Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. (7079 Views)

Top Best 5 Naija Music Video Directors Of 2015(photos) / MTV Base Names Olamide As Hottest Naija Artiste 2015(full List) / a (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by ayettymama(f): 7:07am On Apr 04, 2010
this is the best- song and video absolutely amazing!
[flash=450,330]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOUQAzQlpDI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 04, 2010
THE AMAKA:

it'its not good to assume that everyone was born and raised in naija.
1. why would i be patriotic if the music is crappy? i don't even understand what most (70%) of the artists are saying cause whatever gibberish they speak, i don't comprehend.
and i didn't start listening to naija music until late '06 so this music is "foreign" to me.
neither have i watched any naija music videos that came out '05 and before, sorry, so i wouldn't know.
who cares about the quality when all the storylines, beat, and other crap is all the same! it may be in "HD" or "HQ" but that ain't gonna make me watch it or rate it a "good" video.
and PLEASE don't assume that i listen or even watch american hip hop videos cause i don't do that either. im very selective in that category, i prefer R&B

lol @ the part in bold. THAT'S A BIG REASON WHY I DON'T WATCH NAIJA VIDEOS, ABEG!!! ALL NA THE SAME THING! aren't those the same people that copy all these western artists anyway? shior.
and i enjoy lady gaga, thank you! she may be foreign to you, but not to me
cool

I'm quite disappointed at your condescending (and somewhat contemptuous) views about naija music et al. I guess you believe your 'adopted' culture to be superior and more worthwhile. . .isn't it a mystery therefore that you still bear 'amaka'; your oyinbo friends might consider it gibberish, too. Don't go acting assimilated into their foreignness. At the end of the day, when push comes to shove, you'd be reminded of your own foreignness!

Anyways, my point is: it's a learning curve. Naija videos have improved phenomenally; anyone without a warped sense of affected sophistication can easily see and attest to that. We may never outdo the Americans, but we'll at least 'get there' sometime soon. About Banky's video, its goodness lies not necessarily in the quality of the story (pooof, must every music video tell a story?). But its cinematographic 'cleanness', casting and production is very very good; better than most of the mediocre stuff we are used to locally. I guess videos like this (and his terrific 'strong ting' video) would help raise standards in the industry. I am unabashedly and unapologetically supportive of naija ingenuity and I believe we can only grow. Even living abroad for donkey years wouldn't make me condescendingly cynical about us and ours.
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by THEAMAKA(f): 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2010
LOLOL!!! you  still don't get it.
NAIJA MUSIC IS FOREIGN TO ME CAUSE I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT EXISTED UNTIL I FIRST STEPPED INTO NIGERIA 4 YEARS AGO.
then in '06 i started listening to it. but who cares anyway, i don't even understand what the majority of them are saying, so what gives?
pigin is not my first "language" okay?

and who said anything about it being superior? i just don't fancy naija music, NA BY FORCE?
shior, sit down abeg!!!!

a name is a name, so that part is pretty much irrelevant. not all my oyinbo friends have "english" names anyway. 

did i push a button or what?

hahahaha and even if they have "improved" based on quality or whatever, the storylines are so repetitive.
bottom line: BE ORIGINAL!!!

but i see where this is going, and i'm NOT going there. so whatever.
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 04, 2010
^
Clap for yourself. Talking about originality, I don't know what's "original" about trying to be more catholic than the pope. . .or being more white than George Bush.
**some of these pretenders wey get identity crisis suppose go form 'dollarland' and leave us for our nairaland jare**
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by THEAMAKA(f): 6:37pm On Apr 04, 2010
you're soooooooooooooooo dumb!!! hahahaha that's why i ignore Nigerians that are as hard-headed as you.
who is forming dollarland? or is that what you think?
i KNOW where I'm from. just because im Nigerian by blood does not mean im automatically Nigerian by association.
is it really by force to like Nigerian music, most of which i don't even understand, and that has been copied time and time again?
sit down boy.
HATER.
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by sjeezy8: 6:53pm On Apr 04, 2010
[size=13pt]SIR SHINA PETERS ( ACE AFRO- JUJU SERIES 1  [/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zD3NohbaXY&feature=related

shina peters is my fav musician he has always been fly
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by e36991: 7:23pm On Apr 04, 2010
[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKXjwTC7cKM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

The music video to the very well described situation of Africa
  and the changes needed to make a difference in the lives of folk back home.
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 04, 2010
THE AMAKA:

you're soooooooooooooooo dumb!!! hahahaha that's why i ignore Nigerians that are as hard-headed as you.
who is forming dollarland? or is that what you think?
i KNOW where I'm from. just because im Nigerian by blood does not mean im automatically Nigerian by association.
is it really by force to like Nigerian music, most of which i don't even understand, and that has been copied time and time again?
sit down boy.
HATER.

