Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,405 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) (85673 Views)

Lady In Hijab Spotted Riding Keke Napep (Photos) / Amasa Firdausa Finally Called To Bar In Hijab By Nigerian Law School. Photos / Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by CastedDude: 5:54pm On Dec 15, 2017
See Photo Of Daughter Of NBA President Being Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab

The President of the Nigerian Bar Association, Mr. A.B. Mahmoud (SAN), has shared a picture of his daughter, Zubaida Mahmoud, covered in Hijab at the ceremony admitting her to the New York Bar earlier this year...

The NBA president shared the photo following the trending controversy after a student of the Nigerian Law from the University of Ilorin by name Amasa Firdaus was not called to the Nigerian bar by the Body of Benchers on the 12th day of December, 2017 over refusal to remove her hijab before entering the International Conference Centre...

Amasa Firdaus had insisted on wearing her wig on top of her Hijab as she was already dressed in her new gown.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/12/zubaida-mahmoud-being-admitted-to-new-york-bar-covered-in-hijab.html

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by CastedDude: 5:55pm On Dec 15, 2017
cc; lalasticlala

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by PheezyLee(m): 5:59pm On Dec 15, 2017

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by mgbadike81: 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2017
lawyers in the USA doesn't wear the wig and gown,they don't even have a specific dress code because I have seen American lawyers appear in court dressed in blue suits.I want to see lawyers in Britain and other secular Commonwealth countries with a similar dress code with Nigeria admit a female lawyer wearing a hijab then I would take this serious.

294 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by bigtt76(f): 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2017
Don't mind those people complaining. The girl's photo doesn't even show that a ceremony was taking place at that particular moment the photograph was taken naaa angry

mgbadike81:
lawyers in the USA doesn't wear the wig and gown,they don't even have a specific dress code because I have seen American lawyers appear in court dressed in blue suits.I want to see lawyers in Britain and other secular Commonwealth countries with a similar dress code with Nigeria admit a female lawyer wearing a hijab then I would take this serious.

186 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by zionmde: 6:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
Rubbish
U spend 6yrs studying Nigeria law only to decide to disobey the law at the end. If the Nigerian law profession is not good for their kind of Islam, why study it?
Islam permits beating of someone's wife, so assuming this girl becomes a judge and the issue of assault is brought to her by a hajiya, she will place the tenets of Quran above the law.

She is better off studying Islamic studies. Secular law is a haram, as long as the quran is not the Constitution, rather the Constitution was coined by unbelievers, then she has no business with it. She should have concentrated on becoming a sharia lawyer.

HYPOCRITES

611 Likes 62 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by biazarre(m): 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2017
CastedDude:
cc; lalasticlala
. @poster can't u see dis her appearance is ridiculous..? she looks ugly wit dis combination...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Origin(f): 6:25pm On Dec 15, 2017
mgbadike81:

Apparently Nigeria's sovereignty is based on the commonwealth. Talk another thing I beg.

Even if you see evidence of a British hijabi being called to the bar, you will still disagree based on bias.

The similitude of this is:

Why is Nelson Mandela fighting when his people have been enslaved for centuries. Failing to call that lady to the bar is UNJUST.

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by biazarre(m): 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2017
Origin:

Apparently Nigeria's sovereignty is based on the commonwealth. Talk another thing I beg.

Even if you see evidence of a British hijabi being called to the bar, you will still disagree based on bias.

Why is Nelson Mandela fighting when his people have been enslaved for centuries. Failing to call that lady to the bar is UNJUST.
unjust in wat sense? please define unjust..!
please try to understand English words b4 using them on public forum like this...

Nigerian n stupid religious believes...
and it has never stopped us from looting public fund...

233 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2017
Hijab Reloaded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by mgbadike81: 7:27pm On Dec 15, 2017
Origin:

the law must be upheld until we decide to change it. I just did a Google search and Americans surely don't have a dress code for lawyers, I also noticed from the picture that the lady was not even in the middle of a ceremony when she snapped that picture. Catholic nuns who are lawyers respect the legal dress code so while should Muslims raise dust over a dress code that they have been respecting even before independence? pointless religion in this country is a major cause of violence and backwardness.

