you remove the weeds at their early stages rather than delaying till they are woody.

5. Each time you change the attachment head, ensure you let it fit appropriately before usage.

Finally, care and good maintenance culture is required for maximum derivation of utility.

5 units are available and needs to go. All those who have bought from me attest to this.

PH
calabar
Ikoyi, Lagos
Bauchi
Uyo
calabar

Thank you for your response does it mean that if fixed with circular saw head it cannot cut thick shrub like chromolena odorata weed Akintola and some stubborn shrubs
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by benabbey(m): 9:47pm On Dec 12, 2017
domack99:
Okay, from experience most of the blades 3T, 30T, etc are not meant for weeding they are expected to be use for bushy area. 3T Blade is more suitable for clearing grass.
I also realized that the usage of this machine is more suitable for a farmland that was bulldoze. Our method of clearing endangers the usage of the machine, colliding with left over trees and thick srubs sending shock to the engine which can easily damage the machine.

If the purpose is for weeding I will advise you only to get more of the Autocut head (the one with 3m rope) and note that they are not meant for thick grass or will not perform well with thick and bushy grass, so the need to at early stage. And if going to use on veggies farm ensure you have enough spacing in planting and with careful maneuvering.

My verdict and BASED ON MY OWN UNDERSTANDING, this machines are meant for weeding but not weeding of a producing farmland.

Check YouTube videos, am not sure you will see them been used on a currently producing farm. The rope type head are mostly use for lawn and other heads are for Bush and cutting trees.

Have not tried the rolling cylindrical head (don't no the name), so I don't have any usage experience.

I am thinking of using it to clear Akintola size weed using 3T blade and probably attach a circular saw blade for opening of virgin forest. I even see some video where they attach circular saw and used in cutting tree.
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by saliubello(m): 9:55pm On Dec 12, 2017
[quote author=benabbey post=63228245][/quote] sure it can. The blade only can do that job. It's just that we most times, have unrealistic expectations of some of these advertised simple tools.
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by saliubello(m): 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2017
tozin10000:
pls I have luxury of time,how can I connect you ?
secondly what is the work rate of weeding machine per acres of land.
it's dependent on the handler. Motivated or lazy... grin but I'm based in Igboora town in Oyo State. Call me so we can connect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by benabbey(m): 10:20pm On Dec 12, 2017
saliubello:
sure it can. The blade only can do that job. It's just that we most times, have unrealistic expectations of some of these advertised simple tools.

Please is there any known side effect to health since it is a vibrating machine.
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by saliubello(m): 11:14pm On Dec 12, 2017
benabbey:

Please is there any known side effect to health since it is a vibrating machine.
to the best of my knowledge, NO. But I will search more information if any adverse effects had been reported in the literatures
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by domack99(m): 7:16am On Dec 13, 2017
benabbey:

I am thinking of using it to clear Akintola size weed using 3T blade and probably attach a circular saw blade for opening of virgin forest. I even see some video where they attach circular saw and used in cutting tree.

If your Akintola land mass to be cleared is like a plot of land you can go ahead but if you are talking about acres please employ the service of tree cutter with bigger chain saw.

Also the 80T Blade attachment are for Shrubs and smaller trees of like 10cm in radius. @saliubello said, don't put unrealistic expectations on this machines.

On the use of the 3T to clear the bush part, again I mentioned earlier that this things are more effective in a previously bulldozed land otherwise it is time and fuel consuming because you have lots of trees and shrubs to contend with. You need about 140 to 180 degree swing on a spot but with our mode of clearing I doubt if that will be possible.
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by benabbey(m): 7:21am On Dec 13, 2017
Thank you all for your intelligent contribution, I will get one soon, to be used without putting unrealistic expectations on it thank you for your time
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by Newway2(m): 12:34pm On Dec 13, 2017
First of all, i must state that my views may be biased because I sell this machine. But, I also use machine on my own farm to achieve what I hv not been able to achieve with manual labour.

Be as it may, we found out that the durability & versatility of d machine depends on d user. If d user is enthusiastic abt it & ready to unlearn old methods/ways, d machine will do wonders.

However, if d user is reluctant to change, it will be useless in his hands.

As stated by Saliu, normal care of machine applies.

There are different accessories for different jobs on d farm. D onus is on d user to know which particular accessory is suitable for a certain job.

As said by domack99, for weeding, one shldn't wait for d weeds to bcom giant b4 using d machine on them. By so doing, u will save a lot of stress.

We also found out that d brusher with rope is very very efficient in weeding as long as d weeds are still tender. it can weed inbtwn stones, stumps etc.

U can check pur thread here for more info

https://www.nairaland.com/4050993/5-1-mechanical-mini-weeder

https://www.nairaland.com/3864227/reduce-farm-labour-cost-get

https://www.nairaland.com/3865448/sack-farm-labour-reduce-cost

Also, if anybody has the time, you can pop in to our Ibadan offc for practical demo of how d machine works.

All in all, d machine works well if it is handled well & will surely reduce ur farm labour wahala.

A machine labour is always better than manual labour.

Thank you.
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by Newway2(m): 12:38pm On Dec 13, 2017
domack99:

If your Akintola land mass to be cleared is like a plot of land you can go ahead but if you are talking about acres please employ the service of tree cutter with bigger chain saw.

Also the 80T Blade attachment are for Shrubs and smaller trees of like 10cm in radius. @saliubello said, don't put unrealistic expectations on this machines.