I'm sooo dumb? Don't start WWIII when you'll most def get mashed up. Didnt call u names, but since you'd rather show how badly raised you are, then you'd get your just desserts.

I know your type; fake and 'boogy' wannabe. I HATE those types. You must be dumber than Mr.(s) Bean to think you'd ever be more American than they who own the land. Deluded, inter-continental hitch-hiker. Su.ck all the white dick you can, you may grow whiter in the process. Stray dog.
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by THEAMAKA(f): 10:43pm On Apr 04, 2010
yep, you're just a hater. and who says I'm tryna be american? why would i "try" and be something?
just because i don't fancy whack naija music makes me fake? LOL
please, hush boy.

were you denied a visa?  tongue
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 04, 2010
THE AMAKA:

yep, you're just a hater. and who says I'm tryna be american? why would i "try" and be something?
please, hush boy.

Then I must be fake too because I depise those westernized wanna-be Naija artists. Yawn

Lemme guess; Pink when you're happy, blue when you want to diss.
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by THEAMAKA(f): 10:46pm On Apr 04, 2010
FL Gators:

Then I must be fake too because I depise those westernized wanna-be Naija artists. Yawn

Lemme guess; Pink when you're happy, blue when you want to diss.
naw, i just do whatever instantly comes to mind. hahaha
yes, WE ARE FAKE! lol
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 04, 2010
ayettymama:

this is the best- song and video absolutely amazing!
[flash=450,330]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOUQAzQlpDI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"[/flash]

SAY WHAT?? ? ? ?

I loff loff loff loff loff this song and the lyrics. mwah. So African So beautiful.
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by sjeezy8: 12:18am On Apr 05, 2010
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 05, 2010
THE AMAKA:

please, hush boy.

I never applied for a US Visa. Been to more exotic places on holidays. Slaves like you go there to wash corpses and never quite save enough money to buy a ticket home. "whack naija music"? Listen to yourself. Such blanket denigration of your own country's art speaks volumes of your paucity of sense.

If you dont like particular naija songs, it's allowed! But by all means indicate that/those which you do like! Ayettymama and everyone else here did just that. For you to condescendingly denigrate the whole gamut of naija art expression as "gibberish" or "whack" shows how pathetically pretentious you are. Drop that beautiful name 'Amaka' and ask your slave-master to find a befitting 'foreign' name for you. I'd suggest one for free though: dimwit.
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by THEAMAKA(f): 1:06am On Apr 05, 2010
lol GET OVER IT!
single-minded mofo, who even said i was born in Nigeria? coming here to do what? lolol!!!
you're just madd!!! haha
so i guess you skipped the part where i said i didn't know naija music existed until i first stepped there in '06
keep making an arse out of yourself, very entertaining.
90% of it is whack whack whack whack! okay? tongue

answer this question. IS IT BY FORCE TO LIKE ROCK MUSIC? IS IT BY FORCE TO LIKE HEAVY METAL? IS IT BY FORCE TO LIKE COUNTRY MUSIC? IS IT MY FORCE TO LIKE JAZZ? IS IT BY FORCE TO LIKE HOUSE MUSIC?
and again, IS IT BY FORCE TO LIKE NAIJA MUSIC?
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by Mmmbop: 1:08am On Apr 05, 2010
pro01:

I never applied for a US Visa. Been to more exotic places on holidays. Slaves like you go there to wash corpses and never quite save enough money to buy a ticket home. "whack naija music"? Listen to yourself. Such blanket denigration of your own country's art speaks volumes of your paucity of sense.

