Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,883 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Commissioned Investments This Year Across The Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Commissioned Investments This Year Across The Country (365 Views)

Ganduje Inspects Two Mega Projects To Be Commissioned By Buhari Tomorrow / Umar Ganduje Speaks About Projects Commissioned After Bribery Allegation Scandal / Kaduna Inland Dry Port To Be Commissioned By President Buhari On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commissioned Investments This Year Across The Country by presidency: 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2017
Nigeria is open for business and investment. These are a handful of commissioned investments this year, across the country: in Agriculture, Retail, Food, Healthcare, Oil and Gas, etc
#InvestNigeria

1 Share

Re: Commissioned Investments This Year Across The Country by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 12, 2017
Novare mall??...like seriously? undecided how can a mall be celebrated as a national investment??

1 Like

Re: Commissioned Investments This Year Across The Country by PapaBrowne(m): 4:45pm On Dec 12, 2017
Dear presidency,

If you notice, all the investments you listed were either attracted by the previous government or by specific state governors.

I start with the first one, Indorama. Construction began on the plant in March 2013 and was to be completed in early 2016. The dollar tragedy that came with the new government stalled the completion and that's why the plant was completed in 2017. This is a private sector projected started under the previous administration.
You can read directly from the company's website here https://www.indoramaeleme.com/project-details.php?id=77

The second on the list, the Fertilizer Blending plant in Edo state. It's a project the new governor of Edo state Godwin Obaseki partnered with Wacot to bring to fruition.

The third one, NOVARE MALL. Ha haba! That the presidency is counting this as one of its achievements!! Haba!! Actually, the sad story about mall construction in Nigeria is that ever since the government came to power there has been a ridiculous slowdown in mall construction and the worst part is the malls are now all suffering terrible occupancy rates. Go and check out Novare Lagos and it has less than 25% occupancy rate because the current government damaged the exchange rate as well as destroyed the purchasing power of Nigerians.

I don't know much about the syringe factory, so I'll leave it alone.

The fifth you mentioned is the Olam Hatchery in Kaduna. El Rufai specifically mentioned how he personally spoke with Olam in Singapore to make it happen. He provided them with the land and all the support they required.

The sixth, the Ford Assembly plant by Coscharis. This was a direct result of the previous government's auto policy. All the other plants that were all beginning to come on stream(21 in total) have all gone into hiding. Construction of this plant was even stalled when Buhari started his terrible forex restriction policy.

The last two on the list, Petrolex Tank farm and the cereal factory, I know too little about , so I wouldn't comment.

My point is simple. There is nothing this Buhari government has done in the almost 3 years since it came on board, so there is nothing to list. So you just borrow projects others have put in all the work and then you try to take credit. This list is an indictment in itself.

When Osibanjo was in charge briefly, we saw improvements. Everything stopped the moment Buhari came back!! I can't wait for 2019.

1 Like

Re: Commissioned Investments This Year Across The Country by stobery(m): 5:27pm On Dec 12, 2017
shervydman:
Novare mall??...like seriously? undecided how can a mall be celebrated as a national investment??

Very shameful my brother!

(1) (Reply)

Forget Presidency – Ikedife Advises Igbo Politicians / PDP Alleges The Government Is Building New Prisons / Roslyn Is Looking To Share An Apartment With Anyone In Ajao Estate For Two Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.