Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,359 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. (9644 Views)

Korede Bello Celebrtated His Birthday With Down-Syndrome Foundation Today (Pics) / REVEALED: The Beauty Secrets Of Nollywood Divas And Nigerian Beauty Queens / Greatest Divas Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by paddyman(m): 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2010
@GNBohr you mean michelle obama must have done plastic surgery, drugs and so on to maintain her shape and biceps after two kids.
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by skiido: 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2010
In as much as am not trying to defend anybody, we should note that Africans women are generally big. This is due to no fault of there's.  It will take the African woman 4or 5 times the effort of an European woman to loose weight.
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by elaojukan: 1:42pm On Apr 16, 2010
The question is how much are they making for them to maintain their figure. Even if they dont go through any artificial means, Gym, exercises etc doesnt come cheap either
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by omar22(m): 2:25pm On Apr 16, 2010
we should note that Africans women are generally big.

This was due to unhealhty eating (rice N100, meat N1000)

Thats why we have the shortest life span inn the world
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by semid4lyfe(m): 2:44pm On Apr 16, 2010
Hmmmm. . . thought I was the only one who noticed this orobo syndrome grin undecided
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by GNBohr: 2:54pm On Apr 16, 2010
@paddyman. Do you know her personally, it is very possible. The beauty of the women of the countires of the west can not be trusted through seeing them on videos and photos.
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by TYlicious(f): 5:31pm On Apr 16, 2010
do dey av 2 be all skinny and bonny like anorexia patients?nay,'orobo' =bold&beautiful.

end of discussion angry
ps:i'm not fat,but i appreciate fleshy gurls dat make sense and av style e.g kel, dat gurl set!
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by douxange(f): 5:43pm On Apr 16, 2010
Ladies please lets be realistic. The same way we do not want a heavy duty falling, pot bellied, saggy man-b0obed kind of guy is the same way no man wants a pot bellied, bigger than life, padded pillars kind of woman.

It takes time and a hell of a lot of DISCIPLINE to lose weight (or maintain a figure).  Sadly, the average Nigerian woman would rather you "love me for who I am".  grin

I know race is not a factor in weight loss/watching.  How do I know? Try running 20+ miles a week, add some other cardio, etc, etc. Then come and bleat "I'm fat 'cos I'm black", If you can.
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by bawomolo(m): 6:15pm On Apr 16, 2010
we should note that Africans women are generally big.

ha excuses here i come
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by Davedavy: 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2010
douxange:

Ladies please lets be realistic. The same way we do not want a heavy duty falling, pot bellied, saggy man-b0obed kind of guy is the same way no man wants a pot bellied, bigger than life, padded pillars kind of woman.

It takes time and a hell of a lot of DISCIPLINE to lose weight (or maintain a figure).  Sadly, the average Nigerian woman would rather you "love me for who I am".  grin

I know race is not a factor in weight loss/watching.  How do I know? Try running 20+ miles a week, add some other cardio, etc, etc. Then come and bleat "I'm fat 'cos I'm black",  If you can.

True yarn,tell them.
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by pheonixChi(f): 6:25pm On Apr 16, 2010
All thei weight fixations, Naija must copy all things oyinbo. why? its ok to be thin its ok to be chunky the key is just be healthy. If you got a good weight for your height great being too fat(morbid obesity) is a killer. Being too skinny(anorexic) is a killer,ah! abeg there is nothing like a curvy african woman i.e mercy johnson
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by JoeGaruba: 7:08pm On Apr 16, 2010
Genetics and limited cuisine also works against us in Black Africa. Starch! Starch!! Starch!!! On the other hand oyinbo get flenty flenty choices and they do count their calories well. I remember a family friend from America almost fainted when she saw me eating fufu for breakfast before leaving for school.

Someone said once the $$$ hits the account they don't care. True. Complacency is the word. Its not just the stars. Mary a lepa now and after a kid or two , Monique will be her twin.

Me I cant shout sha, its good to have some meat aka love handles. Abi? The most important thing is if your LDL and HDL levels are right. A few mid sized peeps I know have higher cholesterol levels than other bigger sized ones. Thats why some will suddenly drop dead and we resort to fallacy of false cause that it must be winch grin
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by paddyman(m): 8:12pm On Apr 16, 2010
Orobos used to be very desirable to the african men, remember the calabar fattening rooms.  But the present fast paced age maybe telling on the fatties. Check out Orobo on Okada, taking up all the space in danfo and sqeezing the hell out of the lepas. Engaging in the fast paced Lagos life or academic life could be very stressful for orobos. Times are changing for the african women.
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by Rmc1(m): 11:03pm On Apr 16, 2010
Na poundy and egusi with asorted meat dey cause am

(Belch, burp)
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by haronky7: 1:08am On Apr 17, 2010
Never a dull moment on NL, walahi!
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by Ifebazz(m): 1:39am On Apr 17, 2010
Dat's why guys in home vids don't dare 'lift' dem gals on set.
Dem wan die?
See some 'michelin' bellies & extended irritating stretch marks dat comes wit de phat hmmn, especially if dem com tone. Ahw nyama nyama,
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by chelseabmw(m): 1:54am On Apr 17, 2010
I hate discussing girls issue
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by Ifebazz(m): 3:22am On Apr 17, 2010
chelseabmw:

I hate discussing girls issue
U're not gay sha?
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by Nobody: 5:18am On Apr 17, 2010
Can you blame them?
Some ppl still walk around feeling funky because of the old age assumptions that Nigerian men loff having hippos follow them around.

