Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital (13706 Views)

Kwara State Governor And His 26 Years Old Commissioner / Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave / Biafran Jews Mark 50 Years Since Failed Bid For Independence - Times Of Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by harbdulrasaq88(m): 2:09pm On Dec 12, 2017
On this day (Dec 12) in 1991, the then Head of States, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, formally moved the capital city from Lagos to ABUJA.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/12/today-marks-26-years-since-abuja-became.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by Ugoeze2016: 2:12pm On Dec 12, 2017
Wow....I remember this day like it was last night. I wasn't happy about it though, love my Lagos

1 Like

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by dukie25: 2:21pm On Dec 12, 2017
And since then they've used our resources to build a city to be proud of anywhere in the world.
Northerners are not as backward as many southerners believe.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by sms87: 2:22pm On Dec 12, 2017
Hmmmm, just like yesterday.
Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 12, 2017
Good decision....

Lagos State would have been for the super-rich alone grin grin grin

Next is to decentralise ....

1. Administrative capital (Abuja)
2. Legislative capital (Rivers)
3. Economic capital (Kano)
4. Academic capital (Enugu/Ondo)

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by dokiOloye(m): 2:27pm On Dec 12, 2017
Abuja.
A city of absurdities.
No industries,no notable market or commercial hub but money is flying around everywhere.
So many money miss road personalities.
Restructuring this country should be the first step in d so called fight against corruption.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2017
I still remembered that day like yesterday.
Rounding up with Primary then.
I was still thinking of it after getting out of bed this morning.
God bless Nigeria

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by Ihatepork: 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2017
Abuja slogan should be changed to Looters paradise lol

2 Likes

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by PastorandMentor(m): 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2017
Apart from its expensive apartments, what else does Abuja have to offer.

3 Likes

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by Perge(m): 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2017
A 21st century city that cannot stand toe to toe with Cape Town of South African lunatics undecided undecided

Nothing to celebrate here.

8 Likes

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by moscobabs(m): 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2017
They suppose shift FCT to from Abuja to Ileogbo in Osun state.

FCT supposed to be used to develop the underdevelop town in the country

It was used to develop Calabar...now a city

It was used to develop Lagos ..now a city

It has been using to develop a local village called Abuja and its now a City.

My opinion though

2 Likes

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by michoim(m): 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2017
And what about it?
Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 12, 2017

Good morning

I'm a software developer and well skilled in:
1. Php
a) laravel
b) code igniter
c) vanilla php

2) SQL
a) mysql
b) meedoo

3) HTML

4) CSS
a) bootstrap

5) JavaScript
a) jQuery
b) ajax
c) plain JavaScript

6) WordPress

Contact me to handle at affordable fee your:
a) website
b) software development
c) school project
d) training
e)

I'm experienced and I'm also currently learning mobile programming using angular and ionic

My contacts are:

Email: adebajooluwaseyi@gmail.com

Thanks.

you can also contact me for to handle your software and web projects

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2017
shocked
∆Bad gateway ∆
Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by aspirebig: 3:14pm On Dec 12, 2017
Really?

Naija I hail oo

So even do Abj don get "#football" age

I was living in Abuja 2006 when then minister of FCT and present governor of KD was celebrating Abuja @ 30

....Hmmmm diaris God oooo

1 Like

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by adekhingz(m): 3:17pm On Dec 12, 2017
NO public holiday today. Why are you na telling us

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by raumdeuter: 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2017
26yrs after Lagos stopped being capital yet Lagos never stopped developing

2 Likes

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by Macnnoli4(m): 3:19pm On Dec 12, 2017
I hope say native Abuja people are enjoying the dividends of capitalocracy
Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by deebsman1(m): 3:20pm On Dec 12, 2017
The best help thou at the time, it looked like a curse to Lagos
but its actually the best thing ever to happened to Lagos,
If the Fed Govt had still remained in that town, by now that city would have been something else.

Caveat: Lagos still remains Abuja's big sister in all ramification and every sphere of human existence. Economic, Social, Money-miss-roads whatelse, name it

4 Likes

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by kolexy(m): 3:24pm On Dec 12, 2017
moscobabs:
They suppose shift FCT to from Abuja to Ileogbo in Osun state.

FCT supposed to be used to develop the underdevelop town in the country

It was used to develop Calabar...now a city

It was used to develop Lagos ..now a city

It has been using to develop a local village called Abuja and its now a City.

My opinion though

We should start by buying roofing sheet for Ileogbo before we start talking about moving the capital there

3 Likes

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by TrendedNG(f): 3:26pm On Dec 12, 2017
Ok
Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by dokiOloye(m): 3:26pm On Dec 12, 2017
aspirebig:
Really?

Naija I hail oo

So even do Abj don get "#football" age

I was living in Abuja 2006 when then minister of FCT and present governor of KD was celebrating Abuja @ 30...

They claimed Abuja became Nigeria's capital in 1976...

So now 11 years later ....Abuja is now 26 years old

....Hmmmm diaris God oooo
Was designated as FCT in 1976 but d seat of power was moved from Lagos in 1991.
Kapish?

1 Like

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by 912(m): 3:28pm On Dec 12, 2017
Abuja, the over-pampered child of a rich father. Where 70% of our wealth is spent but contributes nothing to the nation.

The home of the 10% that eat the cake which belongs to 90% in other parts of the country....Mchewwwwwww.

Just delete two of its main buildings and their occupants (Aso rock and National House of Assembly) and you have solved 90% of the country's problem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by awillabo: 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2017
FrenchWay:

I want to use this medium to advice you all.
Please the single guys be informed that there is more to marriage than sex.
Sex is overrated. When you are married, you get tired of eating the same punny after a while.
It takes oda tins to let the marriage work. Compatibility and genuine love.

The society must stop body-shaming the ugly ones; most tyms, they make great homes.
Look at yourself too as a guy, would you want your sister to Marry a man like you? If No then work on yourself too.

#I married this woman last year becus she is so hot and all my stupid friends kept DMing me telling me that am so lucky to get such a princess.
Now I spend more days in the bar than my home. The punny no dey sweet me again self.

Please y'all shud marry for love oh and not for the body...
A word is enuf for the wise.

Love this post. Nice one. M about getting married.
Thanks man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by moscobabs(m): 3:33pm On Dec 12, 2017
kolexy:

We should start by buying roofing sheet for Ileogbo before we start talking about moving the capital there
Ileogbo is not a village is a town ,a headquarter of a local government in Osun state so no need of buying roofing sheets
Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by realone2012: 3:35pm On Dec 12, 2017
dokiOloye:
Abuja.
A city of absurdities.
No industries,no notable market or commercial hub but money is flying around everywhere.
So many money miss road personalities.
Restructuring this country should be the first step in d so called fight against corruption.
Very apt
Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by Emu4life(m): 3:35pm On Dec 12, 2017
ok
Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by josessybj: 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2017
26 yrs of back backwardness
Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by BigIyanga: 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2017
Another failed city.
No working centralized sewage system.
No working centralized public water system.
No sewage treatment city.
Non function street lights.
No public transport system.
No intra/inter city rail system.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by gebest: 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2017
and the development is unpresidented
Re: Today Marks 26 Years Since Abuja Became Nigeria's Federal Capital by highbee02: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2017
harbdulrasaq88:
On this day (Dec 12) in 1991, the then Head of States, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, formally moved the capital city from Lagos to ABUJA.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/12/today-marks-26-years-since-abuja-became.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crack In Okorocha’s APC Faction / Electoral Act: FG May Go To Court Over Rejected Buhari’s Request - Malami / Nigerian Flags Being Burnt At Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.