Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) (85746 Views)

Lady In Hijab Spotted Riding Keke Napep (Photos) / Amasa Firdausa Finally Called To Bar In Hijab By Nigerian Law School. Photos / Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Arshavin02349(m): 11:21pm On Dec 15, 2017
Kerianejim:
She is protecting her modesty, pls. Call her to bar. Our colonial masters don't even behave like this. NBA what is it?
Oya go and call her to BAR... If u can't then SHUT UP your smelling gutter mouth

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by bigfish3k: 11:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
cajet:
She is not proud to be a lawyer otherwise she should have complied with all rules and regulation. Besides allowing her to wear the hijab will be setting of a precedence of which someone may wake up tomorrow and decide to wear agbada or shokoto to the same ceremony.

yes o ,
muslims want to stylishly change the law dress code

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by eliadekx(m): 11:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
shallysgirl:

Do you understand what uniform means?
Do you understand that there are rule which everyone must adhere to?
Its not about her comfort but the rule.
Comments like this is why nigeria and by extension africa is where it is today.smh

Don't mind him he's also another fool

How can u tel me u as a bar u don't fellow
The rules of your field what exactly did she
Think been a bar is all about for Christ/Allah sake
Is to teach people to do the right thing mean why
She's doing the wrong thing

The for even jail am add ontop for violating the rules& regulations of a powerful country as 9ja

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by bolar12(m): 11:24pm On Dec 15, 2017
Built2last:

You ended up saying nothing. Nigeria is a secular state with secular laws governing it. Try implementing Sharia and see the backlash. Always playing the victim. That's how Muslim all over England continuously try to tell English people how to live their life in their country
I Dont Knw If Ur Brain Is Positioned In Ur Buttocks Or Not....So There Are R No British Muslim Ba?
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by kingphoenix10: 11:26pm On Dec 15, 2017
you guys are just arguing over the wrong issue. The presido of NBA look the whole naija finish na newyork e send his child to. I don't know the law on dress code for lawyers but if there's one it shud be adhered to. If she feels she is being denied her rights she read law na to sue the people. Me wan graduate with choir uniform (seriously)

4 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 15, 2017
pweetiedee:

Why don't you go back to school?

Hahahahaha. The gbagaun is just too much

Hajia, go to school and stop advertising your high level of ignorance in a public forum.

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by ewizard1: 11:29pm On Dec 15, 2017
ekems2017:
Pls was she the only Muslim lady that was call to bar that day?
1million likes for this question!!!

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by lanreonplanet(m): 11:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
Deeper life sisters are allowed to wear trouser as the activities at the NYSC will exposed their sensitive parts more if they are on skirt according to the GS of the church
Back to hijab, every profession has its dress code, comply or move on to other profession

If she's at the airport and the security asks her to remove it before being scanned, she no go comply.

Deeper life no dey wear trousers for Nysc. Give to Caesar what is fvcking Ceasars mehn.
An event of less than 60 Seconds will not kill you.

Anyways my opinion sha.
Atleast we can comment on this topic....[/quote]
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by sanpipita(m): 11:35pm On Dec 15, 2017
delpee:
Didn't she know or understand the rules before going to Law School? She should have protested earlier to initiate a change in their rules if possible. She had a choice to keep to the standing rules or wait until they're changed. This is just unnecessary drama. So many Muslims have passed out of Law School without any issues.

I'm really tired, people really think law dress code will swiftly be changed at that point just cos of the lady? was she only Muslim there, if she had sense she would have first gotten her bar call then start advocacy to change the laws, that's how it done in civil climes, laws don't just change like that

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by kenex4ever(m): 11:40pm On Dec 15, 2017
biazarre:
unjust in wat sense? please define unjust..!
please try to understand English words b4 using them on public forum like this...

Nigerian n stupid religious believes...
and it has never stopped us from looting public fund...

if them place dat girl for juicy position na she go loot pass

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by adams123: 11:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
where will I start from now
In Nigeria, there is freedom of religion and in Islamic religion, it is compulsory on a matured girl to put on HIJAB.

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by JikanBaura(m): 11:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
Inspire01:
The law comes first before any religion

Islam comes first before anything. cool

The good women follow Allah's order unlick some Muslims women (like the buhari's daughter) who choose to disobey Allah by not covering their hair.

I respect this women and just wait, it won't take long she will be allowed to enter that fucking chamber with her hijab on. cool She's already a role model, Masha'Allah .

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by kenex4ever(m): 11:44pm On Dec 15, 2017
Standardcosting:
The foool making reference to Buharis daughter is nothing but a mor0n.

So Buharis and his family members have now become standard for Islamic religious practice?

The way people draw up useless justifications a times makes me wonder if they have brains at all¿

the picture actually refers to you
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by idrisade99: 11:45pm On Dec 15, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I hate islam
Hmm as your username implies
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Myde4naija(m): 11:50pm On Dec 15, 2017
zionmde:
Rubbish
U spend 6yrs studying Nigeria law only to decide to disobey the law at the end. If the Nigerian law profession is not good for their kind of Islam, why study it?
Islam permits beating of someone's wife, so assuming this girl becomes a judge and the issue of assault is brought to her by a hajiya, she will place the tenets of Quran above the law.

She is better off studying Islamic studies. Secular law is a haram, as long as the quran is not the Constitution, rather the Constitution was coined by unbelievers, then she has no business with it. She should have concentrated on becoming a sharia lawyer.