On the use of the 3T to clear the bush part, again I mentioned earlier that this things are more effective in a previously bulldozed land otherwise it is time and fuel consuming because you have lots of trees and shrubs to contend with. You need about 140 to 180 degree swing on a spot but with our mode of clearing I doubt if that will be possible.

Not entirely true.

Once u hv a chance to swing or gently turn your hand carrying d (3T or 80T) cutter, it will open a path for u into d bush.

As I said, one needs to know how to use it to appreciate it effectiveness.
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by domack99(m): 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2017
Newway2:

Not entirely true.

Once u hv a chance to swing or gently turn your hand carrying d (3T or 80T) cutter, it will open a path for u into d bush.

As I said, one needs to know how to use it to appreciate it effectiveness.

My concern here are the trees and shrubs around that will serve as obstacles and regularly colliding with the machine. Except you farm is properly cleared without the traces of shrubs and remains of trees
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by Newway2(m): 7:04pm On Dec 13, 2017
domack99:

My concern here are the trees and shrubs around that will serve as obstacles and regularly colliding with the machine. Except you farm is properly cleared without the traces of shrubs and remains of trees

Yes, big trees whose girth is bigger that what d 80T can cut can initially constitute an impedance. But, shrubs hv no chance against a saw blade rotating at 10,000rpm.

With carefull manoeuvering, d so called big trees can be brought down with d 80T accessory.

So, wetin remain?

This machine is efficient for farm work in our environment.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by benzion72(m): 7:07pm On Dec 20, 2017
Handle Brush Cutter for the first time today. It was a big delight to handle 2 Horse Power with a simple hand lever.

With the 3T blade I cut an over grown plot with 3 years akintola weed Chromolena Odorata. I used 2 full tank fuel and had a nice cut just in 2 hour of work a plot is gone what will take 4 people two days.

I think the problem with many people is handling most of the manual in the market are chinko manual. I download Honda manual which is highly explanatory explaining the functions of various part and their use

Also I made youtube my friend. A friend bought the machine and gave it to his worker they wrote it off. But the one I handle today has terminated my prejudice
Against the Brush cutters.

Thank to enyibo who always try to remove drugery from farmwork.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by Newway2(m): 8:46pm On Dec 20, 2017
benzion72:
Handle Brush Cutter for the first time today. It was a big delight to handle 2 Horse Power with a simple hand lever.

With the 3T blade I cut an over grown plot with 3 years akintola weed Chromolena Odorata. I used 2 full tank fuel and had a nice cut just in 2 hour of work a plot is gone what will take 4 people two days.

I think the problem with many people is handling most of the manual in the market are chinko manual. I download Honda manual which is highly explanatory explaining the functions of various part and their use

Also I made youtube my friend. A friend bought the machine and gave it to his worker they wrote it off. But the one I handle today has terminated my prejudice
Against the Brush cutters.

Thank to enyibo who always try to remove drugery from farmwork.

I tell you. This machine is efficient if d user knows what to do with it.

Am happy your prejudice has been cleared. U can now go ahead & get one.

But, my advice for u is that u shld get a machine with available spare parts if u don't want a story that touch.

Our machine had available spare parts & engr that can repair in case of fault or damage.

Also, we can deliver to ur farm & teach ur staffs how to use or operate d machine (4 a small fee)

Check our signature for contact.

#FarmSmart & #FarmWisely

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by benabbey(m): 6:38pm On Mar 18, 2018
Please what could be the cause of excessive vibration. At higher revolution the vibration subside but at lower revolution the vibration is very high.
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by make9jagr8: 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2018
benabbey:

Please what could be the cause of excessive vibration. At higher revolution the vibration subside but at lower revolution the vibration is very high.

This is definitely as a result of imbalance somewhere in the machine.
Check that the attachment is well secured and centered to the spindle.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by Nobody: 12:45am On Jun 13, 2019
Following
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by nicepoker101(m): 2:27am On Sep 21, 2019
About to acquire this machine
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by nicepoker101(m): 2:28am On Sep 21, 2019
Newway2:

I tell you. This machine is efficient if d user knows what to do with it.

Am happy your prejudice has been cleared. U can now go ahead & get one.

But, my advice for u is that u shld get a machine with available spare parts if u don't want a story that touch.

Our machine had available spare parts & engr that can repair in case of fault or damage.

Also, we can deliver to ur farm & teach ur staffs how to use or operate d machine (4 a small fee)

Check our signature for contact.

#FarmSmart & #FarmWisely
How much should I budget for the machine.
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by Newway2(m): 10:02am On Sep 21, 2019
nicepoker101:
How much should I budget for the machine.

Price starts from 100k for the 4in1 basic Configuration
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by nicepoker101(m): 7:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
Newway2:

Price starts from 100k for the 4in1 basic Configuration
Thanks a lot.
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by Alamnaco: 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2021
What's the current price for the machine (bush cutter/weeder)
Re: What Is Your Take On Brush Cutter by benzion72(m): 3:15pm On Apr 06, 2021
Alamnaco:
What's the current price for the machine (bush cutter/weeder)
Go to Agbeni in Ibadan or google price on www.jiji.com, or www.jumia.com

(1) (Reply)

Advise Me On My Poultry Waste / Practical Cost And Income Analysis Of Cassava Farming / 4 Weeks Old Broiler For Sale In Ado Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.