Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

INEC Fires Staff For Registering Gov Bello Twice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Fires Staff For Registering Gov Bello Twice (339 Views)

2019: You Can Not Tell Us How To Conduct Elections – INEC Fires Back At PDP Over / APC Has No Candidate In Zamfara – INEC Fires Back At Oshiomhole / INEC Fires At Nnamdi Kanu, Says Anambra Election Will Be Best Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Fires Staff For Registering Gov Bello Twice by binsanni(m): 3:14pm On Dec 15, 2017
The Independent National Electoral Commission INEC has dismissed two of its staff and compulsorily retired another Electoral Officer for allegedly engaging themselves in the double registration of Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello.

Mrs. May Agbmuche-Mbu, the National Commissioner and Member,Information and Voter Education Committee in a statement said the action of the commission was based on the recommendations by a panel of investigation set up by the commission.

"The initial report submitted by the panel was referred to the Appointment, Promotion and Disciplinary Committee, which made recommendations to the Commission," she said.

"While the Governor of Kogi State currently enjoys immunity from prosecution, the Commission took the following decisions in respect of its own staff:

"Summary dismissal of two staff for act of misconduct, and immediate and compulsory retirement of an Electoral Officer for act of gross misconduct."

It would be recalled that INEC had on May 25th via a statement issued by one of its National Commissioners and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee (IVEC), Mr Solomon Soyebi, alleged that Bello registered twice as a voter.

Reacting however, Bello said he was shocked after seeing the report in the media, saying that “I travelled on May 19th to Dubai for a brief break and I saw the press release and I was taken aback that I did a double registration on the 23rd, probably it is my ghost that must have done the double registration."

Re: INEC Fires Staff For Registering Gov Bello Twice by 48noble(m): 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2017
lobish
Re: INEC Fires Staff For Registering Gov Bello Twice by ClitoPen: 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
And the Gov registered twice, was he not the person that presented twice for registration? Was he in a trance or did someone impersonate him?
Ayam not understanding

They shouldn't be sacked for what is no fault of theirs. Abeg INEC, tell us the real reason for their being fired cos there's more to it...
Re: INEC Fires Staff For Registering Gov Bello Twice by femolacqua(m): 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
Which one do you want us to believe now?

(1) (Reply)

Level Of Fuel Scarcity In Plateau State / Nigerians Demand For Fuel As A Christmas Gift / Niger Gets 14 New Commissioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.