239 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Riversides2003(m): 10:02pm On Dec 15, 2017
There are rules and regulations in every sane society and establishments,pls this shouldn’t be religionised, the way this country is going I fore see someday our Muslim brothers will clamour to play for the national team on jalamia and turbine.

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Built2last: 10:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
If your religious beliefs forbid you from dressing in a particular way that members of a professional group dress, then it is first of all sinful for you to decide to belong to that profession in disregard to your religion and hope that they will change their standard of dressing to accommodate you. This is what we should be talking about, not about whether or not decision of Body of Benchers was right or wrong.

See your President's daughter last year when she was called to bar.

I have been to Turkey, a country that is 90% Muslim and and they hadly wear hijab. Are they going to hell by Naija Muslims standard.

189 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Ishilove: 10:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
Some people are brainless. What is wrong with the Hijab?

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Wizberg12(m): 10:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
lovely
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by lilmax(m): 10:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
so wtf is she doing in Nigeria?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by bughead: 10:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
CastedDude:
See Photo Of Daughter Of NBA President Being Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab

The President of the Nigerian Bar Association, Mr. A.B. Mahmoud (SAN), has shared a picture of his daughter, Zubaida Mahmoud, covered in Hijab at the ceremony admitting her to the New York Bar earlier this year...

The NBA president shared the photo following the trending controversy after a student of the Nigerian Law from the University of Ilorin by name Amasa Firdaus was not called to the Nigerian bar by the Body of Benchers on the 12th day of December, 2017 over refusal to remove her hijab before entering the International Conference Centre...

Amasa Firdaus had insisted on wearing her wig on top of her Hijab as she was already dressed in her new gown.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/12/zubaida-mahmoud-being-admitted-to-new-york-bar-covered-in-hijab.html
called to bomb!

6 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 15, 2017
mgbadike81:
GBAM

11 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by designVATExcel: 10:04pm On Dec 15, 2017
Honestly the matter tire me.
To me there's no religious bearing sef.
Rules are Rules.

If she's at the airport and the security asks her to remove it before being scanned, she no go comply.

Deeper life no dey wear trousers for Nysc. Give to Caesar what is fvcking Ceasars mehn.
An event of less than 60 Seconds will not kill you.

Anyways my opinion sha.
Atleast we can comment on this topic....

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Monzuur(m): 10:04pm On Dec 15, 2017
Z
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by goldedprince: 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2017
These aboki people think say we stupid. Idiot, show me a pic of her graduating with other students and only she wearing hijab in a FULLLLLLLLLLL GRADUATION CEREMONY

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by DMainMan: 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2017
nice
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 10:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
zionmde:
Rubbish
U spend 6yrs studying Nigeria law only to decide to disobey the law at the end. If the Nigerian law profession is not good for their kind of Islam, why study it?
Islam permits beating of someone's wife, so assuming this girl becomes a judge and the issue of assault is brought to her by a hajiya, she will place the tenets of Quran above the law.

She is better off studying Islamic studies. Secular law is a haram, as long as the quran is not the Constitution, rather the Constitution was coined by unbelievers, then she has no business with it. She should have concentrated on becoming a sharia lawyer.

HYPOCRITES
tongue

20 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Omotayor123(f): 10:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
I hope this religion issue.. will not bring Nigeria down one day.
Nigerians be carrying religious matter for head like iced water. smiley

The girl is obviously comfortable in her hijab, why not let her be
The hijab doesn't make her less of a lawyer.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by FisifunKododada: 10:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
shocked
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by FisifunKododada: 10:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
shocked shocked
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by ekems2017(f): 10:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
Pls was she the only Muslim lady that was call to bar that day?

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Inspire01: 10:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
The law comes first before any religion

18 Likes 2 Shares

shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 10:07pm On Dec 15, 2017
I hate islam

50 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home / See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.