Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Rejection - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Rejection (492 Views)

“My Career Was One Of Outright Rejection Of The Status Quo.” -Babs Omotowa / To The Trauma Of Facing Failure And Rejection / Writer Rejection: 7 Reasons Why Publishers Reject Manuscripts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rejection by dannyodia101(m): 5:38pm On Dec 13, 2017
So I decided to try my hands on poetry for the first time. I’ve been running away from it for a while now but finally decided to give it a shot. Like to hear your thoughts on it. Titled “Rejection” Enjoy please! Read away…

Over years, I’ve known many friends

A lot of which I may never see again

I wanted to believe they just became square pegs

Well, at least that’s what I thought

Frankly, we probably shouldn’t have been hanging at all

Again, I’ve known many friends

And I’ve lost a lot too

But then came Her

My one true friend who finally accepted me

She was a unicorn, rare as a gem

Like the wave of the wand, our friendship grew

At first, she’d come see for a little while

It was concise and I wanted more

Then she’d… https://dannyworld.net/2017/12/13/rejection/ click link to read full poem

(1) (Reply)

Miss Attitude / #bring Back Our Writers. / American Style. A Short And Hilarious Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.