Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,430 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official (12770 Views)

Presidency Transmits Minimum Wage Bill To National Assembly / BREAKING: National Assembly Transmits Amended Electoral Bill To Buhari / Nigeria Transmits 5,222mw Electricity, Highest Ever – TCN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by deji17: 6:21am On Dec 15, 2017
Nigeria transmits 5,156MW electricity, highest ever – Official
December 14, 2017

The Transmission Company of Nigeria, TCN, on Thursday disclosed that it recorded new national peak electricity transmission capacity of 5,155.9 Mega Watt, MW, on December 8.
The Interim Managing Director of TCN, Usman Gur-Mohammed, made the disclosure at an interaction with journalists in Abuja.
Mr. Gur-Mohammed said the new record exceeded previous national peak record of 5,074.70 recorded on February 2.
He said the nation’s average peak load capacity at the beginning of the year was about 4,000 MW.
He added that the Transmission Rehabilitation and Expansion Programme (TREP) which sought to decentralise significant aspects of project implementation to regions was designed to further increase the national peak transmission capacity.
He said TREP had attracted financing for several projects from donor agencies, adding that the completion of the projects would result in expansion of the grid transmission capacity to at least 20,000MW in four years time.
He also revealed that TCN engineers had been involved in installation of transformers at substations in the country.
The TCN interim boss explained that installations were accomplished at less than 10 per cent of the cost hitherto paid to contractors over the years.
According to him, the company successfully installed 10 transformers in Bauchi, Funtua, Ejigbo, Ajah, Gombe, Aba, Umuahia, Auchi, Damboa and Zaria, saying that installations by TCN engineers saved several millions of Naira.

He also revealed that TCN had resolved several challenging and slow implementing contracts within the year.
The contracts, according to him, include the Kukwaba subsation, Katsina-Daura line, Yawuri-Kafanchan, Mbalano-Ohafia-Umuahia, Nnewi-Onitsha and Maiduguri substations.
He said the completion of some ongoing projects would add about 1,000MW transmission capacity to the grid before January 31, 2018.
Mr. Gur-Mohammed also said that within the year, TCN entered into collaboration with several partners to reposition the company for better service delivery.
According to him, some of the collaborations include the Agip and NNPC joint venture in respect of towers 94 and 98 on Okpai-Onitisha DC line.
He noted that TCN was also collaborating with government of Japan on development of capacitor banks in Apo and Keffi substations and rehabilitation of Apapa, Akangba, and Isolo substations.
He said discussions were ongoing with Japan Government to rehabilitate Ikeja West and Ota substations.
He added that the European Union (EU) had also pledged to provide 25 million Euros grant to support TCN on solar Independent Power Plant (IPP) evaluation.
(NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/252530-nigeria-transmits-5156mw-electricity-highest-ever-official.html

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by CLASSMAN: 6:26am On Dec 15, 2017
When i no get light

34 Likes

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 15, 2017
Good development, I pray they sustain it!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by raker300: 6:32am On Dec 15, 2017
Who ever typed this lie, e no go better for am

They only bring light here by 11pm till 1am

All of you wicked souls lying against the people..e no go better for una

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by ryd3(m): 6:33am On Dec 15, 2017
To start with, issues with energy in Nigeria has more to do with generation. With close to 190 million people, the 5000 megawatts is grossly insufficient. This means that we can only ration out energy in the country. USA, China and India with huge population have hundreds of thousands of megawatts produced, and even south africa with a population of less than 60 million generate close to 50, 000 megawatts. To understand this issue, just imagine using a petrol generator or better pass my neighbour to power a street. Fix the generation, fix the metering system, reduce bypass and we would all be better off for it

52 Likes

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 15, 2017
Ooshey!

