Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" (5174 Views)

PDP Yet To Explain The Irresponsible Expenditure Of 1999 To 2014 —buhari / Previous Directors Of DSS Since 1999 To 2018 / Sule Lamido Wore 2012 PDP Convention Gown To 2017 Convention (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by viviangist: 9:47pm On Dec 14, 2017
#VOTEWISELY

Click LIKE for (Good Governance)

SHARE for (Bad Governance)
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by viviangist: 9:47pm On Dec 14, 2017
OLUSEGUN OBASANJO

51 Likes 61 Shares

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by viviangist: 9:47pm On Dec 14, 2017
Umaru Musa Yar'Adua

192 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by NaijaMutant(f): 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2017
ok

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by viviangist: 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2017
Goodluck Jonathan

179 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by viviangist: 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2017
Muhammadu Buhari

48 Likes 189 Shares

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by viviangist: 9:50pm On Dec 14, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by braimeddy: 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2017
So u Don find method to get likes for urself abi. How much u go sell the likes?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by dollytino4real(f): 9:52pm On Dec 14, 2017
umaru musa

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by aybabz101: 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2017
umaru musa yaradua

- halt the militancy problem in the SS
- good agricultural policy
- low pump price
- stable economy
- country was less tribalistic
- undo the fraudulent sales of public properties by.
corruption obasanjo
- revival of the rail way sector wey oga jona wan claim
- dredging of river Niger wey oga jona wan claim
- initiate non partisan anti-corruption crusade.
- died may 5, 2010

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by PMWSpirit(m): 9:54pm On Dec 14, 2017
Oboi see LIKES harvesting
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by odduduwa: 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2017
viviangist:
OLUSEGUN OBASANJO
one of the most useless and worthless slowpoke to have ever ruled this zoo ,this chimpanzee has the opportunity to transform the zoo oh! no he reintroduced corruption in a whole new dimension yet afonja turn blind eyes but face good luck .....before I live ,imagine if it was an Igbo man that conceived the idea of third term agenda my goodness the stigma will be transferred to the 10th generation of Igbo THIRD TERM AGENDA ,THIS I CONSIDER THE BIGGEST CORRUPTION EVER IN THE ZOO

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by raker300: 9:57pm On Dec 14, 2017
Yar’adua started dredging of river niger

Started construction of enugu/onitsha express.

GEJ gave eastern Nigeria international airport despite economic blockade in place.

Built silos to store foods just in case..

So GEJ and yar’adua are my best

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by odduduwa: 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2017
viviangist:
Muhammadu Buhari
can anything good come out from a terrorist and paedophile yes ask Aisha buhari she can share her memory especially when she was 9

21 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:07pm On Dec 14, 2017
Am here to talk about the worst president in the world

His name is mumumadu Buhari
The cow rearer who lied his way into aso rock
He had no money to buy ordinary form
But his kids all schooled abroad

He told the world that his people are corrupt
He also made it clear that those regions that gave him 5% should not expect the same treatment as those regions that gave him 97%

It is on record that buhari is the only president on earth who has spent more time away from his country while in office

This man came to enrich himself and gallivant around the globe
Since he came to office... The herdsmen who he doubles as their grand patron has been on a killing spree
And nothing happens

Buhari is a plague on Nigerians

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:12pm On Dec 14, 2017
viviangist:
Muhammadu Buhari
This man be like vacuum flask, very empty angry sad

9 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by ogadosu(m): 10:22pm On Dec 14, 2017
Umar Musa yara'adua
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by verygudbadguy(m): 10:24pm On Dec 14, 2017
Who is awake and who is ready for some intellectual debate?
Tribalists and bigots shot stay clear!

My best President has to be Yaradua. He had the intention of fixing Nigeria. He did so much in his short time with us including;
Amnesty for the Kidnappers and agitators in ND.
He declared his asset openly.
The economy was quite stable during his time and that was because oil was selling at a century-high of 147usd per barrel.
He was fortunate in terms of revenue. He grew out external reserve to 62billion USD. We would have had more to write about lest for the untimely death that took the meek but devoted man away from us. He

Next on my list is Obasanjo. He met a meagre 3billion USD in our reserve and he grew it to 43billion USD in 8 years. He had a very viable economic team led by NOI and Soludo. He was able to travel all around the world due to his physical fitness and health status despite being in his 60s. He, along side his team were able to pay off some of our huge external debts while others were forgiven. He, however failed in the aspect of power generation after spending a whopping 16billion USD. It was rumoured that his vice, Atiku Abubakar diverted the funds. He also failed to embark on capital projects in the south but did excellently well in the North. He tried to elongate his tenure by trying to bribe his way through the National Assembly or so it was rumoured.