If you dont like particular naija songs, it's allowed! But by all means indicate that/those which you do like! Ayettymama and everyone else here did just that. For you to condescendingly denigrate the whole gamut of naija art expression as "gibberish" or "whack" shows how pathetically pretentious you are. Drop that beautiful name 'Amaka' and ask your slave-master to find a befitting 'foreign' name for you. I'd suggest one for free though: dimwit.
lol, oh gosh, here we go cheesy
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 05, 2010
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 05, 2010
THE AMAKA:

lol GET OVER IT!
single-minded mofo, who even said i was born in Nigeria? coming here to do what? lolol!!!
you're just madd!!! haha
so i guess you skipped the part where i said i didn't know naija music existed until i first stepped there in '06
keep making an arse out of yourself, very entertaining.
90% of it is whack whack whack whack! okay? tongue

answer this question. IS IT BY FORCE TO LIKE ROCK MUSIC? IS IT BY FORCE TO LIKE HEAVY METAL? IS IT BY FORCE TO LIKE COUNTRY MUSIC? IS IT MY FORCE TO LIKE JAZZ? IS IT BY FORCE TO LIKE HOUSE MUSIC?
and again, IS IT BY FORCE TO LIKE NAIJA MUSIC?

a cretin like you does not even deserve my time. Suffice it to say, nevertheless, that you're an experiment gone awry; much worse than Nutty Professor's Prof. Klump. Since you're making such heavy weather out of your being 'born & raised' in America, and your disgust for all naija art, do the rest of us a favour. Get your schizophrenic slave ass out of NAIRAland and go suc.k more white American dick. . .one day you'd grow white skin - the fulfilment of a life-long (pipe)dream, I imagine.
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by THEAMAKA(f): 1:44am On Apr 05, 2010
and yes, my questions went unanswered. lol
i don't deserve you're time, yet you are still here trying to tell ME what I should like or shouldn't like? hmm okay
but anyway, not ALL naija music is bad. only 10% is tolerable.
I'm sorry but if the bad tremendously outweighs the good, then i will brand it as "whack." its my cup of tea, not yours.

but anyway, the only reason why i brought up the fact that i was born and raised in the states is because you kept on trying to tell me that American music is foreign to me and i should like naija music because? (as if you really know me to be making such sweeping statements)

did you really just say naija art? you mean all that plagiarism? lol

WHO DO SOME BACKWARD MINDS THINK EVERYTHING AMERICAN IS RELATED TO WHITE COCK, WHITE SKIN, OR TRYING TO BE WHITE? LOL
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by bawomolo(m): 2:18am On Apr 05, 2010
do not front as if you didn't like this song as a child

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo3bC8fSzys&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by chiogo(f): 2:27am On Apr 05, 2010
Hmm, hottest music video? no freaking idea.

Ok. . . Kini big deal - Naeto C undecided

That's the 'most recent' I remember that looks decent enough.
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by ayettymama(f): 6:22am On Apr 05, 2010
[flash=425,330]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNfTSim_hXA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"[/flash]

i always knew this was a dubb off 'run this town' bu ill post it anyway
its a good copy lol
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 05, 2010
pro01:

Just because she doesnt like Naija music?

Chineke me!!! rotfl.

Ok, do you like country music? Rock? Chinco music?
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by platinumnk(f): 8:45am On Apr 05, 2010
pro01:

**dies**

Mmmbop:

lol, oh gosh, here we go cheesy

I know right? grin homeboy went off grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by THEAMAKA(f): 8:46am On Apr 05, 2010
lol look what the wind blew in again. . .
lmfao!
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by platinumnk(f): 8:55am On Apr 05, 2010
dimwit. .  havent heard that in a while grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

@topic- wink

wonder when they will add that censor grin
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by THEAMAKA(f): 8:56am On Apr 05, 2010
oh, i got time.
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 05, 2010
THE AMAKA:

lol look what the wind blew in again. . .
lmfao!

Honey, the wind is fair today. Its not [i]that [/i]strong
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by THEAMAKA(f): 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2010
FL Gators:

Honey, the wind is fair today. Its not [i]that [/i]strong
lmfao.
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by platinumnk(f): 3:59pm On Apr 05, 2010
pro01:

**Dies again** grin grin grin
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by THEAMAKA(f): 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2010
^^^
death at the oompa loompa above me.
grin grin grin
Re: Hottest Naija Music Video Of All Time. by platinumnk(f): 9:40pm On Apr 05, 2010
Ha so weak tongue try using something else cheesy grin cheesy grin

I dont bang gurls hoe grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Lame as hell yo grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Haven't Had Sex In 10 Years" Genevieve Nnaji / Top 5 Most Curvy Nollywood Actresses(pinchures inclusive) / Nigerian Gospel Singer: Chidinma Reportedly Pregnant For Tim Godfrey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.