HYPOCRITES
antihatred peels needed for this dude. He is just full of hate
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by aujile(m): 11:52pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ishilove:
Some people are brainless. What is wrong with the Hijab?
I wonder who is acting brainless here

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by papagiddy(m): 11:54pm On Dec 15, 2017
islam and wahala!

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by adams123: 11:57pm On Dec 15, 2017
Our problem in this country is one, we are not religious but we always claim to be. If we give chance to Bible & Qur'an to guide our activities as Christians and Muslims respectively, Nigeria could have be a better place to rest...
I am a Muslim, but I have never read any verse in the Qur'an that states that non Muslims should be treated unjustly and I guess that portion is not also in the Bible...But how do we arrived here where Muslims & Christians are like cat & dog in most of our daily activities?

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Faizee32: 11:57pm On Dec 15, 2017
adams123:
where will I start from now
In Nigeria, there is freedom of religion and in Islamic religion, it is compulsory on a matured girl to put on HIJAB.

Where have you been since morning brother... I have to be sincere, everyone against the hijab ish are mostly Christians which is quite understandable. But the fact remains, the dress code of the institution must be respected, therefore she had her hijab underneath the wig, which basically doesn't disturb anything or anyone.
Common she's putting on the gown and wig for crying out loud, it's not her fault if other religions do not have laws on appropriate mode of dressing.

2 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Chachangi: 12:02am On Dec 16, 2017
Abeg my people. Will she care about hijab if she's in the labour room trying to deliver a child? What if she's going through an operation in the hospital, will she still care about hijab? Will that not break her piety?

If it will not, then what's the fuss about removing "headdresses" for just a couple of hours.

Was she ask to dance naked?

The irony of the whole issue is that the God I know is MORE INTERESTED in your heart and not your dressing so long as that is moderate.

It is well .

5 Likes

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 12:02am On Dec 16, 2017
big fool
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by adams123: 12:03am On Dec 16, 2017
Inspire01:
The law comes first before any religion

Constitution of Nigeria, Article 38: Freedom of Religion

(1) Every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, including freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom (either alone or in community with others, and in public or in private) to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and observance.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by talk2percy(m): 12:06am On Dec 16, 2017
In fact, the truth of the matter be say, honestly I no dey like shook mouth for Muslim matter. Their matter get as e dey be.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 16, 2017
Faizee32:

Where have you been since morning brother... I have to be sincere, everyone against the hijab ish are mostly Christians which is quite understandable. But the fact remains, the dress code of the institution must be respected, therefore she had her hijab underneath the wig, which basically doesn't disturb anything or anyone.
Common she's putting on the gown and wig for crying out loud, it's not her fault if other religions do not have laws on appropriate mode of dressing.

You guys are not getting it, the minute the law is bent for a religion, other religions will follow as well, this is the law that connotes a country, it shouldn't be meddled with

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by adams123: 12:09am On Dec 16, 2017
Chachangi:
Abeg my people. Will she care about hijab if she's in the labour room trying to deliver a child? What if she's going through an operation in the hospital, will she still care about hijab? Will that not break her piety?

If it will not, then what's the fuss about removing "headdresses" for just a couple of hours.

Was she ask to dance naked?

The irony of the whole issue is that the God I know is MORE INTERESTED in your heart and not your dressing so long as that is moderate.

It is well .

If I may ask, between Bible and Nigeria constitution which one is supreme to you as a Christian??
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Joemetry(m): 12:09am On Dec 16, 2017

NOLLYWOOD THIS DAYZ NO DE TRY OH..!

LIKE SAY NA BEFORE WE FOR DAHN GET SOMETHING LIKE;

*MY TRIP TO LIBYA

*MY SLAVERY EXPERIENCE IN LIBYA PART 1

*MY SLAVERY EXPERIENCE IN LIBYA PART2

*LIBYA AND SLAVERY

*HOW I CONQUERED SLAVERY IN LIBYA SEASON 1

*SLAVE TRADE IN LIBYA SEASON 1

*THE RETURN OF SLAVES PART 1

NA LIE?

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 16, 2017
adams123:

Constitution of Nigeria, Article 38: Freedom of Religion

(1) Every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, including freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom (either alone or in community with others, and in public or in private) to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and observance.

It doesnt state where you should disobey the law of the country
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by larrywax: 12:11am On Dec 16, 2017
Product of failed system undecided undecided! How does hijab affects the functionality of her brain professionally?

zionmde:
Rubbish
U spend 6yrs studying Nigeria law only to decide to disobey the law at the end. If the Nigerian law profession is not good for their kind of Islam, why study it?
Islam permits beating of someone's wife, so assuming this girl becomes a judge and the issue of assault is brought to her by a hajiya, she will place the tenets of Quran above the law.

She is better off studying Islamic studies. Secular law is a haram, as long as the quran is not the Constitution, rather the Constitution was coined by unbelievers, then she has no business with it. She should have concentrated on becoming a sharia lawyer.

HYPOCRITES

1 Like

Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by Caseless: 12:14am On Dec 16, 2017
zionmde:
Rubbish

HYPOCRITES
give us that Nigerian law that says she shouldn't dress as she did.

Or I will call you stupid names.
Re: Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) by adams123: 12:14am On Dec 16, 2017
GOD did not just created us to act the way we like...as a Muslim, Qur'an is our guide and it is a must to obey GOD" OUR CREATOR" than any other code of conduct.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here / Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.