The last two on my list are Buhari and Jonathan respectively.

I need someone to argue with me intelligently on the first two. I am feeling sleepy already. Someone should knock me with superior argument biko.

Modified: I just received a slight knock from Anonimi. Let me write about Buhari.
I will start by saying he is a tough person. I remembered that he jailed Fela for bringing in more than 10,000 USD in the 80s. He is a disciplinarian. He divorced his first wife because he was lobbied for help from a perceived enemy, IBB. He was a man of his words. A man of integrity.
His encounter with Dora Akunyili and her display of honesty in the 90s during her health challenge led to her recommendation during the OBJ tenure.
He was massively voted in 2015 not because he was the best the nation could offer but because we had experienced a super kind of thievery. We needed a corrupt free person to take over.
His achievements so far are as follows;
He has been able to manage the economy despite the low revenue since crude oil was selling below 30usd per barrel.
His administration indicted bigwigs like Bukola Saraki, a member of his party. He has recovered some of the looted funds of the last administration.
He has been able to bring to the minimal, attacks in the northeast.
Some of his deficiency however are;
He is old and tired.
It took him six months to put his cabinet together.
He is surrounded by some family and friends who are widely referred to as the Cabal and they seem to have hijacked his government.
He is about losing his major side of attraction as the war against corruption remains inconclusive.
He also has not been able to address the issue of Fulani herdsmen.
His appointments are seen to be lopsided painting him as a bigot and an fake democrat.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by raker300: 10:25pm On Dec 14, 2017
Only people in BMC will like Buhari..trust me on this

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by Flexherbal(m): 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2017
aybabz101:
umaru musa yaradua

- low pump price
- stable economy
corruption obasanjo
- died may 5, 2010

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by Evablizin(f): 10:40pm On Dec 14, 2017
shocked

Buhari the master of bad,badder,badest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by bedspread: 10:49pm On Dec 14, 2017
GEJ
YARADUA
PMB
OBJ

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by meccuno: 10:56pm On Dec 14, 2017
OBJ
GEJ
YARADUA
PMB

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 14, 2017
aybabz101:
umaru musa yaradua

- low pump price
- stable economy
corruption obasanjo
- died may 5, 2010
Agreed.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by anonimi: 11:11pm On Dec 14, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Next on my list is Obasanjo. He met a meagre 3billion USD in our reserve and he grew it to 43billion USD in 8 years. He had a very viable economic team led by NOI and Soludo. He was able to travel all around the world due to his physical fitness and health status despite being in his 60s. He, along side his team were able to pay off some of our huge external debts while others were forgiven. He, however failed in the aspect of power generation after spending a whopping 16billion USD. It was rumoured that his vice, Atiku Abubakar diverted the funds. He also failed to embark on capital projects in the south but did excellently well in the North. He tried to elongate his tenure by trying to bribe his way through the National Assembly or so it was rumoured.

All the bad things done by Ebola Owu are rumoured.
The good things are not rumoured.
Did you ask for intelligent discussion
Rumoured ko. Rumours ni.

...F A C T.. C H E C K ...

'Obasanjo and Atiku in 8 years built one UNIVERSITY each for themselves....Bells and ABTI.
They built NONE for Nigerians.

Jonathan and Sambo in 4 years built 14 (FOURTEEN) new universities for all Nigerians.
NONE for themselves.