And of course lack of want to lost the back and front. . . . who does?
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by iice(f): 8:15am On Apr 17, 2010
FL Gators:

Can you blame them?
Some ppl still walk around feeling funky because of the old age assumptions that Nigerian men loff having hippos follow them around.

And of course lack of want to lost the back and front. . . . who does?

rofl
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by samnaija: 10:36am On Apr 17, 2010
GNBohr:

Topic, opinions, comments and reactions very subjective.

You dont have to be stereotypical about your ideas on size. All those white lepas you people prefer are nothing but plastic having undergone sundry and several plastic surgeries to display plastic eye lids, noses, lips, cheeks, bosom, hips, tummies, fannies, legs, hands, teeths, and so on and so forth.

Nothing is natural about such beauties. You people are not really appreciative of natural beauty. Though am not subscribing to the idea of blowing out of proportion but if you dont know that it is the nature of blackwoman to grow body size, then you ought not come as a black human being.

The same affliction that drove Michael Jackson into a gory sight before his death by trying yo change his black nature is most possibly afflicting you all.

give me a break , who told you , it is every black woman nature to grow big. stop that, if you are personally very lazzy about taking good care of your self dont drag everyone with you. there is no law or theories that states that all black women must grow big. oyibos have orobos to and plenty,its just their media does not display them.
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by omar22(m): 11:01am On Apr 17, 2010
if you dont know that it is the nature of blackwoman to grow body size, then you ought not come as a black human being.

Never read so much clap trap in my life,  do you tend to wonder why the average life span of Nigerians are in the 50's  and the Chinese has a life span of over 90 years,

we eat all the fatty stuff without thinking of its impact, egusi, efo, ogbono are all fat based food, I have an uncle in Nigeria who has passed away, when his wife prepares his food, its like they killed a goat split it into 4 and cook one portion for him to eat in the day, Taxi drivers eat there food with 10 to 15 different meat, does it occur to people that red meat is not healthy (beef) and the skin of the chicken is fat,
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by Ifebazz(m): 11:49am On Apr 17, 2010
omar22:

Never read so much clap trap in my life, do you yend to wonder why the average life span of Nigerians are in the 50's and the Chinese has a life span of over 90 years,

we eat all the fatty stuff without thinking of its impact, egusi, efo, ogbono are all fat based food, I have an uncle in Nigeria who has passed away, when his wife prepares his food, its like they killed a goat split it into 4 and cook one portion for him to eat in the day, Taxi drivers eat there food with 10 to 15 different meat, does it occur to people that red meat is not healthy (beef) and the skin of the chicken is fat,
Hlp tell em my bro. If u see our ladies flocking in fast food cafe u'd tink dat if u don't go u don't moni & not living well.
A gal, trim after leavin sch turns a bag of horror in less than 1 yr all in de name of 'big babes'.
Always eatin like 3 times in btw meals, stoppin only to talk! Gosh.
Fatz & uglyyyyyyyy most of em.
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by kadman(m): 4:06pm On Apr 17, 2010
The fact is most Nigerian ladies based in Nigeria do not take care of themselves, nowadays guys take better girls of themselves than women,  All my years in Nigerian gyms it's men i see not women, look at people jogging on the street it's men not women.
There is no theory about Africans being heavier it's what we eat. . so we have to go the extra mile. We use Palm oil to cook, do you know how many calories are in one table spone 140 ! And to make a soup we use heaps and heaps without even measuring. Now I think about what I used to eat back then I'm scared.

Whoever says eating healthy and staying in shape is Western way of life,no problem I hear you I would rather be a Western wanna be and live long !
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by wazobiang: 10:37pm On Apr 17, 2010
OK, my children. I will scatter my thinking upon you now whether you like it or not. Get your umbrellas all you that believe that being fat and acting the part of secondary school children is OK. All these orobo's are robbing young and up coming girls an opportunity to cut their teeth on the acting arena. I don't have a quarrel with somebody being big, fat, oboish, whatever, but we should remember that we just picked the camera and the stage is still new to us. Oyibo flew into the jet age acting. They know the terrain of acting. My belief is, if you are old and fat, act the part of old and fat not the part of sweet sixteens. I love orobo's anyway, but man, not on my wide screen and acting the part of a 20 year old who we know so well what they look like.
It makes the whole story so unreal. Even if they deny the truth, they should wait time, which has been around before all of us were born, will prove them wrong and the people that once yearned for the wave them aside in disgust.