Because he is named usman Gur no mean say we self go "Gur"
The way my gen dey sound now e wan give up the ghost.I don use am die.
By the way Gur means foolish

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by deji17: 6:47am On Dec 15, 2017
raker300:

What you want is bad news. So, any good news about this Govt or about Nigeria makes you sad.
You may not have light now, but this news shows that in a matter of months, your light situation should improve like some have improved and will keep improving. Do you know the difference between power generation, power transmission and power distribution? I don't think you do. Curse yourself from now till tomorrow, by the grace of God, it will not stop Nigeria from progressing

83 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by juman(m): 6:59am On Dec 15, 2017
Fake news.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by Caseless: 7:08am On Dec 15, 2017
Sai baba of the world! I will vote you again and again.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by Caseless: 7:14am On Dec 15, 2017
deji17:

What you want is bad news. So, any good news about this Govt or about Nigeria makes you sad.
You may not have light now, but this news shows that in a matter of months, your light situation should improve like some have improved and will keep improving. Do you know the difference between power generation, power transmission and power distribution? I don't think you do. Curse yourself from now till tomorrow, by the grace of God, it will not stop Nigeria from progressing
DON'T mind those scumbags.

Open another thread with the same content, put the title as, "5,156 MW, the lowest ever transmitted in our history and it's caused by Buhari", and you'd see them attacking Buhari without asking if it's fake or reading the report.

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:15am On Dec 15, 2017
Caseless:

Lol
Like you have an option
Number one resident zombie
Sai barber till infinity cheesy

God save your soul bro

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:18am On Dec 15, 2017
There is no power anywhere
They still cease the light as always
Apc should stop all these useless propaganda
You don't need to announce to us about any improvement since we are the ones consuming it

We will automatically know undecided
Stop the media propaganda

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by Caseless: 7:20am On Dec 15, 2017
ryd3:
To start with, issues with energy in Nigeria has more to do with generation. With close to 190 million people, the 5000 megawatts is grossly insufficient. This means that we can only ration out energy in the country. USA, China and India with huge population have hundreds of thousands of megawatts produced, and even south africa with a population of less than 60 million generate close to 50, 000 megawatts. To understand this issue, just imagine using a petrol generator or better pass my neighbour to power a street. Fix the generation, fix the metering system, reduce bypass and we would all be better off for it

We have problems with our transmission capacity too. We generate 7k MW, but transmit 5kMW, with 2k MW still left in the system.

7k is what we generate as a nation. So bad.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by xdos(m): 7:22am On Dec 15, 2017
And that was the reason I lost 5 light bulbs in one day.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by lorbah001(m): 7:22am On Dec 15, 2017
raker300:

5%,huh?

supply has significantly improve in my area
sorry bruh,

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by Caseless: 7:23am On Dec 15, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:
There is no power anywhere
They still cease the light as always
Apc should stop all these useless propaganda
You don't need to announce to us about any improvement since we are the ones consuming it

We will automatically know undecided
Stop the media propaganda
leave that corner where you stay and relocate to where you can enjoy light. You and your neighbors don't pay your bill on power, so the DISCO under which your "hideout" falls has forsaken you. Wake up!

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by xdos(m): 7:30am On Dec 15, 2017
We may not be generating enough but the problem isnt generation. Most of our power plants run below their capacities.
Our problem starts with evacuation and then Distribution is crazy. Trust me if the Govt gets Distribution/Evacuation right and are able to pay the Gencos for the energy they generate, we'll experience a power boom in this country.
Imagine borrowing money to buy gas, pay staff and all that and you generate 100% and you are only paid 20%
Of what you generated... The govt, Discos and Transmission needs to up their game.
ryd3:

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by MufasaRebirth: 7:36am On Dec 15, 2017
Caseless:
Like say e voters card undecided

Awon e—voters cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by dunkem21(m): 7:37am On Dec 15, 2017
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by SalamRushdie: 7:38am On Dec 15, 2017
Lies from the pits of hell once more ..If Nigeria is generating upto 4000 MWs i will know because I would see remarkable improvement in my supply but the opposite is the case ..I left home yesterday by 6.30 am and there was no electricity only to get home by 10 30 pm and still meet no electricity , i ask the security guard on duty if electricity had come on all day and he said it came just for 20 min.. to cut the story short I slept without PHCN supply and they just brought the light back now at 7.30 am this morning.. We all recall just 7 weeks ago Buhari claimed they were generating 7000 Mws and today they are saying 5000 is the highest they have attained ..believe this liars at your own peril.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 15, 2017
Highest what? I get 4 hours of power daily for the past month! Mstcheeeeeeeeew!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by SalamRushdie: 7:49am On Dec 15, 2017
xdos:
We may not be generating enough but the problem isnt generation. Most of our power plants run below their capacities.
Our problem starts with evacuation and then Distribution is crazy. Trust me if the Govt gets Distribution/Evacuation right and are able to pay the Gencos for the energy they generate, we'll experience a power boom in this country.
Imagine borrowing money to buy gas, pay staff and all that and you generate 100% and you are only paid 20%
Of what you generated... The govt, Discos and Transmission needs to up their game.