NOTE: OBJ and ATIKU are now consultants/sponsors/piloters/members of APC....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2023224_106334837960003637540871239247822158463153o_jpega322806fc65b78cc91e1dd619380fecb

Sourced from: https://www.nairaland.com/2146237/why...ive/4#30711260

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2467944_obasanjotransparencyrating2004_jpegf577f3dadf99ddddb409ec370bb5548d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2608719_transparencyintl_corruptionimprove2014_jpegd841e1e015b6b1cdf5ddd85e12d9bfb5

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by kb83(m): 11:15pm On Dec 14, 2017
all bunch of bad leaders I vote noone

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by anonimi: 11:21pm On Dec 14, 2017
aybabz101:
umaru musa yaradua

Do you hate Jonathan so much or did he take your girlfriend from you ni? grin
Yar'Adua was busy stealing money with the usual Fulani forex shortcircuiting and oil bloc allocation while CANCELLING ALL the legacy projects of Ebola Owu.
It was Jonathan who revived them, funded them and ensured their progress and completion, which even Femi Adesina has acknowledged.
The railways is a classical example.

Nigeria Halts China Railway Firm In Its Tracks
NOV 4, 2008

China's top railway builder has encountered a glitch in a lucrative project in Nigeria, jeopardizing a large portion of the firm's future profits and prompting analysts to wonder if a closer look at the risks of its aggressive African investment strategy is in order.

The Nigerian government has temporarily suspended China Railway Construction's $8.3 billion rail project linking Nigeria's north and south. The news sent China Railway Construction shares plunging 18.5%, to 7.99 Hong Kong dollars ($1.03), in Hong Kong, the steepest drop since its initial public offering in March.

Nigeria's Transportation Ministry wants to renegotiate contract terms for the rail link, set to span 1,315 kilometers (817.1 miles) between coastal Lagos and the northern city of Kano, China Railway Construction revealed in a statement filed to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange late Monday night. The government's action deals a big blow to the infrastructure firm, as the rail project represents fully 13.9% of the total value of all its contracts as of Sept. 30, according to the statement.

The Nigerian government's motives are likely both political and financial in nature, analysts say. A turnover of leaders has put major foreign contracts in the country under review and in limbo. Meanwhile, the drastic fall in oil prices has squeezed Nigeria's budget, limiting its ability to finance major infrastructure projects. The 17-month-old administration of President Umaru Yar'Adua has expressed skepticism about the terms for infrastructure and oil contracts negotiated by its predecessor and has called the 2006 contract with China Railway Construction "over inflated."

More from: https://www.forbes.com/2008/11/04/china-railway-nigeria-markets-equity-cx_twdd_1104markets03.html#31d604427f7f

nawtyme:
Previous Govts Initiated ‘Most Of The Things This Administration Is Doing’ – Adesina

A majority of the projects the Muhammadu Buhari administration is working on was inherited from previous administrations, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity has said.

Mr Femi Adesina said this when he appeared on Channels Television’s special Independence anniversary programme on Sunday.

“Most of the things this administration is doing – 60 to 70 percent of them – were initiated by previous governments,” he said.

“That shows you that in the past a government will come and say ‘this is not our project’ And it will discard what was being done and start fresh ones.”

As a result, Mr Adesina said there are many half and quarter-completed abandoned projects.
But rather than abandon the project, he explained that the current administration will complete it.

An example is the Abuja-Kaduna rail project which the Presidential aide said was up to maybe 60 to 70 percent complete when the last administration left.

“This administration came, completed it and inaugurated it. Then you will still find some people shouting, ‘they are claiming credit for what the past administration started,” he said.

“It shows there is a mentality in Nigeria that makes governments not want to complete what previous governments have started. But this administration is not going that way at all, it is just doing what needs to be done for the good of the country.”

Another example is the Mambilla power project, which has been in the works since 1972, but has now started taking shape under this administration.

In going about its activities, Mr Adesina said the Federal Government follows due process in the awarding of contracts, stressing that projects worth above N50m will require the permission of the Federal Executive Council before such a contract can be awarded.

“One thing this government does scrupulously is to follow due process in the award of all these contracts and projects.

“Anything that is above N50m must come to the Federal Executive Council. Before the FEC will endorse any project or contract, the Bureau of Public Procurement must have signed off on that project that it is worthy to be done and the projections are good, that this government does not joke about.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/10/01/previous-govts-initiated-most-of-the-things-this-administration-is-doing-adesina/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4022225_screenshot20160726161536_jpeg63d40531b88ca824e4286f1b8f4d2d51

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4022226_screenshot20160726161440_jpege6fdd2e102c541c3780a1cb89a56fca2

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 14, 2017
Yar'adua and GEJ

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by verygudbadguy(m): 11:26pm On Dec 14, 2017
anonimi:

