Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made (33579 Views)

$142Million Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupe Most Expensive Car Ever Sold / Mercedes Is Recalling The G65 Because It Can Go Too Fast Backwards / Mercedes AMG G65 Brabus 900 22 Unvieled At IAA 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 13, 2017
MrMcJay:
Those reviewing the car can't afford it and those buying the car don't review it.

U should look up Doug demuro on YouTube, he only reviews expensive car, u will never see him review a Toyota Highlander or Honda Accord. And he has reviewed a lot of supercars. What he basically do is show u the quirks and fun parts of the car which many reviewers don't do.

1 Like

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by kokomaster3d: 8:32am On Dec 13, 2017
my 406 v6 can take on this car
Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by Bibi294(f): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2017
Either sily or not, I'm going to buy this car
Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by chronique(m): 8:38am On Dec 13, 2017
The video is quite embarrassing though and for so much money, users should get more out of it. I know everyone wants to drive and own a g-wagon but for that amount and my desire for true luxury, I'd rather go for a range rover SVautobiography.

1 Like

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by MobilityExpress: 8:38am On Dec 13, 2017
King4Roller:

E fit be G70 by the time wey your bar come

Baba you don make me look at my account naw, by the time bar go reach, e fit be G150 oooo... Chaiii!!! grin

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 13, 2017
greenhulk:

I get it, but in what way is this one better than a g55 which is like $100,000 cheaper? It is practically just 1 second faster and has the worst gas mileage of any production car. 11mpg combined lol.
Its a luxury brand. People don't buy luxury brands because of what they can do (I.e their utility) they buy them because they're exclusive, as in only a few can afford them. Its sheer stupidity in my opinion, but there you have it.

1 Like

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by tmanis(m): 8:55am On Dec 13, 2017
greenhulk:

U should look up Doug demuro on YouTube, he only reviews expensive car, u will never see him review a Toyota Highlander or Honda Accord. And he has reviewed a lot of supercars. What he basically do is show u the quirks and fun parts of the car which many reviewers don't do.
yess! That's why I love his channel... He goes into areas where other youtubers don't even go.... Other reviewers just want their camera around the car and speak only if the positives in a very boring manner

1 Like

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 13, 2017
chronique:
The video is quite embarrassing though and for so much money, users should get more out of it. I know everyone wants to drive and own a g-wagon but for that amount and my desire for true luxury, I'd rather go for a range rover SVautobiography.

My point exactly. People that buy it just buy it for the name without actually knowing what it is. What sets this car apart from other all-wheel drives is it's individual differential buttons (3 buttons actually compared to 1 in other cars) making it one of the best off-roaders, u can't get stuck driving this. But the irony is NOBODY buys this car to take it for extreme offroading, nobody buys this car to take it to the canyon. Most people that are rich enough to buy this buy it for the luxury and this car is not best known for its luxury and handling, there are far better and cheaper options. It's just the name.

1 Like

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 13, 2017
onatisi:

people who buy expensive cars dont really give a damm much about functionality or whatever , they have the money and what they just want is the latest automobile machines. as long as it starts,moves and it is the latest, they are ok.
same thing with majority who buy expensive phones , majority of them dont even know the ram or power of the phone,all they want to know is , is it the latest and the brand ,all most of them do on their phone is call and text. so at times taste determines the pricing of an item
I may be wrong, but I think people that buy stuff that are expensive just for the sake of being expensive, not that the item is made from rare materials, are rather dim. The manufacturers are taking them for fools and they feel proud of themselves. Sounds foolish, hinging your status/worth on the ownership of an item made from regular materials and sold at a high price because the manufacturer said its exclusive.
Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 13, 2017
BenShammer:
Its a luxury brand. People don't buy luxury brands because of what they can do (I.e their utility) they buy them because they're exclusive, as in only a few can afford them. Its sheer stupidity in my opinion, but there you have it.

I get u, but this car does not even offer the amount of luxury and comfort found in some SUVs... What luxury is this without keyless access, and that huge tire at the back that blocks ur vision while using the reverse camera, the huge spaces visible while doors are closed not to mention the really heavy rear door. U call this luxiry when it will take extra amount of energy to remove the spare tire (good luck doing this if u are not muscular). The handling is not even good enough, I don't see any luxury here that other cheaper brands don't do better, even the GLS 550 offers more luxury than this box and it is like $130,000 cheaper. What makes this car expensive is it's individual lock differential and 99% of people that buy it don't know how to use it and neither do they have reason to use it.