I hope you dont believe that evacuation inadequacy crap ? The truth remains that Discos reject electricity intentionally because they can sell darkness at same price and nothing will happen , EGBIN genco has been complaining that discos reject 70 percent of the electricity sent their way and the reason is simple , its because Discos prefer to trade darkness instead of light because its a miilion times more profitable.. they just take as little as they need to keep deceiving the customer to pay the estimated bills which ia actually a utility bill for darkness disguised a and electricity bill.. as long as 80 percent of customer remain without prepaid metering there is no hope for Nigerian electricity improvement .

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by Caseless: 8:08am On Dec 15, 2017
MufasaRebirth:

Like say e voters card undecided

Awon e—voters cheesy cheesy
I'm a real voter and I'll do that again for baba.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by Caseless: 8:11am On Dec 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I hope you dont believe that evacuation inadequacy crap ? The truth remains that Discos reject electricity intentionally because the can sell darkness at same price and nothing will happen , EGBIN genco has been complaining that discos reject 70 percent of the electricity sent their way and the reason is simple , its because Discos prefer to trade darknesa the light because it a miilion times more profitable.. they just take as littles as they need to keep deceiving the customer to pay the estimated bills which ia actually a utility bill for darkness disguised a and electricity bill.. as long as 80 percent of customer remain without prepaid metering there is no hope for Nigerian electricity improvement
well, you just made sense for the first time.

We should blame Buhari for the actions of the DISCOs?

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by Caseless: 8:11am On Dec 15, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:

Lol
Like you have an option
Number one resident zombie
Sai barber till infinity cheesy

God save your soul bro
amen! And you, too.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by xdos(m): 8:23am On Dec 15, 2017
Yea Sam... I am very much aware of the darkness been sold to the people by the DISCO. I am aware of the load rejections.
Infact the Gencos implemented the GridCode solution to eliminate grid instability caused by load rejections.
That was why I said the govt has to correct the inefficiency of the DISCOs/TCN
SalamRushdie:

I hope you dont believe that evacuation inadequacy crap ? The truth remains that Discos reject electricity intentionally because the can sell darkness at same price and nothing will happen , EGBIN genco has been complaining that discos reject 70 percent of the electricity sent their way and the reason is simple , its because Discos prefer to trade darknesa the light because it a miilion times more profitable.. they just take as littles as they need to keep deceiving the customer to pay the estimated bills which ia actually a utility bill for darkness disguised a and electricity bill.. as long as 80 percent of customer remain without prepaid metering there is no hope for Nigerian electricity improvement

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by omowolewa: 8:23am On Dec 15, 2017
If we can buy our phones independently of Network providers, we should be able to buy meters independently of Discos.

We still need to generate more sha

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by SalamRushdie: 8:26am On Dec 15, 2017
Caseless:
well, you just made sense for the first time.

We should blame Buhari for the actions of the DISCOs?

But a great visionary leader will see through their crap and set up policies to counter them like have stipulate a minimum load percentage the DISCOs must accept from the gencos or have their license revoked and laod factor for percentage of customers that must be metered... As long as Discos can sell darkness freely and easily they will never be motivated to sell actual electricity which is a lot less profitable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by Built2last: 8:44am On Dec 15, 2017
ok
Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by Secur: 8:44am On Dec 15, 2017
Ok
Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by Narldon: 8:44am On Dec 15, 2017
Disgrace!
Re: Nigeria Transmits 5,156MW Electricity, Highest Ever – Official by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 8:45am On Dec 15, 2017
the reverse is the case in my area.

2hrs in 24hrs

APC should show us the change not tell us the change.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akume’s Kinsmen Pledge Loyalty To Ortom / IPOB Does Not Speak For Igbos – Ohanaeze Replies Northern Groups / Tinubu: Hurdles Before A Kingmaker Eying The Throne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.