Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,729 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:28 AM

Pastor Publicly Expreses Regret For Collecting Tithe, Proves Daddy Freeze Right - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Publicly Expreses Regret For Collecting Tithe, Proves Daddy Freeze Right (1816 Views)

Pastor Publicly Whip The Faithful Who Have Not Paid Tithe / Popular Pastor Publicly Repents From Collecting Tithe, Calls It Manipulation / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Publicly Expreses Regret For Collecting Tithe, Proves Daddy Freeze Right by enilove(m): 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2017
MrPristine:

This is sheer arrogant expression of ignorance. There are several scriptures in the new testament that make it crystal clear that Christians are not under the Jewish law. Other than to love God and our fellow man which summarises what is expected of us as Christians. There are 613 Jewish laws, if you believe in keeping the law then you must keep them all else you cut yourself away from the grace of Christ(Galatians 5:4) you cannot pick and choose which law to obey if you decide to observe the law, you must obey them all(Galatians 3:10)

I thank God for his mercies and for removing us Christians from the curse of the law. If you choose to remain under a curse, that's your problem and not mine.

Are you saying Jesus did not know what he was saying ?
Can't you read and pray , even if you don't understand?

What is the meaning of the below:
Matthew 5:17 KJV
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Just explain b4 resorting to abuse.
Re: Pastor Publicly Expreses Regret For Collecting Tithe, Proves Daddy Freeze Right by openmine(m): 6:14pm On Dec 15, 2017
salvation101:
why is it so hard for u to tell me where Jesus asked his disciples to stop tithing? The only time Jesus mentioned the word tithe in the new testament, he permitted it(matt23:23)...now tell me where he eventually asked his disciples to stop tithing..

Asking me such a question is like asking me where Jesus asked his disciples not to carry out 'circumcision' or 'burn incenses' or 'do burnt offerings' or 'observe sin offerings'!

One thing U are still yet to grasp is that the "law based tithe" which was endorsed by Jesus was because he was still under the law...!

How would he GO AGAINST one of the law of Moses "tithe" and leave out burnt offerings or sin offerings or any other laws as contained in the law of Moses?

The biblical tithe that Jesus mentioned in Matthew 23:23 was borne out or contained in the law of moses....

And the bible says in Hebrews 7:11-19 that the mosaic law along with its covenant and ordinances have been ABOLISHED simply because it was WEAK AND USELESS!

Or let's put it this way....Let's say your were meant to pay your school fees which contains sports levy,textbook levy,library fee etc....Then some one decides to PAY OFF the school fees for you!
WILL YOUR STILL NEED TO PAY FOR 'SPORTS LEVY' OR OTHER LEVIES AFTER SOME ONE HAS PAID IT FOR YOU?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Publicly Expreses Regret For Collecting Tithe, Proves Daddy Freeze Right by openmine(m): 7:11pm On Dec 15, 2017
enilove:
Daddy frees or whatever is working for the plan of the devil to convert Nigeria to an Islamic nation gradually.

Jesus said :
Matthew 5:20 KJV
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

True...the righteousness that is based on the finished work on the cross!
The righteousness that is not based on the law but on the power of Grace!

enilove:

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Yes he came to bring the law to its completion.....In other words,the purpose of the law has served it purpose once Christ was revealed....

Galatians 3:11-14
11 Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because “the righteous will live by faith.” 12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, “The person who does these things will live by them.” 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.” 14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

Galatians 3:17-24
17 What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise. 18 For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on the promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise.

19 Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator. 20 A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but God is one.

21 Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law. 22 But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.

23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

enilove:

Was it not counted for them as righteousness when they pay their tithes? If it was part of righteousness and Jesus has not cancelled the laws and we are expected to do what the Pharisees did and surpass it , why do you think payment of tithes is not necessary.

It never was because that righteousness was based on works which is also hinged on the mosaic law!

Galatians 3:21-25
21 Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law.

22 But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.

23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

enilove:

If it was part of righteousness and Jesus has not cancelled the laws and we are expected to do what the Pharisees did and surpass it , why do you think payment of tithes is not necessary.

