Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Help! Tick And Fleas Infestation - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help! Tick And Fleas Infestation (1436 Views)

What Can I Use against Ticks And Fleas On Puppy? / Best Chemical For Dogs Ticks Infestation / Ticks And Fleas Bothering You Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Tick And Fleas Infestation by Endy10(m): 6:32pm On Dec 12, 2017
My friend has a very cute Lhasa apso that I love so much. Was surprised to see the dog in a very dire state when o went to see her today. It had clearly lost weight, most of its furs was gone and it had sores on its skin. When I questioned her, I found out it was as a result of tick and fleas. She said the condition was so bad that she fear for his life. She was even surprised it came out to play when it saw me. The vet she took the dog to just gave her some products and charged #13000, but still there is no result.
Pls I need help from my fellow dog lovers. I would be distraught if anything happens to Cooper ( yes, that's his name). Pls help me out. I appreciate any contribution

Re: Help! Tick And Fleas Infestation by Endy10(m): 9:27pm On Dec 12, 2017
Pls I need answers. cry
Re: Help! Tick And Fleas Infestation by babythug(f): 9:34pm On Dec 12, 2017
The hair needs to be trimmed for starters. Then he has to receive some anti parasite injections from a vet. Ensure his environment is cleaned with bleach, grass cut if possible fumigate. Give him a balance diet and multi vitamins to help the treatment . Use an experienced vet

4 Likes

Re: Help! Tick And Fleas Infestation by Magpies(m): 10:12pm On Dec 12, 2017
Endy10:
My friend has a very cute Lhasa apso that I love so much. Was surprised to see the dog in a very dire state when o went to see her today. It had clearly lost weight, most of its furs was gone and it had sores on its skin. When I questioned her, I found out it was as a result of tick and fleas. She said the condition was so bad that she fear for his life. She was even surprised it came out to play when it saw me. The vet she took the dog to just gave her some products and charged #13000, but still there is no result.
Pls I need help from my fellow dog lovers. I would be distraught if anything happens to Cooper ( yes, that's his name). Pls help me out. I appreciate any contribution
oops....

have you checked around for the major cause of the ticks??

is the area fumigated??

you can reach me on 08145796885/whatsapp

we could be of help.
Re: Help! Tick And Fleas Infestation by Endy10(m): 8:02am On Dec 13, 2017
The house and his cage has been fumigated. The little sores on the body is what worries me.
Re: Help! Tick And Fleas Infestation by DoublekayKennel(m): 9:01am On Dec 13, 2017
Trim the fur,get Okin soap,bath him with okin soap then rub palm kennel oil over the body and also give one spoon of palm kennel oil to drink once daily.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Tick And Fleas Infestation by Endy10(m): 1:26pm On Dec 15, 2017
DoublekayKennel:
Trim the fur,get Okin soap,bath him with okin soap then rub palm kennel oil over the body and also give one spoon of palm kennel oil to drink once daily.

Thanks, o went with the palm kernel oil idea. After trimming the hair and batting with anti flea and tick shampoo, I rubbed the oil on the body. The sores on the skin is gone amazingly after two days. Didn't give the dog the dog the oil to drink though. Will do that when I go visiting today. Expect pictures. Thanks everyone.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

A Female Rotteweiler X Caucasian Cross Breed For Sell In Ilorin / Attention To All Dog Breeders!! / Share Your Kibble Experience And Pics Too!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.