All the bad things done by Ebola Owu are rumoured.
The good things are not rumoured.
Did you ask for intelligent discussion
Rumoured ko. Rumours ni.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2467944_obasanjotransparencyrating2004_jpegf577f3dadf99ddddb409ec370bb5548d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2608719_transparencyintl_corruptionimprove2014_jpegd841e1e015b6b1cdf5ddd85e12d9bfb5
Good stuff. Rumoured because I have no evidence he did. Rumoured because he denied it. Do you have any evidence he sponsored the 3rd term bid truly. You made good point about Goodluck and education. Need I clear you that Goodluck was an educational person, P.hd holder, former teacher, lecturer. His own policies and focus was on education. Obasanjo's tenure was more economic driven, anti- corruption crusade.

You have only made one valid point and that's about Goodluck educational reforms and introduction of universities. That should be one of the reasons you like Jonathan. But you have not countered my point as regards his Obasanjo's achievements.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by Newbiee: 11:31pm On Dec 14, 2017
No be for Nairaland with likes and shares nah, INEC go answer your question come 2019

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian President - 1999 To 2017 "SEE VOTES" by anonimi: 11:35pm On Dec 14, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Good stuff. Rumoured because I have no evidence he did. Rumoured because he denied it. Do you have any evidence he sponsored the 3rd term bid truly. Do you have any evidence that Atiku syphoned the 16b USD meant for power. You made good point about Goodluck and education. Need I clear you that Goodluck was an educational person, P. hd, former teacher, lecturer. His own policies and focus was on education. Obasanjo's tenure was m ore economy driven, anti- corruption crusade.

You have only made one valid point and that's about Goodluck educational reforms and introduction of universities. That should be one of the reasons you like Jonathan. But you have not countered my point as regards his Obasanjo's achievements.

I don't like to argue too much, so please pardon me upfront.
Ebola Owu is corruption personified. Take it or leave it.
Thanks.

Nigerian deals 'wasted billions
14 March 2008

Some $2.2bn-worth of Nigerian energy contracts were awarded without a bidding process by the former president and his energy minister, officials say.
One was to a company with less than $200 of base capital at the time, a witness told a parliamentary committee.

It is investigating why $16bn of investment in the energy sector during Olusegun Obasanjo's eight years in power failed to end power shortages.

More from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7296466.stm

Sirniyeh:
www.agendang.com/index.php/multimedia/photos/item/319-obasanjo-shared-74million-halliburton-bribe-okiro-panel-says-obj-also-pocketed-another-5-million-with-pdp-interim-panel-report-disappeared-in-aso-rock

http://saharareporters.com/2010/05/18obasanjo-
shared-74million-halliburton-bribe-okiro-panel-says-
%E2%80%A2-obj-also-pocketed-another

President Olusegun Obasanjo, who led Nigeria from 1999-2000, during which time he swore to fight corruption in the country, obtained considerable helpings of the infamous Haliburton bribe money, the Special Investigation Panel headed by Inspector-General of Police, Mike Okiro, has declared in an interim report.

President Olusegun Obasanjo, who led Nigeria from 1999-2000, during which time he swore to fight corruption in the country, obtained considerable helpings of the infamous Haliburton bribe money, the Special Investigation Panel headed by Inspector-General of Police, Mike Okiro, has declared in an interim report.

According to the document, which was submitted to *President Umaru Yar’Adua in May last year by Mr. Okiro, Obasanjo shared the sum of $74 million USD between 2000 and 2001 with his Vice-President, Atiku Abubakar, as well as Funsho Kupolokun and Gaius Obaseki, who were successive heads of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation during the government’s early years.

During that same time span, said the interim report, Obasanjo and the ruling party, the People’s Democratic Party, also pocketed $5m from the Halliburton slush funds. Other major beneficiaries included General Sani Abacha, got $40 million in 1994-95; Ibrahim Aliyu, $11.7million in 2001-2002; Former Minister, Dan Etete, $2.5 million 1996-1998; Abdulkadir Abacha, $1.8 in 1998; and M. G. Bakari, $3.1 million

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Nigeria So Different From South Africa? / Buhari's Aide, Bashir Ahmad Spotted With N1.3M Bag - Pic / Almajiri: Goodluck Jonathan Days Vs Buhari Days (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.