Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. (9633 Views)

Korede Bello Celebrtated His Birthday With Down-Syndrome Foundation Today (Pics) / REVEALED: The Beauty Secrets Of Nollywood Divas And Nigerian Beauty Queens / Greatest Divas Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by divaplanet: 2:08pm On Apr 01, 2010
Has anyone noticed the ever increasing size of some of our female celebs. Are they all gettin fat or what?why can't our divas stay trim like most of their hollywood counterparts.Is it that they love food more than their blessed careers.Not like being phat means being ugly or anytin but a large body mass don't fit everybody.e.g I look at waje and Kel and I weep.
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by candylips(m): 2:50pm On Apr 01, 2010
i taya for them o.
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by Kunbee: 10:53pm On Apr 01, 2010
^^are you slim undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 02, 2010
Atleast they have a healthy approach to their bodies rather than those plastic bimbos in Hollywood who are addicted to exercise, diet pills, not eating, throwing up their food, chain smoking(to curb appetite), the list is endless.
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by divaplanet: 10:17pm On Apr 03, 2010
@ebonyeyes. And I spose gluttony is the healthier way out bah?
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by divaplanet: 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2010
Me wey dey talk I'm a bit on the plump side sef but it's moderate and it suits my pear body shape.I'm not saying these our celebs should freeze up like bonga fish.i just sayin that most of dem lookd beta when they were slim.Some pple aren't just cut out for size 16 and that's the plane truth.
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by iice(f): 6:25am On Apr 04, 2010
It's the good life cheesy
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2010
It's very well in order. After all, 'orobo' is what most naija men prefer to lepa. Like the street saying goes "I no want do bone to bone". Since the standards for adjudging beauty differ in different societies, you don't expect us to copy the anorexic and disgustingly thin white freaks (like kate moss, eww, can't even get a hard on with that thing) in yankee and europe. Orobo is fine thanks. . . what wouldn't most naija men do to have a full-bodied cossy orjiakor, ini edo, mercy johnson, etc. etc. Orobo is preferable to most of us - as long as it's not the kind of orobolity that manifests in a pseudo-pregnancy. i.e those babes whose stomachs are bloated out of control mostly due to unrestrained gluttony; that is detestable beyond description.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by divaplanet: 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2010
In other words, some women look bootilicious when they add a lot of weight while a good number just turn out 'potbelliedliculous'.For instance: kel lookd hotter to me when she had less weight.Mona lisa chinda as well.
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by eros(m): 12:25am On Apr 05, 2010
Nice observation poster. It seems to me once these girls hit it big and have a few milli in their bank account, the next thing they do is go on an eating spree. Very disgusting.
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by candylips(m): 11:43am On Apr 06, 2010
Kunbee:

^^are you slim undecided undecided

kwestion
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by 4peace(m): 12:15pm On Apr 06, 2010
orobo is ok
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by omar22(m): 12:47pm On Apr 06, 2010
Atleast they have a healthy approach to their bodies rather than those plastic bimbos in Hollywood who are addicted to exercise, diet pills, not eating, throwing up their food, chain smoking(to curb appetite), the list is endless.

And whats healthy in piling on timber and excess fat!!!
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by omar22(m): 12:50pm On Apr 06, 2010
'orobo' is what most naija men prefer to lepa

Since when?

This is not the 80's

Its like asking me to swap Halle Berry for Madam Kofo?
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by Niifes: 1:05am On Apr 09, 2010
orobo wil mak u com4table than slim even though i prefer moderate is d best
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by chic2pimp(m): 10:00pm On Apr 13, 2010
omar22:

Since when?

This is not the 80's

Its like asking me to swap Halle Berry for Madam Kofo?
Hehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by bawomolo(m): 3:40pm On Apr 14, 2010
Niifes:

orobo wil mak u com4table than slim even though i prefer moderate is d best

com4table as what? furniture?
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by chic2pimp(m): 3:54pm On Apr 14, 2010
^^^^ Hehehe grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by omar22(m): 4:07pm On Apr 14, 2010
An Orobo lady cannot give you the "full monty" in the bed room

But a lepa lady could terrorise you or vanderlise you in the bedroom,
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by bkbabe97: 12:12pm On Apr 16, 2010
The good life'll give u a belly but thats cool!!!
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by princekevo(m): 12:15pm On Apr 16, 2010
@poster
You should have started by posting your own full picture lets see how slim you are.
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by DrKnow1(m): 12:17pm On Apr 16, 2010
Do you understand what it is to be a 'Thick Madam'? That's what they preferred to be; and they love being called that. Ignorant silly blobies

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by eldee(m): 12:19pm On Apr 16, 2010
I don't know why the gym culture is still far from Nigeria.
If we're going to pay to watch your poor acting on TV, the least you can do is at least look good.

It's this kind of B.S that makes people script movies like PHAT GIRLS. grin grin

And yeah, big boobs don't count if you're fat, idiot. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by MONAGHAN: 12:46pm On Apr 16, 2010
cool grin shocked smiley
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by byns: 12:53pm On Apr 16, 2010
kel -orobo to bad o grin
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by kadman(m): 12:54pm On Apr 16, 2010
eldee:

I don't know why the gym culture is still far from Nigeria.
If we're going to pay to watch your poor acting on TV, the least you can do is at least look good.

It's this kind of B.S that makes people script movies like PHAT GIRLS. grin grin

And yeah, big bosoms don't count if you're fat, idiot. grin grin

This summarizes the whole thread. With all the mediocre /no talent at least look good / hot for petes sake .
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by Ajike: 1:05pm On Apr 16, 2010
pictures plss
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by bigben3: 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2010
i like them moderate,not orobo and definetly not the skinny bonny thing grin
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by GNBohr: 1:17pm On Apr 16, 2010
Topic, opinions, comments and reactions very subjective.

You dont have to be stereotypical about your ideas on size. All those white lepas you people prefer are nothing but plastic having undergone sundry and several plastic surgeries to display plastic eye lids, noses, lips, cheeks, breast, hips, tummies, fannies, legs, hands, teeths, and so on and so forth.

Nothing is natural about such beauties. You people are not really appreciative of natural beauty. Though am not subscribing to the idea of blowing out of proportion but if you dont know that it is the nature of blackwoman to grow body size, then you ought not come as a black human being.

The same affliction that drove Michael Jackson into a gory sight before his death by trying yo change his black nature is most possibly afflicting you all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 16, 2010
the divas are entertainers

like it or not, in the showbiz industry, you are expected to be in shape

if they can't do that , they should feel free to opt for less demanding careers
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:33pm On Apr 16, 2010
mona-lisa chinda was one Nolly Chic I'd kill to be with until now, gaddem! she fatter than Usifo's nose on cheese grin
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by rickie4us(m): 1:34pm On Apr 16, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

GBAM

ebonyeyes, thank you for saying the truth ,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Check Out Ten Famous Celebrity Gay Couples / Photos: See How This Girl Exposed Her Nake D Online / NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.