1 Like

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by onatisi(m): 9:18am On Dec 13, 2017
BenShammer:
I may be wrong, but I think people that buy stuff that are expensive just for the sake of being expensive, not that the item is made from rare materials, are rather dim. The manufacturers are taking them for fools and they feel proud of themselves. Sounds foolish, hinging your status/worth on the ownership of an item made from regular materials and sold at a high price because the manufacturer said its exclusive.
you are not far from the truth , we need to ask ourselves what specific function does an iphone 8 has that an iphone 7 doesnt have ?
even look at fashion, many good brands of item have better functions than their rivals which cost more than theirs
that is why companies spend huge sums of money in signing endorsement deals with stars who will promote their products and give them the needed publicity.
definitely if a mobile phone manufacturing company signs a star like ronaldo , ppl will see them as a premium brand

1 Like

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by onatisi(m): 9:21am On Dec 13, 2017
greenhulk:

My point exactly. People that buy it just buy it for the name without actually knowing what it is. What sets this car apart from other l wheel drive is it's individual differential buttons (3 buttons actually compared to 1 in other cars) making it one of the best off-roaders, u can't get stuck driving this. But the irony is NOBODY buys this car to take it for extreme offroading, nobody buys this car to take it to the creeks. Most people that are rich enough to buy this buy it for the luxury and this car is not best known for its luxury and handling, there are far better and cheaper options. It's just the name.
i totally agree with this and i think that is why they are called luxury items or products

1 Like

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by thunderbabs: 9:36am On Dec 13, 2017
With all d spec, the car no fit fly evn owners wouldnt speed pass 100km\hr especially on our roads. Jus luxury and for buga
Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by wtfcoded: 9:43am On Dec 13, 2017
I need money, more money. Is that too much to ask of u dear lord?
Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by newslifeop: 9:43am On Dec 13, 2017
Yes
Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by MrMcJay(m): 9:50am On Dec 13, 2017
greenhulk:

Thanks sir, will do.
Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 13, 2017
onatisi:

i totally agree with this and i think that is why they are called luxury items or products

But let's be honest there's is not even enough luxury in this so callled luxury car. No push to start, no e brakes, no rear entertainment system. Just look at the back seat, nothing special, no DVD or any form of entertainment for the back seat passengers where most of the times the owner of this box would sit. No laptop stand found in most luxury SUVs, not even sure it has a massage function or recycling owner seat where the owner sitting at the back can relax like found on the s class. This car is a scam. Have u see the rear seat of a range Rover? Now that's luxury. This one is just one over expensive boring car. A Volvo xc90 is more luxurious than this box.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by lamalang(m): 10:09am On Dec 13, 2017
People that buy this car care only about performance and the brand, keyless are for bozos
Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by EvilMetahuman: 10:36am On Dec 13, 2017
So, you also follow doug dumero on youtube? wink
Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 13, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
So, you also follow doug dumero on youtube? wink

One of my favorite channels. I never miss a video from him.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by tmanis(m): 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2017
greenhulk:

But let's be honest there's is not even enough luxury in this so callled luxury car. No push to start, no e brakes, no rear entertainment system. Just look at the back seat, nothing special, no DVD or any form of entertainment for the back seat passengers where most of the times the owner of this box would sit. No laptop stand found in most luxury SUVs, not even sure it has a massage function or recycling owner seat where the owner sitting at the back can relax like found on the s class. This car is a scam. Have u see the rear seat of a range Rover? Now that's luxury. This one is just one over expensive boring car. A Volvo xc90 is more luxurious than this box.
i thought I was the only one thinking like this.. ..
Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by addikt(m): 6:04pm On Dec 13, 2017
greenhulk:

There u go

Thanks
Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by DerideGull(m): 8:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
greenhulk:
With 6 liter twin turbo V12 producing 622 Hp and 738 lb-ft. This box has the engine of a supercar and costs $230,000.. (that is about $80,000 more expensive than the G63), upon that it doesn't even have a keyless access (wtf Mercedes, even a Rav 4 has that). Popular Youtuber Doug Demuro reviewed this car and looks like he doesn't like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3KjIQCKmM4&t=1068s

It is a piece of junk.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tokyolt: World's First 'Dual-Mode Vehicle' To Begin Operation In Japan / End Of Discussion Vs Discussion Continues / Fire Guts Mechanic Shop In Delta, Cars Destroyed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.