Jesus was born under the "mosaic law" hence he never opposed tithing just the same way he never opposed burnt offerings,sin offerings,circumcision or burning of incense!
But when he died and resurrected,he put to an end the dictates of the law as written in Galatians 3 and God made him a high priest of a new covenant which was far superior to that of the law of moses!

Hebrews 7:18-28

18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

20 And it was not without an oath! Others became priests without any oath, 21 but he became a priest with an oath when God said to him:

“The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind:
‘You are a priest forever."

22 Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantor of a better covenant.

23 Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

26 Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27 Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. 28 For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

enilove:

Matthew 23:23 KJV
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Jesus did not deny that tithe is necessary. He said they needed to pay tithes and not forget being merciful , faith etc

Just the same way he never denied the necessity of circumcision or sin offerings or burning of incense and that is because he was still under the law of moses!

enilove:

The points are :
We must do all what Pharisees did and more
The pharisees pay tithes , to exceed them we must pay tithes and combine it with judgment, mercy and faith as per Math.23:23.

The pharisees were Jews and were obligated by law to practice Judaism!
Just the same way every Jew who was under the law were obligated to observe the ordinances of the law!

enilove:

Tithe is not for Pharisees alone as the whole Bible is for all Christians who are children of Abraham by faith.

Children of Abraham based on faith and not deeds (Romans 4)
Abraham committed Adultery....Are U willing to do such?

enilove:

Tithes and offerings are meant for the spreading of the gospel and helping the poor .The church needs funds to exist and survive. This is what Satan is targeting.

You can still spread the gospel without tithing and offerings
By teaching People to give generously
Paul advised the people of Corinthians to grow in the gift of giving generously (2 Corinthians 8;2 Corinthians 9:7;Acts 4)

Let me ask you a question,Have you ever done something worthwhile and benevolent and the receiver then pops up this question..."WHICH CHURCH DO YOU ATTEND?"

It simply shows that the only way You can spread rapidly the message of the Gospel of Jesus by helping our the Poor and needy!

enilove:

Saudi Arabia is funding Islam ,even setting up Islamic Banks , to spread Islam , why should we deprive the church of money to spread the gospel and to exist. Pastors need money for their welfare to concentrate on the things of the gospel.

No wonder there is hunger and poverty in most of the Islamic nations,When such funds are not channeled to the needy ones,wars and anarchy is the order of the day!
Going by your analogy,i now see the reason why there is so much war or conflicts around Islam based countries with all due respect to my Muslim brothers......

enilove:

It the Satanic pastors are defrauding the church, they will pay with their eternal life in hell.

If there are satanic pastors,they must be exposed so that they don't deceive others!
Do U know how many Christians that have been converted to atheists because of what some pastors they had so much respect for did?
If Reverend Kings was not exposed for what he did to that sister,He still would have continued his heinous acts using the bible and church as a cover!

enilove:

Even the apostles needed money and the members were faithful to sell their properties and give the whole money to the gospel, who can do that now.

I think the scriptures in Acts 4 was clear on that......
No one forced them or commanded them to sell their properties...They did so on their OWN FREE WILL!
And the monies put on the Apostles feet was actually used to cater for those who are impoverished or needy!

enilove:

If we don't pay tithes are we ready to give all to the gospel?

Giving must be decided from the heart and for a purpose!
You can never preach to a hungry man no matter how charismatic or smooth a pastor is!
If U want to preach to a man or woman who has no hope in life,First offer him or her hope by helping him or her....
Only then can you preach the gospel to such person....Of what use is the Gospel to a helpless man?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Publicly Expreses Regret For Collecting Tithe, Proves Daddy Freeze Right by MrPristine: 8:36am On Dec 16, 2017
enilove:

Are you saying Jesus did not know what he was saying ?
Can't you read and pray , even if you don't understand?

What is the meaning of the below:

Just explain b4 resorting to abuse.

Yes Jesus came to fulfil the law meaning the law has already been fulfilled and we have no business trying to fulfil what Jesus has already completed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Goes To Heaven? / A Nigerian Abraham Apprehended By The Police / Churches are like MiniSchools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.