Orobo's should act the part of _THICK_ madams. Period.
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by Oospi(m): 6:29pm On Apr 18, 2010
Guys cant deny that we all like 'meaty' women, to keep our hands full in bed
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by sevule(m): 8:51pm On Apr 18, 2010
The reason so many Nigerian "divas" are blowing up can be summed up in one statement - A LOT OF NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE LAZY!!!!! Yep I said it, u can blow my head of for that. But hey have u noticed that once our female celebs hit a few mill they just start bloating up? case in point, the chic that acted Jennifer, I no believe my eye when I see am, she don dey resemble my mama and d babe never reach 30!!! And dont give me that crap about Africans being disposed to fat cos it ain't true. The truth is our women are simply too LAZY to exercise,watch what they eat or even go to the gym. And we start beefing American celebs that actually take great care of their bodies through regular exercise and healthy diets. Truth is to maintain one's shape takes discipline which a lot of Naija women lack. However here are some Naija celebs that make a CONSCIOUS effort to maintain their shape i.e Genevieve (the babe dey do exercise no be small). D other day I saw one of my female friends I havent seen in ages in less than 8 months the babe don turn from fine lepa to orobo. And the silly girl actually felt it was a sign of good living. Babes abeg if u blow up now what happens by the time you have like 2/3 children? Then u would start complaining that your husbands are chasing young chics outside when u are too lazy to take care of your God given assets.
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by ayettymama(f): 10:37pm On Apr 18, 2010
@post because whether or not they are fat they still get work

let jennifer aniston try and put on 5pounds

she will neva get work again

same for even eva longoria

because white people only like thin thin, the actually wont take to a movie with fat white people in it

unless its part of the tale!

even tho we africans are beggining to take to it too- were not at that level yet

i still think most nigerian actresses are very beautiful

whether or not the woman is fat doesnt change th emovie stryline
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by Theblessed(f): 12:16am On Apr 19, 2010
[b]Hey, tell the sisters and some brothers we worry about their hearts! The rate at which saturated fats i.e Butter, Mayonnaise, Goat meats etc (yum, yum!!! grin grin grin) they eat each day are increasing the cholesterol levels in their blood is worrying therefore need serious investigation, should we so remind them. 

And, how about exercise? It's a fact, we Africans are not champions for regular exercise/gym visits, are we? And how much does our culture enable us understand what a healthy lifestyle, is? If only these guys would heed to reason and do something instead of believing the myth some ignorants spew out on here about our genetic properties as Africans then, they'd be happy they listened.

Being Africans is not a passport to let yourself go!! Africans are not created to be fat rather we encourage fatness in our culture via the calories/quantity we consume without any form of exercises. After all, are we the only fat people in the world with such claimed inherited genes? 

Then if you doubt, I challenge you to go and live in Sudan or Ethiopia for one month you would realise the difference.

Again, to be fat is unhealthy therefore, encourage these guys to do something now before its too late else, I'm sorry! cry cry cry cry cry  
[/b]
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by Theblessed(f): 12:51am On Apr 19, 2010
oyb:

the divas are entertainers

like it or not, in the showbiz industry, you are expected to be in shape

if they can't do that , they should feel free to opt for less demanding careers

Guy, don't worry! The Divas are not to blame. It's the guys hiring them. 

They like fat a-se women that's why?  Otherwise, these girls would have been off 'Showbiz shelf' and out of

business long time and probably understand what we mean about being in 'Showbiz'.  No worries, they'd

learn soon!
Re: Nigerian Divas And The 'orobo' Syndrome. by ayettymama(f): 12:52am On Apr 19, 2010
@the blessed lol

its funny- people dont have any understanding whatsoever abt science

they just take what they are told

i begin by asking how many peopl unno with bad hearts??- how fat are/were they??

how many people do unno have died by high cholesterol levels??

so how exactly can we judge health by weight when we havent actually witnessed anyone killed by it??

how many fat people do unno?? how many of them have debilitating diseases??

how many people do unno with diseases?? are they all fat??

im not saying we shouldnt take what were told serious but when these studies are put in place

no1 they arent for black people (they couldnt care less abt you)

and no2 we actually do have diff bone/muscle mass densities, higher average metabolic rates

and back in africa thier are factors like sun, active lifestyles, and outside activities

in western countries they dont have that- thats why we have gyms because people dont walk miles in the sun

our food is not healthy for white people- but its healthy for our people

esp with the amt of work/stress the average nigerian will go thru daily

what is in sudan or ethiopia??- do unno what they eat??

no- being fat is not unhealthy, its just unpleasant to most- thats why they started making the studies in the first place

if in doubt pls give me all the info of people unno that have died in the past 5 yrs and how fat they were??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More / South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions / Zubby Micheal's Wife Disgraces Him